FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#1487723 --- 08/02/16 10:01 PM Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board!
outwithsfpd Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
I just want to say that I am very happy with the bravery of three of the five board members tonight. I was there and watched Greg and Vic wimp out in hopes they could save the landfill. It is time to shut that place down and move forward. Taxes will go up, but we will survive. I would rather pay more than lose half of my family to cancer.

Vic and Greg, I am ashamed of you. Do the right thing. Listen to your constituents.

FingerLakes1.com
#1487724 --- 08/02/16 10:06 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
outwithsfpd Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Oh, and, Greg, your scare tactics of cuts in services is pathetic and appear to be a desperate attempt to scare the citizens.

#1487726 --- 08/03/16 12:07 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Tiger Shark Offline

Agreed.

#1487727 --- 08/03/16 06:17 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
Originally Posted By: outwithsfpd
I just want to say that I am very happy with the bravery of three of the five board members tonight. I was there and watched Greg and Vic wimp out in hopes they could save the landfill. It is time to shut that place down and move forward. Taxes will go up, but we will survive. I would rather pay more than lose half of my family to cancer.

Vic and Greg, I am ashamed of you. Do the right thing. Listen to your constituents.

Oh, and, Greg, your scare tactics of cuts in services is pathetic and appear to be a desperate attempt to scare the citizens.
It's time for a SHOW DOWN. There is nothing better than a knock down drag out fight to settle a matter. Let this thing go to court and let the 800 pound gorilla (DEC) in the room show everyone who's boss.

#1487732 --- 08/03/16 09:03 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Curly Howard Offline

These are not scare tactics, they are facts!!!! Annette runs a business. So, one of her main purchasers goes out of business. How does she make up that lost revenue?? The Town is a business, although not a well run one. Money comes in, money goes out. Less money comes in, less money goes out. 5 minus 3 will never equal 5. It's simple math. You either cut services or you raise taxes. There is another alternative...the 3 million in lost revenue falls out of a tree!!! Cooler heads have to prevail and the Board has to look at all sides of the issue and come to some sort of a compromise. How about if we look at the legal issues that may be involved win passing this law and find out what it might cost just in defending yourselves in a lawsuit. No sense in having a Town attorney if you don't take his advice. You can't attract new business and new homeowners if they can't afford the taxes. I don't want to build another landfill and I don't want this one to expand beyond what has legally been called for. What I would like to see is people not going off half cocked without looking at all sides of the issue and figuring out a way to make it work for everyone without stealing the last dollar out of everyone's wallets.

#1487742 --- 08/03/16 11:22 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca

Taxes will go up, but we will survive. I would rather pay more than lose half of my family to cancer.

But you're not using cancer as a scare tactic, are you, I see. wink

#1487752 --- 08/03/16 04:36 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Wizard Oz Falls Offline

Bravery? HAHAHAHAHA it is easy to be "brave" when you have a group of idiots shouting out from the crowd and have no working together solution in hand.

If I had my driveway snowplowed for free I might be persuaded to vote with the conflict person and her sheep.

#1487755 --- 08/03/16 05:24 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Wizard Oz Falls]
Hello_Governer Offline

The dump haters lost another one smile
As you read this keep in mind that the CCSC and Waterloo Container's lawyer filed the same petition for SMI.

EPA denies Zero Waste’s petition

By DAVID L. SHAW dshaw@fltimes.com
4 hrs ago
 SENECA — Finger Lakes Zero Waste Coalition sought to reopen the debate on a 2012 air-quality permit issued to an electricity-generating plant at the Ontario County Landfill.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s response: No.

EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy denied FLZWC’s petition in a July 29 ruling.

FLZWC argued that the air-quality standards reflected in the permit should include emissions from not only the methane-fueled Seneca Energy II plant, but the landfill as well. The group argued that the two operations are under “common control” and should be considered together in setting air quality limits.

McCarthy disagreed, saying the group failed to demonstrate that the permit does not comply with Clean Air Act requirements.

“None of the petitioners arguments suffice to show that cause exists for the EPA to reopen the 2012 final permit,” McCarthy wrote. “The petitioner has not presented sufficient evidence, or even alleged, that the permit contains a material mistake related to emission standards or other terms or conditions of the permit, or that the permit must be revised or reopened to assure compliance with applicable requirements.

“Moreover, the information in the permit record does not support a determination that cause exists to reopen the 2012 final permit on these bases or on any other basis.”

FLZWC’s petition asked the EPA to reopen the Title V permit on the basis that there is a “rebuttable presumption” of common control when one entity locates on another entity’s property.

McCarthy stated that it was not clear whether the petition sought to reopen the permit or to object to the permit. She said there are numerous differences between the two petitions under the Clean Air Act.

In either case, McCarthy said her decision would be the same: denial.

FLZWC’s was given permission to object to the permit in June 2015 after the EPA determined that the state Department of Environmental Conservation record was inadequate to support its conclusion that the Seneca Energy II plant and the landfill were not under common control. The EPA directed the DEC to provide more documentation to support its conclusion that the two facilities are not under common control. That information was provided in October 2015.

Before the EPA could rule on that documentation, FLZWC filed its petition in February 2016.

Zero Waste officials did not respond to requests for comment.

#1487756 --- 08/03/16 06:01 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Hello_Governer]
Wizard Oz Falls Offline

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
As you read this keep in mind that the CCSC and Waterloo Container's lawyer filed the same petition for SMI.

4 hrs ago
 SENECA — Finger Lakes Zero Waste Coalition sought to reopen the debate on a 2012 air-quality permit issued to an electricity-generating plant at the Ontario County Landfill.

...McCarthy disagreed, saying the group failed to demonstrate that the permit does not comply with Clean Air Act requirements.

The anti-dump folks ought to do a self test for their breath. Some are discustingly smelling of bad odor.

#1487760 --- 08/03/16 08:01 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
I want to point out the obvious because I see all these signs about being stink free... yada yada yada..... You all realize that that hill is going to stink for a long long time after we are gone right?

Oh and the law is going after more than just the landfill, hope the board takes that into consideration

#1487765 --- 08/03/16 10:42 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Tiger Shark Offline

I love how you use "dump haters" like it's an insult. As if supporting a cancerous mountain of other people's trash is somehow something to be proud of LOL. Let it go to court. The DEC is not without flaw and despite what BM believes, is not all-powerful. The courts can very easily smack down the DEC.

#1487766 --- 08/03/16 10:45 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Wizard Oz Falls]
Tiger Shark Offline

Originally Posted By: Wizard Oz Falls
Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer

4 hrs ago

...McCarthy disagreed, saying the group failed to demonstrate that the permit does not comply with Clean Air Act requirements.

The anti-dump folks ought to do a self test for their breath. Some are discustingly smelling of bad odor.

Dump-humpers and Goon Platoon min. wage workers come home to their trailers after a day spent working at the largest toxic waste landfill in NY and you actually make a joke about someone else's breath? People can smell you, you individually, from a mile away, you do not get to insult ANYONE'S odor.

#1487776 --- 08/04/16 09:37 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Tiger Shark]
Wizard Oz Falls Offline

Originally Posted By: Tiger Shark
I love how you use "dump haters" like it's an insult. As if supporting a cancerous mountain of other people's trash is somehow something to be proud of LOL. Let it go to court. The DEC is not without flaw and despite what BM believes, is not all-powerful. The courts can very easily smack down the DEC.

Cancerous? Prove it. More lies from Tiger Shirk.

The DEC will help the anti dump people like they did with the Clay-Mine... Hahahahahahaha

#1487792 --- 08/04/16 01:13 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Tiger Shark]
Hello_Governer Offline

Dump-humpers and Goon Platoon min. wage workers come home to their trailers after a day spent working at the largest toxic waste landfill in NY and you actually make a joke about someone else's breath? People can smell you, you individually, from a mile away, you do not get to insult ANYONE'S odor.
https://youtu.be/Adrdmmh7bMo

http://www.ufw.org/_page.php?menu=research&inc=history/10.html
Youth Activism · Donor Center · Twitter · Facebook · YouTube .... If we ignored pesticide poisoning-if we looked on as farm workers and their children are ... grape workers-hundreds of people-were poisoned after entering vineyards containing toxic residues. In all those episodes, the grapes had been sprayed weeks before.

Edited by Hello_Governer (08/04/16 01:32 PM)

#1487817 --- 08/04/16 09:00 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Wizard Oz Falls]
Tiger Shark Offline

Originally Posted By: Wizard Oz Falls

Cancerous? Prove it. More lies from Tiger Shirk.

The DEC will help the anti dump people like they did with the Clay-Mine... Hahahahahahaha

And here we are back at this yet again. If you believe breathing in a mountain of garbage is NOT cancerous, you're a fool. Prove that it IS NOT. Oh, that's right, your employer won't allow the independent study because the potential results terrify them.

#1487818 --- 08/04/16 10:16 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: Tiger Shark]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
"Cancerous? Prove it. More lies from Tiger Shirk.

The DEC will help the anti dump people like they did with the Clay-Mine..."

https://youtu.be/Adrdmmh7bMo

http://www.ufw.org/_page.php?menu=research&inc=history/10.html
Youth Activism · Donor Center · Twitter · Facebook · YouTube .... If we ignored pesticide poisoning-if we looked on as farm workers and their children are ... grape workers-hundreds of people-were poisoned after entering vineyards containing toxic residues. In all those episodes, the grapes had been sprayed weeks before.

Edited by scwoodchuck (08/04/16 10:17 PM)

#1487896 --- 08/08/16 09:33 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Wizard Oz Falls Offline

This will HAPPEN

#1487961 --- 08/09/16 11:54 AM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Tiger Shark Offline

Again, prove that it is not. The DEC is not to be trusted. Where is the unbiased, independent study?

All scare tactics are coming from Kyle Black and his Goon Platoon.

#1487968 --- 08/09/16 01:22 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Wizard Oz Falls Offline

Why not rail against the DEC then?

They are not scare tactics, you would have to listen to the ANTI_DUMP people for the scare tactics. Saying the dump causes cancer and the Lakes are being polluted. PROVE IT.

#1487971 --- 08/09/16 02:26 PM Re: Way to go, Seneca Falls Town Board! [Re: outwithsfpd]
Tiger Shark Offline

The lakes, namely Seneca ARE being polluted. The water is becoming more salinated. The fish are dying off. The beaches at the parks are regularly closed due to high levels of bacteria. This is not a conspiracy. The info is there for all to see.

And the dump DOES cause cancer. Why is Seneca county the leading county for cancer rates in the state? You really think that's a coincidence. Do you really believe breathing in 6,000 tons of garbage daily into your lungs is healthy for any living thing? Wake up and grow up.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >