FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1496212 --- 03/05/17 02:08 PM Sessions: "A thousand year-old *******"
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End
Think we could do better than an extreme right wing racist grandpa who "can't remember" if he met with the Russians?
Let me think...

The Worst Thing About Sessions? Everything We Already Knew.

Institute for Policy Studies Blog
by Karen Dolan, Peter Certo

Sunday, March 05, 2017

"The contents of Sessions’ contacts with the Russian ambassador would have to be pretty egregious to even hold a candle to his lifetime record of reaction on civil rights."

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is in hot water following revelations that he met twice with Russia’s U.S. ambassador when he was a surrogate for the Trump campaign — and then lied about it to Congress. Many of his critics are now calling for his resignation.

The contents of Sessions’ talks with the Russians aren’t known. But it’s worth taking a look at other highlights from his biography that are perfectly well known — but weren’t enough to keep him from getting the top law enforcement job in the country.

For example, Sessions was barred from a federal judgeship in the 1980s due to concern about his racist attitudes.

As a senator, he voted to undermine the Voting Rights Act of 1964 and racked up a 20-plus year track record of opposing LGBTQ rights. He even voted against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, and opposed adding crimes against gay people to the list of hate crimes.

Unsurprisingly, Sessions has a miserable 7 percent rating from the NAACP on affirmative action, and scores just 20 percent from the ACLU with regard to upholding civil rights.

As attorney general, he’s given clear indications that he’ll turn a blind eye to police brutality. And in his first hours in office, he rushed to rescind the Obama-era guidance that clarified that school children couldn’t be discriminated against based on their gender.

None of this seems to disqualify him, in the eyes of his party loyalists and the Trump administration, as the arbiter-in-chief of justice and civil rights in the United States of America.

Now though, some Republicans are calling on Sessions to recuse himself from overseeing the investigation of Russian hacking into our elections because — well, he himself may just prove to be a Russian hack. Sessions reluctantly agreed, but many on the left are still demanding his resignation.

We don’t know if Sessions was party to this Russian scheming or no. Though, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck… well, you know the rest.

Whatever the case, the contents of Sessions’ contacts with the Russian ambassador would have to be pretty egregious to even hold a candle to his lifetime record of reaction on civil rights. But if the taint of being associated with Russian hacking is enough to spur the eventual resignation of a guy — or a duck, as the case may be — who appears to hold justice and civil rights to be repugnant ideas, we say: Let the Grand Old Party descend and send him quacking.

Edited by FL1 Mod 2 (03/24/17 12:22 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1496214 --- 03/05/17 02:33 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: Teonan]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
I have no idea what racist rant you posted this time, but from the title its most likely about the imbecile Franken (after all using a fake news story as a source does not make you the brightest bulb on the hill) and his question of Session regarding Trump campaign contacts with the Russians.

The question
Franken: "CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, ‘Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.’ These documents also allegedly say quote, ‘There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.’

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

The answer
Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

It would seem that the answer to the question as it was asked relating to Trump's campaign was truthful. Did Session meet with the Russians as a senator, yes, but Franken and the rest of the walking dead in DC knew that considering that the meeting was set up by the Obama administration.

Enough said, and the racist rants will stay on ignore.

Edited by cwjga (03/05/17 02:34 PM)

#1496217 --- 03/05/17 03:16 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: cwjga]
Teonan Offline

laugh
Top shelf non-reply reply there cwjga!

#1496218 --- 03/05/17 03:26 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there

#1496223 --- 03/05/17 04:00 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: kyle585]
Teonan Offline

grin SNL rocks.

We need those frequent doses of comic relief about Trump's apocalyptic regime. Ty Kyle!

#1496224 --- 03/05/17 04:40 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

#1496225 --- 03/05/17 04:42 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/12/media/saturday-night-live-ratings-alec-baldwin-donald-trump/

Trump has attacked the series and Baldwin's impersonation on Twitter throughout the season saying that the actor's "portrayal stinks" and that it's "time to retire the boring and unfunny show."

But the show is actually in the midst of a viewership revival this season, its 42nd.

"SNL" is averaging 7.4 million viewers an episode, according to NBC. Add in those who watch within a week and that number jumps to 10.6 million, the show's biggest audience in 22 years.

#1496226 --- 03/05/17 04:47 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

#1496227 --- 03/05/17 05:01 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Kudos guys, I must confess that due to being a generation removed (Dan Akroy and Chevy Chase were my heroes) since I've watched SNL, Trump and associates satire has renewed my viewership via my DVR, as stated, the old man can't stay up late like he use to but I anticipate turning on that video, sitting back and enjoying the comedy. I'm sure that the SNL writers are ecstatic and thankful for the boost in ratings.

#1496229 --- 03/05/17 06:07 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Trump becoming mega livid after hate-watching SNL just makes a great show all the better. En-joy. smile

#1496230 --- 03/05/17 06:16 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Kudos guys, I must confess that due to being a generation removed (Dan Akroy and Chevy Chase were my heroes) since I've watched SNL, Trump and associates satire has renewed my viewership via my DVR, as stated, the old man can't stay up late like he use to but I anticipate turning on that video, sitting back and enjoying the comedy. I'm sure that the SNL writers are ecstatic and thankful for the boost in ratings.
I watched it today online at Saturday Nights live website: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live

#1496387 --- 03/08/17 02:54 PM Re: Sessions: "A thousand year-old cracker" [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/poll-should-jeff-sessions-resign-235829

More than half of those who responded to a new Quinnipiac poll released this week said Attorney General Jeff Sessions lied under oath during his Senate confirmation hearings when he said he “did not have communications with the Russians” and should resign because of it.