FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#1536430 --- 12/03/19 06:49 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Formermac]
a49deere Offline

Loc: ny
easily! program siplex system to detect if one. two or more heads are activated, sprinkler flow and a smoke head activation! multiply head activations and a sprinkler flow. any of the above and a pull station activation. campus security could investigate an alarm of only one device activated and at the same time putting fire dept on standby without leaving house. just sayin

FingerLakes1.com
#1536431 --- 12/03/19 06:59 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
a49deere Offline

and im about 99.99% sure that hobarts fire alarm system uses no transponders

#1536433 --- 12/03/19 07:41 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Above ground
Originally Posted By: a49deere
easily! program siplex system to detect if one. two or more heads are activated, sprinkler flow and a smoke head activation! multiply head activations and a sprinkler flow. any of the above and a pull station activation. campus security could investigate an alarm of only one device activated and at the same time putting fire dept on standby without leaving house. just sayin

Exactly, it all sounds good on paper or as we say in the electronic arena, schematics are flawless. Tell me of a perfectly and flawless system and I'll show you one that is PERFECT in every form in regard to design, one which is totally deactivated and lays dormant. Now about your infinite knowledge of what system HWS utilizes, maybe you can fine tune it to zero malfunctions. Based on experience, it's always a fool who speaks nonsensical babbling when uneducated in such areas, Just saying wink

#1536451 --- 12/04/19 02:15 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: bluezone]
Tacitus Offline

It would be interesting to see a map of false alarms. An area of high frequency might justify additional technology.

#1536470 --- 12/05/19 07:58 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Formermac]
a49deere Offline

Originally Posted By: Formermac

Exactly, it all sounds good on paper or as we say in the electronic arena, schematics are flawless. Tell me of a perfectly and flawless system and I'll show you one that is PERFECT in every form in regard to design, one which is totally deactivated and lays dormant. Now about your infinite knowledge of what system HWS utilizes, maybe you can fine tune it to zero malfunctions. Based on experience, it's always a fool who speaks nonsensical babbling when uneducated in such areas, Just saying wink

ok, Mister" electronics expert" do you have any clue of what type of fire alarm system Hobart utilizes? How old of a system it is? What is a remote receiver and transponder in the system? Have you looked up the definition of transponder? modern day fire alarm systems like Hobart's don't use transponders, unless they have fired their IT dept and gone back to the 70's

#1536471 --- 12/05/19 11:03 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

ok, Mister" electronics expert" do you have any clue of what type of fire alarm system Hobart utilizes? How old of a system it is? What is a remote receiver and transponder in the system? Have you looked up the definition of transponder? modern day fire alarm systems like Hobart's don't use transponders, unless they have fired their IT dept and gone back to the 70's

I love it when I can get under the skin of someone that don't know what they're speaking about. You're right, I have no knowledge of the type of fire system HWS possess. My point? regardless of the system, how do they minimize the amount of false alarms. BTW 4 years at Buffalo State and 34 years with LaChase as a master electrician, do think in any way I'll lower my standards for lil ole you? Calm down and try to get back to the topic at hand.....excessive call outs. lastly, unless you can tell us what type of fire detection is used, most of your rhetoric is for naught, I still retain my knowledge and you appear to be the fool.whistle

#1536475 --- 12/06/19 05:40 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Formermac/

Exactly, it all sounds good on paper or as we say in the electronic

ok, Mister" electronics expert"

A49deere - need not bother with the other poster who 'claims' to know it all

His information is clearly outdated by many decades

#1536477 --- 12/06/19 05:44 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Tacitus]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Tacitus
It would be interesting to see a map of false alarms.

It was brought up by a city council member asking why HWS fails to correct the 50 - 80 calls PER month to HWS for false alarms

#1536479 --- 12/06/19 05:52 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: bluezone]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
Originally Posted By: Formermac/

Exactly, it all sounds good on paper or as we say in the electronic

ok, Mister" electronics expert"

A49deere - need not bother with the other poster who 'claims' to know it all

His information is clearly outdated by many decades

I wouldn't question his premise of what type of system Hobart utilize, my thinking,what should be done to lower the incidents of the fire department going over, regardless if the system is old, if this is the case, upgrade the system which should be affordable seeing that students are paying $70,000 per year.
Question, has Geneva General Hospital resolve it issue of constant fire dept. callouts?

#1536482 --- 12/06/19 08:54 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Formermac]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
ok, modern day fire alarm systems like Hobart's don't use transponders, unless they have fired their IT dept and gone back to the 70's

Calm down and try to get back to the topic at hand.....excessive call outs. lastly, unless you can tell us what type of fire detection is used, most of your rhetoric is for naught...

For naught, regardless, since I.T. (information technology) departments have never been in charge of fire alarm systems, EVER. That profession is overseen by CERTIFIED Fire Alarm Technicians ONLY (as per law). Or, did they fire THEM as well? Also, Transponders are certainly still found in many modern Addressable Fire Alarm Systems.

So, it would seem that a49deere and bluezone's combined expertise on the matter are outdated since, well... the beginning of time.
whistle

#1536485 --- 12/06/19 09:23 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Timbo]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

LOL, thank you Sir, seeing that I did a system (Pittsburgh PA.) back in 2010, we know what is utilized. The current logic is "If it ain't broke" why spend thousands of dollars to simply replace an item because something new and improved has come alone. With that mindset, I need to purchase a new pickup every year because of improvements and technological advancements.

#1536521 --- 12/07/19 08:34 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Formermac]
a49deere Offline

wow. one system. back in 2010. that makes you an "expert".

#1536523 --- 12/07/19 08:39 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
a49deere Offline

I guess the point of this thread is to reduce alarms! not all false alarms are malfunctions. That being said, yes they have the means thru programming to reduce these types of responses.

#1536533 --- 12/07/19 02:02 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: bluezone]
Tacitus Offline

OK, so no one knows about the geographical concentration of false alarms. This would seem to be the information you need first, as it would give you a chance to see if it was a malfunction of equipment or negligent users.

#1536538 --- 12/07/19 06:28 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
Formermac Offline
Gold Member

wow. one system. back in 2010. that makes you an "expert".

Why embarrass yourself by making this a personal fight? You've totally lost the premise of said posting, a high concentration of call outs, which incidentally, we don't if this problem wasn't addressed already. Secondarily, any system upgrade will be determined by the size of the system, one or two rooms versus several buildings, which scenario is feasible to upgraded on a regular basis at an reasonable cost? So as you've repeated, my one upgrade at $27,000 seems reasonable if system last for the next 20 years.

#1536539 --- 12/08/19 08:03 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: a49deere]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

I guess the point of this thread is to reduce alarms! not all false alarms are malfunctions. That being said, yes they have the means thru programming to reduce these types of responses.

The point of this thread is for bluezone to have another platform to once again rail against the public education system. And lest anyone get worked up over my assertion, all one need do, is to conduct a cursory review of these forums to see her endless diatribes attacking any and all components of public education. locally or nationally.

If BZ were sincere about her stance(s) on the subject, she'd also mention other (and more costly) "drags" on the economy overall. Corporate tax breaks, churches, hospitals, and so on...

Disproportionate taxation is a noble point of discussion as it relates to a struggling economy. Doing so while transparently forsaking far more costly examples is not. Especially when one endlessly throws around false arguments and baseless assumptions while at the same time never EVER directly responding to dissenting viewpoints or presented verifiable, relevant facts. That is, unless of course, answering debate inquiries with cyclical answers can be considered 'sincere, reasoned debate.'

Addressing the very serious issue of poverty while limiting the argument to HWS alone (as BZ's thread title demonstrates) is convincing evidence of an entrenched, one-sided bias, and is disingenuous at BEST. It's certainly not a true attempt to address the greater issue.

#1536546 --- 12/08/19 05:52 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Timbo]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

*education system

#1536558 --- 12/09/19 11:25 AM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: bluezone]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nonprofit groups sue city | News | fltimes.com - Finger Lakes Times
Aug 6, 2011 · GENEVA –– As threatened, a group of nonprofit agencies led by Hobart and William Smith Colleges

#1536569 --- 12/09/19 12:00 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: Tacitus]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: Tacitus

HWS could do this (delay response until after an investigation), at the risk of the delayed response

Your statement below is from a different thread

It appears you want the tax exempt properties to help cover the costs thru higher water and sewer increases

The Benefits Assessments District that city council was going to move forward with would have had a far greater amount coming from the tax exempt properties like HWS but HWS was going to sue the city aka taxpayers

The Benefits Assessment District would have brought in about $2 million more per year from the tax exempt properties

Quote:
Savings? You mean how much will the increase be? Just because they're not increasing the rate doesn't mean your taxes will be reduced, just that your new (higher) assessments times the unchanged rate is sufficient to meet the demands of the new budget. But it's not too late to start looking at your assessment vs. comparable properties to see if you are over-assessed.

I'm actually glad there are increases in the water & sewer since the tax exempt properties have to pay those. Hopefully the City is allocating as many costs as possible to the Water & Sewer budgets

#1536580 --- 12/09/19 04:07 PM Re: Hobart / Poverty [Re: bluezone]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: bluezone
The Benefits Assessment District would have brought in about $2 million more per year from the tax exempt properties

How much of that $2,000,000 is from churches, charities and hospitals?

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >