FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#1511630 --- 12/29/17 07:18 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...st-nasa-is-next

According to 2016 election exit polls, only 38% of voters considered Donald Trump qualified to be president. 17% of those who thought him unqualified voted for Trump anyway, perhaps because he promised that as a wealthy businessman, he would be able to hire the best people to advise him.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/whi...kushpmg00000009

Trump White House’s Revolving Door Of Staff Changes Expected To Continue In The New Year

The Trump administration’s high staff turnover has been unusual for modern presidencies.

retired House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), to better manage the White House’s political outreach, Axios and The Washington Post reported Thursday. Few Trump officials have deep experience and ties to Capitol Hill.

Kelly has sought to create order among Trump’s coterie of advisers since taking over for his predecessor, Reince Priebus — one of numerous senior White House officials to leave their positions this year under various circumstances.

The latest to leave was adviser and former “The Apprentice” contestant Omarosa Manigault Newman, who disputed the conditions of her departure. Newman said that she resigned after “a candid conversation” with Kelly. Other sources said that Kelly fired her.

The White House did not return a request for comment. Before Christmas, senior administration officials told reporters that it was typical to expect staff departures and changes as Trump approaches the first-year mark of his presidency. They dismissed the frequent resignations and firings, praising Trump and Kelly for having a “well-managed” administration.

Yet Trump’s revolving door of officials and advisers has been unusual for modern presidencies, according to analysis of White House staff turnover from Brookings Institution fellow Kathryn Dunn Tenpas. In the first year of Trump’s presidency, about 34 percent of senior officials have resigned, been fired or reassigned to other roles, she told the Wall Street Journal.

The next highest staff turnover rate in recent administrations was 17 percent, after former President Ronald Reagan’s first year in office in 1981, according to her analysis.

FingerLakes1.com
#1511685 --- 12/30/17 07:27 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

This is pathetic. do they really think people are this stupid? Or are they?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-approval-poll-offers-no-negative-options/

The joint fundraising committee of President Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee released a three-question "Inaugural Year Approval Poll" that offers readers no option to give a negative assessment of the president's first year in office. The only options for "how would you rate President Trump's first year in office" are "great," "good," "okay" and "other."

A CBS News poll released earlier this month found Mr. Trump had a 36 percent approval rating.

According to a Gallup poll released earlier this week, Obama is the "most admired" man in America, a title he's held for the past 10 years. Of those polled, 17 percent said the former president was their top pick for the most admired person.

#1511691 --- 12/31/17 05:03 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://comicsands.com/politics/andy-ric...160a780a1ef54df

Andy Richter, comedian, and Conan O’Brien bestie, shared an excerpt from Donald Trump’s latest New York Times interview during which he incessantly denied collusion with Russia.

Richter sarcastically tweeted, “This is just how innocent people talk.

Andy Richter, comedian, and Conan O’Brien bestie, shared an excerpt from Donald Trump’s latest New York Times interview during which he incessantly denied collusion with Russia.

Richter sarcastically tweeted, “This is just how innocent people talk.”

During the interview, Trump emphatically said the phrase “No collusion” 16 times and said the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign puts “the country in a very bad position.”

Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion. And even these committees that have been set up. If you look at what’s going on — and in fact, what it’s done is, it’s really angered the base and made the base stronger. My base is stronger than it’s ever been. Great congressmen, in particular, some of the congressmen have been unbelievable in pointing out what a witch hunt the whole thing is. So, I think it’s been proven that there is no collusion.

Richter sarcastically tweeted, “This is just how innocent people talk.”

During the interview, Trump emphatically said the phrase “No collusion” 16 times and said the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign puts “the country in a very bad position.”

Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion. And even these committees that have been set up. If you look at what’s going on — and in fact, what it’s done is, it’s really angered the base and made the base stronger. My base is stronger than it’s ever been. Great congressmen, in particular, some of the congressmen have been unbelievable in pointing out what a witch hunt the whole thing is. So, I think it’s been proven that there is no collusion.

Say What Breaking Bad GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Trump was just getting started by beating interviewer Michael S. Schmidt over the head with his repetitive catchphrase. When Schmidt asked what Trump’s expectations were regarding Robert Mueller, the interviewer was cut off. “I have no expectation,” Trump said.

I can only tell you that there is absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. And you know who knows it better than anybody? The Democrats. They walk around blinking at each other.

Trump believes he will be treated fairly in the case looking into the Russia collusion that he vehemently denies.
Schmidt pressed the subject of Mueller, asking when the Special Counsel would be done with Trump and whether the uncertainty bothered him.

No, it doesn’t bother me because I hope that he’s going to be fair. I think that he’s going to be fair. And based on that [inaudible]. There’s been no collusion.

But I think he’s going to be fair. And if he’s fair — because everybody knows the answer already, Michael. I want you to treat me fairly. O.K.?

Richter has been quite vocal about his opposition to Trump and has taken jabs at him on several occasions. He compared Trump to a genocidal dictator when Washington Post political journalist Chris Cillizza asked, “I ask again though: Why can’t Trump be praised for delivering a good speech full stop?”

Eugene Mirman
&#10004;
@EugeneMirman

This actually sounds like someone taking a 9th grade English test about the word collusion and trying to prove they know what it means by using it over and over.
11:24 AM - Dec 29, 2017

MyTweetsKillFascists @Humancipator35

The best evidence yet that we have a Toddler President:

"Nu-uh-, ma.. it was.. lemme 'splain, momma. I did NOT do the collusion. i know people who say so. Big Bird, my GI Joe's, even the puppy says I didn't do it. But you know who did, momma... Hillary & Obama. THEY did it!"
smh pic.twitter.com/YZZLiSr9AR

Schooley
&#10004;
@Rschooley

You'd think acting guilty as sin every waking hour would have to be factored in to press assessments of him but it seems like fear of being called biased prevents them from noting the obvious.

Andy Richter
&#10004;
@AndyRichter

They still want so desperately for everything to be polite. For decorum to rule. The press has become Menendez relatives

Woody Tobias Jr @woody_tobias
Replying to @Rschooley @AndyRichter

To be fair, some of them simply don't want to believe what they're seeing. They're scared. I can understand that.

Andy Richter
&#10004;
@AndyRichter

It's been a year. It's like characters in a zombie movie; you see one eating brains in the street it's time to get over yourself and admit zombies are real.
12:15 PM - Dec 29, 2017

#1511702 --- 12/31/17 01:30 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

God. This is so scary. How can you not believe these two? Isn't Trump aware of these comments by these two? Does he not know that he is being handled? Is he that stupid?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/31/politics/b...ssia/index.html

Veteran journalist Carl Bernstein said Sunday that President Donald Trump's lawyers are telling him what he wants to hear about the probe ending soon to prevent Trump from firing Mueller.

"There are many times he has expressed, I'm told by people in the White House, the desire to fire Mueller, the desire to pardon people under investigation including his family," Bernstein, a CNN contributor, told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union." "His lawyers are telling him what he wants to hear -- that's what I'm told -- by lawyers in the White House, they're telling him what he wants to hear to keep him from acting precipitously and to go off and fire Mueller in a rage, or fire (Deputy Attorney General) Rod Rosenstein in a rage. They have an out-of-control client."
Bernstein added: "The President of the United States, in their view, is out of control most of the time, in their view, when it comes to this investigation."

Bernstein's partner of Watergate reporting fame, The Washington Posts' Bob Woodward, appeared alongside him on the program, telling Bash he expects Mueller to leave no stone unturned in the investigation.
"Mueller is going to do this job," The Washington Post's Woodward told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union." "I think some of the Trump lawyers are fantasizing when they think it's going to be over quickly. There is no reason the Mueller operation is going to close up; they're going to want to be thorough."

Trump vs Nixon

Woodward and Bernstein drew parallels between the Trump administration and Nixon administration, which they famously covered during their time together at The Washington Post.
They both said Trump's behavior toward the press is similar to Nixon's during his presidency.

"Nixon in Watergate tried to make the conduct of the press the issue instead of the conduct of the President and the men around him," Bernstein said. "Donald Trump has gone even farther; he's tried to undermine the credibility of the press as a national institution, to the detriment of the country, by these broad attacks on the press."

Woodward defended the press but said that some political commentators haven't been fair in their remarks about the President.
"The tone is a big issue here," he said. "And lots of reporting -- particularly in television commentary -- there's a self righteousness and smugness in people kind of ridiculing the President."

#1511709 --- 12/31/17 02:52 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

I really don't understand how anyone can support this lying SOB.

*******************************************************************************************

CNN
&#8207;Verified account @CNN
5h5 hours ago

Carl Bernstein on Trump: “There’s no reason to believe almost anything Donald Trump says because what we know is that the President of the United States and his presidency is characterized above all else by the lying of the President of the United States" http://cnn.it/2Eln6ul

#1511722 --- 01/01/18 09:06 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

What do you think Donald? grin

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/us/new-state-laws-2018-trnd/index.html

August 4 is now Barack Obama Day, a state holiday in Illinois. But it's a commemorative holiday, meaning you won't be getting off work or school.

#1511824 --- 01/02/18 03:31 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Keith Olbermann Retweeted
bradlee
&#127826;
&#8207; @holyfag
Jan 1

bradlee

&#127826; Retweeted Daily Mirror

this is a tragedy. my thoughts and prayers go out to the famiIy of the elephant

Big game hunter crushed to death by elephant after it collapsed on top of him after being fatally shot http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/theunis-botha-big-game-hunter--10469997

#1511845 --- 01/03/18 08:05 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch...e-1128108611963

1/2/18
Lawrence: New Trump nuclear tweet shows he is 'unfit to serve'

President Trump taunted North Korea about his “nuclear button” on Twitter.
Lawrence O'Donnell says it is proof Trump is “now clearly the most dangerous person who has ever occupied the White House.” Duration: 6:47

#1511930 --- 01/04/18 06:57 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.thedailybeast.com/steve-bann...-stuff?ref=home

Steve Bannon Tells Michael Wolff: Trump Is ‘Not Going to Make It’
The ex-White House strategist says in ‘Fire and Fury’ that he’s setting the stage for ‘when I am president’ and that the current occupant is toast.

Harry Siegel
01.04.18 1:20 AM ET

“He’s not going to make it,” Steve Bannon says of his old boss Donald Trump.

The former campaign manager and then White House chief strategist, now back at Breitbart, gives the president he takes credit for electing (“I came up with a solution for his broke-dick campaign in about a day”) a one-in-three chance of ending up impeached, of resigning, or of limping through one term before walking away.

#1511968 --- 01/05/18 03:47 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Bannon says everyone in the White House thinks of Trump like a child. So this fits right in and makes this so believable.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/someone-spoofed-michael-wolff-apos-080503254.html

A hilarious spoof excerpt purporting to be from Michael Wolff’s new tell-all book about President Donald Trump’s administration has gone viral.

Twitter user @pixelatedboat shared a fake extract, which they joked was from Wolff’s Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, online Thursday night.

The parody paragraphs, below, describe Trump’s (fictitious) frustration at not having “the gorilla channel” available on his White House bedroom television, and his staffers’ subsequent amusing attempt to appease him:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/someone-spoofed-michael-wolff-apos-080503254.html

George Takei&#8207;Verified account @GeorgeTakei

The fact that people thought this was real is quite telling.

#1512019 --- 01/06/18 11:46 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Donald Trump Just Called Himself ‘A Very Stable Genius’
“My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.”

Walter Shaub, who quit as head of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics in July, said the tweets themselves “might be enough to lead the board of any corporation to call an emergency meeting on its CEO’s mental status.”

**********************************************************************************

Brian Klaas
&#10004;
@brianklaas

The President of the United States calling himself a “stable genius” is one for the history books. What a dangerous buffoon. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/949619270631256064
7:34 AM - Jan 6, 2018

Barbra Streisand&#8207;Verified account @BarbraStreisand

Collusion or no collusion, @realDonaldTrump should be impeached for sheer stupidity.
4:51 PM - 29 Dec 2017

NBC News
&#8207;Verified account @NBCNews
4m4 minutes ago

"Did you ask the White House counsel to ask AG Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation?"

President Trump: "Everything that I've done is 100% proper. That's what I do, is I do things proper."

Donald says he must be a fine person.

CBS News
&#8207;Verified account @CBSNews
12m12 minutes ago

A 26-year-old Missouri man with suspected white supremacy ties has been charged with terrorism after allegedly trying to derail an Amtrak train: http://cbsn.ws/2m67djW

NBC News
&#8207;Verified account @NBCNews
16m16 minutes ago

President Trump on Michael Wolff: "I don't know this man, I guess 'Sloppy Steve' brought him into the White House quite a bit."

CNN
21m21 minutes ago

Trump responds to Michael Wolff's book about his campaign and the early days of his presidency: “I consider it a work of fiction. … I never interviewed with him in the White House at all. He was never in the Oval Office. We didn't have an interview.” http://cnn.it/2F6RXeK

Keith Olbermann
&#8207;Verified account @KeithOlbermann
30m30 minutes ago

Keith Olbermann Retweeted Rob Reiner

Plus, people yakety-yak a streak and waste your time of day, but Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

Rob Reiner
&#8207;Verified account @robreiner
3h3 hours ago

The only true stable genius has to be Mr. Ed., who talks in more complex sentences than the current occupier of the Whitehouse.
674 replies 3,783 retweets 15,391 likes

#1512196 --- 01/08/18 03:18 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Online   content
Silver Member

Loc: NY

#1512200 --- 01/08/18 03:43 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

While attempting to discredit Michael Wolff’s controversial new book about the Trump administration, former aide Sebastian Gorka unwittingly confirmed that White House staff were told to cooperate with Wolff. The Trump White House’s pushback against Fire and Fury has largely centered around the president’s claim that he did not give Wolff unlimited access and approval to hang around the West Wing and gather stories. But in a column for The Hill, Gorka revealed that he’d been asked to comply with the author: “When I met Michael Wolff in Reince Priebus’ office, where he was waiting to talk to Steve Bannon, and after I had been told to also speak to him for his book, my attitude was polite but firm: ‘Thanks but no thanks.’”

#1512211 --- 01/08/18 06:44 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/politics/bannon-mercers-trump-document-2015/index.html

Before Donald Trump and Steve Bannon were enemies, they were allies. And not long before that, Bannon was part of an effort to sink Trump's presidential hopes -- even if Trump didn't know it. A conservative watchdog group led by Bannon tried to discredit Trump in the early stages of the 2016 Republican presidential primary by shopping a document alleging that Trump had ties to mobsters, according to conservative sources and a copy of the document reviewed by CNN.

The anti-Trump opposition research was the work of author Peter Schweizer for the Government Accountability Institute, which he cofounded with Bannon in 2012. It described years of alleged business connections between Trump companies and organized crime figures, allegations that have circulated among Trump detractors for years.

#1512540 --- 01/18/18 01:43 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Paul Krugman
&#8207;Verified account @paulkrugman
6h6 hours ago

Everyone who works for Trump ends up destroying their credibility

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/us/po...l?smid=tw-share

WASHINGTON — Cardiologists not associated with the White House said Wednesday that President Trump’s physical exam revealed serious heart concerns, including very high levels of so-called bad cholesterol, which raises the risk that Mr. Trump could have a heart attack while in office.

Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, a rear admiral and the White House physician, said Tuesday in his report on the president’s medical condition that Mr. Trump was in “excellent” cardiac health despite having an LDL cholesterol level of 143, well above the desired level of 100 or less.

Dr. David Maron, the director of preventive cardiology at Stanford University’s medical school, said Wednesday that it was alarming that the president’s LDL levels remain above 140 even though he is taking 10 milligrams of Crestor, a powerful drug that is used to lower cholesterol levels to well below 100.

Dr. Maron said he would “definitely” be worried about Mr. Trump’s risk for having a heart attack if the president were one of his patients. Asked if Mr. Trump is in perfect health, Dr. Maron offered a blunt reply: “God, no.”

Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Institute, said that it is impossible to ignore the dangers of the president’s elevated cholesterol levels when providing an overall assessment of Mr. Trump’s health.

“That’s a really high LDL,” Dr. Topol said. “We’re talking about a 70-plus-year-old man who is obese and doesn’t exercise. Just looking at the lab value, you would raise a big red flag.”

He added: “I would never use the words ‘excellent health.’ How you could take these indices and say excellent health? That is completely contradicted.”

During an appearance on Tuesday in the White House briefing room, Dr. Jackson said he would be prescribing a higher dose of Crestor, the brand name for rosuvastatin, to help lower the president’s LDL levels. All of the cardiologists said that would be essential in trying to control Mr. Trump’s risk of a heart attack, though several said they wondered whether Mr. Trump was regularly taking his medicine as prescribed.

Dr. Daniel Rader, the director of the lipid clinic at the University of Pennsylvania’s medical school, said that taking a daily dose of 10 milligrams of Crestor should reduce LDL levels by at least 30 percent, which means that Trump’s LDL started out over 200, a dangerous level.

“One obvious question is, how long has he been on a statin?” Dr. Rader said. “What was his LDL before he started taking it?”

He noted that a man who recently started taking a statin and who had an LDL over 200 for most of his life is at much higher risk than someone whose LDL was normal until recently and who then started taking a statin.

Dr. Jackson said he is also pressing Mr. Trump — who at 6-foot-3 and 239 pounds is just below the official label of obese — to eat better and abandon his largely sedentary life for one that includes exercise.

#1512986 --- 02/03/18 07:10 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein warned Friday that the Trump administration may be ushering in the darkest days in America since Joe McCarthy.

Bernstein blasted Donald Trump’s White House and Republicans like Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) who helped release a GOP memo on Friday attacking the FBI and Justice Department investigation of Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Bernstein called the memo a “disingenuous partisan document.”

“We may well have not seen such dark days for American democracy and its institutions since the days of Joe McCarthy,” Bernstein told CNN’s Jake Tapper, referring to the notorious communist “witch hunts” orchestrated by the Wisconsin Republican senator in the 1950s. “In the case of McCarthy, it was a senator, not the president of the United States, who was a demagogic authoritarian.”

The GOP memo alleges that the FBI and Justice Department misled the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to obtain a warrant against Page last October. The memo, written by GOP staffers, claims that the court was unaware that a dossier of alleged Trump-Russia connections was gathered by a former British intelligence agent working for a company doing opposition research on Trump for the Democrats.

Bernstein said he believes the memo, which did not contain all of the information that led to the warrant, is a “red herring” intended to derail special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election and possible collusion by the Trump campaign.

Trump should have “enough confidence in our institutions” to let them investigate Russian activity and determine “whether or not the Trump Organization, the president of the United States, his family and aides were involved in some way,” Bernstein said.

“Right now, we have the unprecedented situation of one of the major political parties ... backing the president in showing and believing that he is above the law.”

He later added, “In the whole Cold War, the Russians were not able to do what [Vladimir] Putin has done through Donald Trump — to destabilize the United States and its democratic institutions. It’s stunning. It’s ruinous.”

Bernstein said he hoped the Republicans, who have always had a reputation as being toughest on the Russians, will stop following the president in “lockstep” and “get hold of their senses.”

If they “cannot see how Donald Trump has been manipulated, and how Donald Trump is using this [memo] to avoid legitimate investigation and to poison the institutions of American democracy, then the Republican Party is taking us somewhere where we haven’t been before.”

#1513345 --- 02/20/18 06:32 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

CNN
8h8 hours ago

“I really like this gun. But you know what I like more? Is when people don’t get killed.”

After the Florida school shooting that left 17 dead, this woman decided to cut her gun in half http://cnn.it/2EGPxGO

#1513346 --- 02/20/18 06:34 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Texas doesn't want them? Wow

USA TODAY
&#8207;Verified account @USATODAY
8h8 hours ago

Dallas official to NRA: Take your convention elsewhere

#1513347 --- 02/20/18 06:42 PM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

HuffPost
&#8207;Verified account @HuffPost
3h3 hours ago

Former President Barack Obama led a vigil in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting. President Donald Trump found some time to visit his golf course while funerals for victims of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting were going on just miles away.

#1513593 --- 03/10/18 09:56 AM Re: President Trump Live [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/10/trump-oil-industry-energy-404001

Oil industry falls out of love with Trump

Steel tariffs, jousting over NAFTA and wariness about regulation rollbacks are making oil and gas executives nervous.

By BEN LEFEBVRE and ERIC WOLFF

03/10/2018 06:51 AM EST

Page 17 of 20 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 >