FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 101 of 102 < 1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 >
Topic Options
#1490244 --- 10/01/16 07:42 AM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
<!-- -->
Originally Posted By: Formermac
A Mother Theresa you're not son. Tell us of true Christians that speak the shameful rhetoric coming from your mouth and I'll point out a true hypocrite. I own own a gun as well which is my Constitutional right but ignoramus such as yourself speak bravado due to a piece of metal being in your possession but in reality, more than likely, you'll call the cop after cleaning up the yellow and brown stains left on your person if you were actually accosted. As they say"big gun,big truck and small brain" wink

Of course I am no Mother Theresa and neither are you. Owning guns doesn't make one not a Christian. I own guns as my Constitutional right and I have a right to carry a handgun legally, which I do. I'm not speaking bravado I am just speaking in favor of owning guns. A true hypocrite is someone who owns a gun and then gets upset and bad mouths another gun owner. A true hypocrite is someone who is no Mother Theresa who tells someone else they are no Mother Theresa.

If I ever have to use a gun for self defense of course I would call the police. You make it sound like I shouldn't. You make it sound like calling the police is a bad thing.

So I ask again, do you have an example of why I am not a law abiding Christian?

FingerLakes1.com
#1490247 --- 10/01/16 09:58 AM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Above ground
ROTFLMBO, you have a problem with comprehension, which is your primary issue. When you can sit back a reread what I've said.....key word "reread" maybe that will give light to your disadvantage of owning a gun......a piece of metal in the hands of dysfunctional people is the problem, not the gun itself.

#1490254 --- 10/01/16 02:32 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
ROTFLMBO, you have a problem with comprehension, which is your primary issue. When you can sit back a reread what I've said.....key word "reread" maybe that will give light to your disadvantage of owning a gun......a piece of metal in the hands of dysfunctional people is the problem, not the gun itself.

Why do you own a gun if there are disadvantages to owning a gun?

So I will ask for a third time, how about an example of why I am not a law abiding Christian.

#1490271 --- 10/01/16 05:50 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

I don't answer your questions due to the fact that you fail to answer mines. It's so refreshing to see you play the Trump/Clinton game, I put out the bait and you're always willing to accommodate my very whim to make you look just as silly as we assume you to be. Want to confirm it by stating another foolish response? grin

#1490278 --- 10/02/16 01:04 AM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY
Originally Posted By: The Mechanic

Why do you own a gun if there are disadvantages to owning a gun?

So I will ask for a third time, how about an example of why I am not a law abiding Christian.

A question, more in need of answering is, how do you reconcile your claimed ownership of Christian scriptural tenants while simultaneously and inarguably being a self-confessed gun fetishist?

If were there ever two mindsets at total odds with each other, this would be it.

By definition, you can NOT be both. To suggest otherwise, is patently fraudulent.

Right, H*rley?

#1490348 --- 10/03/16 12:39 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
I don't answer your questions due to the fact that you fail to answer mines.

So you lied when you said I wasn't law abiding? I'm sure if I wasn't and you knew it you would have that all over these forums.

#1490349 --- 10/03/16 12:48 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Timbo]
The Mechanic Offline

Originally Posted By: Timbo

A question, more in need of answering is, how do you reconcile your because ownership of Christian scriptural tenants while simultaneously and inarguably being a self-confessed gun fetishist?

If were there ever two mindsets at total odds with each other, this would be it.

By definition, you can NOT be both. To suggest otherwise, is patently fraudulent.

Right, H*rley?

Owning a gun or any weapon is not a sin. The Bible talks of self defense. People protecting themselve and their homes with weapons has been going on since before Christ.

So I will choose law abiding gun owning Christian.

Who's H*rley? Another lie of yours?

#1490438 --- 10/04/16 05:09 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Showing that ignorance are you? if I recall correctly, the highest form of weaponry were bow/arrows and spears, maybe a few rocks throwing. Furthermore protection was predicated due to wars against neighboring countries and territories. Now are you saying that you're so ornery, hateful and obstinate that the need to always protect yourself has become a prerequisite to daily survival ? Doesn't surprise me. wink

#1490440 --- 10/04/16 07:47 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
Teonan Offline

Loc: The Annex
Originally Posted By: Timbo

A question, more in need of answering is, how do you reconcile your because ownership of Christian scriptural tenants while simultaneously and inarguably being a self-confessed gun fetishist?

Right, H*rley?

So I will choose law abiding gun owning Christian.

Check the number of your braggadocios "I'm open carrying today folks!" rehashed on these threads. Then examine the depth of your professed Christian attitude in light of the teachings you prefer to ignore.

Boasting IS a sin:

Jeremiah 9:23 This is what the LORD says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.

James 4:16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.

Psalm 10:2-4 In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the LORD. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Psalm 75:4-5 “I warned the proud, ‘Stop your boasting!’

#1490441 --- 10/04/16 08:00 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Teonan]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Preach Bruh.
Mr.Braggadocios, can't understand the fact that increased gun possession increases gun violent and self inflicted death....not decreases it as he falsely declares.

Matthew 26:52

New International Bible

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

#1490915 --- 10/20/16 04:35 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
Now are you saying that you're so ornery, hateful and obstinate that the need to always protect yourself has become a prerequisite to daily survival ? Doesn't surprise me. wink

Why do you have an issue with my need to want to protect myself, my family and my home?

#1490916 --- 10/20/16 04:37 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
The Mechanic Offline

<!-- -->
Preach Bruh.
Mr.Braggadocios, can't understand the fact that increased gun possession increases gun violent and self inflicted death....not decreases it as he falsely declares.

Matthew 26:52

New International Bible

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Gun ownership is up and violent crime is down. I'm glad I own guns and not swords.

#1490918 --- 10/20/16 04:50 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Teonan]
The Mechanic Offline

Originally Posted By: Teonan

[size:11pt]Check the number of your braggadocios "I'm open carrying today folks!" rehashed on these threads.

You put those words in quotes and I never said that. You are lying. Plain and simple. Lying.

1 Timothy 1:10 - Liars are listed among other sins that are contrary to sound doctrine.

#1493247 --- 12/12/16 04:20 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

ICYMI: House Republicans Form Second Amendment Caucus
Matt Vespa

Well, it’s about time. House Republicans are forming a Second Amendment caucus that’s going to be chaired by Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY). Stephen Gutowski of The Washington Free Beacon had more:

Caucus members will lead efforts in the House of Representatives to pass meaningful firearms legislation and protect Americans against infringements of the Second Amendment,” the group said in a statement.
Massie said the election of Donald Trump and Republican majorities in both houses of Congress were the catalyst for the formation of the caucus.
[…]
The inaugural members of the caucus are Republican Reps. Jeff Duncan (S.C.), Ted Yoho (Fla.), Brian Babin (Texas), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Mark Meadows (N.C.), Ken Buck (Colo.), Alex Mooney (W.Va.), Justin Amash (Mich.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Dave Brat (Va.), Warren Davidson (Ohio), Scott Perry (Pa.), and James Comer (Ky.).
A national concealed carry reciprocity bill is said to be on the docket for the 115th sessions of Congress. With the Supreme Court also on the frontlines of the Second Amendment debate, it’s refreshing that a collection of pro-civil rights lawmakers is banding together to protect one of our fundamental rights as Americans.

#1493248 --- 12/12/16 04:21 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: cwjga]
cwjga Offline
Silver Member

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill In The Pipeline For Next Congress
Matt Vespa

Katie wondered if a national concealed carry reciprocity bill was going to happen under a Trump White House. Well, Stephen Gutowski of The Washington Free Beacon wrote that there is one bill in the pipeline when the 115th Congress is sworn in next month:

North Carolina Republican Rep. Richard Hudson on Monday released the details of the bill he plans to introduce in the next session. The bill would allow anybody with a valid concealed carry permit from the state they live in to carry a gun in any other state.
“Our Second Amendment right doesn’t disappear when we cross state lines, and I plan to introduce legislation in the first days of the 115th Congress to guarantee that,” Hudson told the Daily Caller. “The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is a common sense bill to provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits.”
[…]
The law would also allow anybody who is wrongfully prosecuted for carrying in a neighboring state to seek lawyers fees from that state.
I love it. Any one who is supportive of Second Amendment rights should be happy about this, given that the chances of it passing are better now that Republicans retained control of Congress. Yet, just because the prospects are better doesn’t mean it’s a sure thing. It’ll pass the House, President-elect Donald J. Trump will probably sign it, but it’s the Senate; we need to convince eight Democrats to end debate on the matter—and we’re going to be hard pressed to find one to back a law that will surely see them catch hell from the anti-gun crowd should they even give the inkling that they’re considering it. Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-SD) might be more open-minded, given that they’re from pro-gun red states. Still, say they do jump onboard leaving out Ms. Heitkamp’s possible future in the Trump administration (she’s being considered for a role in energy jobs or agriculture) we’re still six votes shy. It’s possible that this bill could face a legislative death at the ten-yard line due to the cloture vote.

Concerning the courts, it’s possible that Trump will be able to put two justices on the Supreme Court, greatly increasing the odds that lawsuits over may issue states’ justifiable need clause, in which the applicant must present why they’re exercising their constitutional right to own a gun. They usually have to present evidence that they’re in physical danger through stalking or death threats, a procedural obstacle that many consider unconstitutional. There have been two cases in New Jersey and Maryland that have brought this before the Court; they’ve declined to hear arguments each time. I’m confident that in the long term, the Court will listen to a lawsuit concerning the unconstitutionality of the justifiable need clause relating to blue states’ anti-gun laws. And if found that the provision is unconstitutional, could strike down such provisions in other jurisdictions. Like with anything in America, things take time, but keep on pushing until you succeed. As George Will has noted, often to criticize the petulant impulses of the Left who wants everything now relating to social justice, there isn’t a single thing that Americans have clamored for in a protracted way that they didn’t eventually get in our history.

#1493797 --- 01/02/17 01:22 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: sands]
The Mechanic Offline

2016 was a record year for gun sales and a year that saw a decrease in violent crime.

#1493935 --- 01/07/17 03:25 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: The Mechanic]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: WWG1WGA
2016 was a record year for gun sales and a year that saw a decrease in violent crime.

One thing President Obama did right in the last eight years.

#1493936 --- 01/07/17 03:30 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: ThomasDecker]
Formermac Offline
Silver Member

Adversely, the fact that record gun sales equates to increased homicides seems to be the fact. Citation on crime deterrent being effective by increased gun sales would have made your case more sensible. laugh

#1493937 --- 01/07/17 04:42 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Originally Posted By: cwjga
A national concealed carry reciprocity bill is said to be on the docket for the 115th sessions of Congress.
Will you be allowed to carry concealed guns on airplanes? Will you be allowed to carry concealed guns in the halls of congress?

#1493940 --- 01/07/17 07:32 PM Re: Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise [Re: Formermac]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: WWG1WGA
Adversely, the fact that record gun sales equates to increased homicides seems to be the fact.

Citation on crime deterrent being effective by increased gun sales would have made your case more sensible. laugh

What?

Page 101 of 102 < 1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 >