FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 19 of 21 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
#1507702 --- 10/31/17 05:27 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Its all about perspective Gassy. You have an unhealthy obession about the name "Marchionda".
No obsession just stating the facts! I'm surprised you have changed your tune after Dougie trashed you! It must be that buyout money you took to disappear changed your tune!

FingerLakes1.com
#1507777 --- 11/01/17 09:08 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
You made a statement without presenting any underlying "facts".
The Mayor and I disagreed on his approach to handling a police issue. It was well hashed out in the media. The end result showed I correctly interpreted the law.

I delayed my retirement on purpose, The village always watched a dollar pretty close when it came to the PD. I was the only Tier one employee left and knew when I left the Village would save a lot of money by paying less into the retirement system and salary.

I made them a offer they couldn't refuse. I made a lot of good cases in my 36 year career, I left with an unblemished personnel file. I would challenge you to find a District Attorney I presented a case too who was unhappy with my work product. I am all ears regarding your work history.

#1507787 --- 11/01/17 10:46 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
French Pastry Offline

Yes, MG, I would love to hear about his work history also, not to mention his police record!! HAHAHA

#1507805 --- 11/01/17 03:49 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
MG could you please explain why the New York State Police, the Yates County Sheriff Department and now the Penn Yan Police Union have all endorsed Casella instead of Gardner.

Edited by helpme (11/01/17 03:50 PM)

#1507806 --- 11/01/17 03:55 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
ORGANIZATION REPRESENTING PENN YAN POLICE ENDORSES CASELLA FOR YATES D.A.

(Penn Yan, NY) The organization representing the men and women of the Penn Yan Police has endorsed challenger Todd Casella in next week’s election for Yates County District Attorney. The New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, Local 3515P, announced the move in a letter this week following a vote by their members.

This endorsement comes on the heels of Casella’s previous law enforcement endorsements from the Yates County COPS Law Enforcement Union (representing the members of the Yates County Sheriff’s Office), New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association, and Steuben County Association of Police Chiefs.

Casella’s opponent, incumbent Valerie Gardner, has not received a single endorsement from a law enforcement or police agency – a telling indication of their dismal view of Gardner’s tenure as D.A.

In their letter of endorsement, Local 3515P President Wayne Marsh and Vice President Jeffrey Stewart said, “After very careful consideration the members of the Local 3515P of the NYS Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, has voted to endorse you for Yates County District Attorney. Our community and our officers have been engaged in (a) fight to keep our people from the grips of dangerous and deadly narcotic addiction. Open communication between Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office is vital in this battle.”

“The breakdown of communication between the D.A.’s Office and law enforcement has been caused by Valerie Gardner and needs to be fixed,” Casella said. “In order for justice to prevail, law enforcement and prosecutors must be able to work together for the benefit of the public.”

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom.

The General Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, November 7. Mr. Casella is a Republican who will appear on the Independence and Reform Party ballot lines.

Crickets....?

#1507816 --- 11/01/17 05:17 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic

(Penn Yan, NY) The organization representing the men and women of the Penn Yan Police has endorsed challenger Todd Casella in next week’s election for Yates County District Attorney. The New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, Local 3515P, announced the move in a letter this week following a vote by their members.

This endorsement comes on the heels of Casella’s previous law enforcement endorsements from the Yates County COPS Law Enforcement Union (representing the members of the Yates County Sheriff’s Office), New York State Troopers Police Benevolent Association, and Steuben County Association of Police Chiefs.

Casella’s opponent, incumbent Valerie Gardner, has not received a single endorsement from a law enforcement or police agency – a telling indication of their dismal view of Gardner’s tenure as D.A.

In their letter of endorsement, Local 3515P President Wayne Marsh and Vice President Jeffrey Stewart said, “After very careful consideration the members of the Local 3515P of the NYS Law Enforcement Officers Union, Council 82, has voted to endorse you for Yates County District Attorney. Our community and our officers have been engaged in (a) fight to keep our people from the grips of dangerous and deadly narcotic addiction. Open communication between Law Enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office is vital in this battle.”

“The breakdown of communication between the D.A.’s Office and law enforcement has been caused by Valerie Gardner and needs to be fixed,” Casella said. “In order for justice to prevail, law enforcement and prosecutors must be able to work together for the benefit of the public.”

Mr. Casella is an experienced prosecutor who currently serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Steuben County. He has personally handled more than 4,000 cases (including more than 600 felonies) and taken more than 40 cases to trial in the courtroom.

The General Election for Yates County District Attorney will be held on Tuesday, November 7. Mr. Casella is a Republican who will appear on the Independence and Reform Party ballot lines.

Crickets....?
Well that's the end of Gardner and her sidekicks.

#1507819 --- 11/01/17 07:05 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

No crickets here, Ten members, five voted to endorse. That is fifty percent. Probably should have been six votes for an actual endorsement.

BTW I received that info from one of the officers who supposedly doesn't talk to me anymore. smile

If there really is a communication problem, apparently no one in law enforcement has taken the time to address concerns they might have with the District Attorney.

2 weeks ago in the paper I saw four people going to state prison for selling drugs in Yates County. All prosecuted by Ms. Gardner. She also is very involved in drug court, trying to get users on the right track. I was wondering what more the union feels she should be doing? Longer prison sentences? IF the judge thinks plea offers are too lenient he has control on whether to accept the deal.

I would hope the officers don't think they can arrest their way out of this problem, it can only be solved thru education to reduce the demand.

Perhaps there is some latent sexism involved? Maybe officers don't like having to answer to a woman in a position of authority?

Edited by Mean Gene (11/01/17 07:06 PM)

#1507821 --- 11/01/17 08:21 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
So that is the penn Yan cops, the Yates sheriffs and the troopers not endorsing the sitting da? That is some crazy stuff!

#1507827 --- 11/01/17 09:55 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

No crickets here, Ten members, five voted to endorse. That is fifty percent. Probably should have been six votes for an actual endorsement.

BTW I received that info from one of the officers who supposedly doesn't talk to me anymore. smile

If there really is a communication problem, apparently no one in law enforcement has taken the time to address concerns they might have with the District Attorney.

2 weeks ago in the paper I saw four people going to state prison for selling drugs in Yates County. All prosecuted by Ms. Gardner. She also is very involved in drug court, trying to get users on the right track. I was wondering what more the union feels she should be doing? Longer prison sentences? IF the judge thinks plea offers are too lenient he has control on whether to accept the deal.

I would hope the officers don't think they can arrest their way out of this problem, it can only be solved thru education to reduce the demand.

Perhaps there is some latent sexism involved? Maybe officers don't like having to answer to a woman in a position of authority?
The problem with that theory Gene is how are you going to educate the uneducated low life Section 8 people who have overrun PY!

#1507848 --- 11/02/17 06:00 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: py.eternal.cynic

Crickets....?
I heard Gardner is already blaming MG.

#1507861 --- 11/02/17 08:17 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: helpme
MG could you please explain why the New York State Police, the Yates County Sheriff Department and now the Penn Yan Police Union have all endorsed Casella instead of Gardner.

OK Bob, you asked and I will give you my perspective on it:

1. The police profession is a male dominated profession, probably more so in Yates County.
2. Police officers tend to have large ego's.

I don't think you will find too many people who will argue with those two statements.

Here is anecdotal recent history of Yates County. The previous District Attorney tried only two cases during his term in County court and lost them both. His DWI conviction rate slipped below what it had been running under the District Attorney before him. (female) The state police union and "retired" state police union endorsed him when Ms. Gardner ran against him. They certainly could not have been endorsing him on his job performance. Ms. Gardner defeated him despite his statewide endorsement by the state police union.

IMHO police officers in general are more comfortable dealing with a male authority. They like to yuk it up about hunting, baseball and football. They will never admit it, but they would rather answer to a male than a female. I call it latent sexism.

The District Attorney should be viewed by the public as independent of police influence when judging how to dispose of cases. The judge has the final say on sentencing.

Edited by Mean Gene (11/02/17 08:20 AM)

#1507930 --- 11/02/17 06:11 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: helpme

OK Bob, you asked and I will give you my perspective on it:

1. The police profession is a male dominated profession, probably more so in Yates County.
2. Police officers tend to have large ego's.

I don't think you will find too many people who will argue with those two statements.

Here is anecdotal recent history of Yates County. The previous District Attorney tried only two cases during his term in County court and lost them both. His DWI conviction rate slipped below what it had been running under the District Attorney before him. (female) The state police union and "retired" state police union endorsed him when Ms. Gardner ran against him. They certainly could not have been endorsing him on his job performance. Ms. Gardner defeated him despite his statewide endorsement by the state police union.

IMHO police officers in general are more comfortable dealing with a male authority. They like to yuk it up about hunting, baseball and football. They will never admit it, but they would rather answer to a male than a female. I call it latent sexism.

The District Attorney should be viewed by the public as independent of police influence when judging how to dispose of cases. The judge has the final say on sentencing.

I knew you couldn't help yourself and would step right into, once again you have tried to dishonored our brave and dedicated law enforcement officers with your lies just like you did with your letter to the editor about Casella. I ask all of you who read this post to google the Chronicle Express website and read Casella's letter to the editor that the paper just posted, Mr. Casella addresses Gene's lies from his letter to the editor one of the lies claimed Casella's brother committed forgery. This is a bold face lie and Geneo knew it and now he will be sued over his false statement bye bye pension, I just love it when a plan comes together.

Edited by helpme (11/02/17 07:03 PM)

#1507952 --- 11/02/17 09:41 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
gassy one Offline

#1508000 --- 11/02/17 10:57 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Bob, I am impressed with your change of heart regarding our police. That stint in Elmira prison you served for hitting a police officer in the head from behind with a chair has made you a changed man!

The "Notice of Claim" is quite clear, of course Mr. Casella will try and spin it. He has been twisting the truth a lot the last few months. The Court made that quite clear in its decision.

#1508009 --- 11/03/17 02:19 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Bob, I am impressed with your change of heart regarding our police. That stint in Elmira prison you served for hitting a police officer in the head from behind with a chair has made you a changed man!

The "Notice of Claim" is quite clear, of course Mr. Casella will try and spin it. He has been twisting the truth a lot the last few months. The Court made that quite clear in its decision.
Gene once again you have open yourself up to be sued for slander because I've never hit anyone over the head with a chair, I'll enjoy living on the lake in my home but before I move in I'll make sure the former owner didn't leave behind any mind altering drugs. Gene you have been acting awful strange lately are you sure it wasn't you that was hit over the head or is life getting to tuff for you?

Edited by helpme (11/03/17 02:22 AM)

#1508016 --- 11/03/17 07:53 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

OK, maybe it was a stool you used!
I am sure there are a few who remember that incident well. Especially the retired Sergeant who was the victim. That's the great thing in America, (and for lawyers) you can sue anyone one for anything. smile

Last I knew there was no liability for telling the truth. I eagerly await your legal action.

#1508044 --- 11/03/17 01:03 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Curmudgeon Offline

Yes she did….No she didn’t.
Yes he did….No he didn’t.
Liar, liar, pants on fire……
Yes he is....No he isn’t
Yes she is….No she isn’t.
Am not….Are to.
Is too….Is not.
Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.
So there….So there back.

#1508046 --- 11/03/17 01:19 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Damn, I should have realized when I used the word "Lawyer" you would take notice!!! Glad to see you are still kickin!! smile

#1508079 --- 11/03/17 07:43 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: sarge1m19]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: sarge1m19
No one nudges the deputies union to do anything. The deputies union does what the deputies feel is best. I'd thank you to keep your expert opinion on union matters to yourself unless you have first hand information which you don't because you are not a member.
The State Police and the Penn Yan Police have also endorsed Casella because he is honest,intelligent and a good family man who if the polls are right will be Yates County's next District Attorney.

#1508130 --- 11/04/17 02:33 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

five UNION members out of ten voted to endorse, Neither the Penn Yan Police Department or the Penn Yan Police Benevolent Association voted to endorse anyone.

Bob, is your imaginary scientific poll based on the number of signs Casella has stuck on the right of ways around the Village and county?

Casella must be intelligent to have made it thru law school, well on second thought listing three different addresses on his petitions doesn't show brilliance. Honesty is questionable. Lets go with he is a good family man.

Page 19 of 21 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >