FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1492488 --- 11/13/16 10:27 PM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
LittleKing Offline

Cook got it. Looking at the votes, if Gardner hadn't run, Conlon probably would have won. I wonder what she'll do for a living after the GOP gets through with her in the next election.

FingerLakes1.com
#1492506 --- 11/14/16 07:41 AM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I was thinking that if Conlon didn't run Gardner would have won! When Conlon announced it was a gift to Cook.

The majority of voters casting ballots didn't want Cook. Yes, it will be interesting if the County Republican committee will stay truly neutral if there is a primary in the next D.A. election.
They clearly wanted their golden boy Cook to win the primary this year. Two opponents made that easy for them.

#1492533 --- 11/15/16 09:22 AM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Blue_man Offline

Loc: Required, FD
Considering Gardner couldn't win a nomination on anything but a minor party line, the idea that Conlon was siphoning votes from her is pretty speculative. If any sizeable contingent of voters wanted Gardner to be judge she would have won the Democrat primary.

#1492542 --- 11/15/16 01:15 PM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
Point taken, but if you remember she out polled Conlon on the republican line but lost it to Cook. I don't believe his majority on the Democratic line was much different than her majority over Conlon on the Republican line.

She defeated Cook, the republican nominee while running on a minor party line when she ran for D.A. There also were some people who were happy with her as District Attorney and may have decided they were good with her staying in that position so they moved their support to Conlon.

I think either of them were capable of defeating Cook if it was a one on one race.

Edited by Mean Gene (11/15/16 01:16 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3