FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1493986 --- 01/09/17 02:23 PM Pat Falvey for DA?
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
There's no mandatory retirement age for DA. Falvey could easily run for and win his old job, couldn't he?

FingerLakes1.com
#1494000 --- 01/09/17 04:09 PM Re: Pat Falvey for DA? [Re: Hot Burrito]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I doubt he would be interested in another full time job. He has enough years service in that his retirement is probably close to 100K a year.

#1494006 --- 01/09/17 05:12 PM Re: Pat Falvey for DA? [Re: Hot Burrito]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
He was quoted in the paper as saying he didn't want to retire but was forced to. So why not run for DA? He was a great DA, wasn't he, Gene?

#1494031 --- 01/10/17 12:36 PM Re: Pat Falvey for DA? [Re: Hot Burrito]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I would rate him right up there with the best that I have worked with since the seventies. I would be very surprised if he wanted to run for election and jump back into another busy full time job.

I am happy with the job our current D.A. is doing. She started from scratch with no input from the outgoing D.A. The legislature would not change a full time D.A. position to part time prior to her winning the election. She campaigned that she could do the job with one less full time position. The legislature agreed to reduce the budget as she requested after she was elected.

I am sure the Republican establishment will still be out for blood because she defeated their chosen one. Maybe they have calmed down now that the chosen one is Yates' new county judge.