FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1491022 --- 10/23/16 11:01 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
I think I can get internet only from TW with same 15Mbs speed $35 a month.

if your internet use is only for pleasure and not business related you may want to spend the $35 to increase your cellphone plan to unlimited

use the internet thru your cellphone

bluetooth a table if needed

FingerLakes1.com
#1492078 --- 11/06/16 02:03 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

saw a commercial for slingtv
$20 per month

you would need to see if it fits your needs

#1495217 --- 02/10/17 12:28 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

if you are able to completely disconnect from TWC for over a month then they may consider you a 'new' customer and give you the discounted/lower rate they give to 'new' customers

#1496116 --- 03/03/17 09:29 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

believe verizon offers 150 mbs internet, phone and tv for $79.99 per month per their most recent tv commercial

#1496772 --- 03/19/17 10:34 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

twc now spectrum has an ad for 60 mps at $29.99 per month

#1496786 --- 03/19/17 02:10 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: bluezone

They're Criminals - Avoid Charter Spectrum like the Plague!!!

Consumer Affairs - Complaints and Reviews:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/charter.html

Attorney General accuses Charter Spectrum of cheating millions:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/ny-attorney-general-accuses-charter-spectrum-of-cheating-millions/

#1497302 --- 04/02/17 09:56 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

spectrum eliminated some of the 'start-over' features on some of the channels without notice

they moved some channels around without notice

they have very limited options to select from for packages

they seem to have eliminated a large number of programs that you could view a few days after the program aired

#1497314 --- 04/02/17 03:02 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

spectrum eliminated some of the 'start-over' features on some of the channels without notice

they moved some channels around without notice

they have very limited options to select from for packages

they seem to have eliminated a large number of programs that you could view a few days after the program aired

Oh yeah, and they're theiving criminals, too. mad

#1498327 --- 05/04/17 06:53 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

twc / spectrum has changed the guide format

if you like the previous style just go into settings and adjust the size to the previous version

#1498418 --- 05/06/17 05:49 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: bluezone]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...

if you like the previous style just go into settings and adjust the size to the previous version

Ok How?

#1498621 --- 05/11/17 01:44 PM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: DR. D]
SilverFox Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Seriously considering switching to Satellite. Which one is the better service DirecTv or Dish?

#1499204 --- 05/23/17 07:40 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: DR. D]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: DR. D

Ok How?

press 'settings' button

scroll across the bottom of the screen to 'high definition' then press ok/select button

scroll down to 'menus' then press ok/select

choose which menu size you prefer

#1499205 --- 05/23/17 07:57 AM Re: Satellite v Cable TV [Re: SilverFox]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
Seriously considering switching to Satellite. Which one is the better service DirecTv or Dish?

would most likely depend on which programs you like to watch the most and which company has the better price

you can always change to a different company if you feel their service does not fit your needs

if you have more than one tv in your home just try out one of those companies for a 30 day period while still keeping your current tv service - ask the new company for a reduced price during the 30 trial period

connnect the new service to another tv and see if the service meets your requirements

if you do not like the new service you will still have your current tv service to use as a back-up

once you find the tv service that meets your needs then cancel your current tv service or stay with them

the people we have spoken to that have these services say they are about the same

others have cancelled their tv service and use netflix, amazon tv , apple tv ... and get their 'tv service' thru their internet service

if you only need tv service (no internet or phone) then another option is to try a tv antenna and that way you will not need to pay a monthly fee

we have friends that have a seasonal cottage and they connect to the neighbors for the short period they are there and they share the costs

the neighbors live their year around

#1500294 --- 06/21/17 07:38 AM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

FL times had a story telling how customers bills have jumped after spectrum took over

spectrum should not be able to raise the price if the customer stays on the old TWC account

what ever the rate was when spectrum took over then the price should remain there

a person wrote into 'letters to the editor' saying she worked for twc and has had an account with them for many years without incident

she mailed in her check for payment but spectrum failed to apply it to the account and spectrum wants to charge her a late fee

we know of others that have made their payment but spectrum failed to apply it and wants to charge a late fee

beware if they try that with others

the bill envelope from spectrum has 'thicker' paper and the envelope to mail in your check payment is very very thin and it may get jammed in the mail sorting equipement when run thru the post office deliver system

spectrum should stop spending money with every other commercial 'claiming' how wonderful they are and spend some money on better quality envelopes to mail in the payment

spectrum was just ordered to pay $13 million for failing to meet their obligations with their customers

they have cut many features that twc had and they want to raise the price?

rather foolish

#1500348 --- 06/23/17 11:04 AM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: bluezone]
SilverFox Offline

My account is still TWC and I go and pay the bill on the website with no problem.

I am still looking at alternatives to Spectrum. I would like to have Dish but I haven't decided what to do about internet and phone service.

#1500564 --- 06/28/17 01:37 AM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

FL times had a story telling how customers bills have jumped after spectrum took over

spectrum should not be able to raise the price if the customer stays on the old TWC account

what ever the rate was when spectrum took over then the price should remain there

a person wrote into 'letters to the editor' saying she worked for twc and has had an account with them for many years without incident

she mailed in her check for payment but spectrum failed to apply it to the account and spectrum wants to charge her a late fee

we know of others that have made their payment but spectrum failed to apply it and wants to charge a late fee

beware if they try that with others

the bill envelope from spectrum has 'thicker' paper and the envelope to mail in your check payment is very very thin and it may get jammed in the mail sorting equipement when run thru the post office deliver system

spectrum should stop spending money with every other commercial 'claiming' how wonderful they are and spend some money on better quality envelopes to mail in the payment

spectrum was just ordered to pay $13 million for failing to meet their obligations with their customers

they have cut many features that twc had and they want to raise the price?

rather foolish

They can't say they weren't warned:

Originally Posted By: Timbo

They're Criminals - Avoid Charter Spectrum like the Plague!!!

Consumer Affairs - Complaints and Reviews:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/charter.html

Attorney General accuses Charter Spectrum of cheating millions:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/ny-attorney-general-accuses-charter-spectrum-of-cheating-millions/

#1505547 --- 09/28/17 02:40 PM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: Timbo]
SilverFox Offline

Just thought I would check back in and let you know how happy I am with the changes I made. I am now saving $68 a month as a result of these changes.

I had Dish installed a few weeks ago with their current Special of America's Top choice package for $49.99. However, after a couple of weeks I decided that was not the right package for me. I checked to see what else was available and found a new package called Flex Pack of 50 channels for $39.99. This package was more similar to the channels I watched most often on Spectrum/TW. There were several ala carte packages that you could add to the Flex Pack. I found two packs for $6 each that added 17 more of my favorite channels. I called customer service to ask if I could change my programming. They were very helpful and in a matter of minutes the switch was made. I now have all the channels I previously enjoyed not to mention the newer technology. I have a much greater viewing capacity with the Hopper3 (DVR) in the living room, a Joey in my bedroom upstairs and a second Joey in the guess room. I can now watch recorded programs with the Joeys upstairs. There is also a downloadable program for "Dish Anywhere". All this programing and equipment for $72. When I returned the TW DVR I told them it was not working very well. The response was it doesn't matter it is so old it will be scrapped anyway. Isn't that nice. I was paying top dollar for "antique" equipment. My TW bundle price was $203 a month.

Now for my phone and internet. Choices for these services in my location are limited to say the least. So, I contacted TW to ask if I cancelled my cable service could I still keep my phone & internet? What would I have to pay for just those two services? Lucky break. By breaking my service bundle package that was "Grandfathered" under TW services I would have to get phone and internet under Spectrum for their current charge $29.99 each. Not only did that allow me to keep my phone number and email address with no hassle. I was given a new high speed modem upgrade. Finally real high speed internet.

So I now have much better service for $135 a month. ($72 dish/$63 phone/internet) Color me a happy customer. Wish I had done this a long time ago.

#1505556 --- 09/28/17 03:21 PM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: SilverFox]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Just thought I would check back in and let you know how happy I am with the changes I made.

thanks for the update so others can seek out options to fit their needs

Now for my phone and internet. Choices for these services in my location are limited to say the least. So, I contacted TW to ask if I cancelled my cable service could I still keep my phone & internet? What would I have to pay for just those two services? Lucky break. By breaking my service bundle package that was "Grandfathered" under TW services I would have to get phone and internet under Spectrum for their current charge $29.99 each.

ask spectrum if they can lower the phone price down to $19.99 a month
they charge $29.99 for business class phone service

are you getting the internet at 100 mps?
if it is fast enough for your needs then ask them to lower the price down to $19.99 per month for internet

they are offering 100mps for $29.99 per month and if yours is slower than 100 mps then have them lower your monthly price to $19.99 or increase the speed to 100 mps

they plan to have internet at 300 mps in the near future

#1505578 --- 09/28/17 07:30 PM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

they are offering 100mps for $29.99 per month and if yours is slower than 100 mps then have them lower your monthly price to $19.99 or increase the speed to 100 mps

And their new contracts state that they reserve the right to throttle back at their discretion. And they do it a LOT.

#1505736 --- 09/30/17 01:50 PM Re: Spectrum peeves customers [Re: Timbo]
SilverFox Offline

Spectrum gave me wrong pricing. No surprise is it? I was told for phone and internet it would be $29.99 ea. That was wrong. That would be the bundle price each for phone, internet and cable. My new bill came in at $19.99 phone and $64.48 internet for the fastest 100 mbps. Needless to say, I called to ask why. Simple answer, that is the price unless I want to add cable. Then it would be bundled @ $29.99 ea, with internet speed of 60 mbps. Now here is the part that does not make sense. There was no way I could take a lower speed internet speed because 100 mbps. is all that they offer in this area. Notice the previous sentence bundle internet speed is 60 mbps. Doesn't make sense! and there you have it.

Even at that outrageous price for internet, I would still be saving a little over $40.00 monthly for much better Dish equipment and service. It is what it is. At least until I start looking for internet and phone from another provider. Too bad options are so limited in this area.

Maybe I should report this situation. How can 100 mbps be the only thing available unless I get Spectrum bundle which would have only 60 mbps internet service?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >