Topic Options
#1455017 --- 07/23/14 02:43 PM Frogs
MissingArty Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY

FingerLakes1.com
#1456531 --- 08/06/14 01:12 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
Tabbytails Offline

Loc: Here Abouts.
We have so many frogs this year it sounds like an old jungle movie out here at night. I hate mowing, because they are hopping all over the place...and the toads are popping up now, too.

#1464120 --- 12/21/14 04:16 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Institute for Responsible Technology - The Tipping Point Network

2 hrs · Edited ·

Meet Tyrone Hayes, a scientist with the University of California. He made an incredible discovery – that a commonly used herbicide can have profoundly harmful effects on the human endocrine system. He tried to publish his work, but the chemical’s manufacturer started a smear campaign to discredit him and his research.

Read more at http://higherperspective.com/2014/12/paid-shut-up.html…

#1464350 --- 12/31/14 09:34 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
young guns Offline

Loc: USA
Frogs? Does this fit in?

A little boy about 12 years old is walking down the street dragging a flattened frog on a string behind him. He came up to the doorstep of 'a house of ill repute' and knocked on the door.

When the Madam answered it, she saw the little boy and asked what he wanted.

He said, 'I want to have sex with one of the women inside. I have the money to buy it, and I'm not leaving until I get it.

The Madam figured, why not, so she told him to come in. Once in, she told him to pick any of the girls he liked. He asked, 'Do any of the girls have any diseases?'

Of course the Madam said 'No'.

The boy said, 'I heard all the men talking about having to get shots after making love with Amber - THAT'S the girl I want.'

Since the little boy was so adamant and had the money to pay for it, the Madam told him to go to the first room on the right.

He headed down the hall dragging the squashed frog behind him. Ten minutes later he came back, still dragging the frog, paid the Madam, and headed out the door.

The Madam stopped him and asked, 'Why did you pick the only girl in the place with a disease, instead of one of the others?'

He said, 'Well, if you must know, tonight when I get home, my parents are going out to a restaurant to eat, leaving me at home with a baby-sitter. After they leave, my baby-sitter will have sex with me because she just happens to be very fond of cute little boys. She will then get the disease that I just caught. When Mum and Dad get back, Dad will take the baby-sitter home. On the way, he'll give her one in the car and he'll catch the disease..

Then when Dad gets home from the baby-sitter's, he and Mum will go to bed and have sex, and Mum will catch it.

In the morning when Dad goes to work, the Milkman will deliver the milk, have a quickie with Mum and catch the disease, and HE'S the prick who ran over my FROG!'____

#1464709 --- 01/09/15 02:23 PM Re: Frogs [Re: young guns]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: young guns
Frogs? Does this fit in?

A little boy about 12 years old is walking down the street dragging a flattened frog on a string behind him. He came up to the doorstep of 'a house of ill repute' and knocked on the door.

When the Madam answered it, she saw the little boy and asked what he wanted.

He said, 'I want to have sex with one of the women inside. I have the money to buy it, and I'm not leaving until I get it.

The Madam figured, why not, so she told him to come in. Once in, she told him to pick any of the girls he liked. He asked, 'Do any of the girls have any diseases?'

Of course the Madam said 'No'.

The boy said, 'I heard all the men talking about having to get shots after making love with Amber - THAT'S the girl I want.'

Since the little boy was so adamant and had the money to pay for it, the Madam told him to go to the first room on the right.

He headed down the hall dragging the squashed frog behind him. Ten minutes later he came back, still dragging the frog, paid the Madam, and headed out the door.

The Madam stopped him and asked, 'Why did you pick the only girl in the place with a disease, instead of one of the others?'

He said, 'Well, if you must know, tonight when I get home, my parents are going out to a restaurant to eat, leaving me at home with a baby-sitter. After they leave, my baby-sitter will have sex with me because she just happens to be very fond of cute little boys. She will then get the disease that I just caught. When Mum and Dad get back, Dad will take the baby-sitter home. On the way, he'll give her one in the car and he'll catch the disease..

Then when Dad gets home from the baby-sitter's, he and Mum will go to bed and have sex, and Mum will catch it.

In the morning when Dad goes to work, the Milkman will deliver the milk, have a quickie with Mum and catch the disease, and HE'S the prick who ran over my FROG!'____

Perfect eek

#1464710 --- 01/09/15 02:28 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Offline

More Crap

Originally Posted By: MissingArty
Institute for Responsible Technology - The Tipping Point Network

2 hrs · Edited ·

Meet Tyrone Hayes, a scientist with the University of California. He made an incredible discovery – that a commonly used herbicide can have profoundly harmful effects on the human endocrine system. He tried to publish his work, but the chemical’s manufacturer started a smear campaign to discredit him and his research.

Read more at http://higherperspective.com/2014/12/paid-shut-up.html…

Did The New Yorker Botch Puff Piece On Frog Scientist Tyrone Hayes, Turning Rogue into Beleaguered Hero?
Comment Now Follow Comments

Who Is Tyrone Hayes and what’s the real story behind the University of California researcher’s sensational claim that he and his family are targeted victims of Big Ag?

According to the amphibian scientist and as echoed in a recent 8,000 word mega-feature in the New Yorker by Rachel Aviv, Hayes is an addled but unfairly attacked whistler-blower, victim of a multi-year long campaign by the seed and chemical company Syngenta to discredit his research and personally destroy him. It’s diabolical if true. But the Hayes-New Yorker narrative does not square so easily with the public record.

The saga began in 2002, when Hayes published a blockbuster study claiming that the herbicide atrazine, hailed by scientists for decades because of its low toxic profile, caused sexual abnormalities in frogs. He speculated that it could harm humans. Hayes’ claims set off a firestorm, fanned by advocacy groups that view large agricultural companies as just this side of the devil. Millions of dollars has been poured into research to address his alleged findings. But a decade later, after numerous follow up studies by the Environmental Protection Agency and a score of scientists, industry and independent, evidence of endocrine related problems Hayes claimed to have identified in frogs and perhaps in humans are no where to be found.

Hayes

Nonetheless, even as support for his research has dwindled among mainstream scientists and government oversight agencies around the world, Hayes has engaged in a relentless smear campaign against those who have challenged his one-off conclusions. The circus act wore thin, but was briefly revived last summer when it was announced that Hayes would be forced to wind down his atrazine related research at Berkeley. Hayes contended that he was in effect unfairly fired because of the ongoing conspiracy orchestrated by Syngenta, and that the compliant university was in cahoots. As I related in an article in Forbes last August, Hayes provided no evidence to back up his conspiracy claims and Berkeley officials fiercely denied Hayes’ characterization of what went down.

Almost completely discredited, the New Yorker piece breathed new life into his fading career. And this time he’s back with even more sensational charges. He’s claiming that Syngenta has hacked into his emails and has been tailing him. Explosively, he says one of Syngenta’s chief scientists has threatened to have him lynched and his family raped. Hayes presents zero evidence to back up these scary claims, which he is now shouting throughout cyberspace and on television. In fact, there is much on-the-record evidence that quite the opposite has transpired over the years: Hayes himself has issued repeated email and verbal threats, many of a sexual nature, against his critics, at Syngenta and elsewhere. Reams of his threatening emails have been reproduced online by Gawker in an article titled: “Dr. Tyrone Hayes: Biologist, Cock-Fixated Megalomaniac Email Addict” (the seriousness of these harassing emails was oddly downplayed in Aviv’s New Yorker piece).

After the latest attacks by Hayes, who has apparently been emboldened by the New Yorker piece, Syngenta responded last week, sending Hayes a cease and desist letter, demanding that he “stop spreading lies” and issue a public apology and retraction. What happens next is anyone’s guess.

What’s not in dispute are many of the basic facts of the saga. In a summary analysis posted last week on the website Academics Review–”Turning Science into a Circus”– Bruce Chassy, professor emeritus at the University of Illinois and former Head of the university’s Department of Food Sciences, challenged the world-according-to Hayes (and the New Yorker). Chassy dissects Aviv’s reporting on Hayes and the bizarre blizzard of emails he sent to those who he perceived as masterminds of the alleged conspiracy to suppress his work.

“New Yorker author Rachel Aviv hardly acknowledges this 10-year long campaign of harassment, bringing it up in the article only to have it dismissed by a Hayes’s friend at U.C. Berkeley as “quite hilarious” (one wonders if sexual harassment is now considered “hilarious” at Berkeley as long the female victims happen to work for a “big corporation”),” Chassy writes. Even more damning, Chassy cites the litany of unsubstantiated allegations Hayes has made against his former employer.

#1464720 --- 01/09/15 05:41 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Holy cow, you really are a biotech bully.

I have to tell you that I don't read your posts because I don't have time to waste on someone who wants to continue poisoning my family. I'm dedicated to getting the information to parents, who have the right to decide what to feed or inject into themselves and their children.

I did spot your post in "Frogs." Tyrone is a friend of mine on facebook. I will share your post with him. Would you care to provide a link to your article or did you write that up yourself?

Here is the real story - Tyrone Hayes is a world wide hero. We should be thanking the whistleblower scientists.

Silencing the Scientist: Tyrone Hayes on Being Targeted By Herbicide Firm Syngenta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-6Gp5RbjQ

Dr. Tyrone Hayes Speaks on Maui

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Nom0UX83w

#1464737 --- 01/09/15 10:05 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Dr. Tyrone Hayes response to the above article posted by cwjga:

"john entine is behind this. paid by syngenta. note that the threats and plots against me etc discussed in the new yorker article were all chronicled in hand written notes by syngenta themselves in documents that are now publicly available."

Missing Arty: Watch the videos folks.

#1464753 --- 01/10/15 10:32 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
cwjga Offline

Originally Posted By: MissingArty

I have to tell you that I don't read your posts because I don't have time to waste on someone who wants to continue poisoning my family. I'm dedicated to getting the information to parents, who have the right to decide what to feed or inject into themselves and their children.

That's the difference. I do read your crap. Then i do some research to get the other side of the story. Fact is that there is most likely some truth to both. And you are right people have the right to decide. But they also have the right to the whole story.

My research shows that there are a lot more scientific studies that show GMO's to be safe.

My I will give you the fact that there are a lot of stories that claim GMO are harmful. Like we force fed rats and they got cancer, must be from GMO's.

When you find an actual scientific study let me know.

#1464982 --- 01/15/15 10:45 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

I am my own scientific study. I got ill. I researched. I stopped eating gmo food. I got better IMMEDIATELY. I knew even before I found out about all the science that is being kept from the public that this food was bad.

When your pet's are puking up their food every other day and then you switch to a non gmo food, the puking stops, their fur shines, their healthier, happier, something is wrong with that gmo food.

Another important fact I learned in this process is that we have no government agencies looking out for the American people. They work for corporations.

People are waking up. They see what corporations have done to our economy, way of life and now they need to know what's been done to their food, air and water.

Folks need to learn about this. It's not only affecting you and your family, but your pets also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAMlir8oprw

#1464983 --- 01/15/15 10:47 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

The life and work of biologist Dr. Tyrone B. Hayes, PhD, reads like the script of a Hollywood blockbuster: Scientist whistleblower takes on global agribusiness responsible for environmental havoc; a web of lies, corporate shenanigans, and mystery ensues. So it’s somehow fitting that Oscar-winning director Jonathan Demme took on Hayes’ story for a segment in the Amazon Original TV series pilot, "The New Yorker Presents."

Tyrone Hayes on the misfortune of frogs, crooked science and why we should shun GMOs

January 15, 2015

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-ag...-shun-gmos.html

#1465101 --- 01/19/15 02:12 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Got to ask MissingArty.... why do you keep responding to yourself?

#1465324 --- 01/27/15 02:34 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Genetically Modified (GM) Ingredients in Pet Foods: Dogs & Cats at Risk

By Dr. Michael W. Fox*

Dogs and cats, like the proverbial canaries down the mine shafts, have become our sentinels. They alert us to health hazards in the home-environments we share and in the products and by-products of the same agribusiness food industry that feeds most of us and them. In the mid 1990s I began to suspect diet may play a role in a “cluster” of health problems not seen nearly as often as when dogs and cats were being fed conventional corn and soy. Since that time I have formed the professional opinion that there is sufficient proof from evidence based medicine that dietary ingredients derived from GM crops are not safe for companion animals, and by extension, for human consumers either.

http://responsibletechnology.org/gmosinpetfood

#1465326 --- 01/27/15 02:44 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

Monarchs May Win 'Endangered Species' Protection

January 6, 2015

https://www.organicconsumers.org/news/monarchs-may-win-endangered-species-protection

#1465327 --- 01/27/15 02:46 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

#1466075 --- 02/14/15 04:29 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

2/12/15

Syngenta's Phillipson admits Atrazine banned in home country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZcm7728CZg

#1466526 --- 02/22/15 06:55 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association

http://www.ahvma.org/

#1468359 --- 04/01/15 03:19 PM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

#1469993 --- 04/30/15 01:51 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

*********************Upstate New York tested .33 for Glyphosate in the water - 3X Higher than allowed in Europe*******************

Moms Across America's Zen Honeycutt speaks in Sydney, Australia - March 24, 2015

"I'm not a scientist and I'm not a doctor. I'm an expert Mom. I'm the expert of my children. You're your children's expert. If you're not a parent, you are your expert."

"A concerned Mom does better research than the FBI."

"Gmo's are a chemical delivery system to humans." (And in the case of pets, animals, etc., they are also harmed by the food and water they consume.)

"Glyphosate stayes viable in dark salty water for up to 351 days, does not biodegrade like they say it does, this has been proven so when I went in front of the Monsanto Shareholder meeting this past January and spoke to them about their products harming our children on behalf of mothers, I said to them what is in our womb? Dark salty water and what is the size of a fetus? It's the size of a shrimp. You must be responsible for the contamination of our children and the pollution of our planet and I believe many of them got it."

"We have the knowledge and power to do something about this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpkjMP3xhx8#t=33

https://www.facebook.com/MomsAcrossAmerica?fref=ts
http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/
http://www.momsacrosstheworld.com/

Edited by MissingArty (04/30/15 01:53 AM)

#1470661 --- 05/11/15 03:43 AM Re: Frogs [Re: MissingArty]
MissingArty Offline

WV-Based OVEC and SkyTruth to Receive Jean and Leslie Douglas Pearl Award

April 14, 2015

Tyrone B. Hayes, Ph.D.

Professor of Integrative Biology, Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Endocrinology, Molecular Toxicology, and Energy and Resources Group

"Hayes’ research focuses on developmental endocrinology with an emphasis on evolution and environmental regulation of growth and development. For the past 10 years, the role of endocrine disrupting contaminants, particularly pesticides, has been a major focus. Hayes is interested in the impact of chemical contaminants on environmental health and public health, with a specific interest in the role of pesticides in global amphibian declines and environmental justice concerns associated with targeted exposure of racial and ethnic minorities to endocrine disruptors and the role that exposure plays in health care disparities."

http://ohvec.org/pearl-award/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >