FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 23 of 24 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#1494695 --- 01/24/17 05:45 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Everyone knows about the potential loss of the CBA money, but no one has ever said how much it will cost to come up with alternative solutions to disposing of our trash. That 2.3 million could easily be 4,5,or6 million.

FingerLakes1.com
#1495051 --- 02/04/17 06:15 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Hello_Governer]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
http://fingerlakes1.com/2017/02/03/smi-f...-other-factors/

This could go on for years. A town west of Rochester went broke fighting a landfill and ended up losing anyway.

#1495054 --- 02/04/17 08:49 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck

You mean like the 9 years that it took for Ms. Lemmon and CCSC to win the against the dump's clay mine?

#1495055 --- 02/04/17 10:35 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Ghosts]
Ghosts Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls

"CLAY MINE: Court rules in favor of Concerned Citizens in SMI lawsuit"

http://fingerlakes1.com/2017/02/04/clay-...in-smi-lawsuit/

#1495056 --- 02/04/17 11:17 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Betty. Offline

When will the zoning officer for Seneca Falls do his job, and cite SMI for their continuing violations?

#1495060 --- 02/04/17 02:09 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Does that mean the town has to pay the landfill back all the Community Benefit money ? grin The thieves on the town board ain't going to like that.

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/04/17 02:10 PM)

#1495061 --- 02/04/17 02:13 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Betty.
When will the zoning officer for Seneca Falls do his job, and cite SMI for their continuing violations?
Ya know the CCSC and the new environmental committee keeps saying that you have to prove there is a violation, but haven't proved one yet. crazy

#1495062 --- 02/04/17 02:32 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Ghosts]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: Ghosts

"CLAY MINE: Court rules in favor of Concerned Citizens in SMI lawsuit"

http://fingerlakes1.com/2017/02/04/clay-...in-smi-lawsuit/
The zoning change from agricultural to residential will easily be declared unconstitutional. SMI should take this to the SCOUS, and stop trying to play the nice guy !!!!!!!

#1495082 --- 02/05/17 07:26 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

Ya know the CCSC and the new environmental committee keeps saying that you have to prove there is a violation, but haven't proved one yet. crazy

Your memory needs some work, Chuckie.

http://www.fltimes.com/news/town-landfil...2cb3beaa36.html

#1495084 --- 02/05/17 07:54 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

My memory is just fine, SMI didn't build the rail siding, the railroad did, and the way it was built they didn't need a permit. The community benefits agreement sets emissions limits that SMI didn't exceed. My memory may be in question to people who can't comprehend the facts.

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/05/17 07:55 AM)

#1495086 --- 02/05/17 08:27 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Betty. Offline

My memory is just fine, SMI didn't build the rail siding, the railroad did, and the way it was built they didn't need a permit. The community benefits agreement sets emissions limits that SMI didn't exceed. My memory may be in question to people who can't comprehend the facts.

Apparently, you can't read, either.

You seem to have missed (or deliberately ignored) the fact that Zettlemoyer found the ODOR violated code. Black was given a timeline in which to comply to code. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED YET!!

The violation continues.

#1495090 --- 02/05/17 06:06 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Betty.]
scwoodchuck Offline

Oh I can read, however I take what I read in the newspaper with a grain of salt. As I recall the code enforcement officer was reluctant to take any kind of action against the landfill. The videos often conflict with what is in the newspaper. Love the Finger Lakes 1 videos, can't twist or misquote in a video. Any code would set emissions limits but even the new LL3 doesn't set any measurable limits. To expect a landfill to not stink at all is just an insane expectation.

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/05/17 06:14 PM)

#1495103 --- 02/06/17 02:14 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Loc: nolongerunder10pilesoftrash

Prove a violation? It's not that hard. I drove down 414 yesterday and could smell it and even taste it. I'm sure they don't own the road which would mean the smell is beyond their property line. There's a violation.

#1495105 --- 02/06/17 03:27 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

But they do own both sides of the road and the town doesn't have jurisdiction on a state highway. Keep tryin grin

#1495322 --- 02/13/17 12:42 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

But they do own both sides of the road and the town doesn't have jurisdiction on a state highway. Keep tryin grin

It has been awhile! I have forgotten how much you love trash. We all know the smell reached far beyond the limits of 414 and well into areas that are considered someone else's property.

Maybe in 10 years we can look back and laugh about how crazy the crazies were to bring in 6,000 tpd of waste into their community and really thought that was the best the community could do.

Maybe you can share your story with us how you started loving trash and landfills so much. If nobody else wants to hear it, I'm open ears. I really want to know how a person becomes that dedicated to loving trash. This should be great!

#1495323 --- 02/13/17 05:34 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

Well I know I am wasting my time, but here goes. My position rests solely with the Constitution and the rule of law. Seneca Falls allowed the landfill in the first place and just because a few hundred people decide they don't like it 19 million people may end up paying ten times what they are paying now for waste disposal. No matter what is done with our trash, someone is not going to like it. Just like fossil fuels the transition takes time and costs a lot of money. In the end people will wake up to the fact that the planet will take care of itself even if stupid humans cause their own extinction. crazy

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/13/17 05:43 AM)

#1495326 --- 02/13/17 08:58 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
hearallseeall Offline

Well I know I am wasting my time, but here goes. My position rests solely with the Constitution and the rule of law. Seneca Falls allowed the landfill in the first place and just because a few hundred people decide they don't like it 19 million people may end up paying ten times what they are paying now for waste disposal. No matter what is done with our trash, someone is not going to like it. Just like fossil fuels the transition takes time and costs a lot of money. In the end people will wake up to the fact that the planet will take care of itself even if stupid humans cause their own extinction. crazy

Interesting, I actually agree with your post!

I'm not sure about the accuracies of your numbers tho. I think it's more than 100 that disapprove. I'm just guessing they aren't taking the time to go to town meetings, protesting in the streets, and spend everyday writing on here and to the letters to the editor.

You are right tho, the town of SF did approve this big mess to get bigger, wider, and higher.

I said that a long time ago that SF needs to be careful bc they need to consider where their trash will go when the landfill is maxed out because the trash cash will go away and then the town will have to find a new dumping grounds.

I guess that's the main difference of opinions in the two sides. How much trash should one village be burdened with? And why would the town allow the landfill to TRIPLE their daily intake. Ever heard of GRADUAL increases. IMO, the town should be renegotiating the daily intake limits. Bring them down to 1000 tpd until they get the smell under control. Plus, there's way too much dump 18-wheeler traffic (the trash train isn't a better option either).

If they didn't allow the increase in daily tpd, it would take 100's of years to get to the point of where the dump is now. It all comes down to the greed of SF. I guess you can't totally blame the dump for the towns greed.

SF lives way beyond it means. I mean, they couldn't be happy with a normal town hall. They needed the biggest and the best. They needed bullet proof windows with sound proof walls. Places up north in the Adirondack areas are operating out of pole barns. Waterloo has been in the same buildings for as long as I've been around the area. SF's financial planning is a mess. They're hooked on their drug (trash cash) and they'll need a lot of help getting off of it. Sad state of affairs.

#1495327 --- 02/13/17 09:21 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: hearallseeall]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
You miss Chuck's point. There are just 27 MS landfills in New York State, so they all take someone elses trash. If you make SMI reduce the amount of trash they take in and all the other 26 did the same you would have a serious problem.

Neither Chuck nor I are that long winded, besides a sentence or two is all most people will read anyway. When the State forces their Solid Waste Management Plan on everyone they will whine just as much as they whine about the landfill.
AFTER ALL THIS IS WHINE COUNTRY grin

#1495336 --- 02/13/17 10:57 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: hearallseeall]
scwoodchuck Offline

You don't seem to understand that it is NOT SMI that came up with REGIONAL LANDFILLS, it was New York State and the EPA !!!!! SMI just does what it's told. Technically the DEC and EPA are responsible for the STINK laugh

#1495712 --- 02/24/17 05:41 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
scwoodchuck Offline

Page 23 of 24 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 >