#1496368 --- 03/08/17 10:29 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
Married, four great kids.

FingerLakes1.com
#1496369 --- 03/08/17 10:33 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: luckyduck]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
I readily understand the rhetoric and criticism I receive when I purposely (brag) on myself, not due to arrogance but pat myself on the back for having more of a vocational education adverse to a major degree but still having great success. I have a great life with two wonderful children, a decent marriage and comfortable lifestyle, what does that have to do with our conversations here? I have yet to hear the words, love, compassion, patience, understanding other's way of life, helping our fellow man, the list is exhaustive in terms of selfish people who need not look too far as to why their lives are miserable but come here determined to say otherwise......think about it, if I'm reasonably happy, it will take a bulldozer to keep me from letting someone know just how pleasant life is, adversely so, those who are miserable are predisposed to offering nothing but hate, pain, racism, bigotry criticism, seeing the glass as half empty all the time. Now cite one great solution you've offered other than causing pain for others unlike you.

#1496370 --- 03/08/17 10:35 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: luckyduck]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: luckyduck
Married, four great kids.

Now that's what I'm talking about, the first time you've said something positive here.

#1496372 --- 03/08/17 10:47 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline

ROTFLMAO, 4 marriages and a great kid....oh I'm sorry for the mistake. You said a marriage and 4 great kids but rush to change the narrative. Once again much proof that liars hate truth and will run away and as quickly as humanly possible. Now please learn the difference between national headline news and submitted opinion, which you're attempting to offer on a national topic.

#1496381 --- 03/08/17 01:54 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis

‘A Day Without a Woman’ Strike Promotes the Liberal Idea that Women are Helpless

March 8, 2017, Spencer Irvine,

A great op-ed from the Daily Signal which counters the liberal narrative, also running rampant in academic circles, that women are helpless and need government assistance in all things:

Here are some facts that belie the notion that women in the United States are facing some kind of rampant systemic injustice:

In 2014, 37.5 percent of women aged 25 to 34 had a bachelor’s degree, compared to 29.5 percent of men the same age, according to a Census Bureau analysis of the American Community Survey.
Among women, 75 percent think that at their workplace “women are paid … about the same as men for doing the same job,” and 72 percent believe “men and women have about the same opportunities” there, according to a 2013 Pew Research Center survey.
“Women with under two years of experience are asking for an average 2 percent more compensation than men. And, notably, they’re getting what they’re asking for: Final salaries for junior women hired on our platform are 7 percent higher than junior men,” wrote Hired.com in a report last year.

And that often-cited pay gap? As my colleague Romina Boccia has noted, much of the pay gap between men and women can be attributed to factors such as the fields women choose to work in, and the time off work that women choose to take.

https://www.academia.org/a-day-without-a...ail+08-Mar-2017

That's okay, I'll make my own sandwich.

#1496383 --- 03/08/17 02:36 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

https://heatst.com/life/womens-day-in-us...eryone-notices/

‘Day Without a Women’ Protest in Nutshell: Privileged Women Take Day Off, Hope Everyone Notices

Home Life

By Karol Markowicz | 12:35 pm, March 8, 2017

Growing up, International Women’s Day was a day we commemorated in my immigrant household but didn’t celebrate, exactly. We were trying to be all-American and it didn’t escape us that no one was carrying flowers in Brooklyn each year on March 8.

Still, one or both of my parents would wish me a happy Women’s Day over breakfast, almost with a laugh at how goofy that sounded. It was so old world. My parents would tell me stories of International Women’s Day in the Soviet Union. They would give flowers to the women in their lives, not just a sweetheart but also teachers, bus drivers, classmates. It seemed so utilitarian, this celebration of half the population. What was happening on the other 364 days that a flower would be necessary?

#1496390 --- 03/08/17 03:34 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

So sad and pathetic, you minimize Russian hacks & Trump's lies but take issue with Women celebrating life. No wonder you're so miserable while living by yourself. Maybe one day they will host a National WASP day. grin

#1496397 --- 03/08/17 04:28 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Exactly. Tom has never given a rat's arse about struggling folks of either gender. He admitted so after committing working class-suicide by kissing Trump's gold ring last November. An "experienced" forum "ne'er–do–wel", Tom's been spinning contrarian yarns for personal shites and giggles around here for years.

#1496401 --- 03/08/17 05:07 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Teonan

Exactly. Tom has never given a rat's a** about struggling folks of either gender. He admitted so after committing working class-suicide by kissing Trump's gold ring last November. An "experienced" forum "ne'er–do–wel", Tom's been spinning contrarian yarns for personal sh*** and giggles around here for years.

Sorry, but its you spinning the yarn.

Here are some facts that belie the notion that women in the United States are facing some kind of rampant systemic injustice:

In 2014, 37.5 percent of women aged 25 to 34 had a bachelor’s degree, compared to 29.5 percent of men the same age, according to a Census Bureau analysis of the American Community Survey.
Among women, 75 percent think that at their workplace “women are paid … about the same as men for doing the same job,” and 72 percent believe “men and women have about the same opportunities” there, according to a 2013 Pew Research Center survey.
“Women with under two years of experience are asking for an average 2 percent more compensation than men. And, notably, they’re getting what they’re asking for: Final salaries for junior women hired on our platform are 7 percent higher than junior men,” wrote Hired.com in a report last year.

And that often-cited pay gap? As my colleague Romina Boccia has noted, much of the pay gap between men and women can be attributed to factors such as the fields women choose to work in, and the time off work that women choose to take.

#1496404 --- 03/08/17 05:45 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

Yet you defend a misogynist who has disrespected every women every chance they get. What's funnier, your lack of decorum and culture is one of the attributes missing in the behavior of most women haters, explain the similarity?

#1496405 --- 03/08/17 05:56 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Yet you defend a misogynist who has disrespected every women every chance they get. What's funnier, your lack of decorum and culture is one of the attributes missing in the behavior of most women haters, explain the similarity?

"Outlaw" biker culture mentality. Ol' Tom prolly still refers to the woman who puts up with him as "his mama."

#1496407 --- 03/08/17 06:22 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline

grin Most bikers at least have a riding partner, tommyboy is more of a loner and not by choice.

#1496409 --- 03/08/17 06:54 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Offline

"Outlaw" biker culture mentality. Tom prolly still refers to the women who puts up with him as "his mama."

""Outlaw" biker culture mentality."

Yeah you got me, I'm an ole Biker, I had a moped once, that count's doesn't?

#1496411 --- 03/08/17 07:04 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

that count's doesn't?

????

Merp.

#1496415 --- 03/08/17 07:57 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Teonan]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
I bet you odds to none, that you have no wife or girlfriend and the reason why this exists was spoken in your post.

Since luckyduck has left other gender identification possibilities unidentified, other than being female, you might very well be right.

At any rate, so much for extending her libertarian "Live and Let Live" values to others.

Which defines libertarianism by it's very nature.

#1496416 --- 03/08/17 08:15 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Nice op-ed there, Decker crazy

How 'bout some ACTUAL peer-reviewed evidence that supports your suggestion that that's the true cause of the gender pay-gap instead of posting some some rediculous nonsense by another right-wing "think"-tank propaganda machine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_in_Academia
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Accuracy_in_Academia
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/accur...s-course-video/
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Accuracy_in_Media

So much for your supposed non-biased academic findings.

You set 'em up, I'll shoot 'em down! grin

#1496418 --- 03/08/17 08:19 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

"Outlaw" biker culture mentality. Tom prolly still refers to the women who puts up with him as "his mama."

"Outlaw" biker culture mentality."

Yeah you got me, I'm an ole Biker, I had a moped once, that count's doesn't?

Hence the word "mentality". whistle

So... it may be more accurate to say that you have an outlaw biker mentality with a Pee-Wee Herman RE-ality.

#1496419 --- 03/08/17 08:42 PM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: Timbo]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Nice op-ed, there, Decker crazy

How 'bout some ACTUAL peer-reviewed evidence that supports your suggestion that that's the true cause of the gender pay-gap instead of posting some some rediculous nonsense by another right-wing "think"-tank propaganda machine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_in_Academia
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Accuracy_in_Academia
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/accur...s-course-video/
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Accuracy_in_Media

So much for your supposed non-biased academic findings.

You set 'em up, I'll shoot 'em down! grin

"peer-reviewed evidence"

You mean like the "peer-reviewed evidence" of climate change!

"I'll shoot 'em down"

You keep shooting it up!

#1496425 --- 03/09/17 07:33 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
http://harvardmagazine.com/2016/05/reassessing-the-gender-wage-gap

Harvard, now there is a right wing think tank if there ever was one. laugh

#1496431 --- 03/09/17 08:34 AM Re: A Day Without A Woman [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline

ROTFLMAO, this coming from a poor uneducated White guy, who have a problem realizing that Women and minorities possess every right in the true sense of the word to make just as much if not more than a man if they have the education or experience, irregardless. There's time to wake up and realize that this is the 21st Century where a heavily diverse nation is tired of White guy falsely thinking that they make all the rules. Have you noticed the debacle of the last 49 days when we are relegated to a selective narrowed minded few? crazy

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >