FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1502372 --- 07/25/17 07:10 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: Festus]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash
Kyle Black even claims he's a community man and really cares about the people in it. He's all about helping people until things don't go the way Stank Meadows wants them to go.

At that point, he's more than ready to get lawyers and take everyone to court to get his way. Do you really want this guy as a neighbor or a friend? Sounds two-faced.

This guy must really enjoy using people to get a paycheck. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

FingerLakes1.com
#1502373 --- 07/25/17 07:45 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: scwoodchuck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Gee, Kyle must have forgot about all the signs during the last election. The signs will be going up for the next November election too.
I was only talking about signs about the dump. Are there going to be pro-dump signs going up before the November election?

#1502375 --- 07/25/17 08:22 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: hearallseeall
Kyle Black even claims he's a community man and really cares about the people in it. He's all about helping people until things don't go the way Stank Meadows wants them to go.

At that point, he's more than ready to get lawyers and take everyone to court to get his way. Do you really want this guy as a neighbor or a friend? Sounds two-faced.

This guy must really enjoy using people to get a paycheck. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

Black has a job that somebody has to do. If it ain't him it would just be somebody else. Besides, you are the one that should have problems sleeping because of all the lies that you have spread about the landfill.

#1502377 --- 07/25/17 08:56 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Black has a job that somebody has to do. If it ain't him it would just be somebody else. Besides, you are the one that should have problems sleeping because of all the lies that you have spread about the landfill.

Stating the landfill STINKS is very truthful, far from a lie. Plus, even our friend from Malaysia, Nurul Ashikin, said "The situation is not great as the waste releases a stench so powerful it makes those not used to it throw up. Literally have everything come out of you."

I still stand behind my point about him. He said he cares about the community until the community says they do not want to be the dumping grounds for the Northeast. At that point, you've become Black's worst enemy and he wants to see you in court for not getting his way.

#1502429 --- 07/25/17 10:08 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
gassy one Offline

Stating the landfill STINKS is very truthful, far from a lie. Plus, even our friend from Malaysia, Nurul Ashikin, said "The situation is not great as the waste releases a stench so powerful it makes those not used to it throw up. Literally have everything come out of you."

I still stand behind my point about him. He said he cares about the community until the community says they do not want to be the dumping grounds for the Northeast. At that point, you've become Black's worst enemy and he wants to see you in court for not getting his way.
How about all the crap about massive contamination?

#1502433 --- 07/26/17 08:32 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: gassy one]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one

That's definitely not a lie either. I would also say contamination is all relative to a person's opinion. Obviously, you believe that the dump offers ZERO contamination to the area. Whereas another person might say the stench that residents are forced to breath would be enough to consider the environment contaminated.

There was a youtube video that was posted on here plenty of times. The trucker was on the CB asking where the dump wants the load of asbestos. I would say that's contamination.

And we all know that the dump does not check every single thing that is coming through on the trucks. So, who knows what's going in there. Im 100% sure it's not just unwanted household waste such as carrot peelings. If I want to throw a car battery in my trash, I could. Along with paint, chemicals, and any other CONTAMINANTS you can fit into a trashcan.

#1502434 --- 07/26/17 08:44 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: gassy one]
hearallseeall Offline

I took the time to find the video for you.
Start listening at 2:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xsRiNl7B6c

The video says, "What'd you say about the contaminated? I didn't hear you, you got walked on. . . . Is that the contaminated dirt with the asbestos in it errr?"

"bring it up"

"go ahead and bring the contaminated dirt up"

Are you really going to argue with this? I have nothing to do with this video. The dump workers themselves are calling the material they are taking in "CONTAMINATED."

#1502441 --- 07/26/17 12:22 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: gassy one]
hearallseeall Offline

This was a good post in 2012 and still holds true 5 years later. . .

Originally Posted By: http://forums.fingerlakes1.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1376624
Originally Posted By: Chicago Jesus
Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: mikey
Chicago...it is never about what the right thing to do is; it is always about the money, including all the transport people. It's just a nasty business with nasty people taking care of too much of our nasty stuff in one nasty location for a nasty amount of profit.

We matter not.
Well said mikey. The big problem is that it is not just our local nasty stuff which we could easily deal with but SM is dealing with the nasty stuff for several northeastern states and even part of Canada. And furthermore they seem to have several employees with political "connections" to make it even nastier all around.

kyle, so you think the county can survive on cheap car dealers and nasty wine tasting?

Of course it can.

It could also survive from businesses like Goulds, Wadhams, Huntington nursing home, BonaDent, the outlet mall, the wineries, farming, and all the other small local businesses. These business do 1,000x more for this area vs. what the dump does to this area.

Maybe if Bob Aronson from SCIDA didnt have his head shoved so far up Don Gentilcore's butt, we could have attracted more businesses like this.

"NASTY WINE TASTING"??? Are you saying the 1,000's of people that come here every year, come here to taste something nasty. that really shows your intelligence!

Do you think 3,000+ people came here for just to run in the 5k?? Or because it's a tourist draw because they attached to the It's a Wonderful Life theme???

Are you really that numb in your head that you think SC needs the dump?? LOL.

What does the dump do for the county. Provide 70 jobs!?! Do you really think that is the saving grace for the area. hahhahahhahahhaha.

If the dump closed tomorrow, the only town that would be screwed is SF. That's only because PETER SAME relied so heavily on this trash cash to keep the taxes artificially lower. So, the leaders of SF today would have a huge issue to deal with.

If the dump went away tomorrow, everyone else in SC would easily adjust.

It's sad we have people such as Peter Same and Bob Aronson in leadership positions making such bad decisions that RUINED the area for potential development.

Stop acting so IGNORANT!

#1502442 --- 07/26/17 01:17 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

SO, " If the dump went away tomorrow, everyone else in SC would easily adjust."

Well how come nobody has come up with the figures proving it will be easy to adjust ? Come on, how many millions will this adjusting cost ? What will adjusting consist of ? Composting under your kitchen sink and stinking up your whole house? Paying thousands of dollars to recycle so when there is no market for the recycables in can go to the nearest landfill 50 miles away ? COME ON COME UP WITH THE NUMBERS !!!!!!!!!

#1502443 --- 07/26/17 02:06 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Well how come nobody has come up with the figures proving it will be easy to adjust ? Come on, how many millions will this adjusting cost ? What will adjusting consist of ? Composting under your kitchen sink and stinking up your whole house? Paying thousands of dollars to recycle so when there is no market for the recycables in can go to the nearest landfill 50 miles away ? COME ON COME UP WITH THE NUMBERS !!!!!!!!!

Boy, you just looove moving the goalpost when your arguments blow up in your face. eek

#1502446 --- 07/26/17 02:24 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Your point is a good one. The day where people will have to spend more in Seneca County for trash removal won't be to far in the future. Since SM is taking in trash from all over the NE, the dump will reach capacity faster and be forced to close sooner.

Unless expansions get approved to fill in the land they are mining across from Burgess with trash, the dump will have to close at some point. With the exclusion of Waterloo and Seneca Falls, I don't think other towns in SC get any big breaks for trash disposal. SF even has a line in their taxes for trash removal. So, I know for a fact SF residents already pay for trash removal.

No matter what happens, it's a stinky situation.

**Edit. . .With a quick glance, it looks like every property in pays a $66.60 unit for a 'sf refuse charge' and Waterloo only charges a $30 unit 'recycling fee.' I would think SF would be cheaper or free since the dump is technically located in SF. Goes to show you how the residents of SF are getting screwed.

Edited by hearallseeall (07/26/17 02:44 PM)
Edit Reason: added info

#1502450 --- 07/26/17 04:55 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

The $66.60 is for the private company that picks up the trash and takes it to the landfill. Waterloo village employees pick up Waterloo's trash. Recycling is done at the county level. Asbestos can be disposed of safely.
https://www.mesothelioma.com/asbestos-exposure/what-is-asbestos.htm

#1502459 --- 07/26/17 07:22 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: gassy one]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls

NYS Exposed: Fracking waste dumped in Finger Lakes landfill

http://www.whec.com/news/fracking-waste-local-landfill-seneca-meadows/4526219/

#1502462 --- 07/26/17 08:37 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

The $66.60 is for the private company that picks up the trash and takes it to the landfill. Waterloo village employees pick up Waterloo's trash. Recycling is done at the county level. Asbestos can be disposed of safely.
https://www.mesothelioma.com/asbestos-exposure/what-is-asbestos.htm

Yea sure, you want that flying around as you're driving behind the truck that's hauling asbestos.

#1502463 --- 07/26/17 08:52 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: Ghosts]
hearallseeall Offline

Originally Posted By: Ghosts

Wow. And this was reported very recently, June 27, 2017. Disgusting.

Then the leachate goes to a local WWTP to be treated. Shouldn't SM be responsible for having their own water treatment facility on their property to take care of this. Why should SM use the town's equipment and taxpayer money to filter their garbage water.

The guy from the DEC in the video that Ghosts posted sounds like he is well bribed from Stank Meadows. Sounds like works for SM instead of the DEC and the people of NY. He must love his 6 figure job and protecting the interest of SM instead of the citizens of NY.

#1502465 --- 07/26/17 09:38 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
gassy one Offline

Then the leachate goes to a local WWTP to be treated. Shouldn't SM be responsible for having their own water treatment facility on their property to take care of this. Why should SM use the town's equipment and taxpayer money to filter their garbage water.

The guy from the DEC in the video that Ghosts posted sounds like he is well bribed from Stank Meadows. Sounds like works for SM instead of the DEC and the people of NY. He must love his 6 figure job and protecting the interest of SM instead of the citizens of NY.
Can't stand somebody who speaks the truth instead of your activist BS! As far as leachate SM has been treating most of it for a couple of years! Guess you have no clue as usual!
On the fracking waste subject do you actually know what is in fracking waste? I can guarantee you don't!

Edited by gassy one (07/26/17 09:42 PM)

#1502478 --- 07/26/17 11:10 PM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: gassy one]
hearallseeall Offline

Can't stand somebody who speaks the truth instead of your activist BS! As far as leachate SM has been treating most of it for a couple of years! Guess you have no clue as usual!
On the fracking waste subject do you actually know what is in fracking waste? I can guarantee you don't!

Hahahahaa.

Someone sounds defensive!

Speaks the truth? He's not working for SM. He's working for NY and he needs to keep his priorities in check.

Everybody knows they have been treating the leachate for years. Like I said, why should the town treat their garbage water. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. It's billion dollar company using taxpayer equipment to treat something that has nothing to do with the taxpayers.

Plus, you started with this by saying the contamination accusations were all lies.

The dump employees are calling it contamination.

You're only response is that people who do not think the dump is the holy grail of SC are activist and do not know anything. Of course, I really don't expect anything more from you.

#1502495 --- 07/27/17 12:37 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
You're only response is that people who do not think the dump is the holy grail of SC are activist and do not know anything. Of course, I really don't expect anything more from you.
Why would anyone pick a name like gassy to post on here?

#1502497 --- 07/27/17 05:49 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
crazy

#1502498 --- 07/27/17 06:56 AM Re: Seneca Meadows used as bad example in Malaysia [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Hahahahaa.

Someone sounds defensive!

Speaks the truth? He's not working for SM. He's working for NY and he needs to keep his priorities in check.

Everybody knows they have been treating the leachate for years. Like I said, why should the town treat their garbage water. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. It's billion dollar company using taxpayer equipment to treat something that has nothing to do with the taxpayers.

Plus, you started with this by saying the contamination accusations were all lies.

The dump employees are calling it contamination.

BUT, BUT, BUT all this time you have been saying the leachate was being dumped in the river in Endicott.
https://youtu.be/KCg9vu-O0ks

Edited by scwoodchuck (07/27/17 06:59 AM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >