FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 92 of 99 < 1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
#1494009 --- 01/09/17 06:15 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Strange and sobering times indeed Mac.

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

I believe, Donald Trump was put here by God.

Charles Blow Nails Donald Trump on Russian Hacks

The American people didn't choose a president. Russia did.

By Ilana Novick / AlterNet

January 9, 2017

In a pre-Christmas Op-Ed, the Times' resident conservative David Brooks said of Charles Blow "I think of Charles as the leader of the resistance." He must be taking the role seriously because while the rest of us are still bathing in the rousing afterglow of Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech, Blow is right back to business with the Russian hacks in Monday's column, reminding us that with foreign interference, "Donald Trump’s victory and his imminent presidency are already tainted beyond redemption."

Lest any of us confuse what year we're in (isn't the Cold War over?) or whether perhaps history, like the movie industry, loves a reboot, Blow reminds us that "A hostile foreign power stole confidential correspondence from American citizens—this is no different than physically breaking into an American office and carting off boxes of written letters—and funneled that stolen material to a willing conspirator, Julian Assange. The foreign power then had its desired result achieved on our Election Day."

The intelligence report that Trump spent weeks trashing on Twitter, because that's a hell of a lot easier than reading it, doesn't mince words: “We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump." This means, as Blow writes, "Donald Trump is as much Russia’s appointment as our elected executive. The legacy of his political ascendance will be written in Cyrillic and affixed with an asterisk."

Blow admits that the Hillary campaign didn't come out of the hacks spotless, but most of the disturbing reports were the usual "unappetizing process by which the sausage is made," a process that has even less of a chance to be reformed with our upcoming demogogue in chief.

The election was indeed rigged, but not by the racist dogwhistle accusations of voter fraud, but by the systematic and strategic removal of the Voting Rights Act, a partisan FBI director, and the interference of a foreign power with a clear preference for the outcome. It doesn't matter whether or not actual voting machines were tampered with. The barriers to entry and the propaganda-hacked minds caused "the American people [to] cast their ballots in the fog of fake news and under influence of stolen property weaponized as a tool of propaganda." Brainwashing doesn't leave the same physical evidence as stealing, but Blow never fails to remind us, "Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin’s American 'president'—clearly his preference and possibly his product."

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/charles-blow-nails-donald-trump-russian-hacks

FingerLakes1.com
#1494042 --- 01/11/17 01:58 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Great article

#1494160 --- 01/15/17 06:09 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Somebody said Trump was right? I didn't hear that? I would like to see how Trump is going to take care of terror!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trum...hwv1n5rkqmbcsor

Trump also said NATO was obsolete because it had not defended against terror attacks, but that the military alliance was still very important to him, The Times reported.

“I took such heat, when I said NATO was obsolete,” Trump told the newspaper. “It’s obsolete because it wasn’t taking care of terror. I took a lot of heat for two days. And then they started saying Trump is right.”

#1494164 --- 01/15/17 07:29 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Teonan]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis
Originally Posted By: Teonan

Sour Grapes.

#1494169 --- 01/15/17 07:38 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Sour Grapes.
Within one year I predict one of these three things will happen:

1. Trump will resign.

2. Trump will be impeached.

3. We will be in WWIII.

#1494175 --- 01/15/17 07:57 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: kyle585

Sour Grapes.
Within one year I predict one of these three things will happen:

1. Trump will resign.

2. Trump will be impeached.

3. We will be in WWIII.

My gut tells me you're wrong, because you're the same people who predicted Ms. Clinton the next president....I'll go with the gut feeling.

#1494179 --- 01/15/17 08:49 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: ThomasDecker]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

My gut tells me you're wrong, because you're the same people who predicted Ms. Clinton the next president....I'll go with the gut feeling.

Gut-check bz.

The people spoke loud and clear. Trump has NO mandate.

It's official: Clinton swamps Trump in popular vote
More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Read on: http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final-count/

Michael Moore Backs up John Lewis With 6 Reasons Trump Is an 'Illegitimate President'
“Nothing, including an arcane, racist section of the constitution, can change the fact that 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary than for Trump. It’s either a democracy or it isn’t. If he had won by 3 million, I would sadly admit that Trump is the President the American people wanted. But that’s not what happened.”

Read on: http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...imate-president

#1494182 --- 01/16/17 06:57 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Notice I am linking to Fox news. What Trump is proposing is impossible. I wonder how the Repubs are going to get out of this one.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...-everybody.html

President-elect Donald Trump revealed in an interview with The Washington Post that he’s almost finished with a plan to replace ObamaCare and vowed to have “insurance for everybody.”

Trump declined to reveal the pertinent details of the new healthcare plan, but told The Post in the interview published Sunday night that drug companies will be forced to negotiate on Medicare and Medicaid prices. He also plans to fight pharmaceutical companies over drug prices.

The president-elect insisted that his plan for replacing the Affordable Healthcare Act is all but finished, and added that care would have “lower numbers, much lower deductibles.” He went as far to say that he’s ready to reveal it alongside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan.

“It’s very much formulated down to the final strokes. We haven’t put it in quite yet but we’re going to be doing it soon,” Trump said during the interview with the paper.

He added that he’s still waiting for Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., to be confirmed as his secretary for health and human services. A hearing for his confirmation has yet to be scheduled.

PAUL PREVIEWS OBAMACARE REPLACEMENT PLAN FOCUSING ON LOWER COST POLICIES

Congressional Republicans took the first big step last week in their seven-year trek to dismantle President Obama’s healthcare law, passing a budget that would ease the passage of a bill that would replace ObamaCare. The budget — the Senate approved it Thursday — bars Democratic senators from blocking that future legislation with a filibuster.

The budget "gives us the tools we need for a step-by-step approach to fix these problems and put Americans back in control of their healthcare," Ryan, R-Wis., said after the vote.

Though Trump wants a quick repeal and replace of the law, there’s likely to be months of debate and infighting before the new law could be passed. Much of Friday's debate underscored the sharp-elbowed politics of the issue.

"People in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, screwed," said Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., citing places where he said voters would suffer from the health law's repeal — which also were normally reliably Democratic states that Trump won on Election Day. Continuing the theme of highlighting Trump voters, Jeffries added, "People in Appalachia and rural America, screwed."

Democrats praised the law for extending coverage to tens of millions of Americans and helping many millions more afford policies and buy prescriptions. Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., said rather than "repeal and replace," Republicans should name their effort "repeal and repent" because of the harm they were about to cause to voters.

Edited by kyle585 (01/16/17 07:00 AM)

#1494185 --- 01/16/17 12:29 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
When the ‘Enlightened’ Left Doesn’t Get Its Way, Expect Riots and Death Threats
Michael Brown

After many hours of hard work, I’ve put together an exhaustive list of the prominent celebrities who chose not to perform at President Obama’s inaugural ceremonies in 2009 and 2013 because they were threatened with death, boycotts, or ostracism. The grand total, to my knowledge, is zero, despite the right’s deep antipathy of Barack Obama.

But when it comes to the inauguration of Donald Trump, Andrea Bocelli, the wonderfully gifted, blind operatic tenor, has decided not to perform, despite being a friend of the president-elect. And reports indicate that it was not just because he was threatened with a boycott; rather, it was because of death threats that his security team deemed too serious to ignore.

Broadway star Jennifer Holliday has also dropped out of the inaugural festivities after being branded an “Uncle Tom.” (I thought Uncle Tomes were male, by definition.) Claiming she didn’t realize that performing at the inauguration would be interpreted as supporting the president (really?), she wrote, “My only choice must now be to stand with the LGBT community and to state unequivocally that I will not perform for the welcome concert or for any of the inauguration festivities.”

Ironically, Trump offended some of his most conservative supporters by having his openly gay friend Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal, speak at the Republican National Convention, while Thiel remains a key member of Trump’s transition team.

Trump also proudly held up a gay flag at one of his rallies, celebrating LGBT’s for Trump, and he recently picked Anthony Scaramucci, a self-described “gay rights activist,” for a senior advisory role.

In fact, it was Scaramucci, as a member of the president-elect’s transition team, who started the rumor that Trump would be “the first American president in US history that enters the White House with a pro-gay-rights stance. Elton John is going to be doing our concert on the mall for the inauguration.” (Fran Curtis, John’s spokesman immediately denied this report to the New York Times, stating, “Incorrect. He will NOT be performing.”)

It appears that the vast majority of LGBT leaders, are not impressed. Standing with Trump means standing against them, and those who stand against them must be punished.

Other celebrities also declined invitations, apparently without any outside pressure being put on them, with John Legend explaining to the BBC: “Creative people tend to reject bigotry and hate."

“We tend to be more liberal-minded. When we see somebody that's preaching division and hate and bigotry, it's unlikely that he'll get a lot of creative people that want to be associated with him.”

Ah yes, the tolerance and enlightenment of the creative left!

I fully understand that President-elect Trump continues to be a highly divisive figure, most recently attacking Congressman John Lewis, a Civil Rights icon, for saying that he did not believe Trump was a “legitimate” president because of Russian hacking of the election. Even some Republican leaders spoke up on Lewis’ behalf, while his constituents, who also felt slighted, lashed out at Trump as well.

And I fully understand that many on the left think the absolute worst about Trump, as if he was another Hitler about to rise to power, genuinely believing their own, nearly-hysterical rhetoric. Leading the way in the hysteria are the Hollywood elites, among whom Caitlyn Jenner said she has a harder time being a political conservative than being transgender.

But having hysterical reactions to an incoming (or current) president is just as characteristic of the right as it is the left. For the last eight years, I have heard every kind of crazy conspiracy theory about Barack Obama, including the claim that he is a secretly-gay, Muslim member of the Illuminati who is being groomed for his ultimate role as the antichrist. (Some of you reading this are saying in reply, “But he is!”)

My issue is with the reaction of the so-called “tolerant and enlightened” left, the same left that, we are told, tends “to reject bigotry and hate,” yet goes on violent looting riots when it doesn’t get its way and launches death threats against celebrities who stand publicly with Trump.

I’m aware that people burned effigies of Obama after his election, while a liberal scholar writing on the Hill argues that demonstrators “aren’t protesting [Trump] because he is a white male. These protests are because of the bigotry his campaign has emboldened and the fear of discrimination his presidency has the capacity to perpetuate.”

But that underscores the very point I’m making. Those allegedly protesting bigotry, hatred, and discrimination are themselves engaging in those very things, with some Hollywood elites leading the way with their over-the-top, anti-Trump rhetoric.

It is the hypocrisy of the left, not its rejection of Trump, that is galling.

#1494186 --- 01/16/17 01:02 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

God. I think Trump is going to help Putin take over all of Europe. This is the most outrageous actions by the USA since the end of WWII.

************************************************************************************

European leaders shocked as Trump slams NATO and E.U., raising fears of transatlantic split.

Germany's Foreign Minister says comments by US President-elect Donald Trump that NATO was obsolete has aroused concern across the 28-member alliance.

#1494187 --- 01/16/17 01:34 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

“We will cooperate with him on all levels, of course,” German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters in Berlin. But she said Europeans would need to take responsibility for themselves.

“We Europeans have our destiny in our own hands,” she said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As it should be. Funny how liberals complain about the billions of dollars we send to foreign governments, until we maybe won't.

Edited by cwjga (01/16/17 01:35 PM)

#1494188 --- 01/16/17 01:49 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
“We will cooperate with him on all levels, of course,” German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters in Berlin. But she said Europeans would need to take responsibility for themselves.

“We Europeans have our destiny in our own hands,” she said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As it should be. Funny how liberals complain about the billions of dollars we send to foreign governments, until we maybe won't.
If push comes to shove, I would hope we could come to the aid of any Nato country that needs it. Trumps bromance with Putin is totally disgusting.

#1494194 --- 01/16/17 08:42 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: cwjga]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->

Another good reason to carry concealed.

#1494201 --- 01/17/17 06:18 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

God. I think Trump is going to help Putin take over all of Europe. This is the most outrageous actions by the USA since the end of WWII.

************************************************************************************

European leaders shocked as Trump slams NATO and E.U., raising fears of transatlantic split.

Germany's Foreign Minister says comments by US President-elect Donald Trump that NATO was obsolete has aroused concern across the 28-member alliance.

I pray that enough Republicans will grow tire of this fool and return to some form of Normalcy before Trump does irreparable damage which he has already done to some degree.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politics/trump-administration-approval-inauguration/index.html

#1494205 --- 01/17/17 07:28 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: The Mechanic]
cwjga Offline

Originally Posted By: The Mechanic
<!-- -->

Ironic that the only people with hate are the protesters demonstrating against hate.

#1494207 --- 01/17/17 08:47 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline

I can only laugh at your, how would we say, irrefutable lack of knowledge, first of all, why do people protest? I know, life is so great that they're overwhelmed with such gratitude, that they are willing to return the all great rights and benefits and just say "no thanks" secondly, something tells me that you're a older White male, typically the sector of human society that will "protest" anything not in their best benefit. Bottom line, if all were going according to your wishes, you wouldn't be here, would you? but rather in some tropic region, laying back with all the luxuries that life has to offer, ironically you come here everyday with the same screed...protesting with all the hate and vigor you can conjure up. We all know that your type of hate and criticism is exactly what keeps this country in such fine harmony. whistle

#1494210 --- 01/17/17 09:40 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

<!-- -->
Ironic that the only people with hate are the protesters demonstrating against hate.
Really? The alt-right and KKK who support Trump are not filled with hate?

And I would say anyone who says that the civil rights John Lewis is all talk and no action is filled with hate and jealousy.

#1494214 --- 01/17/17 02:04 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

<!-- -->
Really? The alt-right and KKK who support Trump are not filled with hate?

And I would say anyone who says that the civil rights John Lewis is all talk and no action is filled with hate and jealousy.

I agree, Mr. Lewis is all talk and no action, and would sell you out for thirty pieces of silver.

#1494215 --- 01/17/17 02:25 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

Mr. Lewis has more courage in his pinky finger than you in your entire persona. Tell us what has been your redeeming contribution to society? I wonder what you were doing during those highlighted periods of Lewis's life?

http://www.biography.com/people/john-lewis-21305903

#1494216 --- 01/17/17 02:57 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Mr. Lewis has more courage in his pinky finger than you in your entire persona. Tell us what has been your redeeming contribution to society?

Can you explain how you gauge courage?

Mr. Lewis, is a sore loser, like most Democrats.

And if Mr. Lewis is all you say he is, why isn't he screaming from the tallest mountain about the DNC stealing the nomination from Bernie Sanders.

Page 92 of 99 < 1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 98 99 >