FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 42 of 60 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
#1472974 --- 06/28/15 12:32 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
The Purdue Vaccination Studies and Auto-antibodies

By Catherine O'Driscoll

The good news is that thousands of animal lovers (but not enough) have heard what we’ve been saying. Canine Health Concern members around the world use real food as Nature’s supreme disease preventative, eschewing processed pet food, and minimise the vaccine risk. Some of us, myself included, have chosen not to vaccinate our pets at all. Our reward is healthy and long-lived dogs.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/purdue-vaccination-studies/

FingerLakes1.com
#1472976 --- 06/28/15 12:40 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

It's back. The Monsanto Protection Act 2.0.

The bill that would deny voters the right to pass state bills to label genetically engineered foods—and make mandatory labeling at the federal level impossible—has been reintroduced in Congress, despite hundreds of thousands of emails and phone calls from people like you opposing this corporate power-grab.

To make matters worse, Congressman Pompeo just released a dangerous new amendment to the DARK Act that would preempt any state or county laws regulating genetically engineered (GE) crops in any way.

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=14356

#1472977 --- 06/28/15 12:44 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

The Legal Edition

Video discussions on current issues, vaccines, gmo food, fracking, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLegalEdition

#1472980 --- 06/28/15 01:15 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Environmental, Farmer, and Consumer Groups Demand Higher Standards for Genetically Engineered (GE) Crop Regulations

June 22nd, 2015

“Not only are many crops inadequately regulated, under the current system, GE crops are increasingly being allowed to evade regulations all together,” said Doug Gurian-Sherman, PhD., director of sustainable agriculture and senior scientist at Center for Food Safety. “It makes sound scientific sense for APHIS to regulate based on the process by which GE crops are created, not just based on a select few characteristics. This would provide clarity, consistency, and transparency to the regulatory process, something everyone should want.”

http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/press...op-regulations#

#1472982 --- 06/28/15 01:35 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Lawsuit Launched to Protect Endangered Wildlife From Dangerous New Chemical Cocktail

June 18th, 2015

Conservation and food safety groups today submitted a formal notice of intent to sue the Environmental Protection Agency for approving a toxic new pesticide called bicyclopyrone (or “BCP”) without properly considering its potentially lethal effects on endangered animals and plants.

http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/press...mical-cocktail#

#1472988 --- 06/28/15 10:07 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Monsanto's Covert War on European Food Security

25 June 2015 By Ulson Gunnar

The Post, like many papers across America and Europe, has long-served the interests of the monied elite, with biotech and big-agriculture counted prominently among them. The Post and others will spin and obfuscate Monsanto's intentions until it is too late to overturn the genetic corruption their crops will inflict on the once well-protected, sovereign fields of Ukraine.

The Post, in its role as associate lobbyist for big-agriculture, attempts to downplay this fact. However, reported elsewhere, even within the Western media itself, are reports that the agricultural powerhouse that is the United States is now importing organic corn because consumers refuse to eat tainted GMO products grown within the States.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/31594-monsanto-s-covert-war-on-european-food-security

#1472989 --- 06/28/15 10:15 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Some good news...

EPA Forced to Study Impact of Atrazine and Glyphosate on US Endangered Species

Posted on Jun 28 2015 - 11:52pm by Sustainable Pulse

The Environmental Protection Agency will analyze the impacts of atrazine and glyphosate — the two most commonly used pesticides in the United States — on 1,500 endangered plants and animals in the United States under the terms of a settlement reached today with the Center for Biological Diversity. The EPA will also analyze the impacts of propazine and simazine, two pesticides that are chemically similar to atrazine. It has committed to completing the assessments by June 2020.

“This settlement is the first step to reining in the widespread use of dangerous pesticides that are harming both wildlife and people,” said Brett Hartl, endangered species policy director at the Center for Biological Diversity. “Atrazine, for instance, chemically castrates frogs even in tiny doses, is an endocrine disruptor, and likely causes birth defects in people. The EPA should have banned this years ago.”

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/06/28/e...s/#.VZCpb43bL3h

#1473006 --- 06/29/15 10:07 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Russian Deputy PM Confirms ‘Clean Products’ Benefit of GMO Free Agriculture

Posted on Jun 21 2015

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich has announced that Russia will not use genetically modified organisms (GMOs) to increase productivity in agriculture, while he was speaking on Friday at a session of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
“Russia has chosen a different path. We will not use these technologies”, he said.

As a result of this decision Russian products will be “one of the cleanest in the world” in terms of technology use, Dvorkovich continued.

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/06/21/r...e/#.VZHyvo3bL3h

#1473018 --- 06/30/15 09:01 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Erin Brockovich - June 29th

"It's official, the San Joaquin River in California is gone. There is no one left to cut off."

If you want to know what's going on in the world with water, follow Erin's page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erin-Brockovich/75960805493?fref=nf

#1474160 --- 08/04/15 07:18 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Why I’m Pro GMO — A Farm Boy’s Perspective
Jul 8, 20159,567 views65 Likes12 CommentsShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
If you’re looking for anti-GMO spin, you won’t find it here. No worries. You can find enough emotionally charged, fact-vacant, anti-GMO vitriol online (or among Whole Foods shoppers) to more than counterbalance what you’re about to read.

I’m a fan of GMOs. Why? Because Genetically Modified Organisms — those demonized, misunderstood, boogiemen disguised as farm crops you’ve heard so much misinformation about — are wonderful technological advancements. Put simply, GMOs hold the promise of saving Earth, along with lots of human lives.

Because I understand farming
I grew up on an Indiana dairy farm. I’ve walked soybean fields with a machete on hot summer days to get rid of stubborn weeds. Have you? Probably not, because only 1% of Americans are involved in farming. Yet, activists — most of whom have never produced a single food calorie in their life — want to dictate food production.

I know the daily challenge of keeping animals alive and crops productive while battling weather, insects, weeds, sickness and the clock, which allows you so many hours each day and growing season. As such, I welcome technological advancements in Agriculture. Because….

GMOs make life and work easier
Technological advancement makes us more productive. Think Google, Apple, and the smart phone in your hand. You use technology for business, don't you? Imagine a bunch of people signing petitions, inspired by Dr. Oz, clamoring for laws that would require you to stop using your technology. No more Google, no more smart phone — from now on it’s the Yellow Pages and a calling card at the pay phone (if you can find a pay phone).

That’s the degree of set back you’re asking Agriculture to endure.

GMOs are “Green” and “Sustainable”
Life on Earth depends on topsoil. GMOs help us conserve that precious soil.

Let’s use soybeans as our example. In the old days we drove over the soil a lot. Mostly cultivating and tilling. Trips across the field in tractors require a lot of human time, burn a lot of fossil fuels, and compact the soil. Compacted soil can’t absorb water, which leads to run off, sedimentation of waterways, and erosion. Cultivation also exposes soil to wind erosion — remember the Dust Bowl?

Enter GMO soybeans. We plant, spray, then harvest. “Oooh,” you shriek, “you spray those soybeans with herbicide and insecticide because GMOs are an evil plot by Monsanto!” Don’t kid yourself, dear consumer. We were spraying soybeans (and just about every other crop) long before genetically engineered seed. GMOs will actually allow us to use less chemicals, with traits such as insect resistance bred into the plant.

Less soil erosion, less fossil fuel burned, and less chemicals sprayed. Sounds like a win for the environment, doesn’t it? So why do alleged environmentalists oppose this technology?

I believe in Science
There are 200 million fewer hungry people on Earth than there were just 2 decades ago. And during that time, world population grew by 2 billion! Credit science and technology.

In spite of our achievement, approximately 800 million people are still undernourished according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the U.N. Science holds the promise of feeding those people, and GMOs are just the latest iteration of scientific advancement in food.

Imagine seed that can tolerate drought, fix its own nutrients without need of synthetic fertilizer, or produce triple the yield. No more deforestation, no more marginal lands being tilled, less need to transport food long distances, and no more hungry people.

Most people would call this advancement. Like hybridization, pasteurization, or selective breeding, GMO technology is the next accomplishment in food. Yet they’re a lightning rod, despite the science proving their safety and track record. To the scientific minded observer, this debate looks a lot like the “debate” over vaccines.

Food production is business
Somehow this fact is lost on the anti-GMO crowd. The nostalgic vision of farmers markets and men in bib overalls is, frankly, insulting. Farmers grow genetically engineered crops because it makes sense for their business. GMOs save time, offer the latest traits in seed development, and can provide a positive input cost-to-yield ratio. With millions of dollars of capital at risk, farmers, like all businesses, must look at the bottom line.

Why I’m Pro GMO
It’s trendy to be against GMOs. Sadly, science can’t compete with fear-based propaganda. Face it, words like “Frankenfood” appeal to emotion, not logic. But this isn’t about an idealized vision of Agriculture. It’s about human advancement, it’s about conserving Earth’s resources. It’s about feeding those in countries too poor and hungry to have the luxury of being anti-GMO.

Humans advanced from hunter-gatherers to subsistence farming to modern agriculture by applying ingenuity to food production. Because of those advancements, we are free to build skyscrapers, design electric cars, and, most importantly, eat well.

You can protest GMOs. But I won’t join you because I understand the business of farming and I believe in human progress. This is just the next step.

Damian Mason is a farm boy, farm owner, Agricultural Speaker, and supporter of GMO’s. Find him at www.damianmason.com

#1474539 --- 08/22/15 12:48 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
H4g8ztp Offline

I'd been wondering why Miss Arty had stopped posting so I dug around and found her through a lost cat page. she said she had got banned in early july and the ban is supposed to be up at the end of august.

#1474549 --- 08/23/15 04:40 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
And perhaps this time she just might not take her insanity to a whole new fruit basket level........

#1474967 --- 09/01/15 03:23 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

My driving force is my family. It doesn't make any difference to me what you or anyone else thinks about me. I know that my family and my farmers are proud that I am trying.

I'm a member of Moms Across America, a group of moms teaching the public about how our food was changed. We MAA moms take a lot of hits from people like you, people in farming, biotech and related industries. These hits will never stop us. You poisoned us and our kids. You should know better than to mess with a mama and her cubs.

I have almost 30,000 views in one thread. Almost 6,000 of those views while I was on a forced leave of absence.

Just like the women before me that fought for my right to vote, I will fight for my and my family's right to have food, water and an environment that isn't poisoned.

Call me a crazy, quack, lunatic. Bring it on. Sticks and stones won't stop me from trying to stop you from poisoning my family and btw, fyi, I am winning. Posts forthcoming.

https://www.facebook.com/MomsAcrossAmerica?fref=ts

http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/

http://www.momsacrosstheworld.com/

#1474968 --- 09/01/15 03:41 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

June 1, 2015

Target Introduces New Grocery Wellness Brand, Simply Balanced™

Designed to meet the increasing demand for healthy food products at a great price...

...products exclude 105 common food additive ingredients, and the vast majority of the items within the collection are made without GMOs. As part of Target’s commitment to wellness, the Simply Balanced collection will eliminate all GMOs by the end of 2014.

http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-introduces-new-grocery-wellness-brand-simply-balancedTM

April 10, 2014

Walmart and Wild Oats Launch Effort to Drive Down Organic Food Prices

Walmart, the nation’s largest grocer, announced today it will carry Wild Oats organic food items.

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/201...nic-food-prices

#1474969 --- 09/01/15 03:46 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Breaking: Germany Follows Scotland’s Lead And Opts To Ban GMOs

August 27, 2015 by Amanda Froelich

According to Christian Schmidt, Germany’s agriculture minister, Germany will persist with its previously-announced ban on GM crops, which made headlines on the 24th of August.

At present, EU countries have until October 3, 2015, to inform the commission if they intend to opt out of the bloc-wide approvals. Will more countries join Scotland and Germany? Many suspect, ‘yes.’

http://www.trueactivist.com/breaking-germany-follows-scotlands-lead-and-opts-to-ban-gmos

#1474970 --- 09/01/15 03:47 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

GLYPHOSATE OVERVIEW

Pediatrician Michelle Perro offers this insight into the impact of glyphosate on children’s health:

Digestive health is rapidly declining in children. If children eat conventionally grown food, they will potentially be eating glyphosate, pesticide adjuvants and GMOs as documented by these laboratory tests. What is happening to our children is several-fold: Alteration of their microbiome with subsequent issues of detoxification, production of vitamins and repair of their intestinal lining due to the anti-microbial effects of glyphosate. Additionally, they are mineral-deficient because of the chelation of glyphosate. There is laboratory evidence of zinc deficiency, for example, which then leads to immunological weakness/impairment since zinc is an important co-factor in immune system function.

Children are also experiencing an exponential increase in allergies which can be linked to lack of recognition of rogue proteins produced by genetically altered proteins in foods. This can subsequently cause an activation of their immune systems and production of antibodies against foods; the body is seeing the foods as foreign invaders and producing an immune response.

The bioaccumulation effects of glyphosate have not been addressed in children and the standards of safety are arbitrary and not based on any clinical evidence.

http://www.gmofreeusa.org/research/glyphosate/glyphosate-overview/

#1474971 --- 09/01/15 03:53 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

The New England Journal of Medicine Asks FDA to Reconsider Labeling GMO Foods

Published: August 25, 2015 | Authors: Mark Hyman | EcoWatch

Two recent developments are dramatically changing the GMO landscape. First, there have been sharp increases in the amounts and numbers of chemical herbicides applied to GM crops, and still further increases—the largest in a generation—are scheduled to occur in the next few years. Second, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified glyphosate, the herbicide most widely used on GM crops, as a “probable human carcinogen” and classified a second herbicide, 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D), as a “possible human carcinogen.”

http://www.nationofchange.org/2015/08/25...b4NRZE.facebook

#1474972 --- 09/01/15 03:56 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

New Study Finds A “Very Strong” Correlation Between GMOs And Two Dozen Diseases

January 17, 2015 by Arjun Walia

“These data show very strong and highly significant correlations between the increasing use of glyphosate, GE crop growth and the increase in a multitude of diseases. Many of the graphs show sudden increases in the rates of diseases in the mid-1990s that coincide with the commercial production of GE crops. The probabilities in the graphs and tables show that it is highly unlikely that the correlations are a coincidence. The strength of the correlations shows that there is a very strong probability that they are linked somehow.”

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015...dozen-diseases/

#1474973 --- 09/01/15 04:03 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

10 Countries Act Against Glyphosate

by Andrea Fabry —

Even prior to the World Health Organization’s Group 2A classification, many countries were already on the road to eliminating the use of glyphosate. Here is a partial list of nations seeking to reduce or eliminate the use of glyphosate.

http://it-takes-time.com/2015/08/10-countries-against-glyphosate.html

#1474974 --- 09/01/15 04:11 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Big Box Goes Organic as Target Pulls Canned Soups, Easy Mac

The Minneapolis-based retail chain isn't making many new friends in big food.

May 19, 2015 - Josh Scherer

CEO Brian Cornell, who was hired in August 2014 in part to stimulate Target's floundering food sales, recently gathered representatives from major prepackaged- food companies like General Mills, Campbell's, and Kraft Foods to inform them that their products wouldn't be occupying the same prime shelf space that they used to. This is all part of Target's new strategy to promote healthier, fresher options—to appeal to a younger, more health-conscious, organic-prone consumer base.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/05/...mpid=foodinc-fb

Page 42 of 60 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 59 60 >