FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#1505293 --- 09/25/17 05:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

Loc: dresden
Originally Posted By: Mean Gene
Originally Posted By: helpme
MG, Gardner claims she has more than 21 years experience as a prosecutor but has gone to trial only 15 times, what she fails to tell the public is that 16 years of those 21 years she was the prosecutor in Juvenile Court where she had less then 300 cases and no trials. The only other prosecutor job she has ever had besides her present one was a part time Yates County ADA position that she was forced to resign because she tried to interfere in a arrest , the only record Gardner has is a bad one.

helpme, you tried using that BS the first time Ms. Gardner ran for DA. Its a bold face lie. I fact checked you back then. Maybe you should be doing some checking on the former ADA who left Yates and went to Seneca county. That might give you some insight on who might have been involved in nudging the Deputies union to endorse Casella.
MG please detail Gardner's history as a prosecutor year by year for last 21 years.

FingerLakes1.com
#1505294 --- 09/25/17 05:51 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: sarge1m19]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: sarge1m19
No one nudges the deputies union to do anything. The deputies union does what the deputies feel is best. I'd thank you to keep your expert opinion on union matters to yourself unless you have first hand information which you don't because you are not a member.
I guess he told u.

#1505308 --- 09/25/17 10:49 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: sarge1m19]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Originally Posted By: sarge1m19
No one nudges the deputies union to do anything. The deputies union does what the deputies feel is best. I'd thank you to keep your expert opinion on union matters to yourself unless you have first hand information which you don't because you are not a member.

Well you are right, I can't have any "first hand information" because I don't go to your union meetings. smile
Sarge, are you telling me Steuben deputies didn't give you their glowing opinion of how they liked Casella to help you change your mind?
How about the former ADA that left and went to Seneca County? You don't think that situation might have come into play with a union official?
Could there be some latent sexism coming into play here?

#1505340 --- 09/26/17 08:11 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

YCSD is going to be knocking on your door!

#1505342 --- 09/26/17 09:54 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

LE are always welcome at my door!

#1505362 --- 09/26/17 02:37 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
helpme Offline

MG, Gardner claims she has more than 21 years experience as a prosecutor but has gone to trial only 15 times, what she fails to tell the public is that 16 years of those 21 years she was the prosecutor in Juvenile Court where she had less then 300 cases and no trials. The only other prosecutor job she has ever had besides her present one was a part time Yates County ADA position that she was forced to resign because she tried to interfere in a arrest , the only record Gardner has is a bad one.

helpme, you tried using that BS the first time Ms. Gardner ran for DA. Its a bold face lie. I fact checked you back then. Maybe you should be doing some checking on the former ADA who left Yates and went to Seneca county. That might give you some insight on who might have been involved in nudging the Deputies union to endorse Casella.
MG please detail Gardner's history as a prosecutor year by year for last 21 years.
MG, How about it do you plan on answering the question or don't you want the public to know that Casella has more experience that Gardner?

#1505390 --- 09/26/17 05:14 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Gee helpme, I don't have a blow by blow of every year. She has tried multiple cases in county court and won them all. The latest this week when the guy pled out just before the trial started. (The previous DA tried two cases during his term and lost them both)

She ran her own private practice along while being in charge of JD intake and prosecutions for many years. Was an ADA before becoming District Attorney. She has been in charge of the DA's
office for over three years. Saved the taxpayers over $300,000, said savings continue to grow every year.

Her office is second in the whole state for DWI conviction rates. The violent crime rate has gone down the past three years in Yates County.

Why don't you call the Steuben County DA and find out what Casella's true case load has been. There is no way he handled fifty percent of all the criminal cases in Steuben county the last three years while the other ten prosecutors split up the other fifty percent. Casella is just what Yates doesn't need, a junior ADA, who has never run a private practice or office and has trouble telling the truth. Bad for the residents of Yates County.

Edited by Mean Gene (09/26/17 05:15 PM)

#1505394 --- 09/26/17 05:53 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

New report out by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services report states what counties where violent crime murder, rapes and assault also burglary that went up the most last year, Yates was number 11 out of 24, crimes per capita change +90, crimes committed change +21, population change -128. MG is pushing fake news which he got from Gardner.

#1505402 --- 09/26/17 07:25 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
I was a firm supporter of Valerie's campaign against Cook for DA. Cook seemed to stop campaigning after the primary and she bolstered on. I was not impressed with him as DA and believed what she had to say.

After she took office I started to loose faith in her. She seemed to associate with riff raff and the whole singIng in a band at bars thing was troublesome. She seemed to be treading water professionally. Her staff started leaving. I am not sure who is left in her office.

In the race for judge, Cook was the better choice for judge for me. He seemed more honest and reputable. He got my vote then.

Now for the DA race I am not sure. Her record is one thing and what people actually see and say are different.

Gene may sway my opinion before November. He supports her because he dislikes Cook. I know she reads this stuff. Where is she to sway me not her mouthpiece?

#1505411 --- 09/26/17 10:24 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: helpme]
Mean Gene Offline

New report out by the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services report states what counties where violent crime murder, rapes and assault also burglary that went up the most last year, Yates was number 11 out of 24, crimes per capita change +90, crimes committed change +21, population change -128. MG is pushing fake news which he got from Gardner.

I quoted "Violent crimes" from the stats DCJS sent me. They only listed one year online. I had to send them an email to get the last three years. As I stated Violent crimes are and have been few in Yates County. I didn't get any numbers from Ms. Gardner. helpme I am still waiting for you to get an answer from your man how it is he handles fifty percent of all the cases in Steuben county by himself. That is the Fake news!!!

#1505412 --- 09/26/17 10:41 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

cheehead, I supported her because Cooks record as DA was pathetic. When you get to pick and choose what cases you are going to try and still lose them, that is an issue. In his case he chose to try two felony cases in county court and lost them both. I would call it "dislike" for the job he did, not personal dislike.

She has won every case she has tried in county court since being elected. You can't compare job performance without comparing hers to his one term. Its apples to apples.

I think Cook lost four assistants while he was DA. How many has Ms. Gardner lost? The only one I am aware of who left did so to avoid an ethics issue because of a personal relationship. That situation was clear to many.

You really think Ms. Gardner would hop on here and banter with a bunch of anonymous people who can say whatever they want to?

#1505420 --- 09/27/17 03:53 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: Mean Gene]
helpme Offline

I quoted "Violent crimes" from the stats DCJS sent me. They only listed one year online. I had to send them an email to get the last three years. As I stated Violent crimes are and have been few in Yates County. I didn't get any numbers from Ms. Gardner. helpme I am still waiting for you to get an answer from your man how it is he handles fifty percent of all the cases in Steuben county by himself. That is the Fake news!!!
MG you sound like Gardner always blaming someone for your screw-ups and lies claiming it wasn't my fault, MG you need to jump ship like the other well known family has who now realize that their ace in the hole is a lost cause. I just love it when a plan comes together, really MG 2 trial wins in 21 years and you're bragging about it how sad.

Edited by helpme (09/27/17 03:54 AM)

#1505424 --- 09/27/17 07:01 AM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

helpme, I have known you personally for years along with your many rants on here under different names. You have been kicked off this forum multiple times under different names. I don't know Casella so I will have to go with you as being the biggest liar and attack dog on here.

Ms. Gardner has won multiple felony trials, more than two, obtaining convictions on everyone she took to trial. It would be a fair estimate to say that well over 90 percent of cases are settled before trial. The prior DA only took two felony cases to trial and lost them both! Its quality not quantity.

Casella's high priced media group convinced him to go the attack route from the get go. His "record" is a big lie. You have another month to keep attacking before you move onto saving Penn Yan or Yates County from itself.

#1505467 --- 09/27/17 08:03 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
py.eternal.cynic Offline

Loc: inside looking out
Wow, it seems as though somebody is getting under mean genes skin. When did this stop being about the da's race. All mud slinging aside, this is page after page of the same nonsense. gene hates cook, Casella is a liar and Gardner dances on bars. Is this really the best we can come up with? And what's with the sexism comments? Who was the ada that left? This is better than the days of our lives! And why would Gardner come on here to say anything...she has a few loyal subjects on here to do it for her.

#1505478 --- 09/27/17 09:50 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Your buddy helpme can find out for you, if he doesn't he will just make something up. I have been baited by experts before, nice try cynic.

#1505559 --- 09/28/17 03:45 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

Loc: Yates county
Me thinks someone, or two, is quoting a comic book. Anyone who bites on the number of cases Casella has tried in Steuben County is smokin' the good stuff. 600 cases and 40 felony trials in 3 years??? If you get sucked in on that one I know of some great ocean front properties up Prattsburg way you will love. Where do you get this crap story helpme or gassy one? A 5th grader would know those figures are absurd. I call BS!!

And what about the continual lying being spewed here? Gardner's record, as spewed here, is a bold faced lie! The contention that she sings in a bar band is also a bold faced lie. The case load of Casella in Steuben is yet another lie. Mr. Hawley is the one with an ax to grind and he will resort to lie after lie to distort the truth.

One counter point. Remember an actress named Rosalind Russell? She has one of the more famous quotes ever coming from Hollywood. She said "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death". Life is indeed a banquet and Valerie Gardner, like Rosalind Russell, is not starving to death. She partakes of more of life's banquet than most any other woman I know. She sings karaoke (thus the bar singing slur), rides a motorcycle, and is a certified scuba diver, among other activities. She lives life more fully than most do. When a woman does that she is often criticized for sampling from life's banquet, as Valerie has been.

Gassy one and helpme, don't try to pump up your training wheels boy with distortions and lies. We can see through all of the BS.

#1505562 --- 09/28/17 04:08 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: py.eternal.cynic]
helpme Offline

He knows that Gardner is on her way out and he can't stand it so he blames Cook and now some former ADA under Gardner, Casella's experience,4,000 cases,600 felonies,40 trials and his many police endorsements have sent him over the deep end. So now he is calling names and getting personal and now I'm sure he will start using his other poster name and say naughty things. Gardner has had 3 trials as DA, that's her record.

#1505566 --- 09/28/17 05:49 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
cheesehead Offline

Loc: PY, Yates County, NY
So that still leaves me with a dilemma. Do I vote for the new guy and give him a chance like I did with Valerie after my dismay with the Cook DA or do I vote for Valerie who I have been disappointed with since she took office? These are the things that keep me up at night. The unknown versus the known.

#1505569 --- 09/28/17 06:34 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: gassy one]
Enigma3 Offline

Loc: Yates county
What have you been disappointed with cheesehead? The DA's office under Gardner has not lost one felony case brought to trial. She has saved the county taxpayers over $100,000 per year during her tenure. What's not to like? I have not heard ANY law enforcement officer come forward either in person or anonymously to detail their complaints. And I do know that the opposition to Valerie is not as widespread as it is being made out to be.

Casella has committed some terrible mistakes so far. He lied on his petitions giving an address that he did not live at. Does anyone wonder why the Republicans could not get any attorney currently practicing in Yates County to run?? He has a nominating committee. Why did no one on that committee help Casella through the petition process? If someone did, that person is incompetent. Casella's campaign looks like a joke to me. Totally unprofessional.

Also, beware of anyone who supports a candidate that is going to lose an election. As we have seen many times on the national level, that is when the bulls*** begins to get deep and the truth takes a back seat.

#1505581 --- 09/28/17 07:47 PM Re: Casella for DA [Re: cheesehead]
helpme Offline

Originally Posted By: cheesehead
So that still leaves me with a dilemma. Do I vote for the new guy and give him a chance like I did with Valerie after my dismay with the Cook DA or do I vote for Valerie who I have been disappointed with since she took office? These are the things that keep me up at night. The unknown versus the known.
Gardner has disappointed everyone and that's why she hasn't received one endorsement, Casella a is honest dedicated prosecutor and family man who's praised by all and has been endorsed by thousands of police officers.

Edited by helpme (09/28/17 07:48 PM)

Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 >