FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 25 of 83 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 82 83 >
Topic Options
#1500311 --- 06/21/17 11:18 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
OMG. I don't think you believe this because I don't think you even understand what they are talking about.

FingerLakes1.com
#1500315 --- 06/22/17 12:12 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: GreatAwakening
Originally Posted By: kyle585
OMG. I don't think you believe this because I don't think you even understand what they are talking about.

Sure I do, but you don't understand, Ms. Clinton lost the election, and isn't President! grin

#1500336 --- 06/22/17 07:05 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/22/trump-doesnt-want-to-be-president-215292

Trump Doesn’t Want to Be President

He wants to be communications director.

#1500342 --- 06/23/17 12:20 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...lumn/416328001/

Another huge win in Georgia. Republicans keep winning. The so-called resistance can't even get out of its own way and come close to the success the Tea Party has had.

#1500343 --- 06/23/17 07:40 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: The Mechanic]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-low-temer-628368

It has not exactly been a great week for Trump in the polls, however. On Tuesday, he reached a new low in a CBS News survey, at 36 percent, with 57 percent disapproving of his job performance. Over the weekend, Trump celebrated finally climbing back up to 50 percent with the right-leaning Rasmussen Reports. But on Thursday that number had fallen back to 46 percent, with 54 percent disapproving.

According to Gallup’s tracking poll, only one other elected president—Bill Clinton—has had an approval rating lower than 50 percent at this stage of a first year in office since records began with Dwight Eisenhower.

Perhaps most worrying for Trump is that support has begun to dwindle among his Republican base, with an 11 percent drop since April.

#1500480 --- 06/27/17 02:04 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

It has not exactly been a great week for Trump in the polls, however. On Tuesday, he reached a new low in a CBS News survey, at 36 percent, with 57 percent disapproving of his job performance. Over the weekend, Trump celebrated finally climbing back up to 50 percent with the right-leaning Rasmussen Reports. But on Thursday that number had fallen back to 46 percent, with 54 percent disapproving.

According to Gallup’s tracking poll, only one other elected president—Bill Clinton—has had an approval rating lower than 50 percent at this stage of a first year in office since records began with Dwight Eisenhower.

Perhaps most worrying for Trump is that support has begun to dwindle among his Republican base, with an 11 percent drop since April.
Polls don't mean crap! They had Hilary winning by double digits! Glad they were wrong though!

#1500490 --- 06/27/17 07:40 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

Polls don't mean crap! They had Hilary winning by double digits! Glad they were wrong though!
baloney. They had her winning by about 3 points, within the margin of error.

#1500503 --- 06/27/17 01:58 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Doesn't matter what the polls showed Ms. Clinton lost, and the country's better off she lost.

#1500505 --- 06/27/17 02:12 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

IDK Kyle! That's not what your favorite Huffington Post said Kyle! LOL!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/polls-hillary-clinton-win_us_5821074ce4b0e80b02cc2a94

Edited by gassy one (06/27/17 02:13 PM)

#1500511 --- 06/27/17 04:51 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThoasDecker
Doesn't matter what the polls showed Ms. Clinton lost, and the country's better off she lost.
I remember what one TV commentator said during the campaign. Hillary might be the worst president ever but Trump may be the last as he destroys our democracy. I am still very concerned about that as are many other people.

#1500512 --- 06/27/17 04:52 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Congratulations. I think this is the first time I ever seen you do a cut and paste!

#1500520 --- 06/27/17 05:41 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: ThoasDecker
I remember what one TV commentator said during the campaign. Hillary might be the worst president ever but Trump may be the last as he destroys our democracy. I am still very concerned about that as are many other people.

Quote:
Hillary might be the worst president ever

Ms. Clinton, could have replaced Mr. Obama for that dishonor, but you'll never know...

Quote:
but Trump may be the last as he destroys our democracy.

Okay, I'll bite.

How's President Trump destroying our democracy?

Kyle, please give examples of events, and or policies that are destroying our democracy

#1500521 --- 06/27/17 05:49 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Okay, I'll bite.

Kyle, please give examples of events, and or policies that are destroying our democracy
OMG. The examples are endless. Calling dictator Putin a great leader is maybe the biggest one. Calling the press the enemy of the people is another good one. Destroying the press is one of the first things dictators do when they take over.

http://fortune.com/2017/04/05/donald-trump-middle-east-dictator-syria-egypt-president-sisi/

5 Signs President Trump Leads Like a Middle East Dictator

When Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi met with U.S. President Donald Trump in Washington on Monday, I couldn’t help thinking about how Trump’s presidency increasingly resembles a Middle East autocracy. That was further reinforced when Trump said of Sisi, “We agree on so many things.”

#1500522 --- 06/27/17 05:52 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://medium.com/defiant/donald-trump-is-becoming-an-american-dictator-8a65f36afe14

by ANDREW DOBBS

U.S. president Donald Trump intends to be a dictator. By this I mean that he wishes to individually dictate law and individually control the levers of the state through a mixture of legal and extralegal mechanisms with no effective external restraint. The actions he is taking are all in pursuit of this goal, and he is already well on his way.

Trump infamously promised in his convention speech that he alone could fix the country’s problems, and that’s how he intends to govern&#8202;—&#8202;alone.

There are a finite number of institutions that can stand in the way of a president. Up to this point, most presidents haven’t wanted to be dictators, and so they have respected these institutions enough to capitulate when the rules of the game indicated that they, the presidents, had lost to them.

But Trump is the kid that trashes the Monopoly board when he’s losing. One of the most important lessons we have learned so far is that many of the things we assume presidents will do are just convention and good form&#8202;—&#8202;they aren’t actually required.

#1500523 --- 06/27/17 05:53 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/opinion/readers/2017/02/10/letter-trump-acting-like-dictator/97699928/

Am I the only person in this state to see Donald Trump as a dictator? It’s no secret to me that he has single-handedly started to run our government. The things he had said and done scare me to death, but they don't seem to bother my conservative friends. The Republican stooges we call elected representatives are licking his boots. They don’t seem to care if his buddy is Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom he defends tooth and nail. It seems like every day we see this excuse for our president doing something to create tension. Maybe Putin is giving him orders and blackmailing him.

#1500524 --- 06/27/17 05:56 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-comey-fbi-firing-becoming-a-dictator-a7728031.html

If this seemed a tad hysterical before, it shouldn’t have; Trump has shown an authoritarian streak since he announced his bid for the White House. But with his sacking of FBI Director James Comey, who was leading an investigation into ties between his campaign and the Russian government, Donald Trump has taken his biggest step yet towards becoming the first American dictator.

Since taking office, Trump has been sprinting towards his dictatorial destiny. He had undermined the judiciary by threatening to break up the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals after “so-called” judges struck down his unconstitutional and immoral ban on immigration from several Muslim-majority countries. He has dispatched his cronies Kellyanne Conway to espouse “alternative facts” and Stephen Miller to warn the country that “the powers of the president… will not be questioned.” He has vilified the press for not toeing his party line. He banned journalists from covering his campaign and later the White House.

#1500525 --- 06/27/17 05:58 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/late-night-reacts-james-comeys-firing-colbert-noah-kimmel/

Stunned late-night hosts agree: Donald Trump acting like ‘dictator’

#1500527 --- 06/27/17 06:01 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/Letters-to-the-Editor/2017/02/03/All-hail-Dictator-Trump.html

he Republicans have control of both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate. This man is acting like an out-of-control dictator. You appoint a white supremacist on foreign affairs. Then you sign an order banning Muslims. Trump’s actions resemble those of Hitler rather than an American president. Then again, he had to honor his obligations to his Breitbart supporters, as horrible and despicable as they may be.

Yet you see outrage only from a handful of Republicans. I guess with an election coming up, none want to be seen as anti-Trump. This man only talks to news agencies that are pro-Trump. He is now promoting Fox News, which is no surprise. He seems to hide himself behind his outrageous rhetoric that the other news agencies are liars and don’t report on him fairly. Again, I say this man is acting like a dictator. I guess he doesn’t want the facts and truth told.

Could it be that this president doesn’t want to answer the tough questions as to why he hasn’t given up his interest in his businesses? Why hasn’t he released his tax returns so Americans can determine whether he has financial interests tied to Russia? And why is he banning only a specific religion from this country?

This president seems exceptionally friendly to Vladimir Putin, whose human rights policies are nothing short of deplorable. It leads one to believe that this president is in Putin’s pocket. Only this can explain his bizarre behavior toward a foreign dictator.

Right-wing radio hosts and some Republicans in office accused President Obama of bowing to foreign governments and being weak. Where are the Limbaughs, Hannitys and Savages now on Trump’s love affair with Putin?

They are OK with it. Birds of a feather flock together. They are too busy kissing Trump’s ring and, of course, justifying an American president catering to a foreign dictator. I guess Trump wants to emulate this dictator.

Dallas Ford

#1500528 --- 06/27/17 06:03 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Okay, I'll bite.

I could give you a 100 more examples if I thought it would do any good.

#1500530 --- 06/27/17 06:11 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Kyle, you're scamming everyone here, you aren't a "liberal", you're Republican with a sick sense of humor.

Page 25 of 83 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 82 83 >