FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1466206 --- 02/17/15 09:04 AM Furnace - simple fix
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
for those of you that have a high efficient furnace make sure the outside intake pipe and vent pipe are clear of snow or ice

if there is blockage the furnace may not operate

also check your battery in your thermostat if the furnace fails to come on

80% of calls for non working furnaces are usually for those two simple fixes

change the air filter if needed

FingerLakes1.com
#1466222 --- 02/17/15 10:18 AM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: bluezone]
Spanky Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY Seneca
Good post. I had the problem of no heat. Furness man came and found that the intake pipe was frozen . He cleared it and the heat came back on. While I was outside later, I saw the exhaust from the furness come out of it's pipe and get sucked into the intake pipe, where it froze again. Called the company again and told them what was happening, they advised me to clear the intake pipe and they would have a repair man extend the intake pipe so the exhaust would'nt get back in. Company thanked me as they had had the same problem at other locations and didn't know what was the problem was.

#1466314 --- 02/18/15 09:03 AM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: Spanky]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Spanky
Furnace man came and found that the intake pipe was frozen . He cleared it and the heat came back on. While I was outside later, I saw the exhaust from the furness come out of it's pipe and get sucked into the intake pipe, where it froze again. Called the company again and told them what was happening, they advised me to clear the intake pipe and they would have a repair man extend the intake pipe so the exhaust would'nt get back in. Company thanked me as they had had the same problem at other locations and didn't know what was the problem was.

did this company install your furnace?

#1466362 --- 02/19/15 08:03 AM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: Spanky]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Spanky
I had the problem of no heat. Furness man came and found that the intake pipe was frozen . He cleared it and the heat came back on. While I was outside later, I saw the exhaust from the furness come out of it's pipe and get sucked into the intake pipe, where it froze again. Called the company again and told them what was happening, they advised me to clear the intake pipe and they would have a repair man extend the intake pipe so the exhaust would'nt get back in. Company thanked me as they had had the same problem at other locations and didn't know what was the problem was.

if they installed your furnace then hopefully they did not charge you to correct this

should be common knowledge with all furnace installers that the intake and vent should be about 2 feet from each other to keep the intake from freezing up

#1478392 --- 11/12/15 10:40 AM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
for those of you that have a high efficient furnace make sure the outside intake pipe and vent pipe are clear of snow or ice

with the cooler weather approaching keep those tips in mind if your furnace fails to come on

#1481703 --- 02/13/16 12:16 PM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone

a reminder

#1481812 --- 02/17/16 04:41 AM Re: Furnace - simple fix [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

if you run into a situation that you determine the thermostat has failed and it is not possible to get one if the stores are closed then you can connect the two wires that go to the thermostat for the furnace mode so you have heat

a temporary measure until you can get a new thermostat