FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1500424 --- 06/25/17 09:51 PM Streets in PY
gassy one Offline

I wonder what the summer visitors think when they try to drive down Seneca St. or Maiden Ln. or Kimball Ave.?

FingerLakes1.com
#1500441 --- 06/26/17 11:50 AM Re: Streets in PY [Re: gassy one]
French Pastry Offline

I have been wondering that for years now! One has to hope the village has that on their docket for this summer! Some of our streets are an embarrassment.

#1501757 --- 07/17/17 05:51 PM Re: Streets in PY [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
No doubt about it, there are a lot of rough streets. Its a big cost item to redo the streets. Seems that way in a lot of towns in upstate NY. Maybe the Village should re-visit incorporating into a city again. They could then throw a small bed tax on the three hotels in town for some revenue. Its amazing the County can have a bed tax but the Village that provides all the services to the hotels is not allowed to by law.

#1502589 --- 07/29/17 11:02 PM Re: Streets in PY [Re: Mean Gene]
dj205 Offline

Loc: in my mind
It amazes me that the most loved of meat, Morgans, has the worst road to travel to. WTH?

#1502595 --- 07/30/17 07:31 AM Re: Streets in PY [Re: dj205]
French Pastry Offline

dj205, I couldn't agree with you more!! We have people coming here from other cities and towns to get Morgan's meats and they have to endure pathetic streets when they get here!!

#1502731 --- 08/02/17 01:24 PM Re: Streets in PY [Re: gassy one]
Ringold Offline

Loc: Here and Now
Does anyone know if the village board or the dpw that gets to take paid 30-40 minute breakfast breaks at the wagner, morgans or elsewhere on the taxpayers dime even have a long range plan for fixing up these awful streets in the village?

If they do and they paved Pleasant ave. before more heavily travelled, not to mention more inhabited streets like Hamilton, Seneca, Sheppard, Ogden et al, then they have their priorities upside down and they need an overhaul from top down.

Get with it MAYOR, BOARD, DPW and quit wasting village tax dollars on paid breakfast breaks to which they also have to drive to and from wherever in the village they are working. A short 15-20 minute coffee break like the rest of the world gets is one thing but paid breakfast time? really, where else in the real world does that happen? Only at the good ole boys py dpw club, all endorsed and approved by the MAYOR, ENTIRE BOARD and DPW director and their public works chairman!

add it up folks -- 4 men at a conservative $23/hr. with bennies = $92/hr x 40 minutes (incl. drive time to & fro) x 5 days a week x 52 weeks a year = $16,026 per year!! you can probably double or even triple that amount when you add in the water and electric guys. What a huge waste of tax dollars. How can the mayor, board, public works chair and dpw director allow that to happen? how can WE let that happen?

this isn't about the guys/gals doing the actual work - They do good work with what they're given to work with and it's not their fault, it's about the mayor, the entire board and the leadership being asleep at the wheel and not minding the cash register that they are charged with minding

#1502732 --- 08/02/17 02:06 PM Re: Streets in PY [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I won't complain about their "breakfast break", I am guessing their supervisor knows whether they put their eight hours a day in.

I did see they paved Pleasent ave, they also did Mckinley ave & Geneva st. which were in terrible shape. They probably picked the streets to do that fit in their budget. Paving is expensive and they have limited funding to do it.

A lot of the streets in PY are in need of paving, I think its the same in many of the small towns in upstate NY.

#1502742 --- 08/02/17 05:03 PM Re: Streets in PY [Re: Mean Gene]
Ringold Offline

Loc: Here and Now
still doesn't make it right, and you, better than most know right from wrong,

yes they have limits on money so there's that too

Edited by Ringold (08/02/17 05:07 PM)