FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#1498565 --- 05/10/17 03:07 PM GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Iowa Congressman Rod Blum Storms Out Of Interview.

On Monday, Republican Iowa Representative Rod Blum sat down with KCRG-TV’s chief investigative reporter, Josh Scheinblum, to discuss an upcoming town hall and couldn’t even make it past three questions. Scheinblum first challenged Blum on why he’s checking people’s IDs at the event. “We want people from the first district to be at our town halls, we don’t want people from outside of the first district,” Blum said. Scheinblum countered that Blum represents “all Iowans” because the decisions he makes in Congress affect the entire state.

Video:
https://youtu.be/HLHrPik1Aog

FingerLakes1.com
#1498652 --- 05/11/17 11:03 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

WATCH: Fox News Reporter Flees When Interview Goes Hilariously Wrong:

A “Fox & Friends” segment went off the rails early Thursday when a man in a Maryland diner expressed an opinion not heard very often on the network.

The diner wondered aloud if President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI director James Comey had something to do with the investigation into Russia, and the interviewer then ended the exchange rather quickly.

Video:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-...kushpmg00000009

#1498671 --- 05/12/17 07:18 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Forty years ago Sunday, then-President Richard Nixon first uttered the now infamous phrase, "I am not a crook." Nixon made the declaration during a press conference in Orlando, Fla., amid charges related to the Watergate break-in and subsequent scandal.

George Takei‏Verified account @GeorgeTakei 55m55 minutes ago

"I am not under investigation" is the new "I am not a crook."
91 replies 1,287 retweets 3,852 likes

He said it once at dinner and then he said it twice during phone calls.” Trump says Comey told him 3 times he “was not under investigation”

#1498672 --- 05/12/17 07:22 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews 1h1 hour ago

Long before Pres. Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, he asked him for his personal loyalty, sources tell CBS News http://cbsn.ws/2pFbSJC

#1498673 --- 05/12/17 07:23 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
Another Resistance Fail: Democrat Loses Omaha Mayoral Race
Matt Vespa

Remember Health Mello? He’s the Democrat who ran in Omaha, Nebraska’s mayoral race that voted for a sonogram bill when he was a member of the state legislature. It caused great heartburn for the Left, who are going through an identity crisis over whether to be a pure pro-abortion party, or accept that in some races—you might have to back a pro-life Democrat to win. Pro-life Democrats make up a sizable chunk, around 25 percent, of the Democratic Party. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) supported Mello’s candidacy, which irked his progressive following, though the darling of the Left said in order to protect a woman’s access to abortion—Democrats need to win again. That hasn’t happened yet.

Follow
Guy Benson ✔ @guypbenson
RESIST: Dems go 0/4 in special elections targeting Republicans (all in blue states) since Trump's November victory.https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/03/02/resist-since-trumps-win-democrats-have-flipped-zero-seats-in-three-blue-state-special-elections-n2292477 …
10:28 AM - 3 Mar 2017
184 184 Retweets 288 288 likes
In the era of rambunctious town halls and left wing grassroots energy, you would think the Indivisible crowd would, you know—win some elections. They haven’t. Mello lost the mayoral race Tuesday, marking zero wins Democrats have racked up so far in the Trump era. This loss is just another reminder to the left that their messaging is, well—too nutty for most of Middle America (via AP):

Democrats again fell just short in a closely-watched election as Heath Mello lost the Omaha mayoral race on Tuesday after a fierce debate within the national party over his anti-abortion views.
His loss was a setback for supporters who argued that the Democratic National Committee and abortion rights groups were wrong to attack the anti-abortion former state senator.
It was also another near miss for Democrats fighting in typically Republican territory since Donald Trump’s presidential election victory. Democrats lost a special election for a House seat in Kansas and narrowly missed an outright win in a special election in Georgia.
Mello, a 37-year-old Catholic from Omaha’s working-class south side, had become a flashpoint for the internal Democratic battle over whether a candidate’s position on reproductive rights should disqualify him from support by the national party after its crushing losses around the country last year.
Tuesday, Mello acknowledged the “completely different dynamic” the campaign took on in the closing weeks, but noted what he described as unified support across ideological lines.
Well, obviously not since you lost, Mello. Republican Jean Stothert was re-elected to a second term.

#1498679 --- 05/12/17 08:35 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Democrats again fell just short in a closely-watched election as Heath Mello lost the Omaha mayoral race
Dens are losing close elections in deep red states. Once they win one, it will be an political earthquake.

#1498681 --- 05/12/17 09:37 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: kyle585
Democrats again fell just short in a closely-watched election as Heath Mello lost the Omaha mayoral race
Dens are losing close elections in deep red states. Once they win one, it will be an political earthquake.

laugh This was an election for a mayor. Nice try on the spin though. laugh

#1498684 --- 05/12/17 10:15 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis

The earthquake already happened, and the Democratics were buried!

#1498688 --- 05/12/17 02:29 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/r...cy-942348355968

Rep. Elijah Cummings: ‘Cannot let one man destroy democracy’

#1499975 --- 06/14/17 07:22 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...on-jobs-n772406

Jun 14 2017, 2:55 pm ET

The American Health Care Act, the GOP’s answer to Obamacare, could end up costing the U.S. economy close to 1 million jobs, researchers predicted Wednesday.

The bill, if passed as written by the House of Representatives, would start out boosting jobs and increasing economic output because it would cut taxes, the team at George Washington and The Commonwealth Fund found.

But that would change fast, the experts forecast.

“The AHCA would initially cause a brief spurt of economic growth from tax cuts, which primarily help those with high incomes,” said Leighton Ku, director of the Center for Health Policy Research at the Milken Institute School of Public Health at GW, who led the study team.

“However, cuts in funding for Medicaid and health subsidies then begin to deepen, triggering sharp job losses and broad disruption of state economies in the following years,” Ku added.

“Within a decade, almost a million fewer people would have jobs. The downturn would hit the health care sector and states that expanded Medicaid the hardest.”

#1500003 --- 06/15/17 08:32 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Mr. Cummings, is part of the problem, and he needs to retire, he's way pass his usefulness for the American people.

#1500004 --- 06/15/17 08:39 AM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

Mr. Cummings, is part of the problem, and he needs to retire, he's way pass his usefulness for the American people.
Is there any member of congress that you think is not part of the problem and should stay in office?

#1500018 --- 06/15/17 12:46 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Is there any member of congress that you think is not part of the problem and should stay in office? [/quote]

Probably none of the current members should stay, but that's not being realistic, Kyle.

In my opinion is, if you have than two terms in, its time to find a new job, that includes state, and local governments.

#1500022 --- 06/15/17 01:32 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Probably none of the current members should stay, but that's not being realistic, Kyle.

In my opinion is, if you have than two terms in, its time to find a new job, that includes state, and local governments.
So if you are a House member for four years, you should not run for re-election? There are a lot of good people in other fields who will not give up that field for two two year terms. Getting back into their other field is not that easy.

#1500023 --- 06/15/17 01:33 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Many local jobs such a school boards people on there for years and run unopposed because no one else wants the job.

#1500026 --- 06/15/17 02:35 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Many local jobs such a school boards people on there for years and run unopposed because no one else wants the job.

Funny, you sounds like your a local politician!

#1500029 --- 06/15/17 02:40 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Funny, you sounds like your a local politician!
I can't stay what you sound like or I could be banned from here.

#1500055 --- 06/15/17 06:57 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Yeah, I'm not surprised, you're a typical Liberal.

#1500058 --- 06/15/17 07:20 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

From JFK.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-if-by-a-liberal-they-mean-someone-who-looks-ahead

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

#1500064 --- 06/15/17 08:21 PM Re: GOP Can't Look Them in Eyes [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

From JFK.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-if-by-a-liberal-they-mean-someone-who-looks-ahead

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
No Kyle! Liberal is big government, over regulation,huge deficits and big handouts for everybody!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >