FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1500177 --- 06/18/17 09:02 PM Casella for DA
gassy one Offline

Met Todd a couple of days ago. Seems like a nice guy with a lot of experience. Time to bring in a outsider instead of running the same old people again & again! Somebody with integrity instead of being in the old boys club or hanging out at the bars around town!

FingerLakes1.com
#1500178 --- 06/18/17 10:26 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
An "outsider" he is. Has no history in Yates County that I am aware of. I would hardly call Ms. Gardner a member of the "old boys club".
I think some members of the "old boys club" are still mad at her for winning the D.A. post from their chosen one. If I were a betting man I would say some of them are promoting Casella as a carpetbagger because they still can't let it go.

#1500186 --- 06/19/17 06:00 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Just what we need a honest person with a family and a excellent court record, someone without baggage that will make the citizens of Yates County proud when he becomes our next District Attorney.

#1500187 --- 06/19/17 07:22 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

I guess I called that right, helpme, one of Cook's biggest anti-Conlon and anti-Gardner fans has jumped right in with his support for someone from another county that he does not know. There is little doubt in my mind that Casella has been recruited to run by some vindictive people.

#1500191 --- 06/19/17 08:35 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
I guess I called that right, helpme, one of Cook's biggest anti-Conlon and anti-Gardner fans has jumped right in with his support for someone from another county that he does not know. There is little doubt in my mind that Casella has been recruited to run by some vindictive people.
That's exactly what YC needs Gene! A outsider who has no ties to the community & no favors to pay back! Hopefully a new sheriff will be next on the agenda!

#1500202 --- 06/19/17 10:09 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: gassy one
That's exactly what YC needs Gene! A outsider who has no ties to the community & no favors to pay back!

Anyone who gets nominated by a major political party to run for countywide office probably has at least some ties to the community and definitely some favors to pay back. It's naive to think otherwise.

#1500237 --- 06/19/17 08:35 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Sam, Yates is having a primary for the District attorney position. The current D.A. has been there one term. Yates is overwhelming a republican county. Ms. Gardner, after losing the republican primary by a couple hundred votes managed to win the post running as an independent, knocking the incumbent out four years ago. It is the first time in Yates County history a nominated, endorsed Republican lost a county wide election.
There are some out there who are still unhappy with that and I believe have recruited Mr. Casella, a non Yates resident to run against her. Mr. Casella is currently an ADA in Steuben County. Ms. Gardner owes no one on the Republican committee any favors for sure!!