FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1488267 --- 08/14/16 11:06 AM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: helpme]
The Lips Offline

Loc: Oz
Anyone that has gone through a divorce has more experience in family court than your little man does. The only thing he has accomplished is a the number of counties he's been employed in, probably a New York State record.

FingerLakes1.com
#1488903 --- 08/26/16 09:04 AM Special prosecutor appointed [Re: The Lips]
newsman38 Offline

Loc: Fourth Estate
Special prosecutor appointed

A special prosecutor has been appointed for the investigation of suspected forgery on designating petitions in the 2016 election for Yates County Judge.

Seneca County Judge Dennis Bender has appointed attorney Joseph L. Lucchesi, a partner in the firm of Mangano, Lucchesi & Collins of Seneca Falls and Syracuse, to investigate signatures witnessed by Patrick Galvin on Republican and Conservative Party petitions for candidate Valerie Gardner, Yates Countyís District Attorney. Upon learning of the allegations, Gardner filed the complaint, asking for the investigation and the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Galvin is a former Yates County Legislator and former Penn Yan Village Trustee.

When contacted, Lucchesi confirmed his appointment, but could not comment on the case as the files have not yet been transferred to him.

According to his firm biography, Lucchesi, a Seneca Falls native, is a graduate of Syracuse University, and received his Juris Doctorate from Southwestern University School of Law in 1986, graduating Magna Cum Laude. He has over 25 years experience in personal injury claims and litigation.

Posted Aug. 24, 2016 at 12:01 AM

#1488931 --- 08/26/16 03:18 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Loc: Yates County
I have also read the newspaper articles on this. I understand there were a few other candidates'petitions for other offices being carried that were involved also. Always liked Pat, still do, he is a great guy. I don't know what his mindset was when doing this. I applaud Ms. Gardner for immediately reporting it to the State Police when notified.

Of course the oft employed, now unemployed attorney Cook jumped on it, trying to make it look like Ms. Gardner was responsible by doing a news bit on it. I know Pat has taken responsibility and apologized.

it is what it is.

#1488938 --- 08/26/16 08:50 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: Mean Gene]
girl2 Offline

Loc: NY
Oh so that makes it okay because Pat took responsibility and said he was sorry.. He committed a crime. As far as Ms. Gardner why didn't she catch it. Shouldn't she have reviewed the petitions... Instead Matt Conlon caught the fake signatures and reported it. The reason Ms. Gardner turned it in was to save her butt. What about this poor woman who's name he forged twice on the same petition... if Gardner had reviewed the petitions like Matt did with all of his she would have caught it because Pat put the same name twice just changed the spelling and used the same address. He needs to be charged for this crime. He has turned this woman's life upside down because her name appeared in the paper. she doesn't like leaving the house because people stop and ask her questions and that embarrasses her even though she did nothing wrong she is the victim not Gardner and not Pat. This is all wrong in so many ways.

#1488941 --- 08/27/16 07:58 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Never said it was OK that he committed a crime. Said I thought he was a good person who did something out of character. Matt Conlon "caught" the signature because he knew the woman was carrying his own petitions and had one of his signs in her yard, otherwise he would not have picked up on it.
The person who collects the signature signs the sheet stating they witnessed the signature. There are hundreds of signatures, a candidate cannot say each one is accurate.

Mr. Conlon took the sworn statement from the victim and contested the petition at the Board of Elections. He is an officer of the court and a lawyer. He should have reported it to the police after taking the statement. The question is why didn't he?

Your statement about the "woman's life being turned upside down because of her name on the paper" is interesting. I have no idea who she is and the general public would not know unless she told someone about it.

Yes you could consider her a victim and complainant. Ms. Gardner is also a victim and a complainant. Some of her petitions were tossed because of what Pat did. If she didn't report it to police there would be no complainant. Pat would be considered the suspect/defendant.

You are correct, it was wrong and Pat will have to face the consequences of his actions. To blame Ms. Gardner for what happened is also wrong.

#1488943 --- 08/27/16 10:21 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: Mean Gene]
girl2 Offline

For someone who didn't know the persons name you sure have a lot of information. And as far as her telling anyone she didn't she had to sign paperwork acknowledging that those were not her signatures. You seem to know all. I'm done with you I will waste no more time responding to you.

#1488945 --- 08/27/16 02:09 PM Re: Cook: Fired or Retired? [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
country boy Offline

Loc: ny usa
now that we have the hounds out and genes out of retirement again I think we need more signs added to our town so that it looks like the side streets of philly people are going to vote for who they want to vote for if you want to impress people put your money that you ve wasted on signs and put it in a wounded soldiers fun and have tv 8 and the news papers post all the updates then maybe you"ll impress people for that vote that you want

#1488958 --- 08/28/16 08:28 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: girl2]
Mean Gene Offline

Originally Posted By: girl2
For someone who didn't know the persons name you sure have a lot of information. And as far as her telling anyone she didn't she had to sign paperwork acknowledging that those were not her signatures. You seem to know all. I'm done with you I will waste no more time responding to you.

Its called asking questions to try and find out the true story. I used to do it for a living. Unless someone worked at the Board of Elections or went to court and foiled paperwork after a criminal charge was filed they would not know the victims names. It was nice chatting with you! smile

#1489335 --- 09/07/16 01:51 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Just finished reading the candidates background and work experience. Doesn't surprise me that Mr. Cook is trying in an underhanded way to make it look like Ms. Gardner may have some responsibility in the matter of a forged petition. He knows that Ms. Gardner had no knowledge of this forgery occurring. When she found out about it she contacted the State Police to investigate.

The person responsible will be charged and a State Police investigator has already confirmed that Ms. Gardner had no knowledge and is a victim also.

Mr. Cook states his position is currently "Attorney at Law". Last I knew that was a title. If he put "Unemployed" in front of the title he would have been more truthful. He also left out of his experience the fact that he never was able to get a felony conviction at a jury trial while Yates County District Attorney. He didn't mention that he has bounced around as an Assistant District Attorney in just about every area county around.

With his track record I can see why he is looking for the citizens of Yates County to give him a job for the next ten years.

#1489342 --- 09/07/16 07:42 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: Mean Gene]
LaxMan69 Offline

Mean Gene - you seem overly concerned with this election for someone who votes out of state. Perhaps you should take up shuffleboard this year.

#1489355 --- 09/07/16 09:50 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Have you checked lately to see if that still is the case? I'll stick with Pickleball, golf and refereeing basketball

#1489356 --- 09/07/16 09:57 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: LaxMan69]
Mean Gene Offline

Voters should be concerned. Yates County needs someone with a strong work ethic and a diverse background who is willing to see that justice is done for "ALL" Yates County residents. IMHO An attorney who seems to have trouble staying at one job doesn't fit the bill to waltz into a ten year job that will pay almost 2 million dollars in salary.

#1489370 --- 09/08/16 07:32 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
yipes Offline

Word I am hearing is that Jason is no longer employed in Chemung Co. is that it was discovered that he was not a resident of said county. Which brings to question, overlooked during the application process OR info on application not quite accurate? anyone else get wind of this?

#1489372 --- 09/08/16 08:33 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: yipes]
Mean Gene Offline

That would make sense. The Penn Yan PD hired an officer on a lateral transfer some years ago. He was employed at a LE agency in Chemung county and they had a policy requiring residency to work in the county. He had built a house just outside of the county and the agency found out about it. He didn't want to give up his home so he did a lateral to the Penn Yan PD (who do not have a residency clause.) He was an excellent officer during my tenure as chief, was promoted to Sgt. and continues to commute to work in PY. Penn Yan's gain and Chemung counties loss.

Possibly Mr. Cook rented or used someone's address in Chemung county to get the ADA job. Someone probably asked how he could run for Judge in Yates County if he was a resident of Chemung? That might have led to his immediate departure from his job awhile back.

#1489385 --- 09/08/16 01:06 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

Loc: USA
Jasonís employment in Chemung County, even though part-time, while living in Yates County is a violation of Public Officerís Law. If he wasnít aware of the law then shame on him. If he was aware of the law and broke it anyway, then double shame on him. Either way, Yates County deserves a better judge than a lawyer unknowingly or willingly breaking the law and flitting from job to job. Why people are paying up to $125 to attend fundraisers for this oft unemployed and unqualified candidate boggles my mind.

#1492027 --- 11/05/16 10:41 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

The evidence now suggests that Cook knew about Public Officers Law and tried to hide the fact he was violating it by living in Yates County while working in Chemung County. Friday's story in the Chronicle-Express online states that Cook filed an oath of office as assistant district attorney but did not state his address on the oath. Who doesn't know their own address? He left the address blank because he knew he was violating the law and if he'd put his actual, Yates County address he would not have been qualified to hold the office of assistant district attorney in Chemung County.
Do we want a lawbreaker as our next Judge?

#1492042 --- 11/06/16 08:57 AM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
Mean Gene Offline

Sounds accurate, especially since he did not answer the question when put to him by the paper. Played the typical politician/lawyer by changing the subject and dancing around the issue.

a Judge has to follow the law, not twist things to fit what their own personal position or feelings are.

#1492058 --- 11/06/16 12:24 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
yipes Offline

So far the only retort that I know off that Cook has offered to Conlon's postcard is to call it a dirty, cheap political trick. If that truly was the case why wouldn't you offer up some credible evidence to counter that point.

#1492073 --- 11/06/16 01:39 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: yipes]
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

Originally Posted By: yipes
So far the only retort that I know off that Cook has offered to Conlon's postcard is to call it a dirty, cheap political trick. If that truly was the case why wouldn't you offer up some credible evidence to counter that point.

Cook can't come up with a retort because everything on the postcard was true. Even his little minion 'helpme' can only come up with nonsense. I'm glad the truth is out there for the voters to see. I call Cook the 'UN'candidate...unemployed, untruthful, unethical, untrustworthy, underqualified, unkind, and unable to fool most people.

#1492137 --- 11/06/16 10:11 PM Re: Special prosecutor appointed [Re: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.]
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Offline

See Judge Conlon's evidence regarding Cook's violation of Public Officers Law on facebook at Matt Conlon for Yates County Judge.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >