FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 36 of 83 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1502382 --- 07/25/17 03:08 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening
Originally Posted By: kyle585
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-latest/index.html

Sen. Graham just issued this statement about that tweet:

July 25, 2017 10:05am EDT
Lindsey Graham: Trump's tweet is "highly inappropriate"

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said Trump's slamming Attorney General Jeff Sessions for being "weak" on Hillary Clinton was "highly inappropriate."

I know this is foreign to you Kyle, but stay on topic.

Edited by ThomasDecker (07/25/17 04:33 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1502385 --- 07/25/17 03:28 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-sessions-bullying/index.html

Donald Trump's public bullying of Jeff Sessions is embarrassing
CNN

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

At 6:12 a.m. ET, the President of the United States tweeted this:

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!"

That came less than 24 hours after Trump had described Sessions as "beleagured" in another tweet and one day after he seemed to roll his eyes when asked about the attorney general in a photo-op with White House interns on Monday.

It came six days after Trump told The New York Times that he would have never hired Sessions at all if he knew that the AG would recuse himself in the ongoing investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bully

Definition of bully

1 a : a blustering, browbeating person; especially : one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker, smaller, or in some way vulnerable

#1502386 --- 07/25/17 03:31 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-sessions-bullying/index.html

what Trump is doing to Sessions is the worst sort of bullying. He's attacking a subordinate -- publicly and repeatedly -- knowing that the subordinate has no real recourse other than to resign his post.

That appears to be, of course, exactly the outcome Trump wants. For all of his bluster, he's not terribly fond of actually firing people -- he prefers to isolate and embarrass them into quitting.

That, plus Trump's potential fears of what it might look like if he fired the AG so soon after firing the FBI director -- and with the Russia investigation still ongoing -- seems to be at the root of Trump's strategy here.

But, what Trump is doing to Sessions is more embarrassing for the former than the latter. Picking on someone who works for you is rarely a good look. And doing it via Twitter -- while not being willing to speak to Sessions in person -- is not the sort of stuff we have come to expect from a president.

If Trump thinks Sessions is doing such a bad job -- as he clearly does -- then he should fire him. That's well within his powers as president.

What he's doing right now is well beneath the office of president.

And, from a purely political perspective, it's misguided. Sessions is beloved by Trump's base as one of the original voices willing to speak out on the problems of undocumented workers in the United States. The likes of Rush Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson have urged Trump to leave off the public bullying of Sessions.

Remember too that Sessions is a former member of the US Senate -- a place where Trump badly needs some goodwill from Republicans on his health care bill among other things. Attacking one of their own is not the way to win the Senate's heart.

Donald Trump has promised to be "modern day presidential." It sure looks a lot like plain old bullying from here.

#1502391 --- 07/25/17 04:20 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If I was Sessions I would not resign. I would not respond to Trump or say anything in public at all. No speeches to anybody. Just walk around and wave and smile with that silly grin on his face he usually has. I think that would frustrate Trump to no end.

Hey, Mr. Sessions, you have to feel he deserves this now because of the way has treated you.

And yesterday he has the nerve to tell the Boy Scouts that we need more loyalty in this country! We do starting at the top!

#1502392 --- 07/25/17 04:46 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

OMG. I am going to cut and paste from Brietbart!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...wn-weak-stance/

President Trump’s decision Tuesday to attack Attorney General Jeff Sessions over Sessions’ “position” on Hillary Clinton’s various scandals only serves to highlight Trump’s own hypocrisy on the issue — and is likely to fuel concerns from his base who see Sessions at the best hope to fulfill Trump’s immigration policies.

“Lock her up” was a common chant on the Trump campaign trail, but in less than a month of Trump’s longshot victory, that promise was shredded by the president-elect. In an interview with the New York Times two weeks after Election Day, Trump expressed concern about how much Hillary Clinton had suffered.

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Trump said. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways, and I am not looking to hurt them at all. The campaign was vicious.”

When asked what he would say to his disappointed supporters, he said: “I think I will explain it that we in many ways will save our country.”

Breitbart News criticized Trump’s U-turn at the time, calling it a “Broken Promise” on the site’s front-page.

But while many of his supporters were indeed disappointed, the controversy quickly died down — with some believing that it was a necessary political price to pay in order to push forward with Trump’s pro-America agenda.

Trump’s base reasoned that they would rather have a border wall than Hillary Clinton prosecuted. But now they may end up with neither.

#1502393 --- 07/25/17 04:57 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

I know it's hard for you kyle, stay on topic.

#1502394 --- 07/25/17 05:21 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

I know it's hard for you kyle, stay on topic.

Here is the subject of this thread:

The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING

Since Trump is winning almost nothing there is nothing to stay on topic of.

#1502409 --- 07/25/17 08:38 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/25/breitbar...n-donald-trump/

Breitbart, conservatives, are ready to go to the mat for Jeff Sessions — and turn on Donald Trump
What could possibly make the president’s favorite right-wing website turn against him? Jeff Sessions

#1502410 --- 07/25/17 08:40 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

According to reporting from Politico, Breitbart’s shocking rebuke of Trump is in line with Bannon’s current thoughts on the controversy. Citing an unnamed “senior White House aide,” Politico reported Bannon “has emphasized that firing Sessions is a risky move that would cast the White House in a negative light and potentially unleash a political disaster.” Bannon, of course, is such a fan of his “mentor” Jeff Sessions that he first encouraged the former Alabama senator to run for president before joining the Trump campaign.

Breitbart’s harsh words for Trump echoed those offered by right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday.

“It’s also a little bit discomforting, unseemly, for Trump to go after such a loyal supporter this way,” Limbaugh said on his radio show Monday, calling Sessions a “by-the-book” attorney general.

#1502415 --- 07/25/17 11:00 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

According to reporting from Politico, Breitbart’s shocking rebuke of Trump is in line with Bannon’s current thoughts on the controversy. Citing an unnamed “senior White House aide,” Politico reported Bannon “has emphasized that firing Sessions is a risky move that would cast the White House in a negative light and potentially unleash a political disaster.” Bannon, of course, is such a fan of his “mentor” Jeff Sessions that he first encouraged the former Alabama senator to run for president before joining the Trump campaign.

Breitbart’s harsh words for Trump echoed those offered by right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh on Monday.

“It’s also a little bit discomforting, unseemly, for Trump to go after such a loyal supporter this way,” Limbaugh said on his radio show Monday, calling Sessions a “by-the-book” attorney general.

President Trump, was hired to do a job for the people, and if his cabinet appointees aren't willing do the job, it's time for them to go.

If I were President Trump, there'd be a lot of bureaucrats looking for new employment somewhere!

#1502416 --- 07/25/17 11:06 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

President Trump, was hired to do a job for the people, and if his cabinet appointees aren't willing do the job, it's time for them to go.
Any kind of decent boss would tell him that in person. The way he is doing shows Trump to be a coward.

#1502469 --- 07/27/17 02:51 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Online   content

Any kind of decent boss would tell him that in person. The way he is doing shows Trump to be a coward.
It's called delegating Kyle!

#1502481 --- 07/27/17 04:43 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
It's called delegating Kyle!
Delegating firing and totally humiliating the guy in public day after day? OMG.

#1502485 --- 07/27/17 04:58 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

I believe, President Trump is getting ready to drop the hammer on the elite establishment types.

I also believe, Anthony Scaramucci is the man who'll start doing the Hammering, he's made a vague comment that was tagged Mr. Priebus.

#1502542 --- 07/28/17 02:23 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Remember today July 28, 2017 when Trumps presidency is declared effectively over.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/344281...ffectively-over

'I think this presidency legislatively is effectively over,' says Rick Tyler. #morningjoe pic.twitter.com/PDhARlx1RL
— Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) July 28, 2017

Sen. Ted Cruz's former communications director Rick Tyler declared the presidency of Donald Trump "is effectively over" on MSNBC on Friday.

"I think this presidency is effectively over," Tyler told "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski.

"And if you look back to different presidencies, you look at Bill Clinton. He had a rough first two years, very difficult two years. But after Oklahoma City he was able to regain his footing and become presidential until he slipped on a blue dress," Tyler continued.

"But this President cannot change. Nothing about his behavior tells me, since the beginning of this process, that he was going to change. And if you cannot change and you cannot become presidential, and you cannot convince the majority of the American people to enact some legislative agenda that he wants passed, his presidency legislatively is effectively over," he concluded.

#1502543 --- 07/28/17 02:27 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/lindsey-graham-trump-robert-mueller-241027

Sen. Lindsey Graham sent a sharp warning Thursday to President Donald Trump that it “could be the beginning of the end” of his presidency if he makes moves to fire special counsel Robert Mueller.

#1502544 --- 07/28/17 02:30 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opini...0724-story.html

Commentary: Donald Trump's presidency cannot be saved

#1502545 --- 07/28/17 02:33 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/graydon-carter-trump-presidency-is-already-a-joke

The Trump Presidency Is Already a Joke
But it’s no laughing matter.

by Graydon Carter
March 22, 2017 5:00 pm

It can reasonably be said that our dear leader is now the most ridiculed man on the planet. In fact, he may well be the most ridiculed man in history.

For a preening narcissist who takes himself terribly seriously, being the butt of the joke heard round the world has got to hurt. The handpicked assortment of craven nitwits and supplicants that he has surrounded himself with have valiantly tried to insulate him from the derision.

But they’re only human. Your heart has to go out to the ones doing the heavy lifting: banty Sean Spicer, the M. C. Escher of the English language, and Kellyanne Conway, the president’s temperament fluffer. (Look away from CNN, Mr. President. There’s something shiny and bright over there!) Engaging as it is to watch these overworked mouthpieces, I fear their days must be numbered. Comments about microwaves that turn into spy cameras and what should be understood when the president puts words in quotation marks are having minimal effect in reducing the scorn heaped upon their boss.

Hats off to them for their tenacity, but no amount of spin is going to change the fact that the Trump White House, like the company its inhabitant has run for the past four decades, continues to be a shambolic mess.

#1502549 --- 07/28/17 05:43 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

I believe, President Trump is getting ready to drop the hammer on the elite establishment types.

I also believe, Anthony Scaramucci is the man who'll start doing the Hammering, he's made a vague comment that was tagged Mr. Priebus.

Define "drop the hammer".

#1502550 --- 07/28/17 05:53 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo
I am not sure who you consider elite establishment types? I believe in term limits for congress as we have for the president. However the public can vote them out of office after every term. So if these are the elite establishment types you are talking about it is the voters own fault they are there so long.

Page 36 of 83 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 82 83 >