FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1497502 --- 04/06/17 09:34 PM Gardner challenged for DA
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Steuben ADA to challenge Gardner for Yates district attorney's job

PENN YAN — An assistant Steuben County district attorney plans to run for Yates County District Attorney this year against incumbent Valerie Gardner.

“I’m at the point in my career where I want to go to the next level and be closer to my family,” said Todd Casella, a graduate of Wayne Central High School who lives in Hammondsport. “Keuka Lake has become my home, so I would like to stay in the area. This region has really become my home.”

Casella, a 2003 Wayne graduate, has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Queens College in New York City and earned his law degree from Touro Law School in Central Islip, Long Island. He was hired as a full-time assistant district attorney in Steuben County in 2013.

Casella said in addition to a full felony caseload in county court, he represents the DA’s office in a number of local courts in Steuben County. He added that he has handled more than 600 felony cases during his four years in Steuben County and prosecuted more than 40 trials, including felonies and misdemeanors.

Gardner, a Republican, announced in January she would be seeking re-election for another four-year term. Casella is also a Republican and said he doesn’t plan to be on any other party line, setting up a primary showdown in September.

By MIKE HIBBARD mhibbard@fltimes.com

FingerLakes1.com
#1497541 --- 04/07/17 02:01 PM Re: Gardner challenged for DA [Re: newsman38]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Is he a relative to the Casella garbage conglomerate?

#1497547 --- 04/07/17 03:32 PM Re: Gardner challenged for DA [Re: newsman38]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
Is Gardner so desperate that her supporters have to use that as an attack?

#1497553 --- 04/07/17 06:38 PM Re: Gardner challenged for DA [Re: Hot Burrito]
Mean Gene Offline

I am trying to figure out what part of my post indicates an "attack"? Is being related to the Casella's perceived as something negative?

I have done business with their company for many years, still do.

I have not spoken to Ms. Gardner in a long time, based on the last election I would not say she is the type of candidate that supports "attacks" on opponents.

#1497748 --- 04/13/17 02:35 PM Re: Gardner challenged for DA [Re: newsman38]
Curmudgeon Offline

.....and here we go again.....

#1497761 --- 04/13/17 07:08 PM Re: Gardner challenged for DA [Re: Curmudgeon]
Mean Gene Offline

Glad to see you are still kicking Curmudgeon!!!

Edited by Mean Gene (04/13/17 07:09 PM)