FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#1493177 --- 12/09/16 09:48 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Festus]
Sam the Sham Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Festus

That's exactly why LL3 should have been put to a binding referendum.

Under NYS law, zoning and land use laws cannot be put to referendum.

It would be an illegal waste of public funds and, probably, another ground for a lawsuit by the landfill.

FingerLakes1.com
#1493178 --- 12/09/16 11:41 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Festus]
Top Dog Offline

Loc: Lap Dog
Originally Posted By: Festus
Originally Posted By: Top Dog
Question....Do the majority of the voters in Seneca County want the landfill?

That's exactly why LL3 should have been put to a binding referendum.

Pete Same was voted out of office because of his support for the dump.

Greg Lazzaro was elected because he campaigned as being in favor of closing the dump.

If you believe village dissolution and remodeling 10 Fall Street for a town office weren't issues for Pete.

Pete never ran against Greg. He ran against Don. I don't recall Don promising to close the dump.

#1493182 --- 12/09/16 05:21 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
" Pete never ran against Greg. He ran against Don. I don't recall Don promising to close the dump."(top dog).

That is because even Don was smart enough to realize it can't be done ! grin

#1493185 --- 12/10/16 09:53 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Kells Offline

Forget the board for a moment - how do the majority of the citizens feel? Has anyone ever thought to ask them?

#1493188 --- 12/10/16 10:41 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Kells]
scwoodchuck Offline

Welcome back to planet earth. Before you say anymore, why don't you take some time to catch up on what you missed while you were gone grin

#1493212 --- 12/11/16 05:49 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Kells]
Top Dog Offline

Originally Posted By: Kells
Forget the board for a moment - how do the majority of the citizens feel? Has anyone ever thought to ask them?

I believe we have been asked. Voting speaks volumes.

When the conflict was village dissolution, we voted.

When the taxes increased for prior town residents that weren't in the village, Same lost votes in those areas. Voted out of office.

Many were angry that Same wanted to spend 2 million + remodeling our burned town hall. When his replacement spent at least a half million more he was voted out.

When Mary and Annette made one issue their focus as members of the board they were voted out.

I think we can forget the board and say that the issues in these past elections were front and center. Asked and answered.

#1493214 --- 12/12/16 06:11 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Top Dog]
Betty. Offline

Originally Posted By: Kells

I believe we have been asked. Voting speaks volumes.

When the conflict was village dissolution, we voted.

When the taxes increased for prior town residents that weren't in the village, Same lost votes in those areas. Voted out of office.

Many were angry that Same wanted to spend 2 million + remodeling our burned town hall. When his replacement spent at least a half million more he was voted out.

When Mary and Annette made one issue their focus as members of the board they were voted out.

I think we can forget the board and say that the issues in these past elections were front and center. Asked and answered.

Farrara and Ruzicka were elected because they are male republicans whose campaigns were backed by the dump.

#1493215 --- 12/12/16 06:39 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Betty.]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
IMHO! If issues pertaining to the dump were put to public vote, and I don't mean SF only but all of Seneca County, the dump would lose.
It enrages me that five people control how the rest of us live out side of Seneca Falls. I pray LL3 is upheld, the date for closing 31 Dec. 2025 holds firm, and we can all move on free of the strangle hold SMI has had over this area.

#1493218 --- 12/12/16 09:39 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
scwoodchuck Offline

Do you actually think the people in Lodi would vote to close the dump and then have to pay to ship their trash to who knows where ? Why do you think the fracking ban was never put to a vote ? The Ontario County landfill went thru a situation exactly like the problems SMI had and some people fought the 43 acre expansion but it went through. Besides LL3 & LL7 would have never made through the courts.

#1493221 --- 12/12/16 10:44 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
scwoodchuck Offline

" Some slick lawyer is taking Lutz for a ride. His law against landfills was upheld by the courts because the landfill wasn't built yet. That's right the landfill did not exist. It ain't gunna fly with an existing landfill that already has a permit from the DEC. Greg was smart and left because who wants to listen to the same CCSC garbage over and over. The CCSC arguement has been shot down by a judge before."
Please tell me where you work , so I can avoid the place.
And AH, you need to start hanging out with a better class of people crazy

#1493223 --- 12/12/16 12:06 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
I highly doubt anyone has been taken for a ride as far as attorneys go.
As for my friends, I love them all, so no need to be concerned as to what "class" you consider them to be.

#1493224 --- 12/12/16 12:31 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Top Dog Offline

A full Seneca County vote? A county where recently Trump gained a majority vote? Our new president wants to deregulate the waste industry and promote fracking.

#1493263 --- 12/13/16 05:28 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Top Dog]
Wyatt Earp Offline

Loc: Right behind you, Stilwell
A full Seneca County vote? A county where recently Trump gained a majority vote? Our new president wants to deregulate the waste industry and promote fracking.

A vote for or against the dump wouldn't be listed as Republican and Democrat. Seneca County (and Seneca Falls) almost always vote Republican.

#1493267 --- 12/13/16 07:06 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Wyatt Earp]
Top Dog Offline

Except in Seneca Falls where Hillary actually carried the vote. Meanwhile, Mary and Annette were voted out. I think we knew the issue surrounding the local candidates.

#1493268 --- 12/13/16 07:25 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Top Dog]
scwoodchuck Offline

People have bombarded with misinformation about the landfill for so long that they can see for themselves that the CCSC is full of crap. I see the election as "the revenge of the reasonable people "

#1494590 --- 01/23/17 01:12 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
It's too late already!!

#1494600 --- 01/23/17 03:32 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: antnee]
scwoodchuck Offline

Originally Posted By: antnee
It's too late already!!

For what ? The TRUTH crazy

#1494656 --- 01/24/17 07:41 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: antnee]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
Originally Posted By: antnee
It's too late already!!
I'm not sure what you mean, but I think it's time to start over. We now need to undo all the false information that has been going around and get the facts straight, no more spreading false information. As I see it there is only one thing that matters, IS IT WORTH 2.3 MILLION A YEAR TO PUT UP WITH THE OCCASIONAL STINK

#1494659 --- 01/24/17 08:51 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Hello_Governer]
antnee Offline

Loc: new york, usa
Seneca Falls will never escape the odors and all the toxic hazards. What you CAN do is move away to a safe place. They might as well let the landfill grow because it won't make any difference. We've already been well contaminated!

#1494674 --- 01/24/17 11:46 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: antnee]
scwoodchuck Offline

Well, here we go again with all the contaminated and toxic nonsense. Maybe Seneca County is hopeless, you sure are crazy

Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >