FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1489095 --- 08/31/16 08:14 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Tacitus

The capacity might be there, but the conductors get smaller as you approach the load, which is the opposite of the arrangement you want if you want to be a source of power.

residual supply is 'stepped' down to 120 volts

in the industrial park the supply is most likely 480 volts or 3 phase as commercial users requires larger supply/volts/demand/amps

also believe that cuomo has set up grants to establish 'micro electric suppliers'

FingerLakes1.com
#1489096 --- 08/31/16 08:21 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

WRONG....look up LOAD capacity and how a plant is sized based on electrical usage not only by a standard voltage or amperage rating. There's a sub station sitting on the plant site...care to explain why it was placed there? 3 phase 480 is bare minimal for that plant.

#1489101 --- 08/31/16 09:08 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
There's a sub station sitting on the plant site...care to explain why it was placed there?

for a future 30 acre solar panel system to connect to the grid

LOL

#1489102 --- 08/31/16 09:16 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline

I am having a great deal of pain in my leg, so the laughing isn't good for me. You obviously know nothing about infrastructure, the sub station is approximately 80 feet by 80 feet. Now for more information, a solar system is very expensive to install and just as expensive to maintain, adverse to steel and wiring. It's very obvious that you're the type of individual who Google and becomes more ignorant due to a lack of understanding as to what they read.

#1489105 --- 08/31/16 09:59 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

laughing

the sub station is approximately 80 feet by 80 feet.

storage for your batteries? LOL

a solar system is very expensive to install

state and federal rebates

ontario county installed a solar system

just as expensive to maintain

how so?

#1489107 --- 08/31/16 10:28 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
the type of individual who Google and becomes more ignorant due to a lack of understanding as to what they read.

Cluelesszone simply doesn't get it. crazy

#1489111 --- 09/01/16 06:44 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

Loc: LOST IN SPACE
You should talk, you only read parts of something and then get ripped to shreds with your own posts.

#1489113 --- 09/01/16 07:28 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

If that were true, I'm sure that you'd have no problem providing actual examples. whistle

Judgement stands.

#1489120 --- 09/01/16 09:57 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Formermac Offline

Originally Posted By: scwoodchuck
You should talk, you only read parts of something and then get ripped to shreds with your own posts.

In all fairness, you're detouring from the original topic but personal sidetracking has achieved just that, off topic. I'm a retired master electrician who allowed himself to get into a fray with someone (Bluezone) I construe as not even a novice when speaking in regard electrical infrastructure, so that action makes for 2 idiots instead of one, now if you care to be inclusive to the idiot club, please proceed Sir. For the most part, Timbo is very knowledgeable and can hold his own due to being well read on many subjects. Maybe something we all can mimic that, including myself and have more educated and intelligent debates instead of pissing contests, which is the standard here for the last few years.

#1489126 --- 09/01/16 01:48 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
secure white guy Offline

Loc: blue yoga mat

In all fairness, you're detouring from the original topic but personal sidetracking has achieved just that, off topic. I'm a retired master electrician who allowed himself to get into a fray with someone (Bluezone) I construe as not even a novice when speaking in regard electrical infrastructure, so that action makes for 2 idiots instead of one, now if you care to be inclusive to the idiot club, please proceed Sir. For the most part, Timbo is very knowledgeable and can hold his own due to being well read on many subjects. Maybe something we all can mimic that, including myself and have more educated and intelligent debates instead of pissing contests, which is the standard here for the last few years.

Well said and duly noted Formermac.

Worth noting also. Mockery can be a valid and useful form of criticism, particularly when dealing with the intellectual dishonesty habitually offered by certain former contributors

#1489133 --- 09/01/16 05:05 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
scwoodchuck Offline

So are you saying you are an idiot ? I would suggest that you follow timbo a little closer before you stick up for him. timbo can't make a post without letting everyone know how superior he thinks he is. If you're looking for and intelligent debate you came to the wrong place. crazy

#1489134 --- 09/01/16 05:51 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Formermac Offline

So are you saying you are an idiot ? I would suggest that you follow timbo a little closer before you stick up for him. timbo can't make a post without letting everyone know how superior he thinks he is. If you're looking for and intelligent debate you came to the wrong place. crazy

That's exactly what I stated, now if I debated any further with you in regard to this off topic subject that will make 3 idiots.....since you have not the ability to stay on topic and you somehow failed to comprehend.....may I help you in that regard or can you of your own accord do the honorable thing,act like an adult and resume the 10 million dollar topic? whistle

#1489139 --- 09/01/16 07:51 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
scwoodchuck Offline

Gee, and all this time I thought you were talking about SOLAR POWER. LIKE 2 PAGES OF IT !!! Forget about the 10 million because you can bet it's already spent. crazy

#1489140 --- 09/02/16 07:10 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Formermac]
Hello_Governer Offline

Loc: New York, Seneca
This is great, timbo says some of the 10 million should be used for stricter gun control laws, Chuck provides info that stricter laws don't work. Now Chuck is off topic. You start talking about idiots, Chuck asks if you are an idiot, now Chuck is off topic again. The best part is when you complain about bluezone. You haven't figured out that bluezone is just messing with you like he messes with everyone. He is just trying to drive you nuts and it seems to be working. grin He is smarter than you think and it seems he is smarter than both you and timbo. crazy

#1489141 --- 09/02/16 08:24 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Hello_Governer]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Hello_Governer
timbo says some of the 10 million should be used for stricter gun control laws. Chuck provides info that stricter laws don't work.

No, I'm saying that employing more cops is a demonstrably ineffective way to curb gun crime, and NOW I'm saying that both you and "Chuckles" have proven yourselves to be both grossly uninformed about the scientific, rigorously established correlation between high rates of gun ownership and increased gun crime and are also confused as to the difference between that of proper scientific methodology and of bootless propaganda.

#1489142 --- 09/02/16 09:12 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: Timbo]
scwoodchuck Offline

RIGHT crazy

#1489201 --- 09/03/16 10:08 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: scwoodchuck]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

RIGHT crazy

Please elaborate in order to clarify your point (assuming you actually HAVE one). smirk

#1495349 --- 02/13/17 01:33 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: pingu]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: pingu
We have a city with 60% off the tax roles

nearly $3 million for two projects?

one project will create a small amount of jobs

the most any one project should get is about $100,000

if a project is not able to stand on its own is it even viable?

the money should be put into a revloving loan fund

only loaned out to projects that are viable, benefit the city and lower the tax burden for the taxpaying homeowners

#1495405 --- 02/14/17 08:17 PM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: bluezone]
scwoodchuck Offline

This is just our illustrious governor laying the groundwork for his run for president. Or to put it simpler Cuomo's just buying votes.

Edited by scwoodchuck (02/14/17 09:08 PM)

#1496940 --- 03/23/17 08:17 AM Re: $10 Million for Geneva! [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: pingu
We have a city with 60% off the tax roles

IDA approves nearly $40 million in tax breaks for guardian glass

1 step forward and 4 steps back or

10 million steps forward and nearly 40 million steps back

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >