FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1496506 --- 03/10/17 08:55 PM Re: The Exhaustion of American Liberalism [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End
Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
Originally Posted By: Formermac
I initially thought that dignity would count in your favor but now see, that left several years ago when you were booted from the forum. You forget son, I patronize you because PMs are exposing your reality but keep hope alive by selling yourself big and lowering my standards, works for me if it works for me. grin
Mean while, lets get back to the topic YOU'VE created but quickly derailed.

Still off topic while offering no status other than that of PMs, who can blame you for avoiding fact.

???What??

Getting lit up on this thread has you sounding exhausted Tom. wink

FingerLakes1.com
#1496513 --- 03/11/17 08:52 AM Re: The Exhaustion of American Liberalism [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY

Every now and then, we are reminded that the system failed our citizens in some form or other.

Agreed! Liberalism has failed this country. People finally woke up and did something about the liberal disease that has plagued this country for decades. Go Trump!

#1496517 --- 03/11/17 02:09 PM Re: The Exhaustion of American Liberalism [Re: The Mechanic]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
I would rather contend with being a Liberal any day and stick with my agenda of offering help toward the poor, aged individuals, and the disenfranchised adverse to the old stagnant racism, bigotry, hate and ignorance. Tell us, how is the well tuned mechanism working? Most smart Liberals remembers the Conservative Bush era in 2000-2008, turned out to be a near total destruction didn't it? Sadly another dysfunction of the GOP, dullards repeat the same ole same ole, expecting great results. We don't won't to itemize the list of missteps since January 20, 2017 on behalf of the GOP, it's embarrassing just to think about, let alone talk about. grin

#1496528 --- 03/12/17 05:45 AM Re: The Exhaustion of American Liberalism [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
The one thing that bothers me the most about what Trump has said is “the press is the enemy of the people”. No it definitely is not! Let me give you two examples. Reference the 1965 Watts riots by black people in Los Angeles. The former Soviet Union, in an attempt to show how bad things were in America, showed some footage of the riots on their TV stations. But when the average person there saw the footage they saw black people driving cars! They were told in America black people were kept in chains! So it backfired on the Soviet Union. If you lived in the Soviet Union and the only news you got was government controlled news media you would tend to believe what they said. A second example is regarding the Sandy Hook School massacre in 2012 in Connecticut. There was video out saying no one died there. It was a staged hoax using child actors. You can check this out on Snopes if you want. Why don’t we believe that is true? Because we believe the mainstream news media that tells you it is not. This why we need a free press so badly.

#1496529 --- 03/12/17 05:45 AM Re: The Exhaustion of American Liberalism [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
How nations get dictators. First they get elected. Then they start complaining about the press. Members of the press either end up in jail or disappear. Soon the press is afraid to print anything except good news about him. Now the public either believes the press or are too afraid to say anything bad about him. When it is time for the next election the leader comes up with some reason to cancel the election. And bingo you have a dictator. Trump is well on his way. I get more afraid for the future of America every day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2