FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 34 of 67 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 66 67 >
Topic Options
#1513747 --- 03/20/18 09:18 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Senator Ed Markey, D-MA, was on MSNBC a few minutes ago. He said if Trump fires Mueller it will be the end of the Trump presidency,

MSNBC reported that Paul Ryan just said that he is "confident" that Mueller will be able to finish his work.

FingerLakes1.com
#1513748 --- 03/20/18 09:26 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/02/us/school-shootings-2018-list-trnd/index.html

There has been, on average, 1 school shooting every week this year

#1513754 --- 03/20/18 10:43 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
I hear the narratives already, an armed resource officer shot and killed the shooter before he did more damage but how about this scenario, instead of only two children being shot, how about preventive measures insuring that NO!!!!! guns can enter the school in the first place? including teachers, one who accidentally shot himself last week on school grounds.

#1513755 --- 03/20/18 11:10 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
Senator Ed Markey, D-MA, was on MSNBC a few minutes ago. He said if Trump fires Mueller it will be the end of the Trump presidency,

MSNBC reported that Paul Ryan just said that he is "confident" that Mueller will be able to finish his work.
On CNN they just quoted Senator Graham as saying that if Trump fires Mueller without cause that would be an impeachable offense.

#1513756 --- 03/20/18 11:22 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

On CNN they just quoted Senator Graham as saying that if Trump fires Mueller without cause that would be an impeachable offense.
I am getting the feeling that a lot of Republicans in congress think that Bob Mueller will find charges against Trump so serious that he will be forced to resign and he would be replaces by Mike Pence. They would think good riddance but of course they can't say that.

#1513759 --- 03/20/18 07:47 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-a...achine?ref=home

Fox News commentator Ret. Lt. Col. Ralph Peters—who called Obama a ‘p*ssy’ on-air in 2015—told colleagues he is now “ashamed” of the right-leaning network.
Maxwell Tani
03.20.18 4:20 PM ET

A longtime Fox News commentator on Tuesday let the network have it in a scathing letter to colleagues announcing his departure.

In an email to Fox News staff, first obtained by BuzzFeed News, strategic analyst Ret. Lt. Col. Ralph Peters claimed he decided not to renew his contract earlier this month because of how “ashamed” he is of Fox.

Peters attributed his decision to Fox’s defense of President Trump amid alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election, declaring that the network was increasingly “wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

“Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” he wrote in the email. “Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

He continued: “Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.”

In a statement, Fox News said: “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated primetime hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

Amid his anti-Fox missive, however, the retired colonel did make carve-outs for some colleagues.

#1513770 --- 03/21/18 01:38 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I am getting the feeling that a lot of Republicans in congress think that Bob Mueller will find charges against Trump so serious that he will be forced to resign and he would be replaces by Mike Pence. They would think good riddance but of course they can't say that.

Is there any room left for normalcy with this idiot in office? We had another school shooting in Maryland, a serial bomber (the only one we pray) killed himself while he congratulate a Russian dictator. I see that one of the oldest House of Representatives, Louise Slaughter recently died, no announcement or lowering of our flag for her but he has the time and effort to attempt to discredit Robert Mueller via tweets, staying up till the wee hours of the morning fuming and venting.

#1513771 --- 03/21/18 01:49 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today directed that flags on all state government buildings be flown at half-staff in honor of Congresswoman Louise Slaughter on Friday, March 23, the day of her funeral.

"The New York family continues to mourn the passing of Congresswoman Louise Slaughter," Governor Cuomo said. "She was a champion for our state who fought tirelessly for the Rochester area, and her remarkable legacy will carry on for generations to come. I ask all New Yorkers to join me in honoring the memory of a trailblazer who set an example for others to follow."

#1513836 --- 03/25/18 10:39 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

OMG. This is ridiculous. Even for Santorum.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/politics/rick-santorum-guns-cnntv/index.html

CNN commentator and former Pennsylvania GOP Sen. Rick Santorum on Sunday suggested students protesting for gun control legislation would be better served by taking CPR classes and preparing for active shooter scenarios.

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Santorum's comments came a day after protesters assembled at March for Our Lives events in Washington and across the country to demand gun control legislation in the wake of the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Santorum dismissed the usefulness of "phony gun laws" and appeared to call on students and others to improve their communities and to prepare to respond to further shootings instead of calling for new laws.

"They took action to ask someone to pass a law," Santorum said. "They didn't take action to say, 'How do I, as an individual, deal with this problem? How am I going to do something about stopping bullying within my own community? What am I going to do to actually help respond to a shooter?'... Those are the kind of things where you can take it internally, and say, 'Here's how I'm going to deal with this. Here's how I'm going to help the situation,' instead of going and protesting and saying, 'Oh, someone else needs to pass a law to protect me.'"
Van Jones, a liberal CNN commentator, interjected and mentioned his own child was about to start high school.

"I want him focused on algebra and other stuff," Jones said. "If his main way to survive high school is learning CPR so when his friends get shot ... that to me, we've gone too far. I'm proud of these kids. I know you're proud of these kids too."
Santorum responded by continuing to knock gun control efforts.
"I'm proud of them," he said. "But I think everyone should be responsible and deal with the problems that we have to confront in our lives. And ignoring those problems and saying they're not going to come to me and saying some phony gun law is gonna solve it. Phony gun laws don't solve these problems."

#1513845 --- 03/26/18 07:19 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

SO TRUE!

Charles M. Blow
&#8207;Verified account @CharlesMBlow
2h2 hours ago

Can I just say, once again, that if that Stormy Daniels interview had been about Obama it would have been OVER, and EVERY black man would have been deemed so DEPRAVED that no other would ever be president again!
228 replies 1,386 retweets 5,396 likes

#1513854 --- 03/27/18 02:59 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-determined-war-north-korea-131221984.html

Representative Joaquin Castro, a top Democrat on the Foreign Affairs Committee, said Tuesday that he believes President Donald Trump is determined to launch a war with North Korea. Castro made the comments in the aftermath of Trump tapping former ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton as his national security adviser to replace the departing H.R. McMaster. Bolton has argued that it is “perfectly legitimate” for the United States to launch a preemptive strike against North Korea.

“I just think that this president, based on everything that I've seen and heard, is determined at some point to go to war with North Korea," Castro said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe. Castro added that the appointment of Bolton "is an affirmation of that.”

Castro then laid out what he sees as the stark dangers of a conflict with North Korea. “You’re talking about at minimum hundreds of thousands of people dead, if not millions of people,” he said. “That’s what’s at stake here.”

North Korea has accelerated its development and testing of intercontinental ballistic missiles since Trump came into office, claiming that it can now strike anywhere in the U.S. The South Korean capital Seoul, home to 10 million people, is just 35 miles from the North Korean border, while South Korea is also the base to thousands of U.S. troops.

Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had traded insults and threats of nuclear war and annihilation for months before a sudden announcement earlier this month that the two leaders would sit down for a historic meeting in the coming months. There has been little development on that front, however, and Bolton’s selection has signified to many that the president may again be embracing a more hard-line approach.

Don't miss: Top Senators Urge Trump to Sell F-35 Jets to Taiwan to Fight Off Chinese Invasion

Trump President Donald Trump arrives at Andrews Air Force Base, in Maryland, on March 25. Trump has been accused of being determined to start a war with North Korea. His selection of John Bolton as national security adviser has only increased fears of a conflict. BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images

Castro added that the recent changes in the administration, which has also seen the departure of former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who advocated for a diplomacy-first approach, represent a worrying sign.

“There has to be some check and balance on the president, who is determined to go to war, and also you’d like to see people around the president who aren’t just yes-men or -women,” Castro said. “My fear with what's going on, the clearing out of this White House, from Secretary Tillerson, General McMaster and others, is that the president is basically clearing out anybody who isn’t subservient and obsequious to him and putting in people who are just going to say yes or who already agree with him anyway so there's no conflict at all.”

With recent developments, Castro said, it was now time for Congress to at least “talk about” legislation that would put a check on the president’s power to launch a pre-emptive strike.

This article was first written by Newsweek

#1513863 --- 03/28/18 11:28 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Except for Trump, they don't come any dumber than Santorum.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/...nntv/index.html

Former Sen. Rick Santorum said Wednesday he misspoke when suggesting earlier this week that students should learn CPR instead of advocating for gun control.

"I did misspeak in using the term CPR," the Pennsylvania Republican and CNN commentator told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day."
Santorum made headlines on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday when he made the CPR suggestion.
"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said Sunday.

CPR, or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is typically performed to keep blood and oxygen circulating throughout the body until further measures can be taken to restart the heart. A gunshot wound typically requires action to stanch bleeding.

He joked on Wednesday, "I think Sanjay Gupta's job here at CNN is probably safe as being the medical commentator on things."
Santorum went on to describe positives that have come out of gun control advocacy, like "organizations and people who have actually focused on what we can do ... to actually prevent these types of things."
Santorum's comments Sunday prompted a statement from Everytown for Gun Safety program manager Erica Lafferty, whose mother was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
"Rick Santorum's words are an insult to the kids of Parkland, my family and to the countless others who have had loved ones taken by gun violence," Lafferty said in a statement. "My mother was killed while protecting her students at Sandy Hook School. For anyone to suggest that the solution to gun violence is for kids to learn CPR is outrageous, and indicative of the NRA's desire to do or say anything except strengthen America's weak gun laws."

#1513865 --- 03/28/18 12:01 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

There was a time that I shudder to hear the adolescent rhetoric coming from the mouths of ignorant Republicans but as midterms approach, these words and actions stay fresh in the minds of intelligent voters when they enter a booth, clearly a GOP bloodbath is in the cards evident by the last 2 elections defeating Republican candidates.

#1513868 --- 03/28/18 04:52 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
There was a time that I shudder to hear the adolescent rhetoric coming from the mouths of ignorant Republicans but as midterms approach, these words and actions stay fresh in the minds of intelligent voters when they enter a booth, clearly a GOP bloodbath is in the cards evident by the last 2 elections defeating Republican candidates.
Three - VA, Al, and PA. grin

#1513870 --- 03/28/18 07:07 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

The more, the merrier!!!!! laugh

#1513920 --- 03/31/18 03:51 PM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

EVEN FOX NEWS KNOWS THAT TRUMPS IS AN IDIOT. CAN'T TRUMP UNDERSTAND THIS?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/...g-billions.html

President Trump reignited his feud with Amazon on Saturday arguing that the online retailer’s “scam” shipping deal with the U.S. Postal Service is costing the agency “billions of dollars.”

“It is reported that the U.S. Post Office will lose $1.50 on average for each package it delivers for Amazon. That amounts to Billions of Dollars,” Trump said over two tweets. “If the P.O. ‘increases its parcel rates, Amazon’s shipping costs would rise by $2.6 Billion.’ This Post Office scam must stop. Amazon must pay real costs (and taxes) now!”

The tweets suggest Trump got his information from The New York Times and attack the “Fake Washington Post,” which continues to be critical of Trump’s administration and is owned by Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.

The president’s tweets on Saturday also suggest Amazon is not paying its fair share of sales tax and that the Post’s “lobbying staff” has “ballooned” in efforts to keep favorable tax laws and the Postal Service deal.

However, federal regulators have found the contract with Amazon to be profitable.

“I have stated my concerns with Amazon long before the Election,” Trump tweeted Thursday. “Unlike others, they pay little or no taxes to state & local governments, use our Postal System as their Delivery Boy (causing tremendous loss to the U.S.), and are putting many thousands of retailers out of business!”

The Post and Bezos have responded to Trump's lobbyist claims in the past by declaring that Bezos is not involved in any journalistic decisions at the paper.

Amazon.com, Inc., and the newspaper declined to comment Saturday.

Amazon lives and dies by shipping, and an increase in the rates it pays could certainly do some damage. Amazon sends packages via the post office, FedEx, UPS and other services.

But while the U.S. Postal Service has lost money for 11 years, package delivery -- which has been a bright spot for the service -- is not the reason.

Boosted by e-commerce, the Postal Service has experienced double-digit increases in revenue from delivering packages, but that hasn't been enough to offset pension and health care costs as well as declines in first-class letters and marketing mail.

Together, letters and marketing mail make up more than two-thirds of postal revenue.

In arguing that the Postal Service is losing money on delivering packages for Amazon, Trump appears to be citing some Wall Street analysis that argue the Postal Service's formula for calculating its costs is outdated. A 2017 analysis by Citigroup did conclude that the Postal Service was charging below market rates as a whole on parcels.

Still, federal regulators have reviewed the Amazon contract with the Postal Service each year and determined it to be profitable.

#1513921 --- 04/01/18 06:10 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...er-nazi-germany

Anne Frank Centre warns of 'alarming parallels' between Trump's America and Hitler's Germany

The human rights group compared Donald Trump's Presidency to the 'escalating steps of oppression' that led to the Holocaust

#1513923 --- 04/01/18 08:23 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

This idiot creates his own diversionary scenarios only for the sake of defending his dysfunctional antics which are destroying our country. Some place in his pea brain, he thinks that by creating false rumors, people will buy into them (well some Conservatives supporters do) where in actuality the fool comes across even more incredulous and half baked.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/technology/trump-tweets-about-amazon-taxes/index.html

#1513994 --- 04/05/18 10:56 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/politics/trump-border-crossings-contradiction/index.html

Trump wants it both ways on border crossings

Analysis by Z. Byron Wolf, CNN

The point is that in justifying his deploying of the National Guard, Trump's DHS secretary is pointing to a dangerous surge, but that in his tweet, Trump still wants credit for success.
In the proclamation authorizing deploying the National Guard, Trump ignores specific data of border crossings, but rather cites general "lawlessness" at the border and specifically argues that the flow of drugs and the gang MS-13 compel him to act.

It's worth reading that portion of his proclamation:
The security of the United States is imperiled by a drastic surge of illegal activity on the southern border. Large quantities of fentanyl, other opioids, and other dangerous and illicit drugs are flowing across our southern border and into our country at unprecedented levels, destroying the lives of our families and loved ones. Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) and other deadly transnational gangs are systematically exploiting our unsecured southern border to enter our country and develop operational capacity in American communities throughout the country. The anticipated rapid rise in illegal crossings as we head into the spring and summer months threatens to overwhelm our Nation's law enforcement capacities.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Trump has pivoted in April to a hard focus on the border and his frustration with Congress. That he also has an eye on midterm elections, where Republicans are facing headwinds, and how that issue will play with the voters who put him in the White House, has been documented by CNN's Jeremy Diamond.

But stoking fear about border crossings will be more difficult for him if he also wants to argue that he's been effective at keeping border crossings down.

#1514034 --- 04/07/18 03:21 AM Re: "the mood is ugly" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/06/epa-scott-pruitt-employees-467487

Inside the EPA: ‘It’s just a slow-motion train wreck’

‘Everybody is out for themselves right now,’ says one employee in an agency where people are fretting about leaks and Scott Pruitt’s scandals.

By EMILY HOLDEN

04/06/2018 05:50 PM EDT Updated 04/06/2018 08:31 PM EDT

Page 34 of 67 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 66 67 >