FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1490808 --- 10/17/16 09:00 AM This sign is legal???
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Loc: USA

City Manager Matt Horn is quoted in the FL Times that the sign is legal.
Does this section of the city code not apply??

Geneva City Code, Section 350-30

No sign or other device for advertising purpose of any kind may be erected or established in the municipality except and provided as follows:

A. Signs in residential districts. No sign or other device for advertising purposes of any kind may be erected or established in any residential district except and provided as follows:

(1) Permitted nonresidential uses and legal nonconforming nonresidential uses, but not including home occupations or day nurseries, may display signs pertaining to the use of property having an aggregate total face area of not more than 30 square feet and not projecting beyond the principal building of such use to which they are attached more than 24 inches, except that where such nonresidential uses are set back from property lines, one sign may be erected in the ground, provided that such ground signs shall not exceed 15 square feet in total face area, shall not exceed five feet in height, shall be parallel to the lot frontage and shall be no nearer than 10 feet to any property line. If such freestanding signs face substantially at right angles to the road and/or display in more than one direction, they shall have a face area of not more than eight square feet per side, with no more than two sides.

It seems that it's excluded from the definition of a sign under Section 350-2B. But what else would one call it if not a sign?

Oh well, it'll be gone in a few weeks anyway, like the bad memory of this year's campaign.

Edited by Lucinda Knotts (10/17/16 09:28 AM)

FingerLakes1.com
#1490809 --- 10/17/16 09:13 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
justacitizen Offline

How is the sign legal Mr. City Manager?

#1490810 --- 10/17/16 09:48 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
FLaker Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
See:
GCC 350-9(I)(8)(i):
Signs permitted in any district. Except as expressly prohibited in this article, the following signs may be erected and maintained in a planned commercial district or planned residential district: Political signs. Political signs, provided that such signs are not more than 32 square feet in area if located in a PCD district or eight square feet in area if located in a PRD district; are limited to not more than one per lot; are located entirely on private property pursuant to the owner's consent; are clearly marked with the name, address and telephone number of the person responsible for the removal of such sign; are erected not more than 45 days prior to such election; and are removed within seven days following such election.

#1490811 --- 10/17/16 10:00 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
the Federalist Offline

Loc: the America made great again
Just another liberal who doesn't believe in the First Amendment. wink

#1490812 --- 10/17/16 10:07 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: the Federalist]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Oh I'm for the First Amendment alright, even though Trump's proposed ban/"extreme vetting" for Muslims as well as his antipathy for a free press would seem at odds. In any case, the sign will be gone in a few weeks. grin

#1490813 --- 10/17/16 02:08 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
ruby2 Offline

Well, just looking at the size of the sign tells me it's an intrusion on the neighborhood no matter what it says or what laws in this case do or do not apply.  I mean a little common sense is in order here and some regard for your neighbors who may or may not agree with you.  I understand the homeowners enthusiasm for the candidate (you can't miss it), but it cries out for a sign war of huge proportions when the bar has been set so high by this one homeowner.

Would a large Dumbo the Elephant balloon with Trumps name on it be acceptable also?

#1490814 --- 10/17/16 02:39 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: ruby2]
HGT 64 Offline

Loc: Canandaigua
Didn't one of the City Council members have signs, similar in size, posted all over the City before the last election ??

#1490819 --- 10/17/16 08:24 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
genevaparent Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
I drove by the billboard today. It is really quite large. I give to owner credit for being so brave to let everyone know how much he loves the man. I would not feel comfortable telegraphing that I support a man that is a xenophobe that doesn't respect women. I feel bad for his neighbors.

#1490821 --- 10/17/16 08:47 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Tiger Shark Offline

I wouldn't say he's brave, more of a loudmouth. He's a city employee so he knows he can get away with it. Notice how in the news paper he mentions the chief of the zoning board or whatever knows about the sign. They are likely buddies. I would have more respect for his "bravery" if he was not a city employee.

#1490824 --- 10/18/16 06:21 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

did you take the photo?

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts

#1490831 --- 10/18/16 09:08 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: bluezone

Oh well, it'll be gone in a few weeks anyway

rather interesting that you bring up city code

we do recall that when the chicken coop was under question you and mr king (who live in another area of the city) felt it was ok to let the chicken coop move forward because it did not affect either of you even though it violated city code

now you are concerned about an item that will only be there for a few weeks... whistle

mr king lives right around the corner and he has not spoke out about it so it must be ok grin

he goes past it many times a week when he walks to wegmans to get his groceries

if the city wants it taken down all the property owner needs to say it is the begin stage of a chicken coop

Why do you insist on flaunting your ignorance?the reason I ask that question is the fact that she made a valid point. Geneva has a track record (I use to own property there) of being shady on what is code and what's not code. Any given year,a property inspection would realize several violations but an adjoining piece of property own by a well known individual with the same violation would pass code. Now before you open your loose mouth, I can emphatically state that the city was always fair to me but others went through hoops just a get a fair shake. The point that Lucinda is making, depending on who you are, this sign may be acceptable or violate city code.

#1490841 --- 10/18/16 09:46 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

rather interesting that you bring up city code
we do recall that when the chicken coop was under question you and mr king (who live in another area of the city) felt it was ok to let the chicken coop move forward because it did not affect either of you even though it violated city code
now you are concerned about an item that will only be there for a few weeks... whistle
mr king lives right around the corner and he has not spoke out about it so it must be ok grin
he goes past it many times a week when he walks to wegmans to get his groceries
if the city wants it taken down all the property owner needs to say it is the begin stage of a chicken coop

Honestly, BZ, I'm starting to think that your mind is the "begin stage of a chicken coop," what with all the fluff and feathers floating around. crazy

#1490843 --- 10/18/16 10:14 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Honestly

it is rather simple

you only apply the city codes that you want enforced

#1490844 --- 10/18/16 10:20 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
this sign may be acceptable or violate city code.

in your opinion does it violate city code?

#1490845 --- 10/18/16 10:49 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Honestly

it is rather simple

you only apply the city codes that you want enforced

FYI, I don't apply the city code -- the city employees do that. Stick to chicken coops.

#1490848 --- 10/18/16 11:17 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

FYI, I don't apply the city code -- the city employees do that.

then you had no reason to even start this thread grin

#1490857 --- 10/18/16 03:58 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac
this sign may be acceptable or violate city code.

in your opinion does it violate city code?

When it comes to codes and regulations, my opinion don't count, tell you what, look up your city code in regard to yard signage, post the regulation here that we may attempt to "interpret" it in layman's terms, how's that?

#1490858 --- 10/18/16 05:23 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Kells Offline

Again with the chicken coop. A chicken running for president would be a better choice than Donald Trump, IMHO. That little matter left the city with a wee bit of egg on its face, no?

The sign is obviously classless, as was the noose hung before it. Still, it is legal. Did you expect that politicians of all people would pass a law that limits the size of political signs?

To be honest, I appreciate people like the sign owner publicly identifying themselves by their beliefs. I am fairly certain I can ascertain, from a simple sign, how a property owner likely feels toward minorities, gays, and others who are not straight, and white, and - well, you probably get the idea. If only ALL members of society with similar views would identify themselves publicly in such a fashion, it would be much, much easier to know who is back in the stone ages with Trump, and who is moving forward with the rest of us.

Seeing such a sign posted so proudly lets me know who I should tell to go cluck themselves.

#1490878 --- 10/19/16 04:16 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Kells
I appreciate people like the sign owner publicly identifying themselves by their beliefs

and what beliefs could you identify with a hillary sign?

#1490884 --- 10/19/16 05:57 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

Really, are you this dysfunctional that we are relegated to speaking of a political sign in question and must now come down to the level of a kindergartner? Stick to the venue, address your city signage.

#1490976 --- 10/21/16 06:48 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Formermac]
4sizzle Offline

Loc: here and there
So we are worried about the size of a polical sign and we just got hit with a huge increase in the amount that we pay in our water and sewer bills. Which fight should we be fighting??

#1490977 --- 10/21/16 08:03 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: 4sizzle]
Formermac Offline

Who said that I was worried being that I don't live in Geneva. In regard to a water bill, I hear that your water contain high levels of lead, now that would concern me. If you look at the content of my statement, it relates to governmental policies and how Geneva addresses those issues, high property taxes, land contaminants and slum housing.

#1491266 --- 10/27/16 03:57 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
Freedom of Speech!

#1491271 --- 10/27/16 04:52 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: 4sizzle]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: 4sizzle
So we are worried about the size of a polical sign and we just got hit with a huge increase in the amount that we pay in our water and sewer bills. Which fight should we be fighting??

That would make a GREAT thread topic... Perhaps you should start one.

There's no reason that both can't be discussed.

#1491273 --- 10/27/16 06:23 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: The Mechanic]
Kells Offline

Originally Posted By: The Mechanic
Freedom of Speech!

Enjoy it while you can, because if Trump gets into office, the only amendment that is safe is #2.

#1491294 --- 10/27/16 11:14 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: The Mechanic]
Tiger Shark Offline

Freedom of Speech!

So long as that speech fits in nicely with your tiny little small-town world view.

Suppose that sign said something along the lines of "More abortions! Kill all babies!" Would you be making the "Freedumb of speech!!!" argument then?

Didn't think so.

#1491307 --- 10/28/16 09:28 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

that the sign is legal.

build one of your own

odd that you are worried about this but an individual can delete 33,000 governmental emails that are under subpeona and you look the other way

#1491310 --- 10/28/16 10:00 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

build one of your own

odd that you are worried about this but an individual can delete 33,000 governmental emails that are under subpeona and you look the other way

Build one of my own???? Why would I put up a giant sign for a misogynistic jackass complete with life-size pictures of him? Apparently a majority of the eligible voters in the country agree with me and don't find that odd at all. I'm not worried about an eyesore that will be gone in a few weeks. As for the emails, it's my understanding that Clinton requested their deletion several weeks BEFORE the subpoena was issued. She likely assumed that they were erased. I'm not looking the other way on that matter, it's just not that important. I'm looking forward to her inauguration in January and Trump's deletion from the political arena.

#1491312 --- 10/28/16 10:23 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Build one of my own???? Why would I put up a giant sign for a misogynistic jackass complete with life-size pictures of him?

must be why you were the only to complain to the city about it
Apparently a majority of the eligible voters in the country agree with me

did they complain when the it was first put up?

I'm not worried about an eyesore that will be gone in a few weeks.

but yet you started a thread about it... whistle

As for the emails, it's my understanding that Clinton requested their deletion several weeks BEFORE the subpoena was issued.

setting up her own private server was illegal and she knew it

She likely assumed that they were erased.

bleach bit

I'm not looking the other way on that matter, it's just not that important.

but the sign is...hummm

I'm looking forward to her inauguration in January

or jail time
laugh

#1491313 --- 10/28/16 10:34 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

or jail time laugh

If you actually think that's possible (Trump going to lose, making that idiotic statement irrelevant) you're an even bigger jackass than he is. laugh laugh laugh laugh

#1491317 --- 10/28/16 10:50 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

or jail time laugh

If you actually think that's possible

martha stewart went to jail for even less

#1491328 --- 10/28/16 12:03 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

martha stewart went to jail for even less

Martha was convicted of obstruction of justice connected to insider trading. Despite years of investigations instigated by feckless Republicans, Hillary hasn't even been indicted for anything much less convicted. Poor BZ. It must cause you endless heartburn that your fantasies won't come true. frown

What does Martha Stewart have to do with a yard sign anyway?

#1491339 --- 10/28/16 02:28 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Political analysts freak out at FBI director after agency reopens Clinton email probe
The Business Insider • 1 hour ago
Political analysts reacted to news on Friday that the FBI was reopening its probe into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server by suggesting …
FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
Times of Malta • 12 minutes ago
In July, the FBI characterized Clinton's handling of classified information via email as "extremely careless" but, after a months-long investigation, it recommended that no …

1. James Comey, FBI Director, reopens Clinton email ...
Washington Times2 hours ago
Oct 28, 2016 • The FBI has reopened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s secret emails, Director James Comey told Congress in a new letter Friday, heightening the ...

#1491345 --- 10/28/16 02:53 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
cwjga Offline

Freedom of Speech!

Enjoy it while you can, because if Trump gets into office, the only amendment that is safe is #2.

At least one will be safe. Hillary has already thrown them all out

She will make sure she puts judges on SCOTUS that will do what she says

#1491346 --- 10/28/16 02:56 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

Well, as Alexander Pope wrote, "Hope springs eternal." But don't hold your breath, BZ.

#1491360 --- 10/28/16 07:29 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

wink

#1491361 --- 10/28/16 07:30 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Freedom of Speech!

I wouldn't count on THAT one, either.

#1491362 --- 10/28/16 07:32 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Wrong again, Skippy! whistle

#1491363 --- 10/28/16 07:36 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

What does Martha Stewart have to do with a yard sign anyway?

Other than the fact that she knows that Trump is a total Jackass... nothing. grin

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/18/media/martha-stewart-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

#1491375 --- 10/29/16 08:06 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Wrong again

explain why it was not

obama did not have one

#1491376 --- 10/29/16 08:27 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

What does an email server have to do with the Trumpo sign?

#1491381 --- 10/29/16 09:54 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: Tiger Shark
Freedom of Speech!

So long as that speech fits in nicely with your tiny little small-town world view.

Suppose that sign said something along the lines of "More abortions! Kill all babies!" Would you be making the "Freedumb of speech!!!" argument then?

Didn't think so.

I would have to look at the person who would post such a sign and see if they are losers and if their kids grew up to be losers and if that was the case then I could make a case for abortion. If momma's baby boy never amounted to much and sits around smoking dope then yeah...she should of had an abortion.

#1491387 --- 10/29/16 01:34 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Wrong again, Skippy!

explain why it was not

obama did not have one

As has already been REPEATEDLY explained to you... at the time, the department's policy on inter-departmental Email, was just that... a "policy". It carried with it no weight of law or criminality for her to use her own server. It was terribly ill-advised (as she has admitted) and it was not unknown by others in the department as a bad practice. But it was categorically NOT illegal.

Now, back on topic.

#1491402 --- 10/29/16 11:19 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: The Mechanic]
Tiger Shark Offline

<!-- -->
Freedom of Speech!

Didn't think so.

I would have to look at the person who would post such a sign and see if they are losers and if their kids grew up to be losers and if that was the case then I could make a case for abortion. If momma's baby boy never amounted to much and sits around smoking dope then yeah...she should of had an abortion.

So abortion is wrong except when you personally dislike the person they turned out to be? lol. It's hilarious how hypocritical you people are.

#1491413 --- 10/30/16 12:15 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Then there's the Clinton Foundation!

#1491414 --- 10/30/16 12:35 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

As

18 U.S. code 2071

#1491424 --- 10/30/16 02:47 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Kells Offline

OH MY, how this has escalated.

On an unrelated note, is that trashy sign still up in Geneva? Any nooses hanging from trees to go along with it this year?

#1491428 --- 10/30/16 05:23 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
gassy one Offline

Obviously if it was a Clinton sign you would be all for it!!

#1491437 --- 10/30/16 07:19 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Wrong again, Skippy!

explain why it was not

obama did not have one

As has already been REPEATEDLY explained to you... at the time, the department's policy on inter-departmental Email, was just that... a "policy". It carried with it no weight of law or criminality for her to use her own server. It was terribly ill-advised (as she has admitted) and it was not unknown by others in the department as a bad practice. But it was categorically NOT illegal.

Now, back on topic.

18 U.S. code 2071

< Moved To Hillary Thread >

Now go hijack a different one.

#1491438 --- 10/30/16 07:20 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

OH MY, how this has escalated.

On an unrelated note, is that trashy sign still up in Geneva? Any nooses hanging from trees to go along with it this year?

On THE related note... It is, indeed, still up.

#1491440 --- 10/30/16 07:31 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Who is asking u DUMBO!

#1491441 --- 10/30/16 07:33 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: gassy one]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Looks like H*rley's back. eek

Time to spray for cockroaches again.

#1491443 --- 10/30/16 07:46 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Timbo]
gassy one Offline

Just gotta tell it like it is!

#1491462 --- 10/31/16 02:07 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: gassy one]
Tiger Shark Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one
Who is asking u DUMBO!

I'm picturing a morbidly obese man-child, who dropped out of school in the 8th grade, clad in NASCAR t-shirt and rebel flag cap, lashing out at anyone or anything he does not understand.

#1491472 --- 10/31/16 06:44 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
gassy one Offline

I'm picturing a Cornell man who relied on daddy & mommy to pay his way to get a big education and a big ego and no sense of reality in the real world and his sense of security is his teddy bear or belittling people!

#1491480 --- 10/31/16 08:01 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

sign?

and you were worried about a sign... whistle

#1491505 --- 10/31/16 01:23 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: gassy one]
BrumWife Offline

Loc: Geneva
Trump went to University of Pennsylvania, You got the wrong Ivy league school. Everything else was spot on though. whistle
I'm picturing a Cornell man who relied on daddy & mommy to pay his way to get a big education and a big ego and no sense of reality in the real world and his sense of security is his teddy bear or belittling people!

#1491508 --- 10/31/16 01:34 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: BrumWife]
gassy one Offline

The reference was to Tiger Shark!!

#1491531 --- 10/31/16 09:47 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: gassy one]
Tiger Shark Offline

The reference was to Tiger Shark!!

lol, you're like a little baby.

#1491537 --- 10/31/16 09:59 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
gassy one Offline

I've hit pretty close to home though!!!! LOL!!

#1491549 --- 10/31/16 10:12 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Tiger Shark Offline

As did I. Isn't there a NASCAR race on for you to be watching?

#1491551 --- 10/31/16 10:14 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
gassy one Offline

I think you should be watching Looney Tunes!

#1491553 --- 10/31/16 10:17 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Tiger Shark Offline

Oh, excellent rebuttal. Bed time, lil man, you have third grade in the am.

#1491555 --- 10/31/16 10:19 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
gassy one Offline

Isn't it time for mommy to tuck you in with your little teddy bear???

#1491603 --- 11/01/16 08:11 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

have you got them to remove the sign?

#1491616 --- 11/01/16 09:11 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: bluezone]
gassy one Offline

have you got them to remove the sign?

Great looking sign to me!!!

#1491758 --- 11/01/16 09:34 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Tiger Shark Offline

If it was a sign for Hillary, would you be so enthusiastic?

#1491764 --- 11/01/16 10:38 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
gassy one Offline

NOT REALLY!! LOL!!

#1491864 --- 11/03/16 12:09 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
<!-- -->
Freedom of Speech!

Didn't think so.

So abortion is wrong except when you personally dislike the person they turned out to be? lol. It's hilarious how hypocritical you people are.

Freedom of Speech!

#1491875 --- 11/03/16 03:39 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Tiger Shark Offline

*BUUUUUURRRRPPPP* Freedumb of speech!!!!

You can keep repeating that, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

#1491944 --- 11/04/16 08:34 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

is the sign still up?

#1492254 --- 11/07/16 09:46 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
pingu Offline

Loc: Right here.
You answered your own question on this post. It's not advertising but a political sign. Yep, it's HUGE alright and will be gone after this week. I wonder why the two cut-outs keep coming and going in the yard? I can only imagine how much those signs cost.

City Manager Matt Horn is quoted in the FL Times that the sign is legal.

No sign or other device for advertising purpose of any kind may be erected or established in the municipality except and provided as follows:

A. Signs in residential districts. No sign or other device for advertising purposes of any kind may be erected or established in any residential district except and provided as follows:

(1) Permitted nonresidential uses and legal nonconforming nonresidential uses, but not including home occupations or day nurseries, may display signs pertaining to the use of property having an aggregate total face area of not more than 30 square feet and not projecting beyond the principal building of such use to which they are attached more than 24 inches, except that where such nonresidential uses are set back from property lines, one sign may be erected in the ground, provided that such ground signs shall not exceed 15 square feet in total face area, shall not exceed five feet in height, shall be parallel to the lot frontage and shall be no nearer than 10 feet to any property line. If such freestanding signs face substantially at right angles to the road and/or display in more than one direction, they shall have a face area of not more than eight square feet per side, with no more than two sides.

It seems that it's excluded from the definition of a sign under Section 350-2B. But what else would one call it if not a sign?

Oh well, it'll be gone in a few weeks anyway, like the bad memory of this year's campaign.

#1492308 --- 11/08/16 11:13 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Tiger Shark]
The Mechanic Offline

You can keep repeating that, it doesn't make you any less wrong.

What's wrong with a person exercising his freedom of speech and right to vote for who he wants?

#1492357 --- 11/09/16 04:34 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
Freedom of Speech!

Trump is in and my First and Second Amendment rights are safe.

#1492360 --- 11/09/16 05:21 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Kells Offline

Thank you to all of those who outed themselves as closet white supremacists this election. We need to do this more than once every four years!

#1492377 --- 11/10/16 07:57 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
The Mechanic Offline

Well in four more years we will see what happens.

#1492384 --- 11/10/16 08:36 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Thank you to all of those who outed themselves as closet white supremacists this election. We need to do this more than once every four years!

Hillary Clinton failed to win over black, Hispanic and female voters: Early signs as to how this unexpected result occurred can be seen in demographic exit poll data, with Clinton doing worse than expected among women, Hispanic voters and African Americans.

Trump Did Better Than Romney Among Hispanics, And Blacks: Intriguingly, despite expectations that his path to victory depended on supercharging white turnout, Trump did not outperform Romney among white voters. He received just 58 percent of the white vote, a small drop from Romney’s 59 percent

#1492389 --- 11/10/16 09:30 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: newsman38]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: newsman38

Hillary Clinton failed to win over black, Hispanic and female voters: Early signs as to how this unexpected result occurred can be seen in demographic exit poll data, with Clinton doing worse than expected among women, Hispanic voters and African Americans.

Trump Did Better Than Romney Among Hispanics, And Blacks: Intriguingly, despite expectations that his path to victory depended on supercharging white turnout, Trump did not outperform Romney among white voters. He received just 58 percent of the white vote, a small drop from Romney’s 59 percent

Because the poor have been voting for liberals for like 50 years and they are still poor, still don't have decent jobs and live where they are told to live in substandard crime ridden area's.

#1492491 --- 11/13/16 10:31 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
LittleKing Offline

Is the sign still up and does it now say "I told you so"?

#1492498 --- 11/14/16 12:52 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: The Mechanic]
Tiger Shark Offline

<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: newsman38

Because the poor have been voting for liberals for like 50 years and they are still poor, still don't have decent jobs and live where they are told to live in substandard crime ridden area's.

What about all the hillbillies and trailer park residents who have been voting republican for decades thinking they are going to get rich? You are still living on welfare in a box, when are you going to see results? When is it going to happen for you, Cletus?

#1492522 --- 11/14/16 08:12 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY

I like Mike Rowe's perspective...

"For what it’s worth, Carol, I don’t think Donald Trump won by tapping into America’s “racist underbelly,” and I don’t think Hillary lost because she’s a woman. I think a majority of people who voted in this election did so in spite of their many misgivings about the character of both candidates. That’s why it’s very dangerous to argue that Clinton supporters condone lying under oath and obstructing justice. Just as it’s equally dangerous to suggest a Trump supporter condones gross generalizations about foreigners and women.

These two candidates were the choices we gave ourselves, and each came with a heaping helping of vulgarity and impropriety. Yeah, it was dirty job for sure, but the winner was NOT decided by a racist and craven nation – it was decided by millions of disgusted Americans desperate for real change. The people did not want a politician. The people wanted to be seen. Donald Trump convinced those people that he could see them. Hillary Clinton did not."

http://mikerowe.com/2016/11/otw-2016election/

Stop crying over your candidate's loss and start learning about why half the nation wouldn't support her: NAFTA, Wall Street, Monsanto, mandatory vaccinations, Clinton Foundation, Glass-Steagall, emails, etc.

He's in, get over it, get involved.

Trump has a new website. He wants to hear your ideas and concerns.

https://www.greatagain.gov/

And no, I did not vote for him. I voted for the one perfect candidate that all of you ignored.

#1492531 --- 11/15/16 08:48 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
Kells Offline

Not everyone who voted for Donald Trump was racist.

But everyone who is a racist voted for Donald Trump.

His campaign eventually talked about things like jobs, and that attracted some middle-of-the-road Republicans and some feeling-abandoned Democrats. But said campaign got off to a roaring start with a mixture of racism and ethnocentrism.

#1492532 --- 11/15/16 09:17 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
Not everyone who voted for Donald Trump was racist.

But everyone who is a racist voted for Donald Trump.

Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Al Sharpton and Bill Clinton all voted for Trump?

#1492817 --- 11/25/16 05:12 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Kells]
Hot Burrito Offline

Loc: Tiajuna Flats
To be honest, I appreciate people like the sign owner publicly identifying themselves by their beliefs....lets me know who I should tell to go cluck themselves.

So, is Kells your real name or are you a complete hypocrite?

#1492824 --- 11/25/16 08:33 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Hot Burrito]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End
Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito
To be honest, I appreciate people like the sign owner publicly identifying themselves by their beliefs....lets me know who I should tell to go cluck themselves.

Oh sure. Now THAT'S a splendid brain fart. crazy

H.B. Like a drunken Snooki. Forever hustling for relevancy.

#1492857 --- 11/27/16 09:53 AM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Hot Burrito]
Kells Offline

I'm a complete hypocrite. I wonder if there's a giant sign I can put up in my front yard to let the community know?

Oh, wait... these days, that would be a Trump sign. Hehe. #brokenpromisesgalore

Originally Posted By: Hot Burrito

#1493599 --- 12/24/16 05:29 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
jadegs54 Offline

Loc: new york , ontario
I really like this sign! Wish I'd of had one just like it.

#1493600 --- 12/24/16 05:36 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
jadegs54 Offline

Loc: new york , ontario
I really like this sign! Wish I'd of had one just like it.

#1497447 --- 04/05/17 03:52 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: the Federalist]
itstinks Offline

Exactly! Fantastic sign! MAGA!

#1497666 --- 04/11/17 09:41 PM Re: This sign is legal??? [Re: itstinks]
The Mechanic Offline

Originally Posted By: itstinks
Exactly! Fantastic sign! MAGA!

Did you see the similar Hillary sign? Me either.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >