FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#1324313 --- 02/11/12 10:43 AM Quotable quotes
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
I looked for the older thread with quotes, but I couldn't find it, so I started another one.

"When JFK was President, the right-wing was worried he'd be taking "orders" from the Vatican. Now look at the right-wing."
-WSBYWSO

FingerLakes1.com
#1324314 --- 02/11/12 10:45 AM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

One more:

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

#1324316 --- 02/11/12 10:58 AM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
Ayuveda Offline

Loc: Imagine
\:\) maaan.

Here's one.

"We are going to inherit the earth. There is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie may blast and burn its own world before it finally leaves the stage of history. We Are not afraid of ruins. We who ploughed the prairies and built the cities can build again, only better next time. We carry a new world, here in our hearts. That world is growing this minute." ----Durruti

#1324404 --- 02/11/12 04:47 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
Ayuveda Offline

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."
--Jerry Falwell

#1327692 --- 02/24/12 02:11 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”
― George Carlin

#1327703 --- 02/24/12 02:45 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
Ayuveda Offline

''I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.''

-Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

#1327706 --- 02/24/12 02:54 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

"Woodstock is the great American orgy. This is who the Democratic Party has become. They have become the party of Woodstock. The prey upon our most basic primal lusts, and that’s sex. And the whole abortion culture, it’s not about life. It’s about sexual freedom. That’s what it’s about. Homosexuality. It’s about sexual freedom.

All of the things are about sexual freedom, and they hate to be called on them. They try to somehow or other tie this to the Founding Father’s vision of liberty, which is bizarre. It’s ridiculous."
-Santorum

Where in the Constitution do the founding fathers approve only male on female missionary position sex? Why is it ANY of his business at all what kind of sex consenting adults choose to have? Sex is not evil or impure or immoral. Keep your rules to yourself.

This guy's as obsessed with sex as CJ is with Mrs. Obama's behind.

#1327717 --- 02/24/12 03:32 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
In 1995 Bill Kristol confessed to the New Yorker: "The liberal media were never that powerful, and the whole thing was often used as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."

#1327826 --- 02/25/12 10:56 AM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
Ayuveda Offline

“Jane reminds us that God is in his heaven, the monarch on his throne and the pelvis firmly beneath the ribcage. Apparently rock and roll liberated the pelvis and it hasn't been the same since.”

― Emma Thompson, The Sense and Sensibility Screenplay and Diaries: Bringing Jane Austen's Novel to Film

#1330702 --- 03/07/12 03:24 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

If we could just take the profit out of war, there wouldn't be any.

-Woody Guthrie

#1330703 --- 03/07/12 03:30 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
MeRightYouWrong Offline

Loc: Mountain of Truth
Originally Posted By: KiDcRaZeD - Countless Times
This is a public forum and I can post whatever I want to!!!! If you don't like what I post then don't read it!!!!! Use the IGNORE button!!!!

R.I.P.

#1332067 --- 03/13/12 12:43 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: MeRightYouWrong]
Ayuveda Offline

"Our quest for the lesser evil has arrived at an impasse. On one hand we have a world-class Doublethinker who expects us to thank him for keeping promises he has vigorously broken and to accept the cynical notion that war is peace. On the other we have a mob of flesh-eating galoots who promise to give us Orwell’s Hate Week 52 weeks a year for as long as it takes them to bring about Armageddon."
- Jeff Huber R.I.P.

#1339078 --- 04/16/12 08:05 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post 'Thou shalt not steal,' 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,' and 'Thou shalt not lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."
-George Carlin

#1339079 --- 04/16/12 08:06 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

I must have missed this one. Great quote!

#1339093 --- 04/16/12 09:32 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
Ayuveda Offline

;\) Good one!

#1341629 --- 04/29/12 01:46 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

Mr. President, remember when the country rallied around you in hopes of a better tomorrow,” asked Kimmel. “That was hilarious.”

"The president wanted to have this dinner at the Kennedy Center, and the Republicans wanted to keep it here at the Hilton. So they compromised and we're having it here....at the Hilton."

“I have my own theory about Lincoln’s death. I think John Wilkes Booth was innocent. I don’t even think it was an assassination. I believe Lincoln had a vision about what the Republican party would become in 150 years and killed himself.”

-Jimmy Kimmel
White House Correspondent's Dinner 2012

"Just to clear things up for the extreme right-wingers, here is the difference between Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh,” said Kimmel. “The people who watch Bill Maher know he’s an a--hole.”

#1341633 --- 04/29/12 01:57 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
Ayuveda Offline

So true. HA! \:\)

#1341638 --- 04/29/12 02:18 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: Ayuveda]
twocats Offline
Silver Member

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." —

#1341646 --- 04/29/12 04:45 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: twocats]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
An Indian boy asked his dad how Indian names were chosen. His dad answered that when a child was born, the father carried it out of the tipi, and it was named after the 1st thing he saw. This was considered an omen of good luck. He further clarified this by citing the boy's sister's name, Running Deer, and asked, "Why do you ask, Two Dogs [Mating]"?

Okay...it's only a joke, and not a quote, apocryphal or otherwise, but you reminded me of it, and I know that Lusi wanted me to have another post. \:\)

#1341649 --- 04/29/12 05:08 PM Re: Quotable quotes [Re: VM Smith]
Ayuveda Offline

Sheesh. Whatta way to boost that post count...or whatever. ;\)

“Anybody who says they are a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist they're honest about everything.”
― Chuck Klosterman

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >