FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1489581 --- 09/12/16 05:42 PM YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship”
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

Loc: USA
The SIXTH mailer just came out on behalf of Jason Cook asking for a vote for their “friend”! What an insult to voter’s intelligence. I certainly won’t vote for someone just because they are your ”friend”. And shame on you for asking for a vote for the least qualified of the candidates. Yates County deserves better than Jason Cook as a Judge for ten years. I will do as the postcard said...I will vote...it just won’t be for your “friend”!

FingerLakes1.com
#1489630 --- 09/13/16 02:49 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
must be he took me off his mailing list, I only received one mailer. smile Yes he has been trying to make a lot of friends, glad handing everyone at the elks club.

Just what we need, and unemployed attorney who can't stay in one place working very long elected as our county Judge to a ten year term at 185K a year.

#1489632 --- 09/13/16 03:04 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: Mean Gene]
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

Loc: USA
My thoughts exactly, MG. Being unemployed has given him the chance to be EVERYWHERE with his entourage of old ladies and hangers-on. He will do or say anything to get elected. Looks to me like he's pretty desperate for a job.

#1489781 --- 09/16/16 07:41 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: Mean Gene]
Auntie Offline

Loc: Any Open Dumpster
I think the name of this forum should be Mean Gene's I Know it All Page. You certainly have quite a wealth of information and opinions to share. Since when did you become so perfect? It certainly wasn't when you worked for the PYPD. Nothing is more annoying than reading your opinions on everything. Take a deep look at the skeletons in YOUR closet! Actually you don't have to look too far!

#1489790 --- 09/17/16 08:14 AM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: Auntie]
LaxMan69 Offline

This forum is certainly filling some void Mean Gene's life.

#1489792 --- 09/17/16 08:47 AM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: Auntie]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: Auntie
I think the name of this forum should be Mean Gene's I Know it All Page. You certainly have quite a wealth of information and opinions to share. Since when did you become so perfect? It certainly wasn't when you worked for the PYPD. Nothing is more annoying than reading your opinions on everything. Take a deep look at the skeletons in YOUR closet! Actually you don't have to look too far!

Well Auntie, its nice that you have recovered from being in a coma for six years. Last post was in 2010. Always nice to know people appreciate my comments. You must be gearing up for the election! smile

#1490798 --- 10/16/16 09:01 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
C.I.Brown Offline

Loc: PY,NY
Can anyone tell me if Val Gardner is still running? Ever since the primary in September, a lot of her signs have disappeared. What gives?

#1490800 --- 10/16/16 10:18 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

I still see her signs around, actually have seen a few new ones around town.

#1491431 --- 10/30/16 06:13 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: C.I.Brown]
dj205 Offline

Loc: in my mind
Yes, she is....

#1491432 --- 10/30/16 06:20 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: dj205]
gassy one Offline

It's time for new blood! Both Gardner and Cook have both had their shot!

#1491483 --- 10/31/16 08:47 AM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one
It's time for new blood! Both Gardner and Cook have both had their shot!

Its more about who has the best judgment to be the county judge for the next ten years. Cooks record as D.A. demonstrated he lacks common sense judgment on what cases to prosecute based on whether reasonable cause existed to pursue a prosecution. It is unfortunate the Republican committee people chose to push him as their candidate. He apparently never learned that the sole job of a prosecutor is to see that justice is served.

#1491509 --- 10/31/16 01:38 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: Mean Gene]
gassy one Offline

I'm not overly impressed with either one. That why I say try the third option. He can't be any worse!!!

#1491511 --- 10/31/16 02:04 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: gassy one]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: gassy one
I'm not overly impressed with either one. That why I say try the third option. He can't be any worse!!!

I have dealt with all three in a professional capacity. Cook is a non starter there. It is unfortunate that he is the "promised one" from years ago and they have decided to stick with him despite his short comings.

It is also unfortunate that there are two other competent choices out there instead of one. My crystal ball makes me think they will split the majority of the votes cast and Cook will win with a minority of all votes cast. Mr. Cook has always held positions where he is immune from lawsuits involving his actions. That won't change if he is elected Judge!

#1491624 --- 11/01/16 01:38 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: gassy one]
yipes Offline

Loc: NY
so in the `what's wrong in py' forum you state that a 3rd party is a waste of vote but here you say why not give it a try. both ears should be above the toilet seat to avoid the crappy water

#1491635 --- 11/01/16 03:11 PM Re: YC Voters—base your Judicial Primary vote on the best candidate—not “friendship” [Re: yipes]
gassy one Offline

You have to use a little perspective which you obviously didn't! In a local election it doesn't real matter because people could care less what party you belong to. In a national election people vote more along party lines. With the third party candidate getting between 5 to 10% of the vote what are his chances of winning the election CRAPPY???