#1497434 --- 04/05/17 11:35 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

FingerLakes1.com
#1497707 --- 04/12/17 06:31 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...ticle-1.3048755

Add NATO to the long list of issues that President Trump has pulled a full reversal on.

Trump heartily sang the praises of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization on Wednesday, praising its work to combat terrorism and describing an organization he’s long criticized as “the bulwark of international peace and security.”

“I said it was obsolete. It’s no longer obsolete,” he said in a joint press conference alongside NATO Secretary Gen.Jens Stoltenberg.

#1497712 --- 04/13/17 06:15 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Lets see if bluster turns into "intelligent" diplomacy.
Our ignorant president seems to forget that he's not the only erratic leader with their hands on a nuclear button.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/asia/north-korea-nuclear-site-punggye-ri/index.html

#1497713 --- 04/13/17 06:46 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Christopher Hayes&#8207;Verified account @chrislhayes 15h15 hours ago

We can agree it is *really* weird that Trump has said he

a) knows Putin very well

and

b) doesn't know Putin at all.

Right?
749 replies 5,826 retweets 18,037 likes

#1497717 --- 04/13/17 06:58 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

What we're seeing since Trump's inauguration is the ability of Conservatives to lie, change the narrative and spin at will when cornered or caught in a jam.

Shaun Spicer marginalized every Jewish citizen when he attempted to explain Assad's or Russian involvement to chemical attack.

Trump has done a 180 on every statement he has made since his campaign.

A new Republican slogan "We can lie on the fly"

#1497726 --- 04/13/17 08:14 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-impeachment-professor-allan-lichtman-237181

Prediction prof: Trump will be impeached

By Edward-Isaac Dovere 04/13/17 05:17 AM EDT

The professor who took hell for predicting President Donald Trump has a much longer case for predicting President Mike Pence—and it’s all in his new book, out next week.

Allan Lichtman reached meme-status last fall for predicting Trump would win long before anyone else, using a formula based on the popularity of the party in control of the White House that accurately predicted the eight previous presidential elections. Now Lichtman wants everyone to pay attention to the rest of what came through his crystal ball — that Trump will now be impeached.

The people who only paid attention to the professor’s first prediction include the commander in chief, whom Lichtman says reached out to him during the transition.

“Taking time out of preparing to become the world’s most powerful leader, he wrote me a personal note, saying ‘Professor — Congrats — good call,’” Lichtman writes in “The Case for Impeachment,” an advance copy of which was shared with POLITICO. “What Trump overlooked, however, was my ‘next big prediction’: that, after winning the presidency, he would be impeached.”

#1497796 --- 04/15/17 08:02 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Very interesting article.

Flipping on six major policy issues in 12 hours earlier this week (China, NATO, interest rates, the national debt, the Export-Import Bank), count on a back-flip by the manchild.
Trump creates his own undoing. That's his m.o.
Unfortunately, the most we can expect from the fool is his ability to govern from behind...and the tweetstorm following his removal from the Oval Office.

#1497867 --- 04/17/17 06:47 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/donald-trump-protesters-237303

Trump getting hot and bothered by protesters

The president loves big crowds — except when they’re railing against him.

By Matthew Nussbaum

04/17/17 06:40 PM EDT

#1497868 --- 04/17/17 06:49 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: kyle585
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/donald-trump-protesters-237303

Trump getting hot and bothered by protesters

The president loves big crowds — except when they’re railing against him.

By Matthew Nussbaum

04/17/17 06:40 PM EDT

For Trump’s antagonists, irking the commander in chief is an added bonus to protesting.

“The reality is that a majority of the country opposed Trump on Election Day and continue to oppose Trump,” Neera Tanden, the president of the leading liberal think tank Center for American Progress, said in an interview.

Part of the problem for Trump, Tanden said, is fixation on crowd size, especially during the campaign. She admits that Trump in many ways turned out to be right during the presidential race in using crowd size as a barometer for enthusiasm. But now that same calculus works against him.

“People are more motivated than I’ve ever seen them,” Tanden said. And Trump’s complaining about protesters, Tanden said, “prods people to protest more.”

“It strengthens the resolve,” she added.

#1497873 --- 04/17/17 09:02 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

#1497902 --- 04/18/17 04:44 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline

#1497968 --- 04/19/17 01:52 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

I am trying to decide which of these two worthless ### are the worst abusers of women.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/19/bill-oreilly-out-at-fox-news-237371

ill O’Reilly, the star of Fox News’ primetime line up, is leaving the network after more than two decades.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/donald-trump-bill-oreilly-defends-did-nothing-wrong-1202062194/

Trump defended O’Reilly from the Oval Office four days after the NYT reported O’Reilly or Fox News Channel had settled five womens’ claims of sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. O’Reilly has said the allegations are without merit.

“He’s a person I know well; he’s a good person,” Trump said of O’Reilly.

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (04/19/17 06:49 PM)

#1497980 --- 04/19/17 06:47 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Online   content

Loc: Nate's
I am trying to decide which of these two worthless ### are the worst abusers of women.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/19/bill-oreilly-out-at-fox-news-237371

ill O’Reilly, the star of Fox News’ primetime line up, is leaving the network after more than two decades.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/donald-trump-bill-oreilly-defends-did-nothing-wrong-1202062194/

Trump defended O’Reilly from the Oval Office four days after the NYT reported O’Reilly or Fox News Channel had settled five womens’ claims of sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. O’Reilly has said the allegations are without merit.

“He’s a person I know well; he’s a good person,” Trump said of O’Reilly.

Mr. William J. Clinton, and he sexually assaulted a female Intern in the Oval Office.

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (04/19/17 06:49 PM)

“TRUMP HAS BEEN CALLED AND CHOSEN FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!”

#1497985 --- 04/19/17 07:03 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGIshY7vxQ

Right Wing Media Is Imploding

Tomi Lahren is suing Glenn Beck and he’s suing her back. Alex Jones is in the middle of a bitter custody battle that is causing all sorts of weird stories to emerge about the right wing conspiracy theorist. More women have come forward and accused Bill O’Reilly of sexual harassment and now Fox is considering firing him. Add all these up and it paints a very clear picture: Right wing hate talkers are imploding, and that’s great news for America. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins discusses this.

#1498165 --- Yesterday at 02:08 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Trump is an old man who had no idea what he was getting into? He thought being president was going to be easy? That shows how terribly ignorant he is. How in the world did the American dream come to this nightmare?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/trump-presidency-easier-previous-life-237728

President Donald Trump said Thursday he expected the presidency to be "easier" than his "previous life" as a real estate mogul.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters in a wide-ranging Oval Office interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

The president also expressed a willingness to attend next year's White House Correspondents' Dinner, after breaking with decades of precedent in February by publicly rejecting an invitation to attend this year's gala.

"I would come next year, absolutely," he said of the event.

The 2017 White House Correspodents' Dinner will take place April 29 without Trump and the White House staff, who will not attend in support of the president's decision.
10_donald_trump_31_ap_1160.jpg

Trump, who spent years in the public limelight as a billionaire real estate magnate and reality television star, also lamented the lack of privacy in his new life as the country's most prominent public servant.

"You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said.

Trump added: "I like to drive. I can't drive any more."

#1498181 --- Yesterday at 11:25 AM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
luckyduck Offline

Loc: NY
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters

Of course he did, what president hasn't? Do you think Obama went on a two month vacation because for 8 years he didn't miss the freedom of being able to do what he wanted when ever he wanted? Do you think any airman, marine, soldier, or sailor doesn't long for the freedom to come and go as they please that they had before they signed on?

These people, including the president, do what they do out of desire to serve their country and fulfill a higher calling that is greater than any one individual, not out of a desire to escape a horrible life.

Edited by luckyduck (Yesterday at 11:26 AM)

#1498182 --- Yesterday at 03:40 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: luckyduck]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: luckyduck
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," the president told Reuters

Of course he did, what president hasn't? Do you think Obama went on a two month vacation because for 8 years he didn't miss the freedom of being able to do what he wanted when ever he wanted? Do you think any airman, marine, soldier, or sailor doesn't long for the freedom to come and go as they please that they had before they signed on?

These people, including the president, do what they do out of desire to serve their country and fulfill a higher calling that is greater than any one individual, not out of a desire to escape a horrible life.
Trump had the worst first 100 days since they started keeping track of that 100 years ago. He had the worst approval rating of a new president in 100 years. He is in way over his head and that is starting to become obvious to him as well as the American public in general.

#1498184 --- Yesterday at 04:31 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: luckyduck

Trump had the worst first 100 days since they started keeping track of that 100 years ago. He had the worst approval rating of a new president in 100 years. He is in way over his head and that is starting to become obvious to him as well as the American public in general.

Sorry FDR began the 100 yr thing in 1933. Take heart fake news might work for you some day. I know the libs are still counting on it from all the fake news they throw out there.

#1498185 --- Yesterday at 05:14 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: kyle585]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

BaM. Mic drop...

Donald Trump Is Even Lazier Than We Thought

By missivonne

Friday Apr 28, 2017 · 4:52 PM EST

I think people are missing the real revelation of the interview with Reuters. Of course, only an ignoramus would think being president was easy.

But the really amazing thing is that Donald Trump — a man who doesn't read, who can't manage to sit still for a 30-minute meeting, who has to have policy spoon-fed to him (and still usually doesn’t comprehend it), who spends most of his time watching Fox News and playing on Twitter and most weekends golfing — says he's working harder now than he ever has before.

Try to fathom that. If basically phoning it in as president is more work than he's used to, that means he basically did nothing before. It boggles the mind that this bankruptcy-prone grifter ever got the reputation of being a smart, hardworking businessman.

#1498186 --- Yesterday at 07:44 PM Re: "Unhinged & Dangerous: [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Teonan

BaM. Mic drop...

Donald Trump Is Even Lazier Than We Thought

By missivonne

Friday Apr 28, 2017 · 4:52 PM EST

I think people are missing the real revelation of the interview with Reuters. Of course, only an ignoramus would think being president was easy.

But the really amazing thing is that Donald Trump — a man who doesn't read, who can't manage to sit still for a 30-minute meeting, who has to have policy spoon-fed to him (and still usually doesn’t comprehend it), who spends most of his time watching Fox News and playing on Twitter and most weekends golfing — says he's working harder now than he ever has before.

Try to fathom that. If basically phoning it in as president is more work than he's used to, that means he basically did nothing before. It boggles the mind that this bankruptcy-prone grifter ever got the reputation of being a smart, hardworking businessman.
Great post. Sad but true.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >