FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 37 of 83 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1502559 --- 07/28/17 07:16 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
WINNING

Going After Felons: DOJ Heavily Prosecuting Violations of Federal Gun Laws
Katie Pavlich

During the Obama administration prosecutions of federal gun law violations dropped by nearly 30 percent. Since February, the Trump administration has already turned those numbers around.

According to the Justice Department, led by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, federal gun prosecutions are up by 23 percent in 2017 compared to last year.

"Following President Trump’s Executive Order to focus on reducing crime, I directed federal prosecutors to prioritize taking illegal guns off of our streets, and as a result, we are now prosecuting hundreds more firearms defendants," Sessions released in a statement Friday. "In the first three months since the memo went into effect, charges of unlawful possession of a gun – mostly by previously convicted felons – are up by 23 percent. That sends a clear message to criminals all over this country that if you carry a gun illegally, you will be held accountable. I am grateful to the many federal prosecutors and agents who are working hard every day to make America safe again.”

President Trump signed an executive order in February directing the Department of Justice to bolster the laws on the books in order to reduce crime in cities across the country. Sessions followed up with a memo to all of the agencies under his jurisdiction at DOJ and demanded laws already on the books be rigorously enforced.

More on the numbers from DOJ:

In the three months immediately following the Attorney General’s memo – April, May and June – the number of defendants charged with unlawful possession of a firearm (18 U.S.C. 922) increased by nearly 23 percent compared to those charged over the same time period in 2016. The number of defendants charged with the crime of using a firearm in a crime of violence or drug trafficking (18 U.S.C. 924), increased by 10 percent.

Based on data from the Executive Office for United States Attorneys (EOUSA), in Fiscal Year 2016 (starting October 1), 11,656 defendants were charged with firearms offenses under 18 U.S.C. 922 or 924. EOUSA projects that in Fiscal Year 2017, the Department is on pace to charge 12,626 defendants with these firearms crimes. That would be the most federal firearms cases since 2005. It would also be an increase of eight percent from Fiscal Year 2016, 20 percent from 2015, and an increase of 23 percent from 2014.
Gun rights groups have long called for harsher prosecutions for those who violate federal gun laws, specifically for individuals who engage in straw purchases and for felons who unlawfully purchase or possess firearms.

WINNING

FingerLakes1.com
#1502567 --- 07/28/17 11:19 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Originally Posted By: kyle585
President Trump, was hired to do a job for the people, and if his cabinet appointees aren't willing do the job, it's time for them to go.
Any kind of decent boss would tell him that in person. The way he is doing shows Trump to be a coward.

I believe, President Trump is getting ready to drop the hammer on the elite establishment types.

I also believe, Anthony Scaramucci is the man who'll start doing the Hammering, he's made a vague comment that was tagged Mr. Priebus.

Define "drop the hammer".

Looks like President Trump, gave Mr. Priebus the common courtesy of a resignation, a Mr. Timbo.

Quote:

Stop, you know what it means.

#1502569 --- 07/28/17 11:38 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: cwjga
Every once in a while the Trump administration appears to do something right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But what it does right pales in comparison to what it does wrong in the most botched up presidential administration in the last 100 years. And no knowledgeable person sees any chance of change in Trump's personnel actions which are the root cause of all this chaos.

#1502570 --- 07/29/17 12:12 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Every once in a while the Trump administration appears to do something right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But what it does right pales in comparison to what it does wrong in the most botched up presidential administration in the last 100 years. And no knowledgeable person sees any chance of change in Trump's personnel actions which are the root cause of all this chaos.

Quote:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

So there is hope for you yet!

#1502571 --- 07/29/17 12:31 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

No, I don't. Stop hiding by your intentional vagueries.

#1502579 --- 07/29/17 04:29 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Mr. Timbo, I know the real world is difficult for you, but come on you know what "dropping the hammer" means getting "FIRED".

#1502581 --- 07/29/17 05:14 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Mr. Timbo, I know the real world is difficult for you, but come on you know what "dropping the hammer" means getting "FIRED".

OK, since the "real" world is so clearly difficult for me, why don't you enlighten me?

Or, could it be that your intended meaning has more nefarious (and potentially illegal) ramifications than you're willing to publicly cop to?

Stop playing games and answer the question.

#1502583 --- 07/29/17 06:04 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

OK, since the "real" world is so clearly difficult for me, why don't you enlighten me?

Or, could it be that your intended meaning has more nefarious (and potentially illegal) ramifications than you're willing to publicly cop to?

Quote:

That's a good one Mr. Timbo.

Looks to me, like you're trying to intimidate me...Mr. Timbo!

Also Mr. Timbo, you 'all remind me of the fake news, always making garbage up, and always trying to put words in peoples mouth's.

#1502584 --- 07/29/17 06:50 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Quote:

Also Mr. Timbo, you 'all remind me of the fake news, always making garbage up, and always trying to put words in peoples mouth's.

Intimidate? No. Rather, I'm attempting to get you to clarify your cryptic assertions.

In the absence of such, you can expect people to infer their own conclusions. You're obviously trying to skirt the issue, which strongly suggests that I'm not far off the mark.

So, man-up and explain yourself.

#1502585 --- 07/29/17 08:12 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Quote:

Intimidate? No. Rather, I'm attempting to get you to clarify your cryptic assertions.

In the absence of such, you can expect people to infer their own conclusions. You're obviously trying to skirt the issue, which strongly suggests that I'm not far off the mark.

So, man-up and explain yourself.

Quote:
I'm attempting to get you to clarify your cryptic assertions.

You aren't clarify anything, Mister Timbo.

#1502591 --- 07/30/17 04:41 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Brilliant. Who would expect anything more or less out of you?

#1502597 --- 07/30/17 01:08 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Brilliant. Who would expect anything more or less out of you?

I don't understand, Mister Timbo could you please clarify?

#1502599 --- 07/30/17 02:16 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

On "Meet the Press" this morning they showed a clip of George Will, conservative columnist, saying that Trump is on track to be the worst president ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...-ever-president

Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president
Dana Nuccitelli

#1502611 --- 07/31/17 02:39 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

On "Meet the Press" this morning they showed a clip of George Will, conservative columnist, saying that Trump is on track to be the worst president ever.

Dana Nuccitelli

The Guardian Kyle? ROFLMAO! OH BOY!

#1502626 --- 07/31/17 08:47 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

Dana Nuccitelli

It was a clip on Meet the Press. With George Will saying it. You really out to get your news from someplace other than Breitbart at least once in a while.

#1502639 --- 07/31/17 04:32 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Yes, The Guardian. And proudly. You should be so lucky to find a better source of quality, independent, accurate journalism:
http://www.ifcreports.com/guardian.html

#1502654 --- 07/31/17 11:28 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Yes, The Guardian. And proudly. You should be so lucky to find a better source of quality, independent, accurate journalism:[/size]

Yeah, it's the best thing since Beet soup, if you're a leftist.

#1502664 --- 08/01/17 02:30 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
gassy one Offline

Yes, The Guardian. And proudly. You should be so lucky to find a better source of quality, independent, accurate journalism:[/size]

source of quality, independent, accurate journalism: You wouldn't know that if it hit you in the face BIMBO!

#1503025 --- 08/08/17 11:30 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE LOSING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

OMG. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ANYONE AS TWO-FACED AS DONALD J. TRUMP? THANKS FOX

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/...orney-says.html

President Trump and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who reportedly impaneled a grand jury in the investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion with the Trump campaign in the 2016 presidential election, have sent messages “back and forth,” according to the president’s outside counsel.

In an interview with USA Today, Trump’s chief counsel John Dowd said he's sent the messages on behalf of the president, who “appreciates” Mueller’s work. Dowd reiterated to Fox News that the communications have been professional.

“He appreciates what Bob Mueller is doing. He asked me to share that with him and that’s what I’ve done,” Dowd told USA Today. “The president has sent messages back and forth.”
FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. A 2001 Justice Department memo warned that no nation, including the United States, was immune from the threat posed by Russian organized crime. The special counsel investigation is bringing attention to Russian efforts to meddle in democratic processes, the type of intelligence gathering that in the past has relied on hired hackers. It&#146;s not clear how much the probe by Mueller will center on the criminal underbelly of Moscow, but he&#146;s already picked some lawyers with experience confronting organized crime. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File) Expand / Collapse

A spokesman for Mueller told Fox News that there have been communications among special counsel attorneys and the president’s outside legal team, as well as the president’s special counsel, Ty Cobb. The spokesman told Fox News those communications have been “very professional” and “very cooperative from both sides.”

The special counsel’s team is now stacked with 16 attorneys.

#1503036 --- 08/09/17 01:07 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö

source of quality, independent, accurate journalism: You wouldn't know that if it hit you in the face BIMBO!

!!! Yip. Yip. Yip.

Gassy makes another FINE throwaway alter ego for that schizo disorder of yours "Sniper".
grin

Page 37 of 83 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 82 83 >