FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1495999 --- 03/01/17 06:29 PM Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done.
Here's Johnny Offline

Loc: New York
I note with interest that there are needs to address at this most important facility. A lot of money went into a new roof already. Did anyone know that there were other items as well? Not to mention, apparently, it is going to be too small if current trends continue.
The folks who go there need a spot to check in/drop in. Having worked to serve them in this community I know the Drop In Center performs a very crucial and important function. I hope there will be efforts made to support its continued success.

FingerLakes1.com
#1496003 --- 03/01/17 07:15 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
Just a thought, perhaps the soon to be former county mental health building could be utilized for a new drop in center....

#1496011 --- 03/02/17 06:25 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny
I note with interest that there are needs to address at this most important facility. A lot of money went into a new roof already. Did anyone know that there were other items as well? Not to mention, apparently, it is going to be too small if current trends continue.
The folks who go there need a spot to check in/drop in. Having worked to serve them in this community I know the Drop In Center performs a very crucial and important function. I hope there will be efforts made to support its continued success.
WHAT!!!!!!!

#1496014 --- 03/02/17 09:38 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Yes that is correct. I have worked in a voluntary capacity, helping prepare and serve food at dinners offered without cost to any person who shows up.

#1496091 --- 03/02/17 09:33 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Glad you cleared that up, serving breakfast is more like what I would expect. When an organization depends on volunteers they don't expect much and can't be too picky. grin

#1496094 --- 03/03/17 05:05 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Glad you cleared that up, serving breakfast is more like what I would expect. When an organization depends on volunteers they don't expect much and can't be too picky. grin

Do you volunteer?
If you don't, don't denigrate anyone that does.

#1496105 --- 03/03/17 07:50 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

There is a difference between working with these people at the center and volunteering at serving a free meal. However I wouldn't expect you to realize the difference. grin

#1496113 --- 03/03/17 08:58 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

All I do is show up and try to be helpful. We all can find ways to be of service to support worthy causes in our area. No volunteer task is too small or seemingly menial if it makes a difference in contributing to the common good.
As the County Board of Supervisors has been discussing the issues involved I felt it was worth a try to support in some small way here, on this forum, their deliberations in sustaining the Drop In Center and the community it serves.
So many live in their little bubble of privilege, believing what they believe. I invite everyone who is comfortable to take a good look at those among us who literally live with significantly diminished circumstances and do something more to help.

#1496123 --- 03/03/17 10:19 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

The Drop-in- center has been a controversial topic at times, and this forum is not an appropriate place for this kind of discussion. Discretion is advised.

#1496132 --- 03/03/17 12:50 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

There is a difference between working with these people at the center and volunteering at serving a free meal. However I wouldn't expect you to realize the difference. grin

I asked if YOU volunteer, in any capacity.
You inartfully evaded the question.

#1496134 --- 03/03/17 01:20 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

You should consider yourself lucky I responded to you at all, I hardly think it's worth the effort. At my age and in my condition volunteering is totally out of the question. However I did donate my body to science and have donated more money than you would ever think of. I do have a few plaques on my wall and I was uasually in the top 5 donors to the United Way.

#1496144 --- 03/03/17 08:38 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: scwoodchuck]
Here's Johnny Offline

You should consider yourself lucky I responded to you at all, I hardly think it's worth the effort. At my age and in my condition volunteering is totally out of the question. However I did donate my body to science and have donated more money than you would ever think of. I do have a few plaques on my wall and I was uasually in the top 5 donors to the United Way.

And....after all your time helping others, tell me why we can't discuss the future of that facility here.

Edited by Here's Johnny (03/03/17 08:38 PM)

#1496145 --- 03/04/17 06:55 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Here's Johnny

And....after all your time helping others, tell me why we can't discuss the future of that facility here.
Do you really need to be told ? crazy

#1496150 --- 03/04/17 09:27 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Well....yes I do. Let the sun shine in on your truth, if that is what you are alluding to.

#1496151 --- 03/04/17 09:44 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
scwoodchuck Offline

Having had family who used the center I can tell you that people who are not professionals but think they know more than they really do, cause trouble.

If you are truly a volunteer, volunteer, and keep your mouth shut.

Edited by scwoodchuck (03/04/17 09:47 AM)

#1496153 --- 03/04/17 10:04 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Somehow I thought that I would have a reasonable post offering but no. What purpose does it serve for you to admonish me? How unfortunate. Nothing has changed this forum is a sewer for which I regret sticking in my toe. AND if you have an issue that deserves scrutiny why not open your mouth and say something instead of dishing out invective and doubt.

Edited by Here's Johnny (03/04/17 10:05 AM)

#1496154 --- 03/04/17 10:23 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
The Drop-in- center has been a controversial topic at times, and this forum is not an appropriate place for this kind of discussion. Discretion is advised.
HELLO JOHNNY, in your own words " Nothing has changed this forum is a sewer for which I regret sticking in my toe. " now what DON'T you understand about this post from Chuck ?

Edited by Hello_Governer (03/04/17 12:04 PM)

#1496169 --- 03/04/17 02:43 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Yeah crystal clear.

#1496207 --- 03/05/17 09:10 AM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
madam Offline

Sorry Johnny, hate to burst your bubble, but the Dropin does not use volunteers in any capacity. The people that work there are employees of Seneca County and there is a special work program through Elmira Psych center. Everyone that works and goes there must have been diagnosed with some form of mental illness and must have received treatment at some point in time.

#1496243 --- 03/05/17 09:06 PM Re: Drop In Center on Cayuga St. in Seneca Falls - What needs to be done. [Re: Here's Johnny]
Here's Johnny Offline

Not trying to work there as a volunteer necessarily. I have had the opportunity to help with them and only want to help. I was trying to show interest and support for the facility as I had just read that there had been discussions regarding the Drop In Center at the Supervisor's meeting. There are concerns that need to be addressed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >