FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#1505582 --- 09/28/17 08:01 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Enigma3]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
[quote=Enigma3]What have you been disappointed with cheesehead? The DA's office under Gardner has not lost one felony case brought to trial. She has saved the county taxpayers over $100,000 per year during her tenure. What's not to like? I have not heard ANY law enforcement officer come forward either in person or anonymously to detail their complaints.

So you work in her office?

FingerLakes1.com
#1505620 --- 09/29/17 07:57 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Originally Posted By: helpme
Originally Posted By: cheesehead
So that still leaves me with a dilemma. Do I vote for the new guy and give him a chance like I did with Valerie after my dismay with the Cook DA or do I vote for Valerie who I have been disappointed with since she took office? These are the things that keep me up at night. The unknown versus the known.
Gardner has disappointed everyone and that's why she hasn't received one endorsement, Casella a is honest dedicated prosecutor and family man who's praised by all and has been endorsed by thousands of police officers.

"thousands of police officers", 99 percent of them don't know her or anything about her job performance. If you don't seek an endorsement there is a one hundred per cent chance you won't get one. During my 36 years in LE I don't remember a district attorney or judge running for election who came to the PBA seeking an endorsement. It used to be common knowledge that the local unions always stayed neutral for obvious reasons. I think if you check with the local unions Ms Gardner did not seek an endorsement. The public perception of police and the DA or a judge being tied at the hip is not a good thing.

#1505634 --- 09/29/17 12:42 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

Loc: Yates county
To eternal cynic: Don't be a troll. No one needs to work in her office to know basic factual information about the DA's office. It is all publicly available. If you don't know that you need to get out more.

I have a big problem with law enforcement backing any candidate for public office. That itself is a big conflict of interest.

And note that helpme/gassy one conveniently ignores the points I make. Ignoring the information won't make it go away. The main point that will come up over and over again is that Casella is a 3 year lawyer. 3 years people. Even Clarence Darrow knew very little about the profession after only 3 years.

4000 cases, 600 felonies and 40 trials. All in 3 years. Yea right. Prove it helpme. Show us the source for these totally bogus numbers. Your desperation comes right thru the computer. Desperate people use desperate measures. Like propaganda and a ridiculous made up story. PROOF OF YOUR NUMBERS Robert. I'm guessing you got your numbers out of a Cracker Jacks box. Your posts are great fodder for the theater of the absurd.

#1505635 --- 09/29/17 01:00 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

One more point to helpme/gassy one. You are hard wired to resist and attack the "good ol' boys/girls" network in Yates County. You have made that your MO ever since these forums began. Overthrow the entrenched establishment politicians. To me, that is very naive. Wherever you go, any county in the US, any country in the world, you will encounter a "good ol' boys/girls" network. Everywhere. Get rid of one and another one will appear. That is human nature. The problem is that you only want to accept that part of reality you agree with. Which always ends up with a distorted vision of reality. So now we have Valerie Gardner as our DA. Think she is a member of the old boy/girl network in this county? She is clearly not. We now have a small group of good ol' boy/girl entrenched legislators and a group of entrenched good ol' boy/girl law enforcement officers who oppose her. Entrenched, long serving folks sometimes need a change to uproot old entrenched habits. You should be rooting her on for taking on the establishment in this county. I am. And many, many others are too. Not so much because she is anti establishment, but because she's good at what she does.

#1505654 --- 09/29/17 07:58 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Enigma3]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
You say she's good at what she does and what does she do nothing is what she does.

#1505655 --- 09/29/17 08:13 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

MG, I think it would be great if you took a ad out in the local paper endorsing Gardner and explaining why you think thousands of Police Officers are wrong for endorsing Casella, even explain your theory that Judge Cook is the one who got Casella to run because he is sore that Gardner defeated him 4 years ago for her present DA position. I'm sure if you do that will ensure Casella will win by a landslide.

Edited by helpme (09/29/17 08:14 PM)

#1505657 --- 09/29/17 09:06 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Enigma3]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Enigma3
One more point to helpme/gassy one. You are hard wired to resist and attack the "good ol' boys/girls" network in Yates County. You have made that your MO ever since these forums began. Overthrow the entrenched establishment politicians. To me, that is very naive. Wherever you go, any county in the US, any country in the world, you will encounter a "good ol' boys/girls" network. Everywhere. Get rid of one and another one will appear. That is human nature. The problem is that you only want to accept that part of reality you agree with. Which always ends up with a distorted vision of reality. So now we have Valerie Gardner as our DA. Think she is a member of the old boy/girl network in this county? She is clearly not. We now have a small group of good ol' boy/girl entrenched legislators and a group of entrenched good ol' boy/girl law enforcement officers who oppose her. Entrenched, long serving folks sometimes need a change to uproot old entrenched habits. You should be rooting her on for taking on the establishment in this county. I am. And many, many others are too. Not so much because she is anti establishment, but because she's good at what she does.
Dancing on the bar?

#1505658 --- 09/29/17 09:07 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

I think it would be great if you worked on your grammar and punctuation!

#1505660 --- 09/29/17 09:11 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Not English class Gene! The point was made!

#1505687 --- 09/30/17 08:27 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one

no, but something close to a coherent message would let people understand his message without having to read it three times!!

#1505691 --- 09/30/17 09:59 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Originally Posted By: gassy one

no, but something close to a coherent message would let people understand his message without having to read it three times!!
LOL!

#1505699 --- 09/30/17 10:35 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Enigma 3 I am not trolling, simply trying to understand how it is that you would have the ability to hear an officer complain in person if you are not there. If you are there then your opinion and insight would carry great weight. I'm looking for factual information on both candidates. So far, the only thing I have read about is genes usual expert opinion and theory on everything and anything, and helpme trying to rile him up. Enigma, you seem to present in a professional manner, much unlike some others who's only goal is to confuse and inflame. Statistics are just numbers manipulated by those who use them for their own benefit. As far as the unions go, ask the members if they were solicited by any or all candidates and then you have a factual answer instead of an opinion.

#1505781 --- 10/01/17 08:16 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Why cynic, thank you for acknowledging by "expert" opinion. County Court has done that in the past when I testified. smile

We have a lot of anonymous opinions on here and mine. helpme tries to be anonymous but most of us on here know who he is.

Obviously everyone's posts/views on here reflect the world as they perceive it.

It is what it is!

#1505785 --- 10/01/17 11:54 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: cheesehead]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
I wonder what is going on with the current DA that people think anyone else would be a better choice. These are the things that make me scratch my head. The current DA seemed to have a lot of support in the last DA race, but took a big hit in the polls in the judge's race. That seemed odd for the sitting DA to lose the race for the bench to the one she beat for DA. Her staff seemed to have turned over some too. I can't seem to wrap my head around it all. I am missing something. I can't figure it out.
That's because the voters now realize that they made a mistake when they voted her into office just like the PY Village Board realized they made a mistake when they appointed MG Chief of Police, the PYVB corrected their mistake by offering him $10,000 to retire the voters will get rid of their mistake when we vote Todd Casella our next District Attorney.

Edited by helpme (10/01/17 11:56 AM)

#1505786 --- 10/01/17 01:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Originally Posted By: helpme
MG, I think it would be great if you took a ad out in the local paper endorsing Gardner and explaining why you think thousands of Police Officers ...

Are there more than a few dozen police officers in Yates County and Steuben County combined?

#1505790 --- 10/01/17 03:57 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Enigma3]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: Enigma3
To eternal cynic: Don't be a troll. No one needs to work in her office to know basic factual information about the DA's office. It is all publicly available. If you don't know that you need to get out more.

I have a big problem with law enforcement backing any candidate for public office. That itself is a big conflict of interest.

And note that helpme/gassy one conveniently ignores the points I make. Ignoring the information won't make it go away. The main point that will come up over and over again is that Casella is a 3 year lawyer. 3 years people. Even Clarence Darrow knew very little about the profession after only 3 years.

4000 cases, 600 felonies and 40 trials. All in 3 years. Yea right. Prove it helpme. Show us the source for these totally bogus numbers. Your desperation comes right thru the computer. Desperate people use desperate measures. Like propaganda and a ridiculous made up story. PROOF OF YOUR NUMBERS Robert. I'm guessing you got your numbers out of a Cracker Jacks box. Your posts are great fodder for the theater of the absurd.
Casella has been a ADA for four and half years he has prosecuted 4,000 cases 160 felonies 40 trials in 13 village and town courts plus County Court where he averages 150 felonies a year, in fact he has had 3 felony trials this year all which he has won and that is as many as Gardner claims she has won in 21 years. Casella prosecutes more cases in one year than Gardner and her 2 ADAs have done in 4 years, need I say more?

#1505804 --- 10/01/17 10:36 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

If someone told you didn't need to say any more it wouldn't do any good, you are like a broken record.

#1505836 --- 10/02/17 10:24 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

car.pet.bag.ger noun

1. A political candidate who seeks election in an area where they have no local connections.

having the same name that's on all the trash cans around town doesn't count as a local connection.

#1505837 --- 10/02/17 10:46 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
French Pastry Offline

MG!!! SPOT ON!!! HAHAHAHA Very funny!! I love it!!!

#1505852 --- 10/02/17 04:50 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

You have not offered ANY proof for your numbers helpme. None. Just the same tired pablum spew. 150 felonies a year. I almost choked with laughter on that one!!

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >