FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 20 of 21 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
#1508134 --- 11/04/17 04:52 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
five UNION members out of ten voted to endorse, Neither the Penn Yan Police Department or the Penn Yan Police Benevolent Association voted to endorse anyone.

Bob, is your imaginary scientific poll based on the number of signs Casella has stuck on the right of ways around the Village and county?

Casella must be intelligent to have made it thru law school, well on second thought listing three different addresses on his petitions doesn't show brilliance. Honesty is questionable. Lets go with he is a good family man.
Gardner's mailing to all addresses in Yates County Thursday that included Yates County buildings violated the State's election laws, that wasn't a smart move by a sitting DA and the photo of a beautify baby and Val that was taken 4 years ago only shows Val can't be honest or face reality "not her baby and not what the child or Val really look like today so let's just forget the question is Val a good mother or wife.

FingerLakes1.com
#1508156 --- 11/05/17 08:43 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I see you are getting your information direct from Casella's garbage cartel. If what you say is true someone may have made a mistake in a mailing. Yates County is in for a treat if Casella keeps you as a consultant in his future!

That pales in comparsion to filing documents with false information to a public entity and Casella trying to deceive the court when testifying.

Yeah Bob, you should just forget the stupid question you have raised. On Wednesday you can move onto your next mission to save Yates County.

#1508157 --- 11/05/17 08:58 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

I see you are getting your information direct from Casella's garbage cartel. If what you say is true someone may have made a mistake in a mailing. Yates County is in for a treat if Casella keeps you as a consultant in his future!

That pales in comparsion to filing documents with false information to a public entity and Casella trying to deceive the court when testifying.

Yeah Bob, you should just forget the stupid question you have raised. On Wednesday you can move onto your next mission to save Yates County.

Well Geneo Gardner's camp is blaming you for her defeat, you are her mistake.

#1508161 --- 11/05/17 09:28 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

When you learn how to correctly spell a four letter word I will consider what you have to say! smile

#1508241 --- 11/05/17 09:21 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Casella in attempt to get the second amendment supporters has announced that if elected he will not prosecute violations of the SAFE act.
When Cuomo finds out he will remove Casella from any ability to handle any SAFE violation arrests in Yates County and appoint someone else to handle them if he is elected.

Ms. Gardner is a second amendment supported with an "A" rating from "SCOPE". She has not made any such announcement so she will be able to handle SAFE violation arrests when re-elected.

She knows enough not to make such a public statement which would cause Cuomo to remove her from handling these cases in a pro-second amendment manner.

Casella's inexperience shows up again. A District Attorney cannot announce they will not enforce a law!

#1508253 --- 11/06/17 05:16 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic
ORGANIZATION REPRESENTING PENN YAN POLICE ENDORSES CASELLA FOR YATES D.A.

(Penn Yan, NY) The organization representing the men and women of the Penn Yan Police has endorsed challenger Todd Casella in next week’s election for Yates County District Attorney. The New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, Local 3515P, announced the move in a letter this week following a vote by their members.

This endorsement comes on the heels of Casella’s previous law enforcement endorsements from the Yates County COPS Law Enforcement Union (representing the members of the Yates County Sheriff’s Office), New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association, and Steuben County Association of Police Chiefs.

Casella’s opponent, incumbent Valerie Gardner, has not received a single endorsement from a law enforcement or police agency – a telling indication of their dismal view of Gardner’s tenure as D.A.

In their letter of endorsement, Local 3515P President Wayne Marsh and Vice President Jeffrey Stewart said, “After very careful consideration the members of the Local 3515P of the NYS Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, has voted to endorse you for Yates County District Attorney. Our community and our officers have been engaged in (a) fight to keep our people from the grips of dangerous and deadly narcotic addiction. Open communication between Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office is vital in this battle.”

“The breakdown of communication between the D.A.’s Office and law enforcement has been caused by Valerie Gardner and needs to be fixed,” Casella said. “In order for justice to prevail, law enforcement and prosecutors must be able to work together for the benefit of the public.”

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom.

The General Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, November 7. Mr. Casella is a Republican who will appear on the Independence and Reform Party ballot lines.

Crickets....?
Tomorrow show Law Enforcement Officers we hear them and we have their backs by voting for the candidate they have endorsed Todd Casella.

#1508258 --- 11/06/17 08:21 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Last time you had a law enforcement officers back you hit him over the head!

Has nothing to do with "having their backs" The District Attorney serves all the people of the county and should not be seen as being pressured by Law Enforcement on how to dispose of cases.

Cops are taught in basic school not to worry about disposition of cases, its not their job.

#1508263 --- 11/06/17 09:42 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: helpme
MG could you please explain why the New York State Police, the Yates County Sheriff Department and now the Penn Yan Police Union have all endorsed Casella instead of Gardner.

OK Bob, you asked and I will give you my perspective on it:

1. The police profession is a male dominated profession, probably more so in Yates County.
2. Police officers tend to have large ego's.

I don't think you will find too many people who will argue with those two statements.

Here is anecdotal recent history of Yates County. The previous District Attorney tried only two cases during his term in County court and lost them both. His DWI conviction rate slipped below what it had been running under the District Attorney before him. (female) The state police union and "retired" state police union endorsed him when Ms. Gardner ran against him. They certainly could not have been endorsing him on his job performance. Ms. Gardner defeated him despite his statewide endorsement by the state police union.

IMHO police officers in general are more comfortable dealing with a male authority. They like to yuk it up about hunting, baseball and football. They will never admit it, but they would rather answer to a male than a female. I call it latent sexism.

The District Attorney should be viewed by the public as independent of police influence when judging how to dispose of cases. The judge has the final say on sentencing.

I'm curious. Hasn't Yates County had at least two prior female district attorneys? In your experience what were relations like between them and the police unions?

#1508270 --- 11/06/17 11:52 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Sam the Sham]
Purification Offline

Loc: Purification
Good afternoon Sam, I was told yesterday by a distinguished man in blue(who is not supporting Casella)that the people in law enforcement treated Susan L so bad that they would even make her cry in meetings. Mean Gene is correct - They do not like to have to answer to a women.

#1508273 --- 11/06/17 12:35 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
I was told by..... Cmon if your going to spew something so lacking in proof and no definitive way of finding proof, at least identify the one that said it. This is such a sham its not funny. There is a lot at stake and a lot of us dumb voters are looking to find answers before a deciding vote is cast. And on here this is what we got. Either tell us who told you this, or get Susan l. To post about how bad she was treated.

#1508275 --- 11/06/17 01:17 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Purification Offline

Loc: Purification
Good Afternoon PY.Eternal, I will ask the distinguished man in blue if its ok to identify his name. You Casella supports want everyone to believe that all law enforcement supports Casella and thats simply is not the case. So let me get this straight - The ada lied on his petitions, the court said he lied and took him off the republican line, and now his supporters are calling the voters dumb. You cant make this up!!

#1508280 --- 11/06/17 02:32 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Purification]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Good afternoon to you as well and welcome aboard. I believe I included myself in the dumb voter comment, nice try spinning it though, tactic learned from others on here no doubt. Please don't construe that I am a Casella or Gardner supporter. I simply am looking for evidence to show one way or the other whom is the better choice, and why. However, I would like to hear it from someone who is impartial, not someone who is clearly in the back pocket of one of the candidates. These are so many assumptions and nonsense thrown out by a few on here that, when questioned on the source of their info, get defensive and start attacking each other. That only makes the candidates look bad. I highly doubt your source will want his or her name put out, but kudos to him or her if they do. What I do find troubling is when people speak of situations as if they know what goes on behind closed doors, or press their opinions as to what's right or wrong.

#1508297 --- 11/06/17 05:33 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Purification]
helpme Offline

You just did make it up.

#1508301 --- 11/06/17 06:00 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic
ORGANIZATION REPRESENTING PENN YAN POLICE ENDORSES CASELLA FOR YATES D.A.

(Penn Yan, NY) The organization representing the men and women of the Penn Yan Police has endorsed challenger Todd Casella in next week’s election for Yates County District Attorney. The New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, Local 3515P, announced the move in a letter this week following a vote by their members.

This endorsement comes on the heels of Casella’s previous law enforcement endorsements from the Yates County COPS Law Enforcement Union (representing the members of the Yates County Sheriff’s Office), New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association, and Steuben County Association of Police Chiefs.

Casella’s opponent, incumbent Valerie Gardner, has not received a single endorsement from a law enforcement or police agency – a telling indication of their dismal view of Gardner’s tenure as D.A.

In their letter of endorsement, Local 3515P President Wayne Marsh and Vice President Jeffrey Stewart said, “After very careful consideration the members of the Local 3515P of the NYS Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, has voted to endorse you for Yates County District Attorney. Our community and our officers have been engaged in (a) fight to keep our people from the grips of dangerous and deadly narcotic addiction. Open communication between Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office is vital in this battle.”

“The breakdown of communication between the D.A.’s Office and law enforcement has been caused by Valerie Gardner and needs to be fixed,” Casella said. “In order for justice to prevail, law enforcement and prosecutors must be able to work together for the benefit of the public.”

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom.

The General Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, November 7. Mr. Casella is a Republican who will appear on the Independence and Reform Party ballot lines.

Crickets....?
Thank you Officers for standing up and doing what is right, Casella is God sent.

#1508350 --- 11/07/17 09:30 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Laketrout Offline

Loc: NY
Hopefully Gene Mitchell is proven as wrong as he was when Cook destroyed Garner in the County Court race and was elected for a ten year term.

I wonder if Gene will be misusing his dealer plates again to drive to the polls. Such a high ethical standard. Preach about ethics, honesty, and the law. Then directly violate a vehicle and traffic law repeatedly that say dealer plates are not to be used for family members personal benefit at will.

No surprise with who he is back in this race.

#1508400 --- 11/07/17 07:32 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Ha Ha, Lake trout, you are late to the party. who did Cook destroy? He is lucky there were two other opponents. The majority of the voters voted for the other two candidates.

If Casella wins this the Republicans will have bit off their nose to spite their face. They can then say their endorsed candidate lost two D.A. races in a row!

There is no question Casella was recruited by some of the disgruntled republicans to beat Ms. Gardner because she ran as an independent and defeated their golden boy.

#1508403 --- 11/07/17 07:40 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Well whoever wins I hope they serve the people of Yates County well.

If Casella wins I hope he remembers this quote "The sole job of a prosecutor is to see that justice is done".

If Ms. Gardner is re-elected I am guessing she will reach out to Law Enforcement to see what they feel is lacking in communication. LE never gave a specific reason why they threw her under the bus. I am betting the majority of them can't say they had a case they feel she did not dispose of properly.

#1508404 --- 11/07/17 07:42 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Can we agree that, whomever wins, his or her supporters quit the board forever?

#1508412 --- 11/07/17 07:48 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

ha ha, Good one Burrito. There are some people on here who have been kicked off more than once and keep coming back. Everyone knows who I am, they are free to take pot shots at me. I have been verbally assaulted by many over the years, I can take it and will dish it out on occasion. smile

#1508413 --- 11/07/17 09:41 PM Casella wins [Re: Mean Gene]
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
DISTRICT ATTORNEY for Yates County
Yates County: reported: Ballots:
Todd Casella 52%

Page 20 of 21 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >