FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1488509 --- 08/19/16 12:58 PM LPG Right For Me Rally
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
LPG Right For Me Rally

Community members in favor of the LPG facility are voicing their opinion.

Workers and residents in support of the propane storage facility on Seneca Lake rallied in the rain earlier today outside of Crestwood. They want to urge Governor Cuomo to sign Crestwood's community driven development plan which will approve the propane storage project.

Some groups feel the project will increase truck and rail traffic, which would have a negative effect on the area. They also argue butane and propane are not safe to store together, and it could effect water quality. After the plan was altered to meet the concerns of the community, supporters say this plan should be put into action.

"Rail is no longer part of the plan, butane storage is no longer part of the plan, the truck terminal has been eliminated, so no truck traffic.so in addition to the the concerns over water quality whatever they may be, the brine pond, one brine pond only will be located across Route 414," explains David Marsh, Business Manager for Laborers Local 785.

"The project can be done safely, the geology checks out, there is no reason for additional delays," Marsh adds.

Crestwood has to receive approval from the Governor, However, Governor Cuomo is awaiting certain input from the DEC.

Updated Thursday, August 18, 2016

FingerLakes1.com
#1488642 --- 08/21/16 10:03 PM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: newsman38]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Any other coverage?

#1488643 --- 08/21/16 10:04 PM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: all seeing eye]
all seeing eye Offline

Loc: Seneca Lake
Arrests?

#1488650 --- 08/22/16 06:25 AM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: all seeing eye]
BigRed Offline

Loc: ny
Originally Posted By: all seeing eye
Any other coverage?

From the liberal press? You're kidding, right?

#1488660 --- 08/22/16 09:36 AM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: BigRed]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: BigRed
Any other coverage?

Ahhh, ad hominem attacks on the messenger... the cornerstone of every flawlessly logical argument. crazy

#1488722 --- 08/23/16 10:17 AM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: newsman38]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: newsman38
LPG Right For Me Rally

Workers and residents in support of the propane storage facility on Seneca Lake rallied in the rain earlier today outside of Crestwood. They want to urge Governor Cuomo to sign Crestwood's community driven development plan which will approve the propane storage project.

Some groups feel the project will increase truck and rail traffic, which would have a negative effect on the area. They also argue butane and propane are not safe to store together, and it could effect water quality. After the plan was altered to meet the concerns of the community, supporters say this plan should be put into action.

"Rail is no longer part of the plan, butane storage is no longer part of the plan, the truck terminal has been eliminated, so no truck traffic.so in addition to the the concerns over water quality whatever they may be, the brine pond, one brine pond only will be located across Route 414," explains David Marsh, Business Manager for Laborers Local 785.

"The project can be done safely, the geology checks out, there is no reason for additional delays," Marsh adds.

Crestwood has to receive approval from the Governor, However, Governor Cuomo is awaiting certain input from the DEC.

YEAH, INPUT FROM THE DEC STATE GEOLOGIST, but there is NO STATE GEOLOGIST. CUOMO HASN'T APPOINTED ONE AND HE WON'T EITHER, THAT'S HOW HE GOT FRACKING BANNED

Edited by Hello_Governer (08/23/16 10:20 AM)

#1490020 --- 09/24/16 10:28 PM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: BigRed]
Tiger Shark Offline

Originally Posted By: BigRed
Any other coverage?

Right, the press in the extremely republican Upstate NY is "liberal". Put the meth pipe down.

#1490021 --- 09/24/16 10:29 PM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: Hello_Governer]
Tiger Shark Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
LPG Right For Me Rally

YEAH, INPUT FROM THE DEC STATE GEOLOGIST, but there is NO STATE GEOLOGIST. CUOMO HASN'T APPOINTED ONE AND HE WON'T EITHER, THAT'S HOW HE GOT FRACKING BANNED

Good for him! Three cheers for Cuomo!

#1490053 --- 09/26/16 10:51 AM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: Hello_Governer]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
LPG Right For Me Rally

That's code for "the check has not come yet". Like Killary, Coumo is a pay to play Democrat.

#1490054 --- 09/26/16 11:21 AM Re: LPG Right For Me Rally [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Ridiculous.

In its six-year bid to win that underground storage permit, Crestwood Equity Partners has made a practice of hiding documents, fudging facts and co-opting state regulators and local officials.

By law, the “state geologist” must be appointed by the New York Board of Regents. That structure was established to provide scientists independence from regulators who constantly rub shoulders with aggressive applicants like Crestwood.

In March 2013, Crestwood obtained a two-paragraph letter approving its permit application signed by Andrew Kozlowski, who identified himself as “acting associate state geologist.” Otherwise known as "Robo-Approval".

Kozlowski’s letter, offered without supporting documentation, followed a request letter two months earlier from Peter Briggs, the DEC’s oil & gas permitting manager. In fact, several DEC staffers and lawyers have supported Crestwood’s application despite grave safety concerns voiced by independent geologists.

The Board of Regents has neglected to appoint a state geologist throughout the entire Cuomo Administration. The last formally designated state geologist, William Kelly, retired in September 2010, two months before Cuomo was elected. He had been appointed by the Board of Regents in 2004.