FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1497770 --- 04/14/17 07:19 AM PY tax increase
yipes Offline

Loc: NY
Buried on page A9 of the April 12th Chronicle-Express is the article noting that the village of PY is increasing the tax rate by 6.08%. This is being applied in Benton as a 2.3% increase, 5.5% in Milo, 7.9% in Jerusalem. So much for the blessed `tax cap'. It notes that one of the biggest increases is from the fire department equipment reserve fund. It is also anticipating a whopping 12% increase for health care & dental benefits. Anyone know if the village employees have the Cadillac plan or a high deductible version? Is the dental plan optional or included? Thinking it may be time to revisit the dissolution of the village once again. How much longer can we sustain this pace of tax increase? Just throwing it out there!

FingerLakes1.com
#1498522 --- 05/09/17 01:36 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
gassy one Offline

Do you really think the VB would let employees have a high deductible plan when most of them are on it too!

#1498620 --- 05/11/17 01:22 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
Dear Gassy One: I have reviewed many of your posts and find them absolutely nauseating. What are you a Russian troll? Let's see, you hate Clinton and Obama, hate people on entitlements, and you are just plain mean and arrogant. Tell me, exactly how many of the village trustees are on the village's health Insurance plan?

#1498648 --- 05/11/17 10:11 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: C.I.Brown]
gassy one Offline

A liberal you are! You love Clinton & Obama and like handing out taxpayer money to people to lazy to work! As far as village trustees one is to many for health insurance! They don't deserve health insurance for as little as they do! Plus when they do something they screw it up costing thousands in legal fees to straighten it out! As far as my posts don't read them if you don't like them! Pretty easy solution! Even a liberal should be able to figure that out!

#1498680 --- 05/12/17 08:55 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
C.I.Brown Offline

What makes you think that I am a liberal? We all knows what happens when you ASSume. Actually, I asked a trick question. FYI, there is only one trustee on the Village's health plan. I say paying for his health insurance is a mere pittance for the outstanding service for his many years as a dedicated trustee and fireman. What do you do for your community? Calling me a liberal from observing one post would be like me calling you a white supremist Nazi from your post, but I won't do that. Please take an anger management course.

#1498696 --- 05/12/17 09:09 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: C.I.Brown]
gassy one Offline

Anger management for expressing my opinion that you don't like! If you are talking about Willie I think Hawley would paint a different picture of him! LOL!

#1498721 --- 05/13/17 05:31 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
C.I.Brown Offline

Really? You listen to Hawley?

#1498746 --- 05/13/17 09:18 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: C.I.Brown]
gassy one Offline

Actually Hawley has made sure the VB does things the right way instead of taking care of The Good Ole Boys as has been done in the past!

#1498850 --- 05/16/17 11:32 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: gassy one]
gassy one Offline

As far as the tax increase I'm sure there are places to cut spending! The first place I would cut is the police dispatcher they have during the day! Turn everything over to the 911 center! If the 911 center can handle it for 16 hrs. per day I think they can handle it for 24 hrs.!

#1498933 --- 05/17/17 03:26 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Gassy one, She not only dispatches officers during the day, she does intake when people walk into the Police department needing information. She also takes parking ticket money, answers non emergency phone calls and also plays secretary to the Police Chief when needed. When she is busy she defers to the 911 dispatch.

#1498938 --- 05/17/17 09:44 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

If we got rid of the equipment and sold it the taxpayers wouldn't have the cost of maintaining it an village might even make a little money too!

#1498981 --- 05/18/17 08:51 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
Mean Gene Offline

gassy, the PYPD has always been a pretty bare bones operation. They continue to provide 24/7/365 police services with pretty much the same manpower they had back in the late seventies.
The base radio at the PD exists and is not a big cost item.

If you were to compare staffing changes over the years with other departments you would see dramatic differences.

#1499001 --- 05/18/17 08:09 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

I agree with you Gene! But you have to start somewhere! I was in the village office recently and can't believe we have that many village employees in there!

#1499027 --- 05/19/17 08:49 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: yipes]
Mean Gene Offline

I know at least three of them are dedicated to Penn Yan Municipal utilities. Tax dollars don't pay their salaries, our utility bills do. When I was working and used to go up front they all seemed to be keeping pretty busy. Not having to run that village office operation I would not hazard a guess as to adequate staffing.

#1499052 --- 05/20/17 06:26 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: C.I.Brown]
leeoh Offline

Loc: dundee
Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
What makes you think that I am a liberal? We all knows what happens when you ASSume. Actually, I asked a trick question. FYI, there is only one trustee on the Village's health plan. I say paying for his health insurance is a mere pittance for the outstanding service for his many years as a dedicated trustee and fireman. What do you do for your community? Calling me a liberal from observing one post would be like me calling you a white supremist Nazi from your post, but I won't do that. Please take an anger management course.
Right that one trustee doesn't even live in the village and he was one of the main players in the missing of hundreds of thousands of $$$ from the fire department. You failed to mention that your husband and Reeves both collect a $2,400 check from the village taxpayers every year because both of them have their own insurance, these two trustees passed a resolution two years ago "Grand fathering" them this $2,400 claiming they are now saving the taxpayers money, just freeloaders.

Edited by leeoh (05/20/17 06:27 AM)

#1499067 --- 05/20/17 09:03 PM Re: PY tax increase [Re: leeoh]
gassy one Offline

Hmmm? I wonder why she didn't mention this?? Hawley on the job again!!! GOOD MAN!!!

#1499277 --- 05/25/17 11:43 AM Re: PY tax increase [Re: C.I.Brown]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
I would say $2400 for your old man and Reeves is pretty good pay for all the screw ups they do!