FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#1501144 --- 07/09/17 10:29 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: gassy one
Worst economic downturn caused by by Democratic trade deals that sunk the economy!
It started with President Bush and ended 5 months after Obama took office.

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=mw&...reat+depression

According to the US National Bureau of Economic Research (the official arbiter of US recessions) the recession, as experienced in that country, began in December 2007 and ended in June 2009, thus extending over 19 months.

Look at Obama's stupid trade deals such as TPP!

FingerLakes1.com
#1501161 --- 07/10/17 04:17 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Worst economic downturn caused by by Democratic trade deals that sunk the economy!

According to the US National Bureau of Economic Research (the official arbiter of US recessions) the recession, as experienced in that country, began in December 2007 and ended in June 2009, thus extending over 19 months.

Can you even read? I just posted here showing how Obama pulled us out of the worst recession since the great depression. And you ignore the facts because your mind is made up.

#1501186 --- 07/10/17 11:08 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Can you even read? I just posted here showing how Obama pulled us out of the worst recession since the great depression. And you ignore the facts because your mind is made up.
That's crap! It was already improving when Obama took office. Obama tried to put us back in though with his stupid trade deals costing Americans many jobs!

#1501191 --- 07/10/17 11:16 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

That's crap! It was already improving when Obama took office.
Really? You got a source for that or is it something you just made up off the top of your head?

#1501228 --- 07/10/17 12:13 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Really? You got a source for that or is it something you just made up off the top of your head?
I'm sure you will come up with a cut & paste! You have more time than I do!

#1501229 --- 07/10/17 12:40 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY

So now he gives Bush credit for a recovery.

#1501235 --- 07/10/17 01:33 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I am surprised to see you on here today. Do you get the day off? grin

#1501236 --- 07/10/17 01:35 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I just did a cut and paste on it! Can't you read?

The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) dates the beginning of the recession as December 2007. According to the Department of Labor, roughly 8.7 million jobs were shed from February 2008 to February 2010, and GDP contracted by 5.1%, making the Great Recession the worst since the Great Depression.

#1501258 --- 07/10/17 10:15 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

I just did a cut and paste on it! Can't you read?

The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) dates the beginning of the recession as December 2007. According to the Department of Labor, roughly 8.7 million jobs were shed from February 2008 to February 2010, and GDP contracted by 5.1%, making the Great Recession the worst since the Great Depression.
Thanks to Clinton signing NAFTA! I believe the last of the tariffs on Mexico were removed about then!

#1501263 --- 07/10/17 11:35 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Thanks to Clinton signing NAFTA! I believe the last of the tariffs on Mexico were removed about then!
You believe based on what? You refuse to cite a source. Are bars on Fall St. your only source?

#1501272 --- 07/11/17 07:37 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

You believe based on what? You refuse to cite a source. Are bars on Fall St. your only source?
It's called knowledge which you lack Kyle! I don't need to cut & paste like you!

#1501281 --- 07/11/17 08:34 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

It's called knowledge which you lack Kyle! I don't need to cut & paste like you!
And where do you get this knowledge? Were your born with it? Or did you learn it in third grade?

#1501320 --- 07/11/17 08:36 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

And where do you get this knowledge? Were your born with it? Or did you learn it in third grade?
It's called common sense which you lack Kyle! If you get out in the real world you learn a lot! If you set home and live off the government you don't learn anything and have to cut & paste to learn anything!

#1501336 --- 07/12/17 02:47 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

It's called common sense which you lack Kyle! If you get out in the real world you learn a lot!
By the real world you mean the bars on Fall St?

#1501341 --- 07/12/17 04:22 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

It's called common sense which ou lack If you get out in the real world you learn a lot! If you set home and live off the government you don't learn anything and have to cut & paste to learn anything!
I have told you I don't live off the government. Far from it. But there is obviously no way of convincing you of that. I go out in the real world and talk to a lot of different types of people. I talk to people like you who think they know everything simply by getting the opinions of other people. I have linked to dozens if not hundreds of news sources on here that give you more information than you ever learn on the street corner. But I guess none of it has any effect on you. Sad.

#1501343 --- 07/12/17 04:23 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/analysis-donald-trump-jrs-emails-change-game-russia/story?id=48575822

It’s as if the entire Russia investigation –- months of leaks and innuendo, new tidbits, false leads, multiple investigations and overlapping scandals –- was distilled into one damning email chain.

The emails posted on Twitter by Donald Trump, Jr. connect so many dots, so crisply and so concisely, that words that have only been hinted at –- “collusion” and even "treason" -- are suddenly in wide circulation in Washington.

The documents figure to turbo-charge the investigations on Capitol Hill and the special counsel’s office, with a raft of new questions for members of President Trump’s family and innermost circle.

Offered Russian aid to 'incriminate Hillary,' Donald Trump Jr. wrote 'I love it'

What we know about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer during the campaign

Some of the president’s more dependable allies are expressing discomfort with the revelations. Even Vice President Mike Pence’s office issued a statement, which noted that the meeting described in the emails took place during "the time before he joined the ticket."

What makes this revelation a potential game-changer is the explicit nature of the exchange and how it seems to confirm conversations that were, until now, just suspicions. In the emails, a friend of Trump, Jr.’s approached him last summer with the promise of "some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her deals with Russia and would be very useful to your father."

The friend, Rob Goldstone, went even further: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump."

Trump Jr.’s response: "if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

Another email from Goldstone said the meeting will be with a "Russian government attorney." Trump Jr. said the meeting will also include his brother-in-law, Jared Kushner, and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort –- both of whom he copied on the email chain. The subject line: "Russia –- Clinton -– private and confidential."

The meeting with the Russian lawyer took place the following day, inside Trump Tower -– just a floor away from where the candidate himself was working. The White House reiterated its position that the president only learned of the meeting a few days ago, with a terse statement of support read from the briefing room on the president’s behalf.

"My son is a high-quality person and I applaud his transparency," he said in that statement.

That transparency, of course, only came after a string of media reporting forced the information out. And it’s a major issue, in part, because the information itself is too transparent, with little room for other interpretations.

"This is the most problematic thing I’ve seen thus far," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told ABC News.

"If you look at Donald Trump Jr.'s own admissions," said Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., "this was an attempt at collusion."

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders called it "ridiculous" for lawmakers to be talking about collusion and treason. Speaking with reporters after the emails emerged publicly, she said she was standing by previous statements that Trump Jr. "did not collude with anybody to influence the election."

But just going off the emails made public today, the president’s son knew that the Russian government was trying to disseminate information that would help his father’s campaign. He was, at the very least, willing to accept that help –- and arranged a meeting involving his brother-in-law and the man who was heading the campaign at the time.

Amid shifting explanations and even shifting policy on Russia -– all creating a suspicious backdrop -– Trump now has his own family members to blame for the major escalation of a scandal he wants desperately to be done with.

#1501349 --- 07/12/17 08:43 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: free at last

#1501351 --- 07/12/17 09:03 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/trump-jr-russia-politics/index.html

Donald Trump Jr.'s emails undermine what the White House has been saying

#1501355 --- 07/12/17 09:11 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Head's up Harley. It's Daesh -- not ISIS. Recognizing them as such only lends legitimacy to the shreads their deranged "creds".

Btw. When it come to your racist, so-called "Christian Militia" brotherhood -- no such illusions exist.

#1501396 --- 07/12/17 04:59 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/opinions/trump-jr-russia-opinion-ghitis/index.html

Donald Trump Jr.'s decision to take a meeting with a Russian lawyer who had alleged ties to the Kremlin may be the most baffling move by a high-level political operative in recent memory. Second only to his apparent thinking that such a meeting would be a good decision.

The emails show -- and, by releasing them, Trump Jr. acknowledges -- that he agreed to meet someone he was told was a "Russia government attorney," and someone who was alleged to have "very high level and sensitive information" to incriminate Hillary Clinton.

In short, the emails suggest he was prepared to meet with a potential agent of a hostile foreign government. And because he was joined by key campaign players Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, we know this was no casual meeting.

Why would Trump Jr. make these communications public? It seems that he was trying to beat the New York Times to the punch line, releasing the emails in the name of transparency -- a decision his father later praised.

Regardless, the President's son has shown astonishingly poor judgment. The email chain only makes this whole incident look more troubling. Earlier, Trump Jr. explained that he had met with the Russian lawyer Natalya Veselnitskaya to discuss adoptions. Then he claimed he didn't know who he was meeting, adding that the she didn't offer dirt on Clinton -- as if that somehow made the meeting acceptable.

Whether or not this might amount to treason, as Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Virginia, suggested, or whether it represents collusion, coordination, obstruction or any violation of the law are not the main issues. Instead, what should trouble the American people most is whether this incident will lead investigators to evidence that Trump acquiesced to and accepted help from Russia, based on the Kremlin's interference in the heart of America's democracy, its presidential elections. And if there is something beyond that.

One of the most curious aspects of Trump's political campaign and his presidency has been his interest in reversing policy on Russia. That became strikingly evident just one month after the meeting with Veselnitskaya, when Republican delegates met to draft the platform for the party's convention.

Trump's dealings with Russia are a never-ending stream of controversy. He met in the Oval Office with the Russian foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, giving them highly classified information. As President, Trump has the authority to declassify any material he wishes to, but the move -- revealing information provided by an ally without the ally's permission -- was shocking. Critics called it "reckless" and "dangerous."

Trump has gone out on a thin limb, risking charges of obstruction of justice to protect Mike Flynn, who lost his White House job after lying about contacts with Russians. Half a dozen campaign aides failed to disclose contacts with Russia. And Attorney General Jeff Sessions initially denied, under oath, meeting with the Russians. He reversed course when journalists uncovered evidence of his meeting with the Russian ambassador and then claimed the two had not discussed the campaign.

Trump is eager to move forward on cooperation with Russia, as we saw after his meeting with Putin in Hamburg, but the cloud hanging over his administration has so far prevented policy reversals. The fallout right now would be too great.

We now know that Russia did work to help Trump get elected. US intelligence agencies have "high confidence" in that, and the emails suggest it. We can also see that Trump is, in fact, trying to recast US policy in some areas beneficial to Putin. It happened during the Republican platform drafting, and it has continued during his presidency.

What we don't know, and the key to how this will unfold, is whether the latter is a consequence of the former. But if Trump Jr. continues trying to defend himself so ineptly, we may soon get the answers from him.

Edited by kyle585 (07/12/17 05:05 PM)

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >