FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#1503405 --- 08/15/17 10:49 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
So here we are again... Ridicule all you want. Does any moment of clarity occur? Does it even seem something could matter enough to take a long look at how we present ourselves? Visitors for all over the world come to SF to honor and reflect upon the history of Women's Rights. Too bad even when we are shown the ball we can't pick it up and run with it.

I don't think any moment of clarity has occurred.

The protesters of modern day women's rights don't even know what they are fighting for. Wage gap!? That's a laugh. Like I said, I know plenty of women who are making more than men and got the position on the sole fact that they are female and/or a so-called minority so the HR can meet their quotas. So, it wasn't the best qualified person that got the job, it was the best woman/minority that got the job.

We have silly breakfast cereal commercials catering to women just for the sake of companies jumping on the new political movement train. Women have kids!? Women run businesses? Women run marathons? Women run businesses? How? Because they eat! Wow. I didn't know women eat. That commercial was really enlightening. Are you mad because of wearing a bra? OK-go braless-make the world a happier place:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wlGwgixlQ

You know society is doomed when we have women that act like men and men that act like women. Then, some WOmen take it a step further and have addadictame surgeries. I guess they really own that. Lol.

FingerLakes1.com
#1503406 --- 08/15/17 10:53 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: past tense]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: past tense
If you didn't mean dog ears, and you meant a hat with a replica of your genitalia on it (which women marchers did not wear) I can tell you right now--on behalf of all feminists, we certainly encourage you to begin marching with penises on your heads.

Please. Start knitting immediately.

Women protesters weren't wearing vagina hats? Was that for the black lives matter protest? Are you saying all men are dogs?

#1503415 --- 08/15/17 02:13 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
The hats were knitted in the shape of cat ears.

They were nicknamed "p**** hats" because that is a double entendre--the word means cat, and also the way the president meant it, in reference to a woman's external reproductive organs, which he said he could grab whenever he liked.

So if you are wearing hats "opposite of the ones at the women's march" you are referencing either:

a) A hat knitted in the shape of dog ears
b) A hat knitted to represent the external male genitalia

Either way, feminists win.

And I assure you, we know what we're marching for. Just because I make more money than some men doesn't mean a wage gap does not exist. That's like saying global warming isn't real because it snows in some places.

Wait, let me guess.

#1503416 --- 08/15/17 02:15 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Six pages, no reflection. Never change, forum!

#1503421 --- 08/15/17 03:50 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: past tense]
hearallseeall Offline

They were nicknamed "p**** hats" because that is a double entendre--the word means cat, and also the way the president meant it, in reference to a woman's external reproductive organs, which he said he could grab whenever he liked.

So if you are wearing hats "opposite of the ones at the women's march" you are referencing either:

And I assure you, we know what we're marching for. Just because I make more money than some men doesn't mean a wage gap does not exist. That's like saying global warming isn't real because it snows in some places.

Wait, let me guess.

Actually this is what I was referring to when I made the off the cuff comment.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2yaH6sVEAIlBND.jpg:large

So, I'm not sure what the feminist won but congrats.

And I'm not supporting Trump but if you're worried about a comment such as grab them by the "p_$$y" I'd say you're getting a little too sensitive. We have countries preparing to drop nukes on us and we are worried about word play cry cry Plus, that was a private conversation. Let's think about all the things you may have said in private to another person. I'm sure that everyone has said stuff that wouldn't meet the approval of EVERYONE in the world.

Let's not even get into all the women that are degrading women and making vulgar comments. That's OK though right because a woman can degrade another woman, right?

You had Madonna and Miley Cyrus leading the whole three ring circus. Both great role models for women *sarcasm*. They've used and abused more men and women sexually in one week compared to what Trump did in a year or lifetime.

And yea, you are right. If you are making more than some men a wage gap does exist and the male needs to make an equal salary. Why should the male make less simply based on his gender?

#1503424 --- 08/15/17 05:59 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: past tense]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Six pages, no reflection. Never change, forum!
But it has changed, about 90% of the people go elsewhere crazy

#1503488 --- 08/16/17 05:45 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: hearallseeall]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: hearallseeall

Wait, let me guess.

Actually this is what I was referring to when I made the off the cuff comment.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2yaH6sVEAIlBND.jpg:large

So, I'm not sure what the feminist won but congrats.

And I'm not supporting Trump but if you're worried about a comment such as grab them by the "p_$$y" I'd say you're getting a little too sensitive. We have countries preparing to drop nukes on us and we are worried about word play cry cry Plus, that was a private conversation. Let's think about all the things you may have said in private to another person. I'm sure that everyone has said stuff that wouldn't meet the approval of EVERYONE in the world.

Let's not even get into all the women that are degrading women and making vulgar comments. That's OK though right because a woman can degrade another woman, right?

You had Madonna and Miley Cyrus leading the whole three ring circus. Both great role models for women *sarcasm*. They've used and abused more men and women sexually in one week compared to what Trump did in a year or lifetime.

And yea, you are right. If you are making more than some men a wage gap does exist and the male needs to make an equal salary. Why should the male make less simply based on his gender?

This is the forum-est reply possible. Thank you.

#1503555 --- 08/17/17 06:56 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: past tense]
Lee Alias Offline

Loc: NY,Seneca, Seneca Falls
Being a resident of SF, for over 40yrs......I have seen a change, in Friendliness, through the years & not for the good, in many cases. However, I would say not much different then most small communities. I want to stay positive...for example: Parker's - never had bad or unfriendly service. Carol & her staff greet with a smile...home town style. Ferrara Lumber - The Ferrara family & staff again, friendly service..."Can we help you?". Red's Place - "Where everyone knows your name." Pedulla's Liquor - Amy & her staff top notch...friendly service. What happened to Seneca Clothing, Ceo & Rutz, Super Duper, State Bank, Seneca Falls Savings, etc.??? All were home town friendly & knew you & your family. Clothing & Shoes outlet mall, groceries Topps & Wal-mart and local banks gone & controlled by BIG banks. Or have become a BIG bank. To conclude the demographics has changed, more low income & welfare.....more people walking the streets doing nothing.

#1503567 --- 08/18/17 12:09 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Lee Alias]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
I laughed when I read your post. You must be somehow related to the businesses you mentioned because I have heard many complaints about every one of those businesses. If you listen to former employees and customers they will tell you just the opposite.

#1503865 --- 08/22/17 08:26 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
I laughed when I read your post. You must be somehow related to the businesses you mentioned because I have heard many complaints about every one of those businesses. If you listen to former employees and customers they will tell you just the opposite.

This could be said for any business, anywhere. Someone always has a beef with someone else. This doesn't prove that Seneca Falls is unfriendly.

#1503869 --- 08/22/17 08:41 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Red22]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
I have seen restaurants online with many comments about the place. Some people say it is the best place they ever ate and some say it is the worst place they ever ate. Go figure.

#1503899 --- 08/22/17 05:03 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca

#1504256 --- 08/29/17 11:58 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Hello_Governer]
hearallseeall Offline

399 reviews as of 08-29-17.

387 in the 'average' and above reviews.
12 in the 'poor' and 'terrible' section.

So, 3% are in the cry baby group.

Sounds about right. 95% of our news is about what 3-4% of the nation is crying about.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7