FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#1442378 --- 03/31/14 12:03 AM State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
You and your family are eating it. Do you know what it does to your body and brain and that of a growing baby/child?

http://responsibletechnology.org/docs/145.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbACx-Dq...feature=mh_lolz

FingerLakes1.com
#1442385 --- 03/31/14 01:17 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

#1442579 --- 03/31/14 05:45 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Originally Posted By: MissingArty
You and your family are eating it. Do you know what it does to your body and brain and that of a growing baby/child?

http://responsibletechnology.org/docs/145.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbACx-Dq...feature=mh_lolz

LOL...after someone has eaten enough junk food, such as GM food, I'm not sure she's capable of knowing much of anything.

#1445542 --- 04/23/14 02:56 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
Festus Offline

Loc: On yer nerves.

#1449945 --- 06/07/14 11:47 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Hopefully, this crook will have a...well, I can't say because the NSA is...well, you know.

#1449968 --- 06/08/14 09:18 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
China protects its massive Army from GMOs

by Jon Rappoport

June 4, 2014

www.nomorefakenews.com

Worldwide sentiment is shifting against Monsanto and GMO food crops. And China is making major moves.

At sustainablepulse.com, we have this May 14, 2014, article: “Chinese Army Bans All GMO Grains and Oil from Supply Stations”:

“The Chinese army has ordered all military supply stations to only allow the purchase of non-GMO grain and food oil due to health safety concerns over GMOs.

“This move by the Chinese army is being seen as yet another step towards the Chinese government’s expected ban on the import of all GMO grains and oilseeds within the next 2 years, due to growing public concern over GMOs. The expected ban would be a huge blow to the Biotech industry worldwide.

“The Hubei Province Xiangyang City Grain Bureau’s website announced on May 6, 2014:

“’During recent years, as China’s grain and oil market has continuously developed, certain GMO grain and GMO food oil products have entered the market. In view that the safety concerns about GMO grain and oil products in China at present has not yet been determined, in order to overall assure the health of military members residing in our city and safety of their drinks and food, in accordance to the request from the Guangzhou Military Command Joint Logistics Department and the Provincial Military Grain & Food Oil Supply Center, from this date all military supply stations are allowed to only purchase non-GMO grain and food oil products from the designated processing enterprises. It is forbidden to supply GMO grain and food oil products to military units within their administration areas.

“’Chen I-wan, an Advisor to the Committee of Disaster History to the China Disaster Prevention Association has stated: “The army has established [an] excellent model for people of the whole nation: No GMO staple food and GMO food oil should enter the army food supply.”

China—protecting its Army from GMOs. And soon, perhaps the entire population of the country.

Apparently, Chinese GMO science differs from American GMO science, where a mere nod and a wink between the FDA and Monsanto, 20 years ago, launched a big Ag revolution that continues to contaminate US lands.

China, by the way, is home to 20% of the world’s population. “GMO-free China” has an interesting ring. Which domino will fall next? India, where 17% of the Earth’s people live, where farmers who have been duped and bankrupted by Monsanto, have been committing suicide in large numbers?

Then there is Russia. Putin recently declared, in reference to a possible ban on GMOs: “We need to properly construct our work so that it is not contrary to our obligations under the WTO. But even with this in mind, we nevertheless have legitimate methods and instruments to protect our own market, and above all citizens.”

Likewise, groups in Africa are pushing back against the US/Monsanto/Bill Gates plan to flood the continent with GMO crops.

In all these cases, world leaders outside the US are seeing the GMO sell-job as an attempt to extend American hegemony, through what amounts to an act of war.

Well, what else would you call artificial gene-contamination and poisoning by herbicides?

Jon Rappoport

#1449975 --- 06/09/14 06:13 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: VM Smith]
cwjga Online   content

Loc: NY
Whew, thank god there wont be any DNA transferred in China. laugh

#1450864 --- 06/16/14 06:47 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Online   content

#1456170 --- 08/02/14 09:33 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Online   content

With 2000+ global studies affirming safety, GM foods among most analyzed subjects in science
JoAnna Wendel | October 8, 2013 | Genetic Literacy Project
via Real Clear Science, Shutterstockvia Real Clear Science, Shutterstock
“The science just hasn’t been done.”

- Charles Benbrook, organic researcher, Washington State University.

“There is no credible evidence that GMO foods are safe to eat.”

- David Schubert, Salk Institute of Biological Studies

“[The] research [on GMOs] is scant…. Whether they’re killing us slowly— contributing to long-term, chronic maladies—remains anyone’s guess.”

- Tom Philpott, Mother Jones

“Genetically modified (GM) foods should be a concern for those who suffer from food allergies because they are not tested….”

- Organic Consumers Association

A popular weapon used by those critical of agricultural biotechnology is to claim that there has been little to no evaluation of the safety of GM crops and there is no scientific consensus on this issue.

Those claims are simply not true. Every major international science body in the world has reviewed multiple independent studies—in some cases numbering in the hundreds—in coming to the consensus conclusion that GMO crops are as safe or safer than conventional or organic foods, but the magnitude of the research has never been evaluated or documented.

Still the claim that GMOs are ‘understudied’—the meme represented in the quotes highlighted at the beginning of this article—has become a staple of anti-GMO critics, especially activist journalists. In response to what they believed was an information gap, a team of Italian scientists cataloged and analyzed 1783 studies about the safety and environmental impacts of GMO foods—a staggering number.

The researchers couldn’t find a single credible example demonstrating that GM foods pose any harm to humans or animals. “The scientific research conducted so far has not detected any significant hazards directly connected with the use of genetically engineered crops,” the scientists concluded.

The research review, published in Critical Reviews in Biotechnology in September, spanned only the last decade—from 2002 to 2012—which represents only about a third of the lifetime of GM technology.

“Our goal was to create a single document where interested people of all levels of expertise can get an overview on what has been done by scientists regarding GE crop safety,” lead researcher Alessandro Nicolia, applied biologist at the University of Perugia, told Real Clear Science. “We tried to give a balanced view informing about what has been debated, the conclusions reached so far, and emerging issues.”

The conclusions are also striking because European governments, Italy in particular, have not been as embracing of genetically modified crops as has North and South America, although the consensus of European scientists has been generally positive.

The Italian review not only compiled independent research on GMOs over the last ten years but also summarizes findings in the different categories of GM research: general literature, environmental impact, safety of consumption and traceability.

The “general literature” category of studies largely reveals the differences between the US, EU and other countries when it comes to regulating GM crops. Due to lack of uniform regulatory practices and the rise of non-scientific rhetoric, Nicolia and his colleagues report, concern about GMOs has been greatly exaggerated.

Environmental impact studies are predominant in the body of GM research, making up 68% of the 1,783 studies. These studies investigated environmental impact on the crop-level, farm-level and landscape-level. Nicolia and his team found “little to no evidence” that GM crops have a negative environmental impact on their surroundings.

One of the fastest growing areas of research is in gene flow, the potential for genes from GM crops to be found—“contaminate” in the parlance of activists—in non-GM crops in neighboring fields. Nicolia and his colleagues report that this has been observed, and scientists have been studying ways to reduce this risk with different strategies such as isolation distances and post-harvest practices. The review notes that gene flow is not unique to GM technology and is commonly seen in wild plants and non-GM crops. While gene flow could certainly benefit from more research, Nicolia and his colleagues suggest, the public’s aversion to field trials discourages many scientists, especially in the EU.

In the food and feeding category, the team found no evidence that approved GMOs introduce any unique allergens or toxins into the food supply. All GM crops are tested against a database of all known allergens before commercialization and any crop found containing new allergens is not approved or marketed.

The researchers also address the safety of transcribed RNA from transgenic DNA. Are scientists fiddling with the ‘natural order’ of life? In fact, humans consume between 0.1 and 1 gram of DNA per day, from both GM and non-GM ingredients. This DNA is generally degraded by food processing, and any surviving DNA is then subsequently degraded in the digestive system. No evidence was found that DNA absorbed through the GI tract could be integrated into human cells—a popular anti-GMO criticism.

These 1783 studies are expected to be merged into the public database known as GENERA (Genetic Engineering Risk Atlas) being built by Biofortified, an independent non-profit website. Officially launched in 2012, GENERA includes peer-reviewed journal articles from different aspects of GM research, including basic genetics, feeding studies, environmental impact and nutritional impact. GENERA has more than 650 studies listed so far, many of which also show up in the new database. When merged, there should be well over 2000 GMO related studies, a sizable percentage—as many as 1000—that have been independently executed by independent scientists.

In short, genetically modified foods are among the most extensively studied scientific subjects in history. This year celebrates the 30th anniversary of GM technology, and the paper’s conclusion is unequivocal: there is no credible evidence that GMOs pose any unique threat to the environment or the public’s health. The reason for the public’s distrust of GMOs lies in psychology, politics and false debates.

#1459336 --- 09/17/14 09:19 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

"There’s something strange about a farm that intentionally creates a biological desert to produce food for one species: us. It’s efficient, yes. But it’s so efficient that the ants are missing, the bees are missing, and even the birds stay away. Something’s not right here. Our cornfields are too quiet.”

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/How_Roundup_Poisoned_My_Nature_Reserve.php#.VBm0hbSIMIM.facebook

#1459357 --- 09/18/14 12:22 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Online   content

#1459358 --- 09/18/14 12:24 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Online   content

Core Truths: 10 Common GMO Claims Debunked
Genetically modified organisms have become the world’s most controversial food. But the science is more clear-cut.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/core-truths-10-common-gmo-claims-debunked

#1460664 --- 10/06/14 05:19 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

The devil's hands have been busy.

Both of your links are replete with false arguments, sketchy analogy, half-truths, apologetics, suggestion by convenient omission of critical data.

I just love how they use qualifiers without even touching on the rest of the story, and best of all... no citations.

Brilliant. crazy

#1460950 --- 10/08/14 09:09 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Timbo, you have to take a look at who did the study. If you take a look at "Genetic Roulette," you'll get the history behind gmo.

Politicians, George Sr.'s administration, gave the go ahead for gmo to be approved without the usually required testing by the FDA. Biotech was allowed to submit their own science. No other reviews were done.

Also, see Thom Hartmann's "Science for Sale." A corporation with unlimited cash can buy anything they want, even science, from the Weinburg Group. (Start at 2:00, it's about 10 minutes.)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/688124#play-queued-show-by-original_premiere_date-asc

If gmo food is safe then:

1. why are they (chemical and food companies) spending millions of dollars to fight your right to know gmo's are in your food;

2. why will they not let their seed be studied by independent scientists;

3. why do animals die after eating gmo cotton? Remember, this is the cotton you place on yourself and your children everyday. This is the cotton clothing you buy at Wal-Mart and Carters. This cotton is gmo'd, meaning they frankensteined the seed so that the pesticide grows right with the plant. You can't wash it out. Bet you never thought that the simple task of putting a t shirt on could harm you and your baby.

If there gmo seed/food is so safe, what do they have to hide?

Do you people care so little about your families that you won't even take the time to check it out yourself? Look at the shape your country and county is in. You trust these people will make sure no harm comes to your family?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwnjsY2hn0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBOuHdpOXbc

Gmos and Gluten:

http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/12462-n...cans.html?c=tca

Why am I so convinced that these foods are bad? I did my own experiment. I stopped eating gmo food. I haven't seen Dr. Lorenzetti in almost two years. I don't need gerd drugs for acid reflux anymore because I don't have acid reflux anymore.

Why am I hell bend on educating you? I care about my family and I'm mad as hell that this has been done to our children. You people have no idea what this is doing to your children.

There is another documentary coming out on October 10th, "Bought." Maybe that will open some eyes.

http://ykr.be/7o2aiv553

#1460953 --- 10/08/14 09:19 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

What does Vietnam and Agent Orange have to do with gmo food: Monsanto. Who created gmo food: Monsanto. Who is growing your food: Monsanto.

(Yes, shills, I know it's not just Monsanto. Fyi, when I refer to Monsanto in my posts, I am referring to all the chemical companies involved in poisoning us, Monsanto, Dow, DuPont, Syngenta, Bayer...)

From a Vietnam Veteran's daughter:

"I have been sitting on this information for several weeks now. Un-sure of how to present it to thousands of people, I have spent many hours becoming familiar with the project. It is an amazing piece of work that I have been navigating like a video game of sorts. I am offering this to all of you now so that everyone has an idea of what is going on in our World, Nation, States, Cities, and Towns behind closed doors. I have started everyone with Monsanto’s Map. Each line draws a connection to another company. Each chair is yet another connection. Everything is “clickable” as well as allowing you to move the screen…Yes that’s correct, tap your mouse of the screen and drag it left right down up, and you will see the map expand.

After you become familiar with the idea of what you are navigating, Take your attention to the left hand side of the page. There you will find a world of links that you can learn to use individually. As an example, If you click on “companies” Box A and Box B will appear. You can then scroll on a list of companies to choose to see if they are connected to each other.
Please be patient when the program loads, after you watch the introduction, you will without a doubt know what you are seeing in front of your own eyes."

http://covvha.net/monsanto-exposed-the-biggest-secrets-of-one-of-the-worlds-most-hated-corporations/

#1460996 --- 10/09/14 10:56 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Timbo, you have to take a look at who did the study. If you take a look at "Genetic Roulette," you'll get the history behind gmo.

Politicians, George Sr.'s administration, gave the go ahead for gmo to be approved without the usually required testing by the FDA. Biotech was allowed to submit their own science. No other reviews were done.

Also, see Thom Hartmann's "Science for Sale." A corporation with unlimited cash can buy anything they want, even science, from the Weinburg Group. (Start at 2:00, it's about 10 minutes.)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/688124#play-queued-show-by-original_premiere_date-asc

If gmo food is safe then:

1. why are they (chemical and food companies) spending millions of dollars to fight your right to know gmo's are in your food;

2. why will they not let their seed be studied by independent scientists;

3. why do animals die after eating gmo cotton? Remember, this is the cotton you place on yourself and your children everyday. This is the cotton clothing you buy at Wal-Mart and Carters. This cotton is gmo'd, meaning they frankensteined the seed so that the pesticide grows right with the plant. You can't wash it out. Bet you never thought that the simple task of putting a t shirt on could harm you and your baby.

If there gmo seed/food is so safe, what do they have to hide?

Do you people care so little about your families that you won't even take the time to check it out yourself? Look at the shape your country and county is in. You trust these people will make sure no harm comes to your family?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwnjsY2hn0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBOuHdpOXbc

Gmos and Gluten:

http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/12462-n...cans.html?c=tca

Why am I so convinced that these foods are bad? I did my own experiment. I stopped eating gmo food. I haven't seen Dr. Lorenzetti in almost two years. I don't need gerd drugs for acid reflux anymore because I don't have acid reflux anymore.

Why am I hell bend on educating you? I care about my family and I'm mad as hell that this has been done to our children. You people have no idea what this is doing to your children.

There is another documentary coming out on October 10th, "Bought." Maybe that will open some eyes.

http://ykr.be/7o2aiv553

You seem to be under the false impression that I'm taking sides either way, I'm not.

I'm taking issue with someone who habitually posits accusations while offering no facts, citations or evidence to back up OBVIOUS allegations. I don't care which side of that argument it falls on. His post is completely void of veracity. Especially in light of the extensive use of false arguments. A tool regularly used by those coming from a weak position. At the very least, it's just glaringly lazy editorialization. At it's worst, it's knowingly deceptive propaganda.

There are facts, and there are opinions. Neither should be passed off as the other. Period.

Furthermore, as someone with a strong science foundation, you would be well-served to bear in mind, that I know a thing or two about GMOs, genetics and the resultant effect on our health by way of their presence in the environment.

FYI: Your statement claiming that "No other reviews were done", is simply not accurate. While personally, I'm no fan of the US government's regulations concerning food-based GMOs, I AM a fan of the facts (whatever they turn out to be).

Just sayin'.

#1461137 --- 10/10/14 10:54 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Alright, could you link me to those reviews. It's my understanding that the fda did no testing because gmo food is "substantially equivalent" to real food.

Yes, I know Monsanto submitted their own studies that they conducted on rats, not humans, for a period of 90 days.

Where are the independent studies that show gmo's had been tested on humans and they are safe? Who did the study? Who paid for it?

The science that is most important to me is the science experiment I did on myself. The symptoms I had went away after I stopped eating gmo food. When I ate gmo food, I got the symptoms again. When I tasted my granddaughter's gmo baby formula, I got stomach pains.

At Moms Across America there are videos from parents whose babies and children were cured of their symptoms after eliminating gmo food.

My message to parents is don't leave the health of your child in the hands of anyone else but yourself. Do your homework.

#1461224 --- 10/13/14 06:12 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Online   content

#1461995 --- 10/22/14 01:01 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Zen Honeycutt explains gmo's to parents in six minutes.

You have the right to read, research and decide for yourself and your children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJE2OkRH0s

#1461998 --- 10/22/14 06:33 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Online   content

Zen Honeycutt explains gmo's to parents in six minutes.

You have the right to read, research and decide for yourself and your children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJE2OkRH0s

Just make sure you read and research all sides and listen to people that know what they are talking about. This lady can't even get the definition right.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 ... 50 51 >