FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 21 of 60 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 59 60 >
Topic Options
#1469579 --- 04/23/15 12:47 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS

http://faostat.fao.org/site/424/default.aspx#ancor

FingerLakes1.com
#1469580 --- 04/23/15 12:53 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Sorry, Monsanto. The Science Is on Our Side, Not Yours

March 24, 2015

Here are just a few examples of the latest reports, articles and books exposing the dangers of GMOs, Big Ag’s toxic chemicals and evidence of a decades-long cover-up to keep consumers in the dark.

One final comment on the climate-denier talking point. How ironic that Enright and the biotech industry would pretend to side with the scientists sounding the alarm on global warming—when the largest contributor to global warming is industrial agriculture, with its GMO monoculture crops. Anyone serious about global warming knows that our best hope is to ditch our chemical-intensive, soil-destroying industrial agriculture and replace it with organic, regenerative farming practices that restore the soil’s ability to capture carbon.

https://www.organicconsumers.org/blog/sorry-monsanto-science-our-side-not-yours

#1469581 --- 04/23/15 12:57 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Farmers turn to GMO-free crops to boost income

Christopher Doering April 18, 2015

When Justin Dammann enters his southwestern Iowa cornfield this month, the 35-year-old farmer will sow something these 2,400 acres have not seen in more than a decade — plants grown without genetically modified seeds.

"We never really thought we would go back to (non-GMO). But the consumer, in my opinion, has sent a clear message that a certain percentage of our customers are willing to pay more for the non-GMO lines," Dammann said. "This non-GMO thing has seemed to take hold and gain a lot of traction."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/agriculture/2015/04/18/non-gmo-farming/25951693/

#1469587 --- 04/23/15 02:48 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Free to watch for a limited time: Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of our Lives

https://vimeo.com/125627467

#1469624 --- 04/23/15 04:38 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Dr. Mehmet Oz / 4/23/15 (Link to show video at bottom)

In addition to today's show, I addressed my critics in this TIME piece. I've written about my unwavering commitment to you, the viewer, through my show.

Exclusive: Dr. Oz Says ‘We’re Not Going Anywhere’

"With a few clicks and some simple searches, a remarkable web of intrigue emerged—one that the mainstream media has completely missed. The lead author, Henry I. Miller, appears to have a history as a pro-biotech scientist, and was mentioned in early tobacco-industry litigation as a potential ally to industry. He also furthered the battle in California to block GMO labeling—a cause that I have been vocal about supporting. Another of the letter signees..."

"Whether you support genetically engineered crops or not, the freedom to make an informed choice should belong to consumers. The bill in Congress this month proposing to block states from independently requiring labeling offers a coup to pro-GMO groups."

http://time.com/3831926/dr-oz-criticism-answers/

Today's show:
https://www.facebook.com/droz?fref=ts

Edited by MissingArty (04/23/15 08:16 PM)

#1469632 --- 04/23/15 07:51 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Glyphosate Testing

Why has this validated glyphosate testing been developed?

Are there ‘safe’ levels of glyphosate?

http://feedtheworld.info/glyphosate-testing-test-yourself/

#1469633 --- 04/23/15 09:30 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: MissingArty
Dr. Mehmet Oz / 4/23/15 (Link to show video at bottom)

In addition to today's show, I addressed my critics in this TIME piece. I've written about my unwavering commitment to you, the viewer, through my show.

Exclusive: Dr. Oz Says ‘We’re Not Going Anywhere’

"With a few clicks and some simple searches, a remarkable web of intrigue emerged—one that the mainstream media has completely missed. The lead author, Henry I. Miller, appears to have a history as a pro-biotech scientist, and was mentioned in early tobacco-industry litigation as a potential ally to industry. He also furthered the battle in California to block GMO labeling—a cause that I have been vocal about supporting. Another of the letter signees..."

"Whether you support genetically engineered crops or not, the freedom to make an informed choice should belong to consumers. The bill in Congress this month proposing to block states from independently requiring labeling offers a coup to pro-GMO groups."

http://time.com/3831926/dr-oz-criticism-answers/

Today's show:
https://www.facebook.com/droz?fref=ts

Edited by cwjga (04/23/15 09:30 PM)

#1469634 --- 04/23/15 09:32 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Dr. OZ he's funny

#1469635 --- 04/23/15 09:33 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

#1469638 --- 04/23/15 11:14 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Re: The Daily Show segment

Cornell University says the potatoes are safe to eat and won't change your dna.

I say, no thanks, Cornell. I'll stick to the organic potatoes that I know for sure are safe to eat and won't change my dna.

I'm not volunteering for your corporate/academic science experiment and neither will the rest of America when they learn who is behind bringing this product to market.

A nation is waking up.

#1469639 --- 04/23/15 11:31 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

The consumer doesn't want it and you can't tell them where to spend their dollar. That's our decision.

Oat buyer says no glyphosate pre-harvest

Posted Apr. 22nd, 2015 by Robert Arnason

Grain Millers, a major oat buyer in Western Canada, will no longer purchase oats if the crop has been desiccated with glyphosate.

In an April 20 memo to Prairie oat growers, Grain Millers said the new policy was “driven by functional performance attributes of finished products manufactured from oats known to have been treated with glyphosate and by customer demand.”

Tyson said the company discovered that glyphosate was the cause of the frost-like damage, through a process of elimination.

http://www.producer.com/2015/04/oat-buyer-says-no-glyphosate-pre-harvest/#.VTgXFSVWdhE.facebook

#1469640 --- 04/23/15 11:42 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

30,000 Doctors and Health Professionals Demand Glyphosate Ban In Argentina

Jonathan Schoenfeld / April 22, 2015

A union of 30,000 doctors and health professionals announced efforts to eliminate the use of glyphosate-based herbicides following results from an International Agency for Research (IARC) evaluation that classifies glyphosate a probable cause of cancer.

http://theantimedia.org/30000-health-professionals-demand-glyphosate-ban-argentina/

#1469656 --- 04/24/15 11:57 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: cwjga

Even the Daily show understands how wacked the anti GMOérs are.

#1469679 --- 04/24/15 05:37 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
Teonan Offline

Loc: Malmö

If anti GMO bashing existed in your clip...which it does not...it's called parody. Sheez!

#1469686 --- 04/24/15 06:29 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: Teonan]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

laugh any holes in your cells yet, or maybe you are the person that had a change in DNA. laugh laugh laugh

#1469687 --- 04/24/15 06:30 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

#1469691 --- 04/24/15 07:00 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
Teonan Offline

Yeah k.

So...at what point in this clip does Perino's pro-GMO rah-rah rant materialize?

#1469699 --- 04/24/15 08:03 PM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

Christine Kumar
What an embarrassment (Jeffrey Smith). "I'm not a scientist." EXACTLY! If he eats a steak, does he turn into a cow? I really hope he is not a Cornell Alumnus.

#1469706 --- 04/25/15 02:18 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Lawsuit Accuses Monsanto of Lying About Safety of Roundup

By Carey Wedler

Global Research, April 24, 2015

The Anti-Media 23 April 2015

The lawsuit also alleges many adverse health effects of consuming glyphosate:

“Because it kills off our gut bacteria, glyphosate is linked to stomach and bowel problems, indigestion, ulcers, colitis, gluten intolerance, insomnia, lethargy, depression, Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease, allergies, obesity, diabetes, infertility, liver disease, renal failure, autism, Alzheimer’s, endocrine disruption, and the W.H.O. recently announced it is ‘probably carcinogenic.’”

The complaint further claims that dogs and cats carry the EPSP synthase enzyme, which puts them at risk for health issues related to ingestion of Roundup-coated products.

The lawsuit seeks to include anyone as a plaintiff who purchased Roundup or Roundup-related products during the last four years. It seeks unspecified damages and anticipates “thousands and thousands of class members.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/lawsuit-accuses-monsanto-of-lying-about-safety-of-roundup/5444984

#1469710 --- 04/25/15 02:49 AM Re: State of the Science of the Health Risks of GMO Food [Re: MissingArty]
Teonan Offline

Activists Pressing for a Ban on the Main Ingredient in Roundup Weed Killer

Consumer Affairs
by Christopher Maynard

April 23, 2015

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is taking another look at glyphosate -- the weed killer more commonly known as Roundup, manufactured by Monsanto. The agency declared it a carcinogen in 1985 but later reversed that decision. The chemical is up for review this year.

Use of glyphosate has increased dramatically in recent years and it is now used on a variety of crops that are grown for consumers. These include wheat, corn, soybeans, and many other foods we eat every day.

Besides the renewed interest from the EPA, the World Health Organization recently reported that the chemical is “probably carcinogenic to humans.”

In 2011, Reuters reported that 271 samples of soybeans out of 300 had glyphosate residue on them. Although the levels found were below EPA tolerance levels, this still raises some concerns among health advocates.

Monsanto officials say the WHO report is “dramatic departure from the conclusion reached by all regulatory agencies around the globe” and say it's not based on any new scientific evidence.

Activists respond

Health and safety advocates are putting heat on the EPA. The Organic Consumers Association (OCA), in conjunction with the Feed the World Project, today said it was launching the world’s first glyphosate testing for the general public. The project, with specific focus on women and children in the U.S., is offering the first-ever validated public glyphosate testing for urine, water and soon breast milk.

“For decades now, the public has been exposed, unknowingly and against their will, to glyphosate, despite mounting evidence that this key active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide is harmful to human health and the environment,” said Ronnie Cummins, OCA’s international director. “Monsanto has been given a free pass to expose the public to this dangerous chemical, because individuals, until now, been unable to go to their doctor’s office or local water testing company to find out if the chemical has accumulated in their bodies, or is present in their drinking water.

https://www.organicconsumers.org//news/activists-pressing-ban-main-ingredient-roundup-weed-killer

Page 21 of 60 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 59 60 >