FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 29 of 83 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1500720 --- 06/30/17 08:42 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Morning Joe’ hosts question Trump’s mental state, say he lied in tweets

Trump immediately fires back, calling the show 'FAKE NEWS' and alleging Brzezinski and Scarborough begged him to stop a hit piece.

By Louis Nelson and Kelsey Tamborrino

06/30/2017 07:12 AM EDT

Updated 06/30/2017 10:15 AM EDT

Edited by kyle585 (06/30/17 08:43 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1500722 --- 06/30/17 08:44 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

“President Trump launched personal attacks against us Thursday, but our concerns about his unmoored behavior go far beyond the personal. America’s leaders and allies are asking themselves yet again whether this man is fit to be president,” the "Morning Joe" co-hosts wrote. “The president’s unhealthy obsession with ‘Morning Joe’ does not serve the best interests of either his mental state or the country he runs.”

#1500723 --- 06/30/17 08:45 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

rump on Thursday was widely condemned by fellow Republicans for dramatically escalating his long-running feud with Brzezinski and Scarborough, with multiple lawmakers saying the tweets were beneath the office of the president.

"I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came ... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!" Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

On Friday, Trump revived his attacks, despite the flood of Republicans implicitly telling him to rein in his Twitter habit.

“Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump tweeted.

Brzezinski and Scarborough had addressed the alleged National Enquirer story in their op-ed, writing, “This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked. We ignored their desperate pleas.”

Edited by kyle585 (06/30/17 08:45 PM)

#1500724 --- 06/30/17 08:46 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Scarborough hit back at Trump's latest tweet, writing, "I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven't spoken with you in many months." He followed up with a second tweet asking, "Why do you keep lying about things that are so easily disproven? What is wrong with you?"

#1500725 --- 06/30/17 08:47 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Brzezinski disputed that her show had attacked Trump. “The White House claims we attack him,” she said. “No, we report on his lies. We are upset when he doesn’t tell the truth and he bullies people.”

#1500726 --- 06/30/17 08:49 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Scarborough also recalled a story he said he had not previously told, in which a “very well-known” member of Congress called the morning cable news host after a White House meeting that had been called for the president to pitch House members on health care legislation. In that meeting, Scarborough said the member of Congress relayed, Trump had labeled Scarborough “a joke” but was “vicious” when he turned to Brzezinski. “And this congressman said ‘I’ve been in politics for decades, and never seen anything like this,’” Scarborough recalled without naming the lawmaker. “He said, ‘I don’t know why I’m calling you, but I was just scared. I was scared for you guys, and I wanted you to know.’”

#1500727 --- 06/30/17 09:08 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
CNN Producer: American Voters Are ‘Stupid as S**t’ And We All Know Trump Is A ‘F**king Crazy’ Clown

Matt Vespa Matt Vespa |Posted: Jun 30, 2017 11:30 AM Share (587) Tweet
CNN Producer: American Voters Are ‘Stupid as S**t’ And We All Know Trump Is A ‘F**king Crazy’ Clown

Throughout this week, James O’ Keefe’s Project Veritas has been uncovering what’s going on inside the control rooms of CNN. John Bonifield, a producer with the network’s Atlanta office, was captured by PV reporters saying that the Russian collusion story was “mostly bulls**t,” but it’s great for ratings. CNN contributor and former green jobs czar under the Obama administration Van Jones was caught admitting that the Russia story is a “big nothing burger.” Now, associate producer for New Day Jimmy Carr is caught saying that American voters are “stupid as s**t,” and that the network feels President Trump is “f**king crazy.” Carr also takes a swipe at Kellyanne Conway, the Counselor to the President, as the blonde who looks like she got hit with a shovel. He also says that President Trump isn’t a Republican, and that he’s probably paid for abortions.

Concerning party affiliation, yes—Trump isn’t a conservative Republican. He’s a right-leaning populist, though alleging that he paid for abortions without offering any proof is; well—in keeping with CNN’s standards nowadays. Yes, some of their reports are fine, but when it comes to Trump and especially Russia—things have gone off the hinges.

PV Reporter 2: CNN is impartial, right?

Jimmy Carr: In theory

PV Reporter 2: What’s the view of Trump in like the media circle and places?

Carr: On the inside, we all recognize he is a clown, that he is hilariously unqualified for this, he’s really bad at this and that he does not have America’s best interests. We recognize he’s just f**king crazy.”

Here’s the deal, this is a man who’s not actually a Republican. He’s not actually a Republican. He just adopted that because that was the party he thought he could win in. He doesn’t believe anything that these people believe.

The man is on his third wife. I guarantee you he’s paid for abortions. He doesn’t give a s**t about abortion. He doesn’t care about gay marriage. He doesn’t even really care about the budget.

PV Reporter 1: Would it be fair to question the, I don’t want to be rude here, I’ll be careful how I put it, you’re apparently some percentage Irish or Scottish. Would it be fair to question the intellect of the American voter?

Carr: Oh no. They’re stupid as s**t.

Now, and of course the thing that pisses the White House off so much, because we actually had that awful Kellyanne Conway. You know, the blonde.

PV Reporter 2: Who?

Carr: Kellyanne Conway

PV Reporter 2: What does she look like? Is she the one with the…

Carr: She looks like she got hit with a shovel.
Van Jones has tried to push back on his on-camera role in these investigations, calling them a hoax (via The Hill):

“If you take any one line of my argument out of context, you can use it to pull off a hoax. That’s what O’Keefe’s minions did,” Jones wrote in the CNN article.

“The notion that I think Trump is innocent of all wrongdoing in Russiagate is ludicrous. But perhaps the people on team Trump can afford to live in a fantasy world," he continued.
In both cases, Jones and Bonifield are admitting that there is nothing to the Russian collusion hysteria engulfing the news media. In both cases, the two are admitting that the story is shoddy, with Bonifield saying it’s great for CNN’s finances. Even if there was selective editing, you can't edit that. They said it. O’Keefe tried to confront network president Jeff Zucker outside of his home in New York City. He didn’t feel like talking.

#1500731 --- 06/30/17 11:03 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I find it impossible to believe that there is not a whole lot of wrong doing of both Trump and his staff regarding Russia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4570870/Top-Dem-No-smoking-gun-Russia-lot-smoke.html

Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., the ranking member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told CNN's Jake Tapper that he hasn't seen any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, yet.

'Listen, there's a lot of smoke. We have no smoking gun at this point. But there is a lot of smoke,' Warner said on Sunday's State of the Union.

#1500732 --- 06/30/17 11:08 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Why would Trump say this stuff if Putin is not blackmailing him?

http://thehill.com/homenews/318086-retir...nt-ever-said-by

Former Gen. Barry McCaffrey on Monday said President Donald Trump’s recent comments about Russian President Vladimir Putin may be “the most anti-American statement” ever made by a commander-in-chief.

“I’m actually incredulous that the president would make a statement like that,” McCaffrey told MSNBC.

“One could argue that’s the most anti-American statement ever made by the president of the United States. To confuse American values with Putin, who is running a criminal oligarchy.”

#1500733 --- 07/01/17 01:35 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Is this it for Trump?

For months, Trump watchers have wondered: What will it take?

Meaning: What would finally force Republicans to face the fact, so obvious to so many, that President Trump isn’t quite right? Not in the correct sense but in the head sense.

The answer, apparently, is Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“This is not normal,” people are finally saying in response to Trump’s latest Twitter attacks in which the president of the United States limboed under his own low bar and chastised Brzezinski and co-anchor/fiance Joe Scarborough with his usual knuckle-dragging flair. Applying his 140-character attention span, he squibbed:

“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski said President Trump's attacks "worry me about the country," on June 30. She and "Morning Joe" co-host Joe Scarborough pointed to Trump's "alarming" pattern of especially vicious attacks on women as Trump tweeted out more insults. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)

Classic Trump.

This probably isn’t the way Brzezinski would have preferred things to go, but in Trump’s vernacular, she’s been cruisin’ for a bruisin’ for a long time. That is, she’s been calling out The Donald with everything but an engraved invitation to duel at dawn.

And, high time, I might add. For months during the early part of Trump’s campaign, “MoJo,” as the show is nicknamed, was a welcome station for the celebrity firing squad. Around Washington, people had begun referring to the morning manfest, where Brzezinski gamely serves as reluctant den mother, as “Morning Trump.” This was also the period when then-candidate Trump constantly bragged that he hadn’t spent any money on advertising — and no one wondered why. He regularly called in to the show, essentially running his campaign from Trump Tower.

Trump had ample coverage elsewhere as well. When your strength is branding and your name is the brand, there’s little challenge to getting airtime. Cable television anchors and producers not only became Trump’s unpaid marketers but also bear some of the responsibility/blame for Trump’s election. Then, things got strange. Trump won. Then Trump became even odder than usual, even according to his friends and others inclined to like him. Always fiercely competitive, obviously, as well as flawed, Trump nevertheless was able to control his worst impulses before becoming president, Scarborough and Brzezinski co-wrote in a Post op-ed Friday.

Or, perhaps, something is actually wrong with the guy. Plenty of physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists think so and have written me volumes in off-the-record diagnoses. A group of them have joined forces to co-write a book due out this fall.

It isn’t so much that The Donald always hits back, and harder, as his flacks boast. It’s that he’s so thin-skinned, such a political amateur — and so utterly lacking in the fine art of disregard — that he can’t let anything pass. This is the single greatest concern for the witted, not his idiotic tweets in the night. Impulsivity combined with narcissistic injury is a red flag to many for the man with access to the nuclear codes.

And so, as more and more Americans embrace “This is not normal” as the bumper sticker du jour, many are wondering again: Will this be it? Will the final straw be Brzezinski’s alleged badly bleeding face-lift, which she needlessly denied in the op-ed? She only tweaked some skin beneath the chin, she said. CNN’s Brian Stelter, meanwhile, has posted a photo of Brzezinski on the day in question and she shows no evidence of surgery and certainly not blood. What woman has a face-lift and goes bleeding to a famous club where tout le beau monde are partying?

To the point, is this it? My friends, don’t count on it.

Nothing will happen until GOP constituents start shouting and, remember, these are the same people Trump has taught to hate the media. Also, this is hardly the worst example of Trump’s errant charm. Yet, suddenly, his insulting Brzezinski, widely characterized as evidence of misogyny (what about “Psycho Joe”?), is supposed to send congressional Republicans into paroxysms of penitential rebuke-and-replace?

Brzezinski is wonder woman — smart, strong, wealthy — and engaged to marry her best friend. I seriously doubt she has been wounded by Trump’s pathetic second-grader taunts. But I get it. The most one can hope for these days is that enough Republican men can be shamed into defending Brzezinski, a woman many of them know personally — and who has thumbs-down power over potential guests on the show everybody in Washington watches.

Whatever works.

Edited by kyle585 (07/01/17 01:36 AM)

#1500734 --- 07/01/17 01:50 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The National Inquirer is almost all fake news. The fact that the owner is a friend of Trump should be all we need to know about Trumps fake news and lies.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/did-trump-weaponize-the-national-enquirer-against-joe-and-mika

The president is a longtime pal of David Pecker, chief executive of the Enquirer’s parent company American Media Inc. as well as a member of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, who acknowledges putting his tabloid at the service of Trump’s campaign last year, according to a Pecker profile in the current New Yorker.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and strategic communications director Hope Hicks didn’t respond to text messages seeking comment. A third presidential aide scoffed via an eye-rolling text: “The things you chase and the ppl you believe…”

But the president himself, who periodically claims to ignore Scarborough and Brzezinski’s cable television commentary, confirmed in a tweet Friday morning that something involving himself, the MSNBC cohosts and the Enquirer had occurred.

But he disputed their narrative that White House aides advised them that the Enquirer story would never run if only Scarborough called the president to apologize. Scarborough said he refused.

“Watched low rated &#8234;@Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump claimed.

MSNBC’s It Couple, who in early May announced plans to marry each other after a decade on the air, interrupted a vacation Friday to appear on their Morning Joe program and relate their chilling anecdote.

#1500735 --- 07/01/17 03:00 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Is this it for Trump?

For months, Trump watchers have wondered: What will it take?

Meaning: What would finally force Republicans to face the fact, so obvious to so many, that President Trump isn’t quite right? Not in the correct sense but in the head sense.

The answer, apparently, is Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“This is not normal,” people are finally saying in response to Trump’s latest Twitter attacks in which the president of the United States limboed under his own low bar and chastised Brzezinski and co-anchor/fiance Joe Scarborough with his usual knuckle-dragging flair. Applying his 140-character attention span, he squibbed:

“I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!”

MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski said President Trump's attacks "worry me about the country," on June 30. She and "Morning Joe" co-host Joe Scarborough pointed to Trump's "alarming" pattern of especially vicious attacks on women as Trump tweeted out more insults. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)

Classic Trump.

This probably isn’t the way Brzezinski would have preferred things to go, but in Trump’s vernacular, she’s been cruisin’ for a bruisin’ for a long time. That is, she’s been calling out The Donald with everything but an engraved invitation to duel at dawn.

And, high time, I might add. For months during the early part of Trump’s campaign, “MoJo,” as the show is nicknamed, was a welcome station for the celebrity firing squad. Around Washington, people had begun referring to the morning manfest, where Brzezinski gamely serves as reluctant den mother, as “Morning Trump.” This was also the period when then-candidate Trump constantly bragged that he hadn’t spent any money on advertising — and no one wondered why. He regularly called in to the show, essentially running his campaign from Trump Tower.

Trump had ample coverage elsewhere as well. When your strength is branding and your name is the brand, there’s little challenge to getting airtime. Cable television anchors and producers not only became Trump’s unpaid marketers but also bear some of the responsibility/blame for Trump’s election. Then, things got strange. Trump won. Then Trump became even odder than usual, even according to his friends and others inclined to like him. Always fiercely competitive, obviously, as well as flawed, Trump nevertheless was able to control his worst impulses before becoming president, Scarborough and Brzezinski co-wrote in a Post op-ed Friday.

Or, perhaps, something is actually wrong with the guy. Plenty of physicians, psychiatrists and psychologists think so and have written me volumes in off-the-record diagnoses. A group of them have joined forces to co-write a book due out this fall.

It isn’t so much that The Donald always hits back, and harder, as his flacks boast. It’s that he’s so thin-skinned, such a political amateur — and so utterly lacking in the fine art of disregard — that he can’t let anything pass. This is the single greatest concern for the witted, not his idiotic tweets in the night. Impulsivity combined with narcissistic injury is a red flag to many for the man with access to the nuclear codes.

And so, as more and more Americans embrace “This is not normal” as the bumper sticker du jour, many are wondering again: Will this be it? Will the final straw be Brzezinski’s alleged badly bleeding face-lift, which she needlessly denied in the op-ed? She only tweaked some skin beneath the chin, she said. CNN’s Brian Stelter, meanwhile, has posted a photo of Brzezinski on the day in question and she shows no evidence of surgery and certainly not blood. What woman has a face-lift and goes bleeding to a famous club where tout le beau monde are partying?

To the point, is this it? My friends, don’t count on it.

Nothing will happen until GOP constituents start shouting and, remember, these are the same people Trump has taught to hate the media. Also, this is hardly the worst example of Trump’s errant charm. Yet, suddenly, his insulting Brzezinski, widely characterized as evidence of misogyny (what about “Psycho Joe”?), is supposed to send congressional Republicans into paroxysms of penitential rebuke-and-replace?

Brzezinski is wonder woman — smart, strong, wealthy — and engaged to marry her best friend. I seriously doubt she has been wounded by Trump’s pathetic second-grader taunts. But I get it. The most one can hope for these days is that enough Republican men can be shamed into defending Brzezinski, a woman many of them know personally — and who has thumbs-down power over potential guests on the show everybody in Washington watches.

Whatever works.
Those poor baby journalists! They love to dish it out but sure can't take it!

#1500739 --- 07/01/17 06:07 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
They can take it. But imagine the horrible horrible example the present of the United States is setting for the children of America.

#1500740 --- 07/01/17 06:15 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

If President Donald Trump or members of his administration told MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough that a National Enquirer hit piece would be published unless they provided the president with better coverage, that would be a crime, a Harvard law professor said.

#1500741 --- 07/01/17 06:17 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

A high-profile and powerful man takes to social media -- where he has tens of millions of followers -- to allege a prominent woman was "bleeding badly" after a plastic surgery operation.

If that high-profile man was the CEO of a major company, he would, at minimum, be forced to apologize, and, at most, be fired. If that high-profile man was an actor, he'd likely be blackballed by Hollywood for future roles.

Then why, when that person is the President of the United States, should we treat that sort of behavior any differently?
Donald Trump, from almost the moment he became a candidate for President two years ago, has set about making the outrageous ordinary. Attack John McCain for being captured and held for six years as a prisoner of war? Check! Reference the size of his genitals in a debate? Check! Make lewd comments -- on tape -- about how a prominent man can expect to be treated by women? Check!

There's a natural human tendency when faced with a series of behaviors considered outrageous or unacceptable to begin to slough them off. To normalize them. That's just Trump being Trump! He says stuff!

But, this is the President of the United States we are talking about. Someone who, whether he likes it or not, is a role model. Someone who has a profound influence on how not only we adults treat each other but how our children view the acceptable bounds of how to act toward one another.

#1500746 --- 07/01/17 06:55 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Thursday said that President Trump has never promoted violence.

The comment came during a press briefing where Sanders repeatedly defended the president’s tweet attacking MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzenzinski.

"The president in no way form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence.

http://www.thehypertexts.com/Donald%20Trump%20Violence%20Quotes.htm

Does Donald Trump have Grandiose Personality Disorder (GPD)? "Grandiose narcissists…know they are superior and will seek revenge or go into a vicious rage against those who don’t treat them with respect or dare to give them negative feedback. They may openly have multiple relationships/affairs and pride themselves on how many people see how wonderful they are. They can be very aggressive and dominance-seeking without empathy or remorse." According to Harvard professor and researcher Howard Gardner, Donald Trump is a "textbook" narcissist. In fact, he fits the profile so well that clinical psychologist George Simon told Vanity Fair, "He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops." According to the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is "a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others."

#1500747 --- 07/01/17 10:25 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
smile

Edited by cwjga (07/01/17 10:26 AM)

#1500748 --- 07/01/17 01:21 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
smile
You have no answer for the several rebuttals I did here to gassy I guess? Trump is pathetic and beyond disgusting. I hope there is a 50-50 chance America survives his lunacy.

#1500778 --- 07/02/17 03:25 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: cwjga
smile
You have no answer for the several rebuttals I did here to gassy I guess? Trump is pathetic and beyond disgusting. I hope there is a 50-50 chance America survives his lunacy.
America will be much better off! Cut the handouts to Americans & other countries! Get rid of the illegals! Put America and Americans first again!

#1500785 --- 07/02/17 09:49 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

A high-profile and powerful man takes to social media -- where he has tens of millions of followers -- to allege a prominent woman was "bleeding badly" after a plastic surgery operation.

If that high-profile man was the CEO of a major company, he would, at minimum, be forced to apologize, and, at most, be fired. If that high-profile man was an actor, he'd likely be blackballed by Hollywood for future roles.

Then why, when that person is the President of the United States, should we treat that sort of behavior any differently?
Donald Trump, from almost the moment he became a candidate for President two years ago, has set about making the outrageous ordinary. Attack John McCain for being captured and held for six years as a prisoner of war? Check! Reference the size of his genitals in a debate? Check! Make lewd comments -- on tape -- about how a prominent man can expect to be treated by women? Check!

There's a natural human tendency when faced with a series of behaviors considered outrageous or unacceptable to begin to slough them off. To normalize them. That's just Trump being Trump! He says stuff!

But, this is the President of the United States we are talking about. Someone who, whether he likes it or not, is a role model. Someone who has a profound influence on how not only we adults treat each other but how our children view the acceptable bounds of how to act toward one another.
It is hard to imagine the harm that is happening to the children of America who are watching this play out.

Think we’re in for a disastrous four years if Donald Trump is elected president?

You’re being optimistic. Given what some of our children are learning from him, it may take an entire generation to recover from the hateful rhetoric he has aimed at immigrants, Muslims and Blacks Lives Matter protesters.

Trump’s vitriol is making it off the campaign trail and into the lingua franca of children at an alarming rate. Just watch coverage from Trump rallies to hear the next phrases kids will be slinging at school.

“Build the wall!” That was the chant at a high school basketball game in Indiana last week, directed by kids from a majority-white school who held up Trump signs and yelled at the opposing players and fans, who were from a predominantly Latino school.

Get ’em out!” is what Trump screams at rallies when he sees Black Lives Matter and other protesters, even silent ones. This is not far off from what some third-graders allegedly said to two brown-skinned classmates in their Northern Virginia classroom.

You think kids aren’t going to play this out in the schoolyard?

Even if they’re not taking their phrases directly from Trump’s playbook, his orchestrated free-for-all has unleashed a growing atmosphere of hate.

I don’t know whether Trump was the inspiration for the kids on an all-white Annapolis-area hockey team who singled out the black players on my son’s team, calling them the N-word and harassing them throughout the game. But they heard those words somewhere. They learned that cruelty somewhere. And I don’t think it’s a stretch to blame their behavior on the nation’s growing tolerance of open displays of bigotry.

And I don’t know that the kids at the University of Southern California who threw eggs and hurled racial epithets at a student from Hong Kong over the weekend were acting directly on Trump’s orders. But there’s an anything-goes recklessness in the air that is certainly emboldening them.

Page 29 of 83 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 82 83 >