FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1500177 --- 06/18/17 09:02 PM Casella for DA
gassy one Online   content

Met Todd a couple of days ago. Seems like a nice guy with a lot of experience. Time to bring in a outsider instead of running the same old people again & again! Somebody with integrity instead of being in the old boys club or hanging out at the bars around town!

FingerLakes1.com
#1500178 --- 06/18/17 10:26 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Online   content

Loc: Yates County
An "outsider" he is. Has no history in Yates County that I am aware of. I would hardly call Ms. Gardner a member of the "old boys club".
I think some members of the "old boys club" are still mad at her for winning the D.A. post from their chosen one. If I were a betting man I would say some of them are promoting Casella as a carpetbagger because they still can't let it go.

#1500186 --- 06/19/17 06:00 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Just what we need a honest person with a family and a excellent court record, someone without baggage that will make the citizens of Yates County proud when he becomes our next District Attorney.

#1500187 --- 06/19/17 07:22 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

I guess I called that right, helpme, one of Cook's biggest anti-Conlon and anti-Gardner fans has jumped right in with his support for someone from another county that he does not know. There is little doubt in my mind that Casella has been recruited to run by some vindictive people.

#1500191 --- 06/19/17 08:35 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
I guess I called that right, helpme, one of Cook's biggest anti-Conlon and anti-Gardner fans has jumped right in with his support for someone from another county that he does not know. There is little doubt in my mind that Casella has been recruited to run by some vindictive people.
That's exactly what YC needs Gene! A outsider who has no ties to the community & no favors to pay back! Hopefully a new sheriff will be next on the agenda!

#1500202 --- 06/19/17 10:09 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: gassy one
That's exactly what YC needs Gene! A outsider who has no ties to the community & no favors to pay back!

Anyone who gets nominated by a major political party to run for countywide office probably has at least some ties to the community and definitely some favors to pay back. It's naive to think otherwise.

#1500237 --- 06/19/17 08:35 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

Sam, Yates is having a primary for the District attorney position. The current D.A. has been there one term. Yates is overwhelming a republican county. Ms. Gardner, after losing the republican primary by a couple hundred votes managed to win the post running as an independent, knocking the incumbent out four years ago. It is the first time in Yates County history a nominated, endorsed Republican lost a county wide election.
There are some out there who are still unhappy with that and I believe have recruited Mr. Casella, a non Yates resident to run against her. Mr. Casella is currently an ADA in Steuben County. Ms. Gardner owes no one on the Republican committee any favors for sure!!

#1501129 --- 07/09/17 07:52 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
leeoh Offline

Loc: dundee
He's just what Yates County needs a honest hardworking smart family man who will help the Police protect the public from bad people, maybe that's why all the County's law agencies support him. Gardner had her chance to prove herself but failed big time, one of the many cases that Gardner lost was a accused child molester who went free because she violated his rights. Yates county needs a new honest DA and Matt is that person.

Edited by leeoh (07/09/17 07:53 PM)

#1501446 --- 07/13/17 06:33 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: leeoh]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Who's matt? I thought his name is Todd

#1501452 --- 07/13/17 08:01 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

"You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay, you can call me Johnson any ole day" smile

#1501483 --- 07/13/17 04:36 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Matt is his nickname it's short for Matlock the lawyer on television who has never lost a case, Val's nickname is Marcia short for Marcia Clark the prosecutor who's known for losing the OJ trial.

#1501502 --- 07/14/17 07:50 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]

An "outsider" he is. Has no history in Yates County that I am aware of. I would hardly call Ms. Gardner a member of the "old boys club".
I think some members of the "old boys club" are still mad at her for winning the D.A. post from their chosen one. If I were a betting man I would say some of them are promoting Casella as a carpetbagger because they still can't let it go.

I guess I called that right, saw a relative of our current county judge placing a Casella sign on Seneca st.yesterday. It is no mystery some people can't let it go and are seeking revenge by bringing in a resident from another county to run against Ms. Gardner.

#1501509 --- 07/14/17 11:19 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
yipes Offline

Loc: NY
So MG I am confused, are you upset that there is someone running from another County that possibly wouldn't have as many personal conflicts or that someone would have the audacity to back another candidate other than the one you seem to have such faith in?

#1501527 --- 07/14/17 04:08 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

Yipes, correct, you are confused. I am not upset, just pointing out that a relative of our county judge is an active participant in supporting Casella who has no ties or residency to Yates County past or present.

It shows that some of the established republicans still have an axe to grind with Ms.Gardner for defeating their candidate four years ago.

IMHO a prosecutors job is to see that justice is served for all of Yates County residents. Ms. Gardner has saved the county hundreds of thousands of dollars since she took over as District Attorney by keeping her campaign promise of working with less staff. If you remember the county legislature didn't want to reduce staff because the former D.A. stated he needed the extra help. (apparently so he could delegate most of the work to others.)

Once Ms. Gardner was elected the legislature then agreed to eliminate a full time ADA position saving county taxpayers mucho dollars.

Her DWI conviction rate is second in New York State and she has a hundred per cent conviction rate on felony drug arrests.
There is no reason to bring a carpet bagger into Yates County.

#1501549 --- 07/14/17 10:25 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]

Yipes, correct, you are confused. I am not upset, just pointing out that a relative of our county judge is an active participant in supporting Casella who has no ties or residency to Yates County past or present.

It shows that some of the established republicans still have an axe to grind with Ms.Gardner for defeating their candidate four years ago.

IMHO a prosecutors job is to see that justice is served for all of Yates County residents. Ms. Gardner has saved the county hundreds of thousands of dollars since she took over as District Attorney by keeping her campaign promise of working with less staff. If you remember the county legislature didn't want to reduce staff because the former D.A. stated he needed the extra help. (apparently so he could delegate most of the work to others.)

Once Ms. Gardner was elected the legislature then agreed to eliminate a full time ADA position saving county taxpayers mucho dollars.

Her DWI conviction rate is second in New York State and she has a hundred per cent conviction rate on felony drug arrests.
There is no reason to bring a carpet bagger into Yates County.
It's time to wipe the whole slate clean in YC Gene.From the PYVB to the mayor to the DA to the sheriff. Lets not forget the YC legislature either! Time to put the old goats out and bring in some new people with new ideas! These old goats have been in to long! Time to break up the good ole boys and get something done!

#1501585 --- 07/15/17 08:29 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

I respectfully disagree "Gassy". I don't think everyone should be lumped together. You shouldn't "throw out the baby with the bath water"! I believe one should look at individuals records regarding job performance and fiscal responsibility to the taxpayers when evaluating whether one should go or not.

#1501588 --- 07/15/17 10:44 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: yipes]
leeoh Offline

The Penn Yan police arrested a local man with a brain tumor for DWI who took a Blood test that proved he wasn't intoxicated. Gardner received the results back and kept the results from the court and the man for over four months so the state wouldn't know the man was innocent, therefore her DWI conviction rate wouldn't reflect his false arrest, this innocent man died before Gardner made this fact know, Gardner is not mentality fit to be Yates County District Attorney

#1501590 --- 07/15/17 12:08 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]

leeoh, its nice to see you are back to save our community with your version of "truth, justice and the American way". Now that you are done exposing the corrupt Village and county over the town house development at the Penn Yan Boat site you are back sharing your version of the truth with us in the District Attorney race.

The Police would have received the "results" back, depending on how long the lab took to send it. They would have arrested the defendant for common law DWI if they did a blood test. Its pretty standard to do a breath test after arrest unless there was an accident that precluded them from doing so. The arresting officer would need probable cause to make the arrest. Neither you or I know the whole story. We all know you have a hate crusade against Ms. Gardner.

#1501591 --- 07/15/17 01:28 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
leeoh Offline

MG maybe as usual you don't know the facts but I do, Val was more concerned about getting her DWI convictions so she sat on the lab test findings for four months. This man went to his grave still charged with DWI because Val sat on the truth that would of proven he was innocent, she did this because she is heartless.

#1501595 --- 07/15/17 05:09 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: leeoh]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
Originally Posted By: leeoh
The Penn Yan police arrested a local man with a brain tumor for DWI who took a Blood test that proved he wasn't intoxicated. Gardner received the results back and kept the results from the court and the man for over four months so the state wouldn't know the man was innocent, therefore her DWI conviction rate wouldn't reflect his false arrest, this innocent man died before Gardner made this fact know, Gardner is not mentality fit to be Yates County District Attorney

That story makes no sense whatsoever. If he died while the charges were pending the charges would automatically be dismissed. So it would not count as a conviction in any event.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >