FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
#1493815 --- 01/03/17 04:30 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: cwjga
It's also hilarious that the dems somehow think that it is the reps that have to compromise. Sorry dems you got the beating of a life time.
Far from it.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/how-does-t...ons-lead-close/

The Electoral College vote is on Monday, and President-Elect Donald Trump’s lead might be greater than you think. It’s nowhere near as close as George W. Bush and Al Gore in 2000, even though it’s far closer than many other elections. Trump has earned 306 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton’s 232. That means that Trump has 56.9 percent of the electoral college vote. But although a sizable lead, it doesn’t count as a landslide. For comparison, Ronald Reagan in 1984 had 97.6 percent of the Electoral College vote.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final-count/

(CNN)More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history. The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Edited by kyle585 (01/03/17 04:37 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1493816 --- 01/03/17 04:55 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga
It's also hilarious that the dems somehow think that it is the reps that have to compromise. Sorry dems you got the beating of a life time.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hous...4b0eb58648acae4

The about-face is significant because it is a strong signal, if one were needed, that public opinion still matters. Despite losing the popular vote for the White House and getting fewer overall votes for Senate seats than Democratic candidates, Republicans are on the verge of controlling all three branches of government, and have telegraphed their intention to ram through the most aggressive agenda possible. Tuesday’s faceplant suggests less may be possible than Republicans think.

It’s also important because the presidential election was characterized by a series of moments that defied political history. Remarks by Trump, whether public or privately recorded, that would have ruined any other candidate ran off his back &#8213; or, in some cases, even gave him a boost. The disorienting campaign has led to speculation that nothing is the same in American politics. Tuesday showed that public opinion still matters.

Overreach is a common mistake made by new majorities, and one that has sunk presidents before.

Edited by kyle585 (01/03/17 04:56 PM)

#1493978 --- 01/09/17 12:10 PM Update:The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Saint Regis
Alibaba's Jack Ma says job creation will focus on small business

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/09/alibaba-t...xt-5-years.html

#1493979 --- 01/09/17 12:18 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: The Mechanic
Go Trump! America is fast on its way to being great again. It's about time after 8 years of failure by Barry.
Trump is totally clueless and most Americans know it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/americans-lack-confidence-in-trump_us_586a8081e4b0de3a08f91111

Less than half of Americans are confident that President-elect Donald Trump can handle several presidential duties, a new Gallup poll finds.

With less than three weeks before Trump takes the oath of office, only 46 percent of Americans are optimistic in his ability to handle an international crisis. Forty-seven percent say they are confident he can use military force wisely and just 44 percent believe Trump can prevent major scandals in his administration.

On the other hand, the poll did show that 60 percent of Americans are confident in Trump’s ability to effectively work with Congress. A little more than half (55 percent) think he will be able to defend U.S. interests abroad.

Compared to the last three U.S. presidents when they took office, Trump polls far lower in Americans’ confidence levels. At least 7 in 10 Americans were confident in key issues before Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton entered the White House.

Although Trump’s favorability has risen since the election, he still has the lowest favorability rating of any president-elect.

When Trump takes office on Jan. 20, the ongoing issues he’ll have to face include the fight against ISIS, Europe’s migrant crisis and Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Added to Trump's other oddities, he chooses to now take on Hollywood celebrities who criticizes his ignorance, all of which gives a totality of this man who has cheated contractors for years.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politics/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-reports/

#1493981 --- 01/09/17 12:29 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline

When will the liar -in -chief follow his own words by bringing his own businesses back to the US?

http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2016/0...e-made-overseas

#1493982 --- 01/09/17 12:30 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
ThomasDecker Offline

How about, 'how to create 1 million US jobs over 5 years'>

#1493983 --- 01/09/17 01:32 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
How about, 'how to create 1 million US jobs over 5 years'>

Some of the most fundamental solutions are right in front of us but politics seems to complicate the matter.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...1111-story.html

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/25/478B-Infrastructure-Bill-Blocked-Senate-GOP

While you're looking for inescapable lies to build your case, please research the negative impact of repealing the ACA in regard to job loses.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/05/obamacare-repeal-costs-3-million-lost-jobs.html

#1494002 --- 01/09/17 04:25 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
8 Ways Trump’s Already Made America Great Again
Liz Crokin

After President-elect Donald Trump’s historic election victory, he’s bypassed popping champagne bottles to celebrate and gone straight to work. Although he doesn’t officially become President until he’s sworn in on his Jan. 20 Inauguration Day, here’s eight ways Trump has already made America greater.

Jobs: Last June President Barack Obama told a Carrier employee at a town hall meeting that there was nothing that could be done about the trend of jobs leaving America. He then mocked Trump for stating on the campaign trail that if he were elected and Carrier moved jobs to Mexico, he’d impose taxes on all the products that were sold in the U.S. “He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, how – what – how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer,” Obama said. Well, apparently Trump does have an answer and a magic wand called a phone. Less than a month after Trump’s election win, Carrier tweeted that they reached a deal with the President-elect to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indiana. Trump also motivated Ford to scrap their plans for a $1.6 billion plant planned for Mexico and instead will invest $700 million in a Michigan assembly plant creating 700 new jobs. “This is a vote of confidence for President-elect Trump and some of the policies he may be pursuing,” Ford CEO Mark Fields said. After a private meeting with Trump on Dec. 6, SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son, who controls OneWeb and Sprint Corp., said he will invest $50 billion in the U.S. and create 50,000 new jobs. Trump has repeatedly touted: “My administration will follow two simple rules: buy American and hire American!” He doesn’t have the keys to the White House yet but he’s already putting his money where his mouth is.

Economy: Trump’s win has brought the stock market up to new records and increased consumer confidence. In December, consumer confidence climbed to the highest level since August 2001, according to Bloomberg. Additionally, holiday spending was over a trillion dollars in 2016, an 8% increase from 2015.

Ethics: On the campaign trail Trump promised he’d “drain the swamp”. He’s already halting government corruption and waste simply by tweeting. On Dec. 6, Trump tweeted that Boeing’s $4 billion price tag for the new fleet of Air Force One planes were “out of control”. However, after the company’s CEO Dennis Muilenburg met with Trump on Dec. 21, he told the press that Boeing would build a new Air Force One fleet for less than $4 billion. “We’re going to get it done for less than that, and we’re committed to working together to make sure that happens,” Muilenburg said. Last week House Republicans voted to eliminate an independent ethics body. However, after Trump fired off critical tweets about the move and their priorities, the Republicans pulled the plan.

Crime: Crime has skyrocketed so high in Chicago that the murder rate has gone up 58% since 2015, the highest it’s been since 1997. More people have been murdered in the Windy City than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and there were more homicides in Chicago in 2016 than LA and NYC combined. As Obama, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and other Chicago politicians continue to ignore the problem, Trump has addressed the problem on multiple occasions, and he’s already suggested that Chicago needs assistance from the federal government if the problem can’t be resolved at the local level. On Jan. 2 he tweeted: “Chicago murder rate is record setting – 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016. If Mayor can’t do it he must ask for Federal help.”

PC culture: Christmas felt a little more special this year thanks to Trump. Trump campaigned that “we will say Merry Christmas” again. Sure enough, during his Thank You Tour he spoke from a podium with a sign that read “Merry Christmas” attached to it and surrounded by Christmas trees. I can’t tell you how many people said to me this holiday season “we can finally say Merry Christmas again!” Trump is already throwing political correctness in the garbage where it belongs and the country is following his lead.

Women: Despite what the left wants you to believe, Trump has continued to elevate women to high-level positions in his administration just as he did at his Trump Organization. He’s filling White House positions with power women who were pivotal to his campaign such as Hope Hicks, Katrina Pierson and Omarosa Manigault. Most notably, Trump put KellyAnne Conway in charge of his campaign, and she became the first woman to run a victorious presidential campaign. Now she’ll serve Trump in the White House as counselor to the president.

Military: Trump is already bringing back long overdue morale to the U.S. military. The soldiers went wild cheering Trump when he attended the Army-Navy game on Dec. 10. Contrast that footage with the photos of the rows of empty seats as the backdrop of Obama’s farewell speech to the military on Jan. 4.

Israel: While the Obama Administration has stabbed Israel in the back by allowing an anti-Israel resolution against settlements to pass, Trump has criticized the UN and vowed to stand up for Israel. Within 24 hours of Trump’s presidential win, he invited Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to meet with him in the U.S. at his earliest convenience. Netanyahu has called Trump a “true friend of Israel”.

On a personal note, the day after the election several of my friends called me to complain about the disgusting things people were writing on their social media pages about Trump. I was baffled because I didn’t see that kind of outrageous negativity in my feeds. I realized that after I had expressed my support for Trump on social media several months prior, people who were intolerant of my political beliefs defriended me, and I defriended anyone who came to my pages and bullied me because of my support for Trump. By Election Day, the swamp had been drained of toxic people in my life. And that’s how Trump made my America great again before he was even elected President.

#1494004 --- 01/09/17 04:43 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
Formermac Offline

Can I laugh now? Every citation you've mention was effected by anything but trump. I see that Trump espouse his win to a auto maker announcing a plans to build 2 formerly made models here in America. The CEO rudely corrected him by stating that their decision was based on a prior 4 year plan which, guess what? Obama can take credit for that action seeing that he just started his 2nd term when the decision was made. Now to Trump's credit, racism is at an all time high, hate crime have risen exponentially and we will see the most erratic president elect come into office on January 20th...if he makes it until that day. wink

#1494005 --- 01/09/17 04:49 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
Formermac Offline

http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/14/o...ccomplishments/

It appears the the GOP has the inability to predict facts and everything takes an extremely different outcome. Only a idiot would attempt to assess a president's success before said person enters office and more so lets wait until they reach that monumental first 100 days. lastly we all understand the fact that dysfunctions on your part somehow fails to correct the so many wrongs on Trump's end. Kinda like having sewer department employee attempting to explain the operations of nuclear fission....please understand, if he/she were so educated,why are they working in the sewer?

#1494015 --- 01/09/17 07:21 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
http://www.people-press.org/2016/12/14/o...ccomplishments/

It appears the the GOP has the inability to predict facts and everything takes an extremely different outcome.

Not only the GOP, but the DNC, could use a good old fashion upgrade of their prediction equipment... ask Ms.Clinton, she knows.

Only a idiot would attempt to assess a president's success before said person enters office and more so lets wait until they reach that monumental first 100 days.

Glade your on board.

lastly we all understand the fact that dysfunctions on your part somehow fails to correct the so many wrongs on Trump's end.

Who's we?

Are you part of some sort of collective?

Kinda like having sewer department employee attempting to explain the operations of nuclear fission....please understand, if he/she were so educated,why are they working in the sewer?

You mean like...Union janitor at a Sewer plant vs the Union janitor at a Nuclear Power plant?

#1494016 --- 01/09/17 07:32 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline

ROTFLMBO, you know a lot about unions don't you? Something tells me that a green uniform was your daily attire.
I also see that shiny objects garner your attention every time
Did your name tag say TOM or THOMAS?

Edited by Formermac (01/09/17 07:33 PM)

#1494017 --- 01/09/17 07:54 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Formermac]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Did your name tag say TOM or THOMAS?

You might try running that inquiry past bluezone if or when he resurfaces. whistle

#1494018 --- 01/09/17 07:58 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline

You know, that cross my mind last week,but I also thought of the perfect timing in regard to the entrance and exit of cwjga and Thomas wink
BUT the more I think about it, Blue seems to be a perfect match.Good looking out Teonan

bluezone (Member #2728)
User
Registered On: 12/19/04 02:33 PM

Edited by Formermac (01/09/17 08:02 PM)

#1494022 --- 01/10/17 07:05 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
The Golden Globes Are Why Donald Trump Is Not Going Anywhere

Meryl Streep’s Golden Globe Speech is the perfect example of how Hollywood doesn’t understand America.

Last night, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association gathered to give awards to people in Hollywood in front of other people from Hollywood — and it was the perfect example of the kind of self-serving ego-stroking trash that is going to keep these wannabe political activists from ever having any influence over anyone outside of their bubble.
First of all, there’s the fact that La La Land – a movie about Hollywood — won more Golden Globes than any other movie in the history of the Golden Globes. Sure, it was probably a good movie (I wouldn’t know, I watch only the news, true-crime TV, and ’90s Adam Sandler movies) but the fact that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was apparently more enchanted with a movie about themselves than any other film ever is a story almost too perfect to write.
And then there was Meryl Streep’s speech — and I’m not just talking about her Donald Trump comments, either. Yes, those comments certainly played a role in pissing people off, and I will get to them later, but focusing on those alone would ignore just how terribly self-indulgent and ignorant so much of the rest of it was.
Streep actually had the nerve and naiveté to begin her speech by whining about how Hollywood is one of “the most vilified segments in American society right now” — all while wearing a gown that probably costs more than all of the clothing in an average American’s closet combined. I’m not saying that it’s impossible to be rich and miserable; what I am saying is if I am ever worth tens of millions of dollars and I still use my time in a public speech to complain about how victimized I am, please do me a favor and punch me in the face. People may be mean to you on the Internet, and that may be a bummer, but I can assure you that no one waking up at 5 a.m. to shovel coal from a mine or facing a day full of soul-crushing number-crunching interrupted only by a 20-minute break to eat a turkey sandwich on bread that may not even be organic wants to hear it. Streep said that people should be grateful for the Hollywood elite because without them they’d “have nothing to watch but football and mixed martial arts” — because apparently she’s too trapped in her bubble to realize that those are both things that many people very much enjoy.
Throughout the speech, Streep kept insisting that the actors gathered at the Golden Globes represented nothing more than a collection of various regular people from various regular places — “I was born and raised and educated in the public schools of New Jersey,” she bragged — but the fact is, just because you start out as a “regular person” doesn’t mean that you’ll stay that way forever.
Regardless of who these “Hollywood elites” were before they became rich and famous, the truth is that they have since become people who were too isolated to consider that Donald Trump had any chance of winning the election, and who are still too isolated understand that they’re going to have to accept the fact that he did. Yes, the job of an actor may be, as Streep noted, “to enter the lives of people who are different,” but that doesn’t change the fact that when it’s time to give out awards, the film that they connect to the most is still the one about the glitzy lives they’re living now. It doesn’t change the fact that, instead of trying to connect with Trump voters to try and understand why they did what they did, they’d rather just write them off as garbage people and continue to make comments slamming them any chance they get.
Sure, some people may be calling Streep’s comments on Donald Trump “brave” — but those are the exact same people who already agreed with her anyway. Hollywood does not need to win over those people. They’ve been won, and continuing to mock the other side over things that happened more than a year ago is only going to ensure that their side will continue to lose.
I was no supporter of Donald Trump during the election. In fact, like Streep, I consider many of his comments and actions to be disgusting, including the one that she referenced last night. But the truth is, that incident with the reporter happened in 2015 . . . and he won anyway. Bringing it up isn’t going to change anyone’s mind about Trump, because the people who voted for him voted for him despite having known about it — and there were enough of those people to win him the White House. Her speech is not going to help her cause; it only encouraged the Trump voters who did not listen to Hollywood during the election to continue to not listen to Hollywood. If people like Streep are really concerned about the direction of our country, and if they really do want to change it, then they need to make earnest attempts to connect with the people they disagree with instead of going on self-serving, elitist rants in a country that’s full of people who do like things like MMA.

Katherine Timpf

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...m_content=timpf

#1494023 --- 01/10/17 07:45 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: cwjga]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

Trump's apologists oozing with typically lame deflections.

"Deny it." whistle

Former Trump campaign manager and incoming White House counselor Kellyanne Conway offered a very specific suggestion for Meryl Streep during a CNN appearance.

Conway told CNN's Chris Cuomo she thinks it's "great" that Streep wants to give a platform about the disabled.

"But seriously speaking, why didn't she use that platform to talk about the mentally challenged boy that was tortured on live streaming Facebook, by four young African-American adults in Chicago?" Conway asked Cuomo.

"Because one was done by a bunch of miscreants, the other was done by the President-elect of the United States," Cuomo shot back.

Conway disagreed.

"You're really going to equate the two?" she asked, though she was the one who brought up both scenarios.

But Cuomo wouldn't budge.

"One of them was a crime. There's no controversy over that," he said of the Chicago teens charged with the hate crime. "We know who did it, they don't deny doing it, if they do, it doesn't matter."

Cuomo also explained that the entire controversy over Trump mocking disabled reporter Serge Kovaleski could have been avoided had the President-elect simply apologized.

"He can [deny] it a million [times]," Cuomo told Conway. "Look at the video."

Read on: http://www.alternet.org/culture/conservatives-try-and-fail-counter-meryl-streeps-anti-trump-genius

#1494035 --- 01/11/17 08:17 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
Personally, I don't like Trump but, if he does something right, you have to give him credit. Let's hope those jobs are good paying jobs.

Here is something else he's working on. This is going to be the biggest sh_t storm as Big Pharma and MSM try to squash this.

Robert Kennedy Jr. says he will chair "vaccination safety" committee for Trump

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-meets-with-vaccine-skeptic-robert-kennedy-jr/

#1494050 --- 01/12/17 06:39 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: MissingArty]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: MissingArty
Personally, I don't like Trump
I am quite sure the percentage of Americans that don't like Trump is going to keep growing and growing when they see he has no idea how to run this country.

#1494162 --- 01/15/17 07:23 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

So far, everything the Democrats have done to Mr. Trump, has backfired, blown up in their faces, or just plain fizzled out.

And next up, President-Elect Trump's Inauguration Day Protests, January 20, 2017 Washington DC, please don't miss it.

I heard, buses from Ithaca loading with crazed liberal protest's are going down to DC for the inauguration.

And I seen somewhere else, a group of Patriot bikers, we're making a meat shield to protect President Trump, if the Police need them.

My opinion only.

What happens this next week, could be a good indicator the direction of the country.

If a group of Protecting Patriots, and a group of Protesting Liberals meet head on, it could be interesting.

It could get real funny if code pink shows up with their air force.

#1494163 --- 01/15/17 07:28 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING! [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker
So far, everything the Democrats have done to Mr. Trump, has backfired, blown up in their faces, or just plain fizzled out.
Wow. What world do you live in?

Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 ... 42 43 >