FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 119 of 120 < 1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 >
Topic Options
#1518010 --- 07/28/18 01:21 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...er-trump-report

Therapists in the U.S. say they have seen a rise in politically-related anxiety under the Trump presidency.

Though a condition has not been officially named, therapists and patients have referred to it as “Trump Anxiety Disorder,” according to a report from Canada’s CBC News.

Elisabeth LaMotte, the founder of the D.C. Counseling and Psychotherapy Center in Washington, D.C., told CBC that there is a “collective anxiety” among her patients related to President Trump’s rhetoric and policies.

"There is a fear of the world ending," she said. "It's very disorienting and constantly unsettling."

She said that Trump critics whom she treats exhibit similar behavior to patients who have a parent with a personality disorder.

"Whether it's conscious or not, I think we look to the president of the United States as a psychological parent," LaMotte said.

LaMotte told CBC that the “condition” is also common among Trump supporters, who often say they feel “isolated” by friends and family for aligning with the president or pulled into angry conversations.

Steve Stosny, another D.C. therapist, told CBC that he worked with a Trump administration official whose liberal-leaning wife and daughter were “starting to hate him.” The couple eventually decided to divorce, even though the husband left his post.

“The wife couldn't take it anymore,” Stosny said. “It's tough when one spouse is at war with the children.
"

Multiple therapists told CBC that they observed symptoms, including lack of sleep, excessive use of social media, feelings of losing control and helplessness, in their patients that they attributed to Trump-related anxiety.

National data indicates support for their findings.

The American Psychological Association (APA) found in a recent online survey that stress levels following the election are the highest they’ve been in a decade. And the majority of respondents reported stress over the 2016 election and the future of the nation as factors.

The APA also found a correlation between stress levels and electronic news consumption.

Therapists told CBC that in recent months, patients have indicated that separation of migrant families at the border, the retirement of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy and Trump’s various feuds with other world leaders have all been triggers for “Trump Anxiety Disorder.”

FingerLakes1.com
#1518046 --- 07/29/18 04:29 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Does anyone give a tweet what that fool does anymore?

David P Gelles
&#8207;Verified account
@gelles
2h2 hours ago

Trump tweets about the “witch hunt”

May 2017: 3 times
June 2017: 5 times
July 2017: 6 times
Oct 2017: 1 time
Dec 2017: 2 times
Jan 2018: 1 time
Feb 2018: 3 times
March 2018: 2 times
April 2018: 9 times
May 2018: 20 times
June 2018: 26 times
July 2018: 18 times

#1518047 --- 07/29/18 04:31 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

#1518057 --- 07/30/18 01:54 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Tony Schwartz
Verified account
@tonyschwartz
7h7 hours ago
More
Why did Cohen tape Trump? Because he, more than anyone, understood Trump is a pathological liar and might someday turn on him. Which is exactly what has happened.

#1518103 --- 07/30/18 02:40 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Will Mueller had to indict every Republican in congress too?

Dr. Dena GraysonVerified account
@DrDenaGrayson
Spouse of Rep. @AlanGrayson.
More
We’ve reached the point where Team&#127479;&#127482;Trump’s story is, “Yeah, we conspired with #Russia to throw the election, but SO WHAT?”

And all too many in the @GOP are aiding & abetting this RIDICULOUS spin.&#129324;

But Team&#127482;&#127480;Mueller isn’t falling for ANY of it.

#TrumpRussia
#ComplicitGOP

#1518156 --- 07/30/18 06:34 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

There goes the Nobel Peach prize. As if he had a chance. grin

&#127800;Mia &#127800;
@mommamia1217
Following Following @mommamia1217
More
BREAKING news per CNN: US spy agencies are warning of signs that North Korea is building new intercontinental missiles capable of reaching United States grin

#1518157 --- 07/30/18 06:35 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

The Hill
Verified account
@thehill
11m11 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: Satellite images appear to show North Korea constructing new missiles: report http://hill.cm/qT6KIqD

#1518158 --- 07/30/18 06:36 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

#1518159 --- 07/30/18 06:54 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

#1518160 --- 07/30/18 06:56 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Sen Dianne Feinstein
Verified account
@SenFeinstein
38m38 minutes ago
More
It’s clear who’s benefited the most from the #GOPTaxBill. CEO pay is hitting record highs while the average worker’s salary has actually fallen. Now Republicans want to use their tax giveaway to the rich as an excuse to gut Medicare and Medicaid.

#1518161 --- 07/30/18 06:58 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Rick Wilson
Verified account
@TheRickWilson
6m6 minutes ago
More
The North Korea matter should remind you once again that Donald Trump is completely naive when it comes to the blandishments, seductions, foot massages, sloe-eyed glances, perfumed handkerchiefs, flirtatious billets- doux, and long moonlit walks on the beach with dictators.

#1518165 --- 07/31/18 01:21 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Matthew DowdVerified account
@matthewjdowd Follows you
Pop to 6 kids. Proud Independent. Chief Political Analyst, ABC News; Founder http://ListenTo.Us , country over party, based in Texas, like me. http://listento.us/

@matthewjdowd
Following Following @matthewjdowd
More
If rudy Giuliani were my father I would immediately take away his car keys and remove all dangerous implements from his condo. And then figure out what assisted living he might need.

#1518166 --- 07/31/18 02:20 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
Guess that I overdid myself physically yesterday and now I'm paying dearly for it but good morning Kyle. For whatever reason, I thought of Melania Trump and her reasoning(s) for staying with the Donald. Several come to mind, do she love him to the extent that she's willing to sacrifice her own happiness just to please him? Is it because her son needs his father? Is it because in reality, she's poor, uneducated and have no real means of supporting her self? Are we just that beaten down psychologically, that we feel we can't do anything unassisted? These very questions remind me of Trump supporters, why hang on to someone that cheats on you, lie on you, physically and verbally abuse you but you stay anyways? it's a sad day for any individual who's only reason for staying in an abusive relationship or support total dysfunction is to have financial security. Thus far, the United States has lost all credibility as a great country, our leader is untrustworthy, a failure as an role model, he lies, very abusive, he's a proven womanizer and the list goes on. Remember the GOP's indignation when Hillary would support a man that got a bl%%%%% job on the side and support him anyways? Where is that indignation today on the Republican side today when we have a president that makes Bill Clinton look like an honest priest? No where to be found. Bottom line, I actually feel sorry for any individual who's bragging stances are "he gives me financial security" but the real disturbing fallout is low self esteem, no morals and ethics, you describe to me one of theses type of people and I'll show you a mob family who's lives are filled with some of the most vile characters and lowlife imaginable. Thanks Republicans for showing the world just how hypocritically laden you can be while criticizing their way of life.

#1518169 --- 07/31/18 06:11 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: Formermac]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Formermac
Guess that I overdid myself physically yesterday and now I'm paying dearly for it but good morning Kyle. For whatever reason, I thought of Melania Trump and her reasoning(s) for staying with the Donald. Several come to mind, do she love him to the extent that she's willing to sacrifice her own happiness just to please him? Is it because her son needs his father? Is it because in reality, she's poor, uneducated and have no real means of supporting her self? Are we just that beaten down psychologically, that we feel we can't do anything unassisted? These very questions remind me of Trump supporters, why hang on to someone that cheats on you, lie on you, physically and verbally abuse you but you stay anyways? it's a sad day for any individual who's only reason for staying in an abusive relationship or support total dysfunction is to have financial security. Thus far, the United States has lost all credibility as a great country, our leader is untrustworthy, a failure as an role model, he lies, very abusive, he's a proven womanizer and the list goes on. Remember the GOP's indignation when Hillary would support a man that got a bl%%%%% job on the side and support him anyways? Where is that indignation today on the Republican side today when we have a president that makes Bill Clinton look like an honest priest? No where to be found. Bottom line, I actually feel sorry for any individual who's bragging stances are "he gives me financial security" but the real disturbing fallout is low self esteem, no morals and ethics, you describe to me one of theses type of people and I'll show you a mob family who's lives are filled with some of the most vile characters and lowlife imaginable. Thanks Republicans for showing the world just how hypocritically laden you can be while criticizing their way of life.
Good morning. You bring up a lot of good points in here. grin grin grin

#1518359 --- 08/02/18 03:41 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Ron Wyden
Verified account
@RonWyden
7m7 minutes ago
More Ron Wyden Retweeted The Seattle Times
Republicans in Congress promised a $4,000 raise with the #GOPTaxScam. That hasn’t happened. Now, hard-working Americans will be hit with a nasty tax surprise next year because of underwithholding due to the scam's updated withholding tables. Another promise made, promise broken.

#1518366 --- 08/02/18 04:26 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/spoke-g...O3hmeCA.twitter

‘He spoke gibberish’: Omarosa reveals Trump’s ‘mental decline’ was so obvious it could not be denied’

Explosive allegations from former White House official Omarosa Manigault-Newman are beginning to emerge in the press ahead of her upcoming tell-all book release.

One section makes the claim that President Donald Trump is experiencing noticable cognitive decline.

“While watching the [Lester Holt] interview I realized that something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain. His mental decline could not be denied,” Omarosa writes. “Many didn’t notice it as keenly as I did because I knew him way back when. They thought Trump was being Trump, off the cuff […] But I knew something wasn’t right.”

“Donald rambled. He spoke gibberish. He contradicted himself from one sentence to the next,” she elaborated.

According to the book’s publisher, Omarosa has known Trump for 15 years but completely severed ties with him following her alleged firing from the White House.

Edited by kyle585 (08/02/18 04:31 PM)

#1518367 --- 08/02/18 04:37 PM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

More
Some ppl don’t believe this is happening to America

Some ppl don’t want to believe it’s happening to America

It’s happening America!

WE have a POTUS actively committing #Treason against the United States & the real mind bender is... he’s actually trying to overthrow the Gov

0 replies 2 retweets 31 likes

#1518390 --- 08/03/18 03:54 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

"Our citizens may be deceived for awhile, and have been deceived; but as long as the presses can be protected, we may trust to them for light." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart. 1799.

#1518391 --- 08/03/18 03:56 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

“Unless she’s a lesbian, I believe that most women who meet me want to sleep with me. I have always attracted beautiful 10’s.” —— Donald Trump on the Howard Stern show 12/19/2006

#1518392 --- 08/03/18 04:00 AM Re: Donald Trump [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Melva Mud &#9203;
&#8207;@Melva_Mud
1m1 minute ago
Melva Mud &#9203; Retweeted Kyle Griffin
Stupid bastard. @realDonaldTrumpMelva Mud &#9203; added,

Kyle Griffin
Verified account
@kylegriffin1
"I have great respect for the U.K. United Kingdom. Great respect. People call it Britain. They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England, different parts." (via Fox)

Page 119 of 120 < 1 2 ... 117 118 119 120 >