FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1495284 --- 02/12/17 11:30 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: scwoodchuck]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
what is your explanation of why the town of seneca (ontario county) homeowners pay no property taxes?

FingerLakes1.com
#1495286 --- 02/12/17 11:38 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: bluezone]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Your question is misleading, they pay school tax and county tax. However the town does pay down some of the county tax, but not all. The town tax was miniscule anyway.

#1495384 --- 02/14/17 07:46 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: scwoodchuck]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
The town tax was miniscule anyway.

why is it so low?

#1495386 --- 02/14/17 09:53 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: bluezone]
scwoodchuck Offline

is your sister-in-law paying you to help her out ? Now that she is no longer on the board she doesn't have the newspaper to use as a platform she has to depend on the internet.

#1495400 --- 02/14/17 04:06 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: bluezone]
scwoodchuck Offline

#1495403 --- 02/14/17 07:10 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: scwoodchuck]
DMP Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
Your question is misleading, they pay school tax and county tax. However the town does pay down some of the county tax, but not all. The town tax was miniscule anyway.

Is the question misleading in the same way you and SMI are misleading the people of Seneca Falls and their "tax triple?" Or is it just misleading to fit your current trash rhetoric?

#1495404 --- 02/14/17 08:07 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: DMP]
scwoodchuck Offline

If you are so smart why don't you tell everyone where our trash will go and how much it will cost. Then explain how you expect everyone to compost and recycle stuff that no manufacturer wants, and how much that will cost.

#1495427 --- 02/15/17 10:18 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: DMP]
scwoodchuck Offline

Here you go, this is what you want isn't it ?
DEC Announces New Director for Environmental Justice
Rosa Méndez appointed to advance agency's environmental justice efforts
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) is pleased to announce the appointment of Rosa Méndez as Director of the Office of Environmental Justice.

"Rosa Méndez is bringing a wealth of legal knowledge and advocacy to DEC. Her background in energy, land-use and clean air, as well as housing rights, make her an asset to the agency. She will accelerate our ongoing efforts to bring all New Yorkers to the table when critical environmental and climate decisions are being made," said DEC Commissioner Basil Seggos.

Méndez comes to DEC from the New York Department of State's Coastal Management Program. In this position, she analyzed federal proposals in coastal areas to ensure consistency with state policies and worked to meaningfully involve impacted communities in local waterfront revitalization programs. Her prior experience includes working in criminal defense law, and as a Public Service Fellow, empowering New York's vulnerable homeless population.

Méndez hails from New York City's Sunset Park neighborhood and holds an undergraduate degree in Natural Resources from Cornell University, and a Juris Doctorate from Vermont Law School, where she was President of the Latin American Law Students Association. She is a member of both the New York and New Jersey Bar, as well as the Hispanic National Bar Association.

"DEC is advancing environmental justice because the agency recognizes the intersection of our work and the hard work of communities to create healthier and more resilient neighborhoods," Méndez said. "I am excited to be joining DEC to ensure that all New Yorkers have a voice, especially those on the frontlines of climate change."

DEC's Office of Environmental Justice addresses the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all citizens in the development and implementation of environmental programs to ensure that no group or community is made to bear a disproportionate share of the harmful effects of pollution or environmental hazards.

Visit DEC's website to learn more about DEC's Environmental Justice programs.

http://www.dec.ny

#1495456 --- 02/15/17 05:05 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: scwoodchuck]
DMP Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
[quote=scwoodchuck]Here you go, this is what you want isn't it ? ]

No, this is what we want.

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20170214/ontario-county-moving-on-goal-to-close-landfill

#1495460 --- 02/15/17 07:46 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: DMP]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Hey Chuck, Danny thinks the county can close its landfill in Ontario County without DEC permission, which I thnk is highly unlikely. The DEC controlls the funds for the closing process and they will have to approve it before any closing activity can begin. If there is any remaining capacity the DEC may make them use it up before they are allowed to send anything to another landfill. Everyone seems to forget who is in charge crazy

#1495463 --- 02/16/17 06:53 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: Hello_Governer]
scwoodchuck Offline

Seems to me that nobody realizes that the DEC figures that all the landfills in the state will be filled to capacity in 15 to 20 years. This makes each and every landfill necessary until they come up with an alternative. Recycling doesn't work mainly because people are to lazy and Cuomo is probably chomping at the bit to impose huge fines on people who don't comply. Makes me wonder how the few hundred landfill haters are going to feel when the other 32 thousand people get pissed off because of the expense of alternative methods.

#1495566 --- 02/18/17 07:25 PM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: scwoodchuck]
Mighty_Oak Offline

Figure we can ship it out of state Has to be somewhere else that's has some one as astute as you to extoll the obvious benefits of hosting a landfill.

#1495573 --- 02/19/17 05:28 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: Mighty_Oak]
scwoodchuck Offline

OH god, another one who doesn't understand the consequence of eating ! crazy

#1495574 --- 02/19/17 07:47 AM Re: Message to the new Town Board [Re: Mighty_Oak]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Inhaling the nitrogen in landfill gas enhances your sex life laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3