Topic Options
#1489904 --- 09/20/16 07:00 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: bluezone
You can start with the fundamentals of Y-DNA Haplogroups.

are you suggesting DNA testing?

If it means you'll pack your colonialist bags, most DEFINATELY, yes.

when do you plan on leaving the USA?

FingerLakes1.com
#1489905 --- 09/20/16 07:06 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: Teonan]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Teonan
Originally Posted By: kyle585

If it means you'll pack your colonialist bags, most DEFINATELY, yes. whistle
Everybody is either a Native American or a colonialist, right?

[size:11pt]No.

There are also those who've struggled to identify and RID themselves of euro-centric, colonialist mentality.

Originally Posted By: Formermac
move

#1489920 --- 09/20/16 11:03 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
It's very odd that you can feel fear for yourself but somehow negate or attempt to find sympathy for others.I believe that you know what and whom I'm referring to wink
How did you determine I only have sympathy for myself? Trumps nuclear war would destroy this world so precious to NA's as well as all the rest of us.

Well, ain't you the sudden NA advocate? crazy

#1489924 --- 09/20/16 11:37 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline

It's very odd that you can feel fear for yourself but somehow negate or attempt to find sympathy for others.I believe that you know what and whom I'm referring to wink
How did you determine I only have sympathy for myself? Trumps nuclear war would destroy this world so precious to NA's as well as all the rest of us.

Well!!!! never mind crazy Timbo put it so eloquently.

#1489935 --- 09/21/16 03:23 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
I have always been an advocate for all people being treated equally. NA's were treated badly hundreds of years ago. You can't get past that ancient history to realize that the USA was founded on all men being treated equally in 2016.

#1489944 --- 09/21/16 08:46 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Lucinda Knotts Offline

I have always been an advocate for all people being treated equally. NA's were treated badly hundreds of years ago. You can't get past that ancient history to realize that the USA was founded on all men being treated equally in 2016.
"NA's were treated badly hundreds of years ago." ??????

I think if you'd take the trouble to read some history of the 20th century and a few newspapers, you'd discover that "bad treatment of Native Americans both as tribes and individuals is hardly ancient history, even though the genocidal practices of earlier centuries was no longer in vogue. And if you read the US Constitution, you might also realize that the concept of all men being treated equally wasn't what the founding fathers had in mind.

#1489952 --- 09/21/16 04:39 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Lucinda Knotts]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Lucinda Knotts
"bad treatment of Native Americans both as tribes and individuals is hardly ancient history, even though the genocidal practices of earlier centuries was no longer in vogue.
Right. Things are different now.

#1489953 --- 09/21/16 04:40 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/scienc...p-news&_r=0

Modern humans evolved somewhere in Africa roughly 200,000 years ago. But how did our species go on to populate the rest of the globe?

Did humans flood out of Africa in a single diaspora, or did we trickle from the continent in waves spread out over tens of thousands of years? The question, one of the biggest in human evolution, has plagued scientists for decades.

Now they may have found an answer.

In a series of unprecedented genetic analyses published on Wednesday in the journal Nature, three separate teams of researchers conclude that all non-Africans today trace their ancestry to a single population emerging from Africa between 50,000 and 80,000 years ago.

“I think all three studies are basically saying the same thing,” said Joshua M. Akey of the University of Washington, who wrote a commentary accompanying the new work. “We know there were multiple dispersals out of Africa, but we can trace our ancestry back to a single one.”

#1489957 --- 09/22/16 03:07 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Modern humans evolved somewhere in Africa roughly 200,000 years ago. But how did our species go on to populate the rest of the globe?

Did humans flood out of Africa in a single diaspora, or did we trickle from the continent in waves spread out over tens of thousands of years? The question, one of the biggest in human evolution, has plagued scientists for decades.

In a series of unprecedented genetic analyses published on Wednesday in the journal Nature, three separate teams of researchers conclude that all non-Africans today trace their ancestry to a single population emerging from Africa between 50,000 and 80,000 years ago.

“I think all three studies are basically saying the same thing,” said Joshua M. Akey of the University of Washington, who wrote a commentary accompanying the new work. “We know there were multiple dispersals out of Africa, but we can trace our ancestry back to a single one.”

Whatever point it is that you're trying to make has absolutely nothing to do with atrocities committed upon Native Peoples (past OR present).

#1489960 --- 09/22/16 06:44 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Timbo]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Whatever point it is that you're trying to make has absolutely nothing to do with atrocities committed upon Native Peoples (past OR present).
Tell me what atrocities are being committed in the present time on Native Americans who are US citizens and pay less taxes than the rest of us.

#1490285 --- 10/02/16 08:57 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

will you sue for the return of the original 'homeland' across the ocean ?

whistle

#1490286 --- 10/02/16 09:03 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

If it means you'll pack your colonialist bags, most DEFINATELY, yes.

when do you plan on leaving the USA?

#1490312 --- 10/02/16 12:49 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Tell me what atrocities are being committed in the present time on Native Americans who are US citizens and pay less taxes than the rest of us.
Note no reply from Timbo. grin

#1490318 --- 10/02/16 01:50 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Oh yes, I have. You just don't like the actual facts as they've been presented to you... REPEATEDLY.

Now, aren't you overdue for your morning dose of Ritalin?
smirk

#1490322 --- 10/02/16 05:24 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Timbo]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

smirk

Out-dosed until his colonist connection from Greeneville drops a kickstand. >>whistle

#1490326 --- 10/02/16 06:12 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: Teonan]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

smirk
Out-dosed until his colonist connection from Greeneville drops a kickstand. >>whistle
As if often the case your comments are a bunch of gibberish.

#1490328 --- 10/02/16 06:47 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Teonan Offline

Loc: West End

smirk

Hmmmm. You've mentioned your difficulty in understanding past forum contributors as well.

I think faster than any human hand can keep up. grin

Critical thinking and/or language comprehension just MIGHT be the basis of your occasionally conflicted thought process.

Try downshifting it a gear or two my friend.
wink

#1490330 --- 10/02/16 08:08 PM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: kyle585]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Now, aren't you overdue for your morning dose of Ritalin? smirk

Sorry, Kyle. Not everyone can be cowboys. Some are clowns. The key is to have fun with your part in the rodeo. grin

#1490386 --- 10/04/16 07:37 AM Re: Walk the Walk [Re: Timbo]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Oh yes, I have. You just don't like the actual facts as they've been presented to you... REPEATEDLY.

fact - you stated the 'tribes' sided with the british and LOST

You are your OWN self-fullfilling prophecy. You have no one to blame but yourself.

What a pity.

the 'tribes' only have themselves to blame for siding with the british

fact - the british LOST

CHEROKEES and CREEKS (among others TRIBES) in the southern interior and most Iroquois nations in the northern interior provided crucial support to the British war effort. With remarkably few exceptions, Native American support for the British was close to universal.

fact - the british LOST

The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779.

fact - the british LOST

As a Wea Indian complained about the failed military alliance with the British, "In endeavoring to assist you it seems we have wrought our own ruin."

fact - the british LOST

Relying on support from SPANISH COLONISTS in New Orleans as well as assistance from the British at FORT DETROIT, varied native groups continued to resist Anglo-American incursions late into the 19th century.

fact - the british LOST

Most fought with the British, but all lost in the Peace which followed. The Preliminary Articles of Peace of 1782 did not mention the Native Americans at all. Brant was outraged that the British were selling out the tribes.The British failed to set aside areas which were promised by Treaties they had made with the tribes.

fact - the british LOST

Originally Posted By: secure white guy
No Empire lasts forever

fact - the british LOST

Evolve or die

fact - the british LOST

it's irrelevant what the courts decide.

fact - the british LOST

see how your own statements make you look foolish

THE BRITISH LOST

got it yet?

#1490388 --- 10/04/16 07:58 AM Re: Walk the Talk [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

see how your own statements make you look foolish

THE BRITISH LOST

got it yet?

Not so much as the FOOL who deludes himself into believing that he's somehow made a cogent point after misrepresenting word-snippets, by using them completely void of their original context. grin

At least you''ve taken to heart, the fact that..."Not everyone can be cowboys. Some are clowns. The key is to have fun with your part in the rodeo."

Page 18 of 20 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 >