FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
#1499395 --- 05/29/17 08:15 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

The fact that you may be partially correct about NATO often getting a free ride on the back of The US, in no conceivable way changes the fact that Trump is an ignorant, petulant man-child with clear signs of advanced mental incapacitation, as the true reason that most of the developed world hates him.
No they hate him because he puts America first and doesn't take any crap from other nations making them pay their fair share instead of us American taxpayers being their welfare account!

FingerLakes1.com
#1499397 --- 05/29/17 08:17 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: gassy one
Clinton lost the election because of her own stupidity! She is just another arrogant liberal who thought there was no way she was going to lose thinking the rust belt states were hers for the taking! She seemingly forgot she stabbed all these people in the back favoring trade deals that cost many Americans their jobs! She got what she deserved! It's so nice to see some of these arrogant self centered people get knocked off their pulpit! GO TRUMP GO!!

No. That's your opinion (and a highly uninformed one at that).

The points that I made are each easily verifiable FACTS. And I'll take facts over childishly simplistic, reactionary, emotional, knee-jerk responses ANY day of the week.

But at least no one has ever accused Trump of being arrogant.
crazy

#1499398 --- 05/29/17 08:19 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Clinton lost the election because of her own stupidity! She is just another arrogant liberal who thought there was no way she was going to lose thinking the rust belt states were hers for the taking! She seemingly forgot she stabbed all these people in the back favoring trade deals that cost many Americans their jobs! She got what she deserved! It's so nice to see some of these arrogant self centered people get knocked off their pulpit! GO TRUMP GO!!

No. That's your opinion (and a highly uninformed one at that).

The points that I made are each easily verifiable FACTS. And I'll take facts over childishly simplistic, reactionary emotional responses, ANY day of the week.
They are facts in your small liberalized mind BIMBO!

#1499399 --- 05/29/17 08:24 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Translation: I know you are but what am I? crazy

#1499422 --- 05/30/17 11:03 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Sure not a liberal!

#1499425 --- 05/30/17 11:07 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there

Sure not a liberal!
No I am sure you are not a liberal. A quote from John Kennedy.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-if-by-a-liberal-they-mean-someone-who-looks-ahead

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

#1499452 --- 05/31/17 04:21 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

No they hate him because he puts America first
Great. Use your big mouth to solve this problem Trump.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lauer-pre...-s-generals-do/

Donald Trump has said quite a few things over the last year that have caught voters and analysts off-guard, but when he said, “I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me,” it was really shocking

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/asia/kabul-explosion-hits-diplomatic-area/index.html

A suicide bomb attack hit near the German Embassy in Kabul during rush hour Wednesday morning, killing 80 people close to a highly secure diplomatic area, Afghan officials said.
In addition to the fatalities, 300 others were injured, the health ministry said.

#1499454 --- 05/31/17 08:18 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585

Donald Trump has said quite a few things over the last year that have caught voters and analysts off-guard, but when he said, “I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me,” it was really shocking

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/asia/kabul-explosion-hits-diplomatic-area/index.html

A suicide bomb attack hit near the German Embassy in Kabul during rush hour Wednesday morning, killing 80 people close to a highly secure diplomatic area, Afghan officials said.
In addition to the fatalities, 300 others were injured, the health ministry said.
He's doing more than Obama ever did! If Obama had taken care of this when he was president it wouldn't be out of control now!

#1499455 --- 05/31/17 08:36 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End
He's doing more than Obama ever did! If Obama had taken care of this when he was president it wouldn't be out of control now!

It's Trump's free-fall that's out of control. History's dung heap awaits....and none too soon.

#1499457 --- 05/31/17 09:45 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Online   content

Loc: free at last
Originally Posted By: Teonan

It's Trump's free-fall that's out of control. History's dung heap awaits....and none too soon.

Yeah right! President Trump isn't going anywhere.

Edited by ThomasDecker (05/31/17 09:51 AM)

#1499464 --- 05/31/17 10:48 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

**grin**

Heady optimism for a fanboy, up to his neck and sinking fast in Trump's cesspool.

#1499467 --- 05/31/17 11:15 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585

President Bush invaded Afghanistan 8 years before Obama come along. There is no solution to this mess. But Trump said he was smarter than the Generals! That is the most amazing disgusting military analysis I ever heard.

#1499470 --- 05/31/17 11:43 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Teonan]
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
To be fair both Bush and Obama failed, despite 8 years each of effort.

#1499472 --- 05/31/17 12:45 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: luckyduck]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: luckyduck
OK but at least neither of them said they knew more about fighting than the Generals as Trump said. I can't believe Americans put their safety and security in the hands of a man this arrogant. And has so much good to say about our chief adversary Russia. This is unbelievable to me.

#1499474 --- 05/31/17 03:22 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
But we did. So glad.

President Trump passes his first test on the world stage
By Nile Gardiner

Nile Gardiner: On this first overseas tour, President Trump certainly made an indelible impression
The President reintroduced a more assertive US, Gardiner writes

Nile Gardiner is the director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at The Heritage Foundation and a former aide to Margaret Thatcher. The opinions in this article belong to the author.

(CNN)President Donald Trump's first presidential foray onto the international stage should be judged as a success. His visits to Saudi Arabia, Israel, the Vatican, Belgium and Italy were well managed by the White House and effectively advanced some key foreign policy goals for the new administration.

These include rebuilding frayed partnerships in the Middle East and pressuring allies in Europe to invest more in their own defenses; no leader across the Atlantic should be left with any doubt about US expectations of what they need to do to strengthen NATO.
Nile Gardiner
Nile Gardiner
On this first overseas tour, President Trump certainly made an indelible impression. In the Middle East, traditional allies will feel reassured that the United States stands with them, especially in reining in Iran's nuclear ambitions. In Europe, Trump will probably never be loved, but he is increasingly acknowledged as someone who means business in aggressively advancing US interests, which include strengthening the NATO alliance.
In contrast to his predecessor in the White House, President Trump showed no willingness to atone to other world leaders for his country's actions, and seemed determined to project strength and resolve at a time when American leadership is increasingly being challenged. This was not the "leading from behind" approach of the Obama era, but a return to a more traditionally assertive US foreign policy based on clear-cut national interests.
President Trump got off to a strong start in Riyadh. After an exceedingly tough week in Washington, he was received like royalty in the capital city of an important US ally that had at times a strained relationship with the Obama administration. His speech to the Arab Islamic American Summit calling on the Muslim world to unite in defeating terrorism struck the right tone as the United States works to solidify the anti-ISIS coalition. In Saudi Arabia, the President came across as a statesman, choosing to jettison some of the sharper rhetoric that peppered his campaign speeches in favor of building bridges with Muslim allies.
Mr. Trump was similarly well received in Israel, whose Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has struck a close relationship with the new US president thus far. The last eight years have been an extraordinarily tense time in terms of US-Israeli relations, but there was little sign of division between Trump and Netanyahu, and both leaders expressed a united message in warning against the prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran.
On tour abroad, Trump does what Obama should have
On tour abroad, Trump does what Obama should have
The European leg of the president's tour, meanwhile, was always going to be tougher than the Middle Eastern one. When President Trump addressed the leaders of the 28-nation NATO alliance in Brussels, he was stepping into the lion's den. Many European leaders have been openly critical of the US President, whose suggestion on the campaign trail that NATO had become "obsolete" had also led to widespread consternation across the Atlantic.
Undoubtedly, his remarks at the NATO headquarters could and should have been stronger, with a robust declaration in support of the Article 5 NATO commitment, support for further NATO expansion, and a clear warning to Vladimir Putin's Russia to keep out of the Baltic states.
But even absent those statements, Donald Trump did successfully hammer home the key message that all 28 members of the alliance must do more to invest in their own defense and contribute more to NATO military missions. Many US officials have expounded on this theme in the past, but until now, no American president had so bluntly made this point directly to the entire alliance.
France's newly elected president, Emmanuel Macron, visibly smirked during Donald Trump's remarks, but the force of his message will not have been lost on the wider European continent-- much of which for the past 70 years has thrived under the security umbrella provided by the United States.
Donald Trump's Brussels speech may not have been pretty, but its forceful impact will likely be felt for many years to come. If European countries do end up investing significantly more in their own defenses in the next decade, the Trump administration's tough love will have reaped dividends.
Follow CNN Opinion
Join us on Twitter and Facebook

Overall, the tour was an emphatic rejection of isolationism, and a reassertion of American leadership. That can only be a good thing for the world.

#1499476 --- 05/31/17 04:56 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Online   content

Loc: free at last
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

**grin**

Heady optimism for a fanboy, up to his neck and sinking fast in Trump's cesspool.

No he's not sinking in anything!

But, I wouldn't be surprised to see a president do time in prison...it won't be President Trump either.

#1499480 --- 05/31/17 05:25 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
[/img]

#1499489 --- 05/31/17 08:15 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: luckyduck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Failed to what... exactly?

#1499494 --- 05/31/17 10:01 PM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Failed to what... exactly?
To control ISIS for one!

#1499496 --- 06/01/17 04:59 AM Re: Trumpites: "You bought it." [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
Overall, the tour was an emphatic rejection of isolationism, and a reassertion of American leadership. That can only be a good thing for the world.
A emphatic rejection of isolationism? OMG. That is what all the pundits say it was. That is what the code of America First means!

Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33 >