FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#1502062 --- 07/21/17 07:20 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Hello_Governer]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
It's my opinion that the superintendent of the park is handling the situation wrong. To expect the town board to do something about it is totally unreasonable. Park employees should just smile and say "I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience". Some people are career victims and it would be my guess that the superintendent is one of them.

Agreed. There is something unsettling about an agent of the federal government more or less directing a municipal government on how it thinks local citizens should feel.

FingerLakes1.com
#1502064 --- 07/21/17 07:50 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Unfortunately there is an element that is quick to find offense. In SF you are either in or out, that's it.

#1502096 --- 07/21/17 07:00 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Kells Offline

All I know is Seneca Falls stinks to high heaven. Some friends had a boat trip planned and were to stay at the free canal docks there - a beautiful facility - but kept going to Seneca Lake after they caught a whiff on a particular odorous evening. Such a pity.

#1502101 --- 07/21/17 07:56 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Kells]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: Kells
All I know is Seneca Falls stinks to high heaven. Some friends had a boat trip planned and were to stay at the free canal docks there - a beautiful facility - but kept going to Seneca Lake after they caught a whiff on a particular odorous evening. Such a pity.
Really? OMG. What could of caused that?

#1502103 --- 07/21/17 08:11 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Dead fish.

#1502104 --- 07/21/17 08:13 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Kells]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Kells
ya mean they passed on all the FREE STUFF ? AAWWWWWWW

#1502125 --- 07/22/17 07:14 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
Better get used to it kids. Cash, cash, and cash are king.

#1502173 --- 07/23/17 07:27 AM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny

Is there a better way ?
Doesn't somebody have to pay for all that free stuff the liberals want ? Besides isn't the main problem with Seneca Falls the fact that people with a bigger house and a better car and a government job think they're better than everyone else ?

#1502180 --- 07/23/17 12:16 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

Is there a better way ?
Doesn't somebody have to pay for all that free stuff the liberals want ?
Trump refuses to show us his tax returns and show us that a billionaire pays no income tax.

#1502185 --- 07/23/17 12:37 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585

Is there a better way ?
Trump refuses to show us his tax returns and show us that a billionaire pays no income tax.
He is no different than most corporations that pay no tax!

#1502210 --- 07/23/17 02:32 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

Is there a better way ?
Really? And Trump wants to cut corporate taxes more!

#1502211 --- 07/23/17 02:34 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Is there a better way ?
That had nothing to do with the fact that he won't show us his tax returns. Every candidate for president has but him for 50 years. I think his tax returns will show more Russian connections.

#1502216 --- 07/23/17 03:30 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

Corporations don't pay taxes they just pass it on to the consumer with higher prices. When did it become illegal to do business with Russia ?
Kyle just hijacked another thread grin

Edited by scwoodchuck (07/23/17 03:57 PM)

#1502218 --- 07/23/17 04:37 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Corporations don't pay taxes

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/corporations-pay-state-federal-taxes-59838.html

Just like people, corporations have to pay taxes. For any incorporated business, the IRS sets rules for deductible expenses, exempt income and tax credits, and levies a progressive tax rate that varies depending on the corporation's net taxable income.

#1502219 --- 07/23/17 04:40 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Corporations don't pay taxes
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-corporations-are-taxed-30157.html

A corporation is the only type of business that must pay its own income taxes on profits.

#1502220 --- 07/23/17 04:41 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic-...ncome-tax-rates

Are you hearing that U.S. corporations are taxed much more than their international competitors, making it harder for them to compete in global markets? Those who think so want policymakers to substantially cut corporate income taxes, protect corporate tax loopholes or both. But that claim is highly misleading to begin with, as this recent Wall Street Journal analysis of pharmaceutical giant Pfizer's accounting methods illustrates.

#1502227 --- 07/23/17 06:50 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/economic-...ncome-tax-rates

Are you hearing that U.S. corporations are taxed much more than their international competitors, making it harder for them to compete in global markets? Those who think so want policymakers to substantially cut corporate income taxes, protect corporate tax loopholes or both. But that claim is highly misleading to begin with, as this recent Wall Street Journal analysis of pharmaceutical giant Pfizer's accounting methods illustrates.
Most corporations don't pay taxes as they have moved their headquarters out of the country to diminish their taxable income!

#1502236 --- 07/23/17 07:18 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: kyle585]
scwoodchuck Offline

So what you are saying is that corporations get money from sources other than charging their customers, right ? I have never paid taxes, taxes were added to my customers bill. It's called the cost of doing business. Lower taxes mean lower prices for goods produced and therefore more competitive.

Edited by scwoodchuck (07/23/17 07:20 PM)

#1502241 --- 07/23/17 07:31 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Most corporations don't pay taxes as they have moved their headquarters out of the country to diminish their taxable income!

Incorrect. Only about 20% of American Companies do not pay taxes.

Still WAY too few.

#1502242 --- 07/23/17 07:35 PM Re: So, is Seneca Falls unfriendly? [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Incorrect. Only about 20% of American Companies do not pay taxes.

Still WAY too few.
That's what I'm saying BIMBO DUH! If they move their headquarters overseas they aren't American anymore! Classic example is Burger King! They merged with Tim Hortons and moved their headquarters to Canada!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >