Trump’s Continued Attacks On Senate Republicans Hamper Party’s Agenda

by Leigh Ann Caldwell and Alex Moe

FingerLakes1.com
#1503999 --- 08/24/17 06:37 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: gassy one
McConnell said today that is a bunch of hogwash! I see you forgot to update that Kyle! LOL! Another one of your worthless cut & pastes!
And you heard or saw that where?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politics/donald-trump-mitch-mcconnell-feud/index.html

Trump-McConnell feud simmers as GOP watches in horror

By MJ Lee, CNN National Politics Reporter

Updated 7:12 AM ET, Thu August 24, 2017

Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell aren't exactly kissing and making up. The unflattering details of a rapidly deteriorating relationship between the President and the Senate Majority Leader spilled out into the open this month -- an angry phone call that devolved into a screaming match; a refusal to speak to one another since that heated conversation; and a steady exchange of hardly subtle snubs.

But the constant drip of reporting about the stunningly strained ties between Trump and McConnell appear to have done little so far to compel the two powerful Republicans to swallow their pride and hug it out.

In a statement, McConnell said Wednesday afternoon that he and Trump were "committed to advancing our shared agenda together and anyone who suggests otherwise is clearly not part of the conversation," but said nothing to bat away now widely reported details of their tense relationship.

And in fact, the duo has no plans to meet until at least the first week of September when Congress returns from summer recess, a senior White House official told CNN. Perhaps in a nod at the now infamous profanity-laced phone call that Trump and McConnell had earlier this month about efforts to repeal Obamacare, that official noted: "There were conversations about having calls on several items, but I think we felt it would be better to do it in person."

All of this has Republicans in Washington worried about the party's agenda for the rest of the year -- and reeling from the dramatic worsening of the two men's relationship.

#1504000 --- 08/24/17 06:39 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

It doesn't sound like Trump and Ryan are getting along so good either.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politics/paul-ryan-border-security-funding/index.html

Ryan warns Trump not to shut down government over border security funding

#1504015 --- 08/24/17 09:10 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one
McConnell said today that is a bunch of hogwash! I see you forgot to update that Kyle! LOL! Another one of your worthless cut & pastes!
Cut and pastes allow me to prove you wrong so often grin

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/politics/mitch-mcconnell-breakfast-comments/index.html

By Lauren Fox, CNN

Updated 9:53 AM ET, Thu August 24, 2017

In brief remarks to his constituents, the closest the Kentucky Republican got to criticizing Trump was saying he was "a little concerned about some of the trade rhetoric," an apparent reference to Trump's pledge to re-negotiate trade deal and his decision to leave the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Otherwise, McConnell praised Trump for rolling back Obama-era regulations and picking Neil Gorsuch as the most recent Supreme Court justice.

But the positive feelings appear to not be mutual. Mere minutes before McConnell was expected to speak, the President tweeted a message criticizing congressional Republican leadership, citing both the Kentucky Republican and House Speaker Paul Ryan

#1504022 --- 08/24/17 11:14 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

HuffPost&#8207;Verified account @HuffPost 42m42 minutes ago

German magazine cover depicts Trump doing Nazi salute http://huffp.st/o6wvqrl

#1504023 --- 08/24/17 11:16 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

A white nationalist who figured prominently in a right-wing rally in Charlottesville that ended in deadly violence earlier this month has turned himself in, University of Virginia police said Wednesday.

Christopher Cantwell was wanted on warrants for illegal use of tear gas on Aug. 11, police said, when white supremacists bearing tiki torches marched on campus. Cantwell has said he believes the warrants are for his use of pepper spray against a man, and said he acted in self-defense.

He appeared in court on Thursday morning and was denied bond. He will remain in custody at Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. His next scheduled court appearance is set for Oct. 12.

#1504024 --- 08/24/17 11:20 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

8/24/17

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/900701762532892673

NBC News&#8207;Verified account @NBCNews 3h3 hours ago

President Trump's relationship with Congressional Republicans is deteriorating fast.

#1504025 --- 08/24/17 11:21 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Washington Post&#8207;Verified account @washingtonpost 30m30 minutes ago

Opinion: Trump is threatening to inflict a huge political nightmare on his fellow Republicans

#1504026 --- 08/24/17 11:22 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Keith Olbermann&#8207;Verified account @KeithOlbermann 10m10 minutes ago

From charities to CEOs to Murdoch Jr to swing state voters who elected him, America is fleeing from Trump

#1504027 --- 08/24/17 11:24 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

"I alone can fix it," Donald Trump famously declared as he accepted the presidential nomination last summer. When it comes to the serious budget crisis now facing the president's Secret Service, that might actually be true.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...vice/593514001/

#1504028 --- 08/24/17 11:25 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Donald J. Trump&#8207;Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

The only problem I have with Mitch McConnell is that, after hearing Repeal & Replace for 7 years, he failed!That should NEVER have happened!

#1504029 --- 08/24/17 11:33 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Adam Schiff&#8207;Verified account @RepAdamSchiff 22h22 hours ago

Adam Schiff Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Adam Schiff

People all over America get it, Mr. President. They see how you divide us, how you tear at the fabric of our nation, and they are repelled.

Adam Schiff added,
Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Last night in Phoenix I read the things from my statements on Charlottesville that the Fake News Media didn't cover fairly. People got it!

1,293 replies 10,545 retweets 30,227 likes

#1504030 --- 08/24/17 11:35 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Christopher Hayes Retweeted
stuart stevens&#8207; @stuartpstevens 11h11 hours ago

Gone from "Mexico will pay for wall & I'll protect your Social Security" to "I'll stop your Social Security if you don't pay for wall."
119 replies 4,064 retweets 7,470 likes

#1504135 --- 08/26/17 11:23 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: ThomasDecker]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
I didn't support Trump in the election and I certainly don't agree with many things he says as president.

That being said, I wouldn't have thought we were heading towards a civil war but watching some of the posters here get more and more outrageous in their rhetoric and increasingly distraught that they can't have their way and undo the last election, now I'm not so sure.

#1504144 --- 08/26/17 07:39 PM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: Sam the Sham]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Sam the Sham
I didn't support Trump in the election and I certainly don't agree with many things he says as president.
That being the case, how do you feel about Senator Corker saying this? It sure sounds like the beginning of a potential civil war to me.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/17/544230949/gop-senator-trump-lacking-stability-competence-to-succeed

A leading Republican senator told reporters on Thursday that President Trump "has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability, nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful."

Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker was at the Rotary Club of Chattanooga and spoke to local reporters there. In video posted by Chloe Morrison of Nooga.com, Corker added, "And we need for him to be successful. Our nation needs for him to be successful."

Referring to the president's response to the violence that came with white supremacist demonstrations in Charlottesville, Va., last weekend, Corker said, "He also recently has not demonstrated that he understands the character of this nation. He has not demonstrated that he understands what has made this nation great and what it is today.

#1504163 --- 08/27/17 09:27 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

The problem is this country has turned into a bunch of wussies! Everybody is offended by this or that! Grow up and act like an adult and get a little backbone in yourself!

#1504409 --- 09/05/17 07:41 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Speaking of civil war.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump...--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's plan to take a hard line on young immigrants unless Congress intervenes threatens to expose deep divides among Republicans who have long struggled with the issue, with one conservative warning of a potential "civil war" within the party.

Trump's attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is expected to announce Tuesday that the administration will end in six months a program that shields from deportation young immigrants brought to the country illegally as children. The immigrants are often referred to as "Dreamers."

According to two people familiar with Trump's decision, the decision to delay by six months the termination of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, would give Congress time to act. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss details publicly.

But that plan also hands a political hot potato to congressional Republicans, who have a long history of failing to act on immigration because of divisions in the party.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., tweeted: "After teasing #Dreamers for months with talk of his 'great heart,' @POTUS slams door on them. Some 'heart'.."

Trump's decision would come after a long and notably public deliberation. Despite campaigning as an immigration hard-liner, Trump has said he is sympathetic to the plight of the immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally as children and in some cases have no memories of the countries they were born in.

But such an approach — essentially kicking the can down the road and letting Congress deal with it— is fraught with uncertainty and political perils that amount, according to one vocal opponent, to "Republican suicide."

#1504416 --- 09/05/17 09:57 AM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis
Originally Posted By: kyle585
Speaking of civil war.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump...--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's plan to take a hard line on young immigrants unless Congress intervenes threatens to expose deep divides among Republicans who have long struggled with the issue, with one conservative warning of a potential "civil war" within the party.

Trump's attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is expected to announce Tuesday that the administration will end in six months a program that shields from deportation young immigrants brought to the country illegally as children. The immigrants are often referred to as "Dreamers."

According to two people familiar with Trump's decision, the decision to delay by six months the termination of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, would give Congress time to act. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss details publicly.

But that plan also hands a political hot potato to congressional Republicans, who have a long history of failing to act on immigration because of divisions in the party.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., tweeted: "After teasing #Dreamers for months with talk of his 'great heart,' @POTUS slams door on them. Some 'heart'.."

Trump's decision would come after a long and notably public deliberation. Despite campaigning as an immigration hard-liner, Trump has said he is sympathetic to the plight of the immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally as children and in some cases have no memories of the countries they were born in.

But such an approach — essentially kicking the can down the road and letting Congress deal with it— is fraught with uncertainty and political perils that amount, according to one vocal opponent, to "Republican suicide."

I pray daily for an EMP!

#1504433 --- 09/05/17 03:46 PM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
I pray daily for an EMP!
ummmmm EMP? Emperor maybe?

#1504449 --- 09/05/17 09:35 PM Re: Are We Nearing Civil War? [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

OH BOY KYLE! LOL!

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >